PDA

View Full Version : Honor rank/honor kill rewards

slim147
02-26-2017, 08:55 PM
They need to make a rank based on your honor kills or some kind of reward system for getting honor kill's and take xp away for each gank kill...the game is based on having honor that's what the whole story was about, having honor ,the warden could have killed the raider when he was watching his village burn but the warden threw him a sword and let him stand up to fight for honor...you should be rewarded heavily for getting honorable kill's in brawl/deathmatch games and you should get no end game reward for teaming up against people plus get less exp if you team up on someone a lower rep then you like if a team of rep 5's are taking on a team of rep 1s, and the 5s are ganking there not getting nothing at the end of the game...because it's not skillfull running with your team is not a skill it's unhonorable...I just think people who play with honor, in a game BASED on having HONOR should get more exp and rewards then those with no honor it just seems like the point bonus in the game for honorable kills just isn't worth right now and no one cares about it, all they care about is winning the match which doesn't even mean anything you get war assets based on performance, win or lose top spot on each side gets about 2k war assets ....Honor kills should be worth 10x more exp then dishonor kills and if you have the highest honor kill count at the end of the match you get champion status for the next game and a 200 steel or something ,so people have an incentive to fight FOR HONOR

Mathonn
02-26-2017, 09:11 PM
If you require incentives you're not really doing it for honor now are you?

But thanks for yet another thread about how they named the game "For Honor" so people that are careless, foolish or selfish deserve extras and team players are wrong for playing as a team.

SiewcaRaka
02-26-2017, 09:29 PM
because it's not skillfull running with your team is not a skill it's unhonorable

Questioning someones skills and honor is by all means dishonourable behaviour. You are just another player that uses word "honor" when it suits his needs.

slim147
02-26-2017, 09:32 PM
youre funny they named it For Honor for a reason lol if you don't think so you're whats wrong with the game you're just like all the **** players who claim skill gank kill's...it's a game literally based on honor its in the title of the game itd be like buying god of war but never playing as the god of war, this is a game about honor like that's a game about the god of war ...they should have called it something else..but every aspect of the story was based on honor so should the online...and how would getting a exp boost make the kill not for honor the honor if you gave all your opponent's a fair fight in real life you'd be a greater warrior and more of a badass for it and your name would spread faster then if u didnt ,that's what the exp would represent your skill in the battlefield..but by the sound of you're post you'd start to lose rank i lf that was the case you sound like the typical sit player who rely's on bs to win you and i can bet you never really play duel ,only dominion or skirmish

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 09:34 PM
A lot of the game is about the absence of honour actually.
It's in the story, in the mechanics, in the cinematics, in the tutorials and how to play videos, in the feats and in the environments.
Also FOR is not WITH.

Sirrkas
02-26-2017, 09:35 PM
the game is based on having honor that's what the whole story was about,

I didn't notice the story being about honor. It is about war.

the warden could have killed the raider when he was watching his village burn but the warden threw him a sword and let him stand up to fight for honor

That was no raider. It was a warlord if you talk about the class. The warden also seemed to be the only one caring about honor. But then you would have to ask, why the warden switched so fast loyalties, after the duel in mission one. It was probably the right thing to do, but nothing I would consider honorable.

all they care about is winning the match

That sounds like the smart thing to do in a match with specific winconditions, like going for objectives and acing the team in the end.

If you really care so much about honor, you get honorable points for getting kills while being outnumbered. I just had a match against bots, where that popped up. +15 for a kill in a 2vs2 and +25 for a kill in 1vs2. But I don't see a point in locking loot behind playing dumb in a teamgame. Your idea sounds like the guys in League of Legends complaining about getting ganked and asking for 1vs1 to show that the only thing they are able to do, is playing toplane without caring for the team, objectives and the match, while they lack in warding, map awareness and teamplay.

When you really just want 1vs1s there is a mode for that, even gear is disabled there.

Slowthrob
02-26-2017, 09:35 PM
This again...

slim147
02-26-2017, 09:38 PM
Questioning someones skills and honor is by all means dishonourable behaviour. You are just another player that uses word "honor" when it suits his needs.

Questioning someone's skills is unhonorable lol you're a joke too the definition of HONOR is having high respect and ganking =no honor =no respect,, so yes if you gank you have no skill and you don't get honor..
So it's not dishonorable behavior to say u have no skill for ganking ....clown

Sirrkas
02-26-2017, 09:42 PM
itd be like buying god of war but never playing as the god of war

Just because that is in the title, it doesn't mean, you can play it. I was not playing a portal in Portal 1 and 2.

You are with the point right, that the title should be included. But in your god of war example, that could also be the villain, you have to overcome. It is not necessarily your character.

And for "For Honor" it can be seen also like this. The game is about honor and how few it is worth. One of the very trailers of the game is asking the viewer what he knows about honor and one should first learn, what honor really is. For me it seems in that trailer more like, it is a death sentence.

Sirrkas
02-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Questioning someone's skills is unhonorable lol you're a joke too the definition of HONOR is having high respect and ganking =no honor =no respect,, so yes if you gank you have no skill and you don't get honor..

Or the opponent is showing you a lot of respect by ganking up on you. It could also mean, they see you as a big threat and can only overcome you by working for advantages first.

slim147
02-26-2017, 09:47 PM

I didn't notice the story being about honor. It is about war.

That was no raider. It was a warlord if you talk about the class. The warden also seemed to be the only one caring about honor. But then you would have to ask, why the warden switched so fast loyalties, after the duel in mission one. It was probably the right thing to do, but nothing I would consider honorable.

That sounds like the smart thing to do in a match with specific winconditions, like going for objectives and acing the team in the end.

If you really care so much about honor, you get honorable points for getting kills while being outnumbered. I just had a match against bots, where that popped up. +15 for a kill in a 2vs2 and +25 for a kill in 1vs2. But I don't see a point in locking loot behind playing dumb in a teamgame. Your idea sounds like the guys in League of Legends complaining about getting ganked and asking for 1vs1 to show that the only thing they are able to do, is playing toplane without caring for the team, objectives and the match, while they lack in warding, map awareness and teamplay.

When you really just want 1vs1s there is a mode for that, even gear is disabled there.

I want honor I want to play a game where people who are good prove they are good buy waiting for you to finish a kill then rek you proving they have more skill ... your point's for getting honorable kills goes to feats not exp towards your character or maybe I think you get like 10xp or something for each kill which isn't worth it like I'm saying why base a game on honor and not reward the honorable Im not saying take out the ability to gank if you wanna gank go for it but reward those who wait for your fight to finish then kill you 1v1 they should be reward heavily for showing honor and having separate rank based on honor

Sirrkas
02-26-2017, 09:50 PM
I want honor I want to play a game where people who are good prove they are good buy waiting for you to finish a kill then rek you proving they have more skill ... your point's for getting honorable kills goes to feats not exp towards your character or maybe I think you get like 10xp or something for each kill which isn't worth it like I'm saying why base a game on honor and not reward the honorable Im not saying take out the ability to gank if you wanna gank go for it but reward those who wait for your fight to finish then kill you 1v1 they should be reward heavily for showing honor and having separate rank based on honor

No, you are asking for your playstile getting benefited. If you choose to do only duels in skirmish, elimination and domination, you are free to do so. But please don't try to enforce your prefered playstile on others by benefiting yours or discouraging other playstiles.

ZEONesp
02-26-2017, 09:51 PM
You can play Duel which is 1 on 1.

Dont expect in a team based game mode exacly the oposite. Just like in football or something.

slim147
02-26-2017, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=Sirrkas;12376306]Just because that is in the title, it doesn't mean, you can play it. I was not playing a portal in Portal 1 and 2

But you used portals they didn't name it portal and have you using stairs the poreals where the key mechanic in that game hint the title of the game

SiewcaRaka
02-26-2017, 09:52 PM

You don't even understand honor and yet you demand it. You said nothing that would support your claim. Sorry you are not honourable. Another dishonourable mediocre player that hides behind word HONOR

slim147
02-26-2017, 09:53 PM
No, you are asking for your playstile getting benefited. If you choose to do only duels in skirmish, elimination and domination, you are free to do so. But please don't try to enforce your prefered playstile on others by benefiting yours or discouraging other playstiles.

No stupid, I'm asking the game to live up to its name

slim147
02-26-2017, 09:58 PM
You don't even understand honor and yet you demand it. You said nothing that would support your claim. Sorry you are not honourable. Another dishonourable mediocre player that hides behind word HONOR

Lololol tell me the definition of honor then cause I actually own a dictionary and it's literally having high respect for something and I repect player's who are rep 5 I give them there chance to prove they can take out 4 people 1v1 and prove they are good and if they can't they get better for trying I don't respect the little snatch who claim they are good by ganking if youre good prove it.. I'm dishonorable lol I bet your honor kill count is less then 50

IF_Torbjorn
02-26-2017, 10:00 PM
the game is based on having honor
No.

slim147
02-26-2017, 10:03 PM
No.
Why is it called for honor then ??

CitizenPuddi
02-26-2017, 10:07 PM

probably because "for honor" sounds a lot better than "samurai vs knights vs vikings for some reason"

Zv1k0
02-26-2017, 10:08 PM

Thats right. Its FOR honor not WITH honor.

slim147
02-26-2017, 10:11 PM
Lol everyone who's posted probably has no honor and would hate if honorable kills got rewarded the honorable are most likely are the best ones at the game Im rep 4 108 gear score I can win 3v1 with revenge but the 3 people fighting me are trash and will always be trash at the game unless they learn how to fight 1v1 and if your a rep 5 with a 108 gear score and your ganking a lvl13 it's lol and very sad and if you think there's some kind of justification for it your just plain wrong and can't claim skill

IF_Torbjorn
02-26-2017, 10:13 PM

This is teamwork based game, that have 1v1 mode for fun. And this title "For Honor" just beautiful words. Not to mention the fact that each has its own honor codex.

CitizenPuddi
02-26-2017, 10:13 PM
like...

if they wanted everyone to be honorable, they would probably have honor rules in place-- or maybe they wouldve changed the gameplay to fit that playstyle

but instead they have a stickied post that explicitly states:

This post does NOT explain how to play For Honor the ‘right way’, nor does it claim to even be the ‘right way’ to go about the topic of honor in For Honor. In fact you can make a rather strong case for it being a ‘wrong way’ to play.

so...

there's that

slim147
02-26-2017, 10:14 PM
Thats right. Its FOR honor not WITH honor.

Any yet no one does anything FOR HONOR because there's no reward for it ..lol you can't twist it... for honor with honor...Honor is what its about

SiewcaRaka
02-26-2017, 10:17 PM
Any yet no one does anything FOR HONOR because there's no reward for it ..lol you can't twist it... for honor with honor...Honor is what its about

And you still lack knowledge about honor, disrespecting everyone that disagree with you is dishonourable(even by your own "dictionary definition"). Samurais killed their allies to get heads of important enemies, were they dishonourable? No, they achieved honor. Victory is honor that we try to achieve, so we fight FOR HONOR and we do not incorporate some silly rules cause we do not fight WITH HONOR.

Cyb3rR4ptor
02-26-2017, 10:25 PM

Why is it called Legend of Zelda? If Zelda is barely around?
Why is it called Metal Gear? If they barely show up?
Why is it called Halo? If the Halo rings have lost impact on the story?
Why is it called Resident Evil? If it makes no relation with either zombies, bio weapons etc?

it's just a name.
Also. Please take a number Ubisoft is currently handling all the complaints with same relevance of you issues.

slim147
02-26-2017, 10:25 PM
like...

if they wanted everyone to be honorable, they would probably have honor rules in place-- or maybe they wouldve changed the gameplay to fit that playstyle

but instead they have a stickied post that explicitly states:

so...

there's that

Or they did and didn't think people where going to cheese as much like I said the honorable should be rewarded did you even read my first post I'm not saying take anything out I'm saying reward the honorable, honor kills should be worth more and more rewarding if people gank cool but if it's down to the end of the match the finAL 1v4 and the 4 give the 1 a chance to come back they should have a separate honor system rank for brawl/death match that only goes up with honor kills because the rep system is basically just how long you've been that hero it has nothing to do with skill, a **** player will eventually rep up just by playing we need a rank syste based on skill, if you play the gank way you get matched up with gankers because your honor skill would be low ,if your honorable you get matched with higher lvl honor rank..so you can still play like a ***** it wouldn't even effect u

Arekonator
02-26-2017, 10:27 PM
I hate break it to you, OP, but while its perfectly fine for you to followsome self imposed rules about "honor", assuming some sort of moral high ground, and then insulting people who disagree with you or who simply dont follow your rules, makes you kind of a **** and also proves you know little about the "honor" you claim to care so much about

Exaffect
02-26-2017, 10:27 PM
People will say, "b-b-b-but mah team play". But it's not team play. It's seagulls running around sayjng, "mine, mine, mine, mine!"

They need to introduce better incentives to utilize the combat system because right now it's simply everybody out for themselves, hitting teammates, cheesing the environment, and almost no skill required whatsoever.

But unskilled players love their "chaos".

Sirrkas
02-26-2017, 10:32 PM
People will say, "b-b-b-but mah team play". But it's not team play. It's seagulls running around sayjng, "mine, mine, mine, mine!"

They need to introduce better incentives to utilize the combat system because right now it's simply everybody out for themselves, hitting teammates, cheesing the environment, and almost no skill required whatsoever.

From what I encountered, unskilled player hide behind 1vs1 and call other honorless, if they have to fight 2vs1, even though, they started it in brawl.

CitizenPuddi
02-26-2017, 10:35 PM
Or they did and didn't think people where going to cheese as much like I said the honorable should be rewarded did you even read my first post I'm not saying take anything out I'm saying reward the honorable, honor kills should be worth more and more rewarding if people gank cool but if it's down to the end of the match the finAL 1v4 and the 4 give the 1 a chance to come back they should have a separate honor system rank for brawl/death match that only goes up with honor kills because the rep system is basically just how long you've been that hero it has nothing to do with skill, a **** player will eventually rep up just by playing we need a rank syste based on skill, if you play the gank way you get matched up with gankers because your honor skill would be low ,if your honorable you get matched with higher lvl honor rank..so you can still play like a ***** it wouldn't even effect u

it might effectively divide the playerbase, so it might absolutely have an effect on my matchmaking wait times

on top of that, you're just making this suggestion to validate your personal way of playing-- a way that has already been noted as "perhaps the wrong way to play" basically asking the devs to add even more to their plate

its all kinda silly and selfish

slim147
02-26-2017, 10:36 PM
Why is it called Legend of Zelda? If Zelda is barely around?
Why is it called Metal Gear? If they barely show up?
Why is it called Halo? If the Halo rings have lost impact on the story?
Why is it called Resident Evil? If it makes no relation with either zombies, bio weapons etc?

it's just a name.
Also. Please take a number Ubisoft is currently handling all the complaints with same relevance of you issues.

Lol the legend of zelda is always abut saving zelda it's her legend her story of how she was saved

It's called metal gear solid and solid snake is in like all of them

Resident evil is called biohazard in Japan the translators named it resident evil ...res7 fix this problem by being a prequal naming it biohazard 7 resident evil in japan and in America resident evil 7 bio hazard

Halo 1- was entirely based on the halo rings until the new company got it

The title always mean something, all your points are invalid

CitizenPuddi
02-26-2017, 10:39 PM

i like the part where you say "cheesing the environment" without acknowledging how important positioning is while claiming that people that don't play your way are less skilled.

on top of that, expecting actual team play with a bunch of randos... just dont, you should know better

the real team skill in this game shines when it's an arranged 4v4

CitizenPuddi
02-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Lol the legend of zelda is always abut saving zelda it's her legend her story of how she was saved

It's called metal gear solid and solid snake is in like all of them

Resident evil is called biohazard in Japan the translators named it resident evil ...res7 fix this problem by being a prequal naming it biohazard 7 resident evil in japan and in America resident evil 7 bio hazard

Halo 1- was entirely based on the halo rings until the new company got it

The title always mean something, all your points are invalid

the three factions in for honor all followed codes of honor before the cataclysm

there we go, found the connection

mystery solved

slim147
02-26-2017, 10:46 PM
it might effectively divide the playerbase, so it might absolutely have an effect on my matchmaking wait times

on top of that, you're just making this suggestion to validate your personal way of playing-- a way that has already been noted as "perhaps the wrong way to play" basically asking the devs to add even more to their plate

its all kinda silly and selfish

How is it the wrong way to play are you even reading my post I'm not saying to take anything out and a rank sysystem many games have changed the way ranking work''s

So what if your wait time is long matchmaking already sucks... I'll get put on a team of lvl 11 against a full team of rep 5's those lvl 11's don't stand a chance ...games would be more balanced if that rank system and it wouldnt even effect you youd get matched up with people who play like you do...there's two types of players in this game and its the honorable and the unhonorable they should be matched with each other a new rank system could do that so it would validate everyone's playstyle

Exaffect
02-26-2017, 10:50 PM
i like the part where you say "cheesing the environment" without acknowledging how important positioning is while claiming that people that don't play your way are less skilled.

on top of that, expecting actual team play with a bunch of randos...just dont

the real team skill in this game shines when it's an arranged 4v4

Everybody continues to miss the point. Team play would be encouraged if the game promoted it with mechanics or whatever else.

And yes, when players specifically gear for throw distance and simply throw people around 20 feet it becomes cheese. 1v1, oh boy here comes a lawbringer or raider throwing me half way across the battle field into a pit, spikes, fire, and the many things surrounding us.

forrest0755
02-26-2017, 10:51 PM
The fact you want a reward for being honorable, means you lack honor. Someone truly honorable would be honorable without reward. Also game isn't about honor. got do advanced training and you will learn how to fight when being ganged up on . The Warden had honor in the campaign, sure, but you forget about the Viking storyline. The first boss, flees, which would be considered dishonorable. The final boss, does the trick where he has 3 people gang up[ on you, considered dishonorbale. Most of the enemies, will gang up on you. There are some bosses that are honorable duels, but the other enmies will all attack in groups. The Raider sneaks up on the rival Viking clans. The Warlord sneaks up on the Blackstone Knights. The Peacekeep sneaks up on the Vikings to take out their fort and clear a path. All of that is dishnorable. The Raider openly taunts his enemies, considered dishonorable. The orochi was imprisoned for speaking out against his emperor, consiodered dishonorable. The Blackstones attack a storage village, that isnt even part of the war, dishonorable. You take the word Honor way too seriously in the title.

Oh, and the way you act, insulting others, calling them clowns with no skill, is extremely dishonorable behavior, further proving my theory that you lack honor.

slim147
02-26-2017, 10:59 PM
the three factions in for honor all followed codes of honor before the cataclysm

there we go, found the connection

mystery solved

The games about how the warden is in apollyons position now and had the 3 hero's at the end telling the story of there people which all involved honor

The warden was seeing how everything was being set up and his honor and respect for all warriors lead him to revolt agains her

The vikings the other clans were hording food and supplies which was unhonorable and Instead of killing the unhonorable viking soldiers they recruited them

Samurai's was about how orochi's honor for his land even after they locked him up in prison wasn't effected he wanted to protect his land at all cost he was even going to let tell other orochi kill him after he won the fight because he belived the other orochi could do more for his land then maybe he could do

The whole thing is about honor before and after the only one with no honor was appolyon.... so your point is also invaild

CitizenPuddi
02-26-2017, 11:01 PM
How is it the wrong way to play are you even reading my post I'm not saying to take anything out and a rank sysystem many games have changed the way ranking work''s

So what if your wait time is long matchmaking already sucks... I'll get put on a team of lvl 11 against a full team of rep 5's those lvl 11's don't stand a chance ...games would be more balanced if that rank system and it wouldnt even effect you youd get matched up with people who play like you do...there's two types of players in this game and its the honorable and the unhonorable they should be matched with each other a new rank system could do that so it would validate everyone's playstyle

exactly

the matchmaking is blows *** as it is

having it suck twice as much would definitely be a detriment to the game no matter how you play

i agree that a ranking system of some sort needs to be added, chiefly for more competitive play-- but balancing it around "honor" isn't going to be the way to do it

the two types of players could be better characterized as "those that gimp themselves with made-up rules and then complain when others don't fall in line" and "those that just play the damn game"

slim147
02-26-2017, 11:03 PM
The fact you want a reward for being honorable, means you lack honor. Someone truly honorable would be honorable without reward. Also game isn't about honor. got do advanced training and you will learn how to fight when being ganged up on . The Warden had honor in the campaign, sure, but you forget about the Viking storyline. The first boss, flees, which would be considered dishonorable. The final boss, does the trick where he has 3 people gang up[ on you, considered dishonorbale. Most of the enemies, will gang up on you. There are some bosses that are honorable duels, but the other enmies will all attack in groups. The Raider sneaks up on the rival Viking clans. The Warlord sneaks up on the Blackstone Knights. The Peacekeep sneaks up on the Vikings to take out their fort and clear a path. All of that is dishnorable. The Raider openly taunts his enemies, considered dishonorable. The orochi was imprisoned for speaking out against his emperor, consiodered dishonorable. The Blackstones attack a storage village, that isnt even part of the war, dishonorable. You take the word Honor way too seriously in the title.

Oh, and the way you act, insulting others, calling them clowns with no skill, is extremely dishonorable behavior, further proving my theory that you lack honor.

Honor definition is high respect...I don't respect them

Maybe people don't respect others in the game and I said reward or rank based on it honor kills I can care less aboUT getting gear give me a rank based on my honor kills and match me up with similar people

CitizenPuddi
02-26-2017, 11:05 PM
The games about how the warden is in apollyons position now and had the 3 hero's at the end telling the story of there people which all involved honor

The warden was seeing how everything was being set up and his honor and respect for all warriors lead him to revolt agains her

The vikings the other clans were hording food and supplies which was unhonorable and Instead of killing the unhonorable viking soldiers they recruited them

Samurai's was about how orochi's honor for his land even after they locked him up in prison wasn't effected he wanted to protect his land at all cost he was even going to let tell other orochi kill him after he won the fight because he belived the other orochi could do more for his land then maybe he could do

The whole thing is about honor before and after the only one with no honor was appolyon.... so your point is also invaild

telling me that my point is invalid doesn't make my point invalid

that's the single-player campaign

we're talking about changes for multiplayer

the multiplayer in a lot of games tend to not mesh very well with the title or the sp campaign at all

so i guess its your point that's invalid?

Mathonn
02-26-2017, 11:06 PM
i am honestly getting sick of the ignorant nonsense surrounding the title of the game. The title may well be the biggest problem I have with the game because of toxic behaviors stemming from people who have an exceedingly narrow view of the term honor.

"I ran alone headfirst into your army so you teamed up, you're dishonorable."

"I backed myself up against a cliff so you could not use certain attacks, but you did and I fell in, you're dishonorable."

"You couldn't get past me spamming moves, or constantly defending so your teammate stabbed me, you're dishonorable."

"I joined a team game mode and the players on my team suck so it's unfair that you guys are working together, you're dishonorable."

They are not actually dishonorable.

"I cheated, or quit because you were going to beat me, I'm dishonorable."

He is actually dishonorable.

Exaffect
02-26-2017, 11:11 PM
From what I encountered, unskilled player hide behind 1vs1 and call other honorless, if they have to fight 2vs1, even though, they started it in brawl.

You zergers say the dumbest stuff. Duelers hide behind 1v1 and are unskilled players. Duur.

slim147
02-26-2017, 11:12 PM
exactly

the matchmaking is slow and sucks as it is

having it suck twice as much would definitely be a detriment to the game no matter how you play

i agree that a ranking system of some sort needs to be added, chiefly for more competitive play-- but balancing it around "honor" isn't going to be the way to do it

the two types of players could be better characterized as "those that gimp themselves with made-up rules and then complain when others don't fall in line" and "those that just play the damn game"

I just can't gang up on a lvl 13 man its just sad he's lvl 13 what's he going to do against rep 6 108 gear ..and since you pick your hero after you join, a normal rank system would still match against gankers, where if you have a high honor kill rank of some sort and want to try a new character you can still jump into a game against real people and push your limits and not worry about getting gang, 1v1 is slow and after you kill someone the next round starts so you're not really pushing yourself especially against bots, bots aren't that good or just in God mode where it gets repetitive parry attack parry attack

forrest0755
02-26-2017, 11:14 PM
You don't have to respect them, but insulting them is dishonorable. And if you are so much better than them, why cant you handle being ganged up on?

CitizenPuddi
02-26-2017, 11:17 PM
I just can't gang up on a lvl 13 man its just sad he's lvl 13 what's he going to do against rep 6 108 gear ..and since you pick your hero after you join, a normal rank system would still match against gankers, where if you have a high honor kill rank of some sort and want to try a new character you can still jump into a game against real people and push your limits and not worry about getting gang, 1v1 is slow and after you kill someone the next round starts so you're not really pushing yourself especially against bots, bots aren't that good or just in God mode where it gets repetitive parry attack parry attack

people do it routinely and manage to maintain positive KDA and winrates

im sorry you cant do it, but that doesn't mean you should advocate a system that would divide the playerbase and gimp matchmaking even worse than it already is

allowing us to pick a hero before queuing up, however

yes. that's a change myself and a im sure lot of other people would love to see

forrest0755
02-26-2017, 11:22 PM
People need to learn that 4v4 modes are not about 1 v1. It is about team play. If you are dumb, and go off by yourself in dominion, then you deserve to be ganged up on. If we are trying to capture a zone, I dont have time to just sit there and wait for you to try to win a duel before we can capture a zone. Its about capturing the zones quickly, and holding them to gain points. Points dont go up while the zone is contrested, so you are literally hurting your team if you just want to 1v1 duel and take longer to capture the zone. If the other team is travelling in a pack of 4, while then they are didots because they can only hold 1 zone at a time like that, so just go to the zones they arent at. You will always hold at least 2 zones if you are smart enough to just keep them distratced in 1 zone, while someone else holds the other zones. $v4 is abouts tactical play more than skilled play. If you dont have the mind for tactics, then stick to your skill based duels, unless you will then whine because you had your back to a high ledge and got shoved off. These, "honorable," or "Skilled," players, often have no clue how to use tactics yo win. My thumb dexterity isnt great, so I will never be the most skilled player. But i can use tactics to win a duel. I can use tactic to win in Dominion. Domionion is war, and war is more about smart tactical planning, than it is about skill.

Exaffect
02-26-2017, 11:25 PM
People need to learn that 4v4 modes are not about 1 v1. It is about team play. If you are dumb, and go off by yourself in dominion, then you deserve to be ganged up on. If we are trying to capture a zone, I dont have time to just sit there and wait for you to try to win a duel before we can capture a zone. Its about capturing the zones quickly, and holding them to gain points. Points dont go up while the zone is contrested, so you are literally hurting your team if you just want to 1v1 duel and take longer to capture the zone. If the other team is travelling in a pack of 4, while then they are didots because they can only hold 1 zone at a time like that, so just go to the zones they arent at. You will always hold at least 2 zones if you are smart enough to just keep them distratced in 1 zone, while someone else holds the other zones. $v4 is abouts tactical play more than skilled play. If you dont have the mind for tactics, then stick to your skill based duels, unless you will then whine because you had your back to a high ledge and got shoved off. These, "honorable," or "Skilled," players, often have no clue how to use tactics yo win. My thumb dexterity isnt great, so I will never be the most skilled player. But i can use tactics to win a duel. I can use tactic to win in Dominion. Domionion is war, and war is more about smart tactical planning, than it is about skill.

4v4 does not promote team play. Again, people missing the point. Team play isn't running around like gulls crying, "mine, mine, mine, mine".

CitizenPuddi
02-26-2017, 11:26 PM
4v4 does not promote team play. Again, people missing the point. Team play isn't running around like gulls crying, "mine, mine, mine, mine".

im sorry you keep getting stuck with crap teammates

slim147
02-26-2017, 11:27 PM
i am honestly getting sick of the ignorant nonsense surrounding the title of the game. The title may well be the biggest problem I have with the game because of toxic behaviors stemming from people who have an exceedingly narrow view of the term honor.

"I backed myself up against a cliff so you could not use certain attacks, but you did and I fell in, you're dishonorable."

"You couldn't get past me spamming moves, or constantly defending so your teammate stabbed me, you're dishonorable."

"I joined a team game mode and the players on my team suck so it's unfair that you guys are working together, you're dishonorable."

He is actually dishonorable.

Everything you jut said I agree with except the title thing

People who run into 4 guys and try to fight them is stupid ,it's when a good fair fights going on and someone out of nowhere hits u in the back and ko you ,it's like let them fight chances are there going to be almost dead anyway then finish them off it

I have no problem with environmental kills I just wish it was more spiked wall and less height drops

Spam (other then gb )is the easiest thing to block most people use the same rinse wash repeat cycle I'd actually rather fight a spammer then someone who know how to fight

This suck's but is a matchmaking problem has nothing to do with honor only if you're ganking

Quiting because you're losing and cheating if it's like real cheating like a lagswitch or whatever people say nowadays is very unhonorable I don't know what point your trying to make with this one

SiewcaRaka
02-26-2017, 11:28 PM

1v1 during 4v4 is the same thing "crying, "mine, mine, mine, mine" " So...sorry to break your bubble special snowflake, you are no different:)

forrest0755
02-26-2017, 11:28 PM

You are missing the point as well. I am not saying ti always happens. Yes, very often playing with random people devolves into chaos. But if you actually play with a group, and have chat open, then teamplay works really well. It is the way it is supposed to be played. It isnt supposed to be people having a ****waving contest, and just dueling 1v1. That makes no sense for the mode. The occasional 1v1 will happen, but its more about tactics. Even if my team is incompetent, I still try to play with tacits in mind. Im not just running around looking for good duels.

forrest0755
02-26-2017, 11:30 PM
Letting a teammate die, abandoning a teammate, these are things that are dishonorable.

Exaffect
02-26-2017, 11:34 PM
You are missing the point as well. I am not saying ti always happens. Yes, very often playing with random people devolves into chaos. But if you actually play with a group, and have chat open, then teamplay works really well. It is the way it is supposed to be played. It isnt supposed to be people having a ****waving contest, and just dueling 1v1. That makes no sense for the mode. The occasional 1v1 will happen, but its more about tactics. Even if my team is incompetent, I still try to play with tacits in mind. Im not just running around looking for good duels.

The game needs a system that encourages random players. Every game does. Every game is better with a full group but most players queue in singles or duos.

Penalties for hitting teammates, ec

forrest0755
02-26-2017, 11:39 PM
They sort of have a penalty for hitting teammates,but they are only penalties if you are a good teammate who wants to win. I will take extra effort not to hit a teammate because I know it will break their combo, and make it harder for us to quickly kill this enemy, and win. But if you dont care, and just want to rack up kills, you wont care about that. Id be all for a incentive to make people play as better teammates, I just dont know how that would work.

slim147
02-26-2017, 11:39 PM

Youre right in dominion you should kill them like if there in the objective....but if u would have actually have read my post you would have seen that I had typed brawl/deathmatch objective game mode is all about getting objectives not about just killing your opponent...my whole point is if you're good prove it beat me 1v1 then the rest of my team 1v1 and you'll be a boss that's skill and some people out there have actually done it

A rep 3 warlord in elimination beasted thru me and and my team 1v1 he threw 1 of us off the map and ko'd the rest to this day I have yet to a better warlord..it was the best match I've ever seen ended 2 to 3 they won and i havent played a match that fun since

Mathonn
02-26-2017, 11:40 PM
The point is that there are things that fall under the societal concepts of honor, cheating and quitting fall into that category, everything else I noted (a solid collection of the accusations and shaming a that show up daily on the forums) do not fall into that category. The shaming and accusations themselves, are more dishonorable behaviors than teaming up or environmental killing.

As for the title, it is being used to justify behaviors that are appalling because people latch on to a definition of the word without an understanding of the concept.

This reward system you suggest does nothing more than further poison this community, and the games title does not justify that.

SiewcaRaka
02-26-2017, 11:45 PM
The point is that there are things that fall under the societal concepts of honor, cheating and quitting fall into that category, everything else I noted (a solid collection of the accusations and shaming a that show up daily on the forums) do not fall into that category. The shaming and accusations themselves, are more dishonorable behaviors than teaming up or environmental killing.

As for the title, it is being used to justify behaviors that are appalling because people latch on to a definition of the word without an understanding of the concept.

This reward system you suggest does nothing more than further poison this community, and the games title does not justify that.

I just thought that this idea will probably be introduced with ranks. You know...those that win aquire honor and those that can't adapt and lose all the time cause of "DISHONOURABLE BEHAVIOUR"(aka their lack of skill to play as team and defend against 2 people:P) won't aquire honor. So there will be division for those that can aquire it and those that lack skills to do so:D

slim147
02-26-2017, 11:54 PM

Explain how it would be poison to the game because it wouldn't it would make the game more fun for everyone ,how would it effect you negatively?

Sirrkas
02-26-2017, 11:54 PM
You zergers say the dumbest stuff. Duelers hide behind 1v1 and are unskilled players. Duur.

I usually watch the duels in brawl (if the others do so). It is not my fault, that the other side starts to gang up and then complains about being ganged up.

Also, I would consider it a skill, to make tactical decisions. If your whole team is made of duelists and 3 of you wait on point A to fight our best duelist, well, we are going to win the dominion match, because 2 of you are occupied watching the third one getting killed.

Just imagine, if a moba, like LoL would have two different matchmakings, like suggested here. One, in wich the players are not allowed to leave their lane the whole game and without junglers and one matchmaking, that is like it is now.

Sure, the guys in the first matchmaking in the topranking are probably good at laning and facing opponents. But they will get slaughtered by a team of equal placement of the other matchmakingqueue.

Sirrkas
02-26-2017, 11:58 PM
Spam (other then gb )is the easiest thing to block most people use the same rinse wash repeat cycle I'd actually rather fight a spammer then someone who know how to fight

GB spammers are even easier to deal with. Just press light attack every second, they will meet certain doom. I had a fight last week, where I litterally just did that, to win one of my 1v1 fights. The guy simply kept trying to gb me, because there was a cliff close to us.

Sirrkas
02-27-2017, 12:02 AM
Explain how it would be poison to the game because it wouldn't it would make the game more fun for everyone ,how would it effect you negatively?

Probably by trying to turn all gamemodes into more duelmaps. That sounds pretty bad for someone, that does not want to play only duel.

Mathonn
02-27-2017, 12:04 AM

You're crying for the segregation of the player base based on your personal, and misguided, interpretation of the title of the game, that would require, in essence, creating a list of "dishonorable players" as you define them, and you don't see how that poisons the community?

People are going around trying to publicly shame other players because they got killed by a team of players in a team game and you want them to justify the shaming. If you don't see where the problem is... I can't make it any clearer.

slim147
02-27-2017, 12:18 AM
I just thought that this idea will probably be introduced with ranks. You know...those that win aquire honor and those that can't adapt and lose all the time cause of "DISHONOURABLE BEHAVIOUR"(aka their lack of skill to play as team and defend against 2 people:P) won't aquire honor. So there will be division for those that can aquire it and those that lack skills to do so:D

What you're saying is it takes skill to block until you get revenge and then kill them anyone can do this which is not really a skill and the good players don't spam attack to try and prevent the revenge from happening they gb instead you act like I complain because I can't win that's not the case my overall KDA is 2.00 and my win loss ratio is 72.23% Im not bad at the game

I want to play good people who understand how to play ,a fight1v1 can prevent revenge if they don't have revenge gained by injury
so if you're good you know that a skilled player is sometimes not worth the 2v1 gank if they get revenge and 1 hit half your health and your teammate's whose ganking with you ,you're both dead already ,you're better of trying to 1v1 the better players and learn there moves and get better at playing that hero it's mainly the people who just spam attack and try to gank and their reason for doing it is pointless they just do it to do it I can't tell you how many low lvls try ganking and all of them die against a rep 4 or higher again you'll notice the better players waiting for there chance to strike not just mashing attack attack attack letting them gain revenge on them it's foolish to gank someone, the strategy is unhonorable if you do it to a lvl 1 and stupid to do it to a rep4 , again I want to matched up with people who understand this and understand how to approach the enemy team not just run in trying to gank every enemy

slim147
02-27-2017, 12:28 AM
You're crying for the segregation of the player base based on your personal, and misguided, interpretation of the title of the game, that would require, in essence, creating a list of "dishonorable players" as you define them, and you don't see how that poisons the community?

People are going around trying to publicly shame other players because they got killed by a team of players in a team game and you want them to justify the shaming. If you don't see where the problem is... I can't make it any clearer.
Lol it would be a rank it wouldn't be like u have a honorable rank and a dishonorable rank no its one rank you don't do honor kill you don't get honor rank....simple you still get rep and all that stuff you just will be place with people of your rank rep 5 honor rank 2 won't be playing rep5 honor rank 10 youll stay with all the people whow belive what you belive itd solve all the problem's most people are made when theyre lvl12 hero goes against a rep 5 it's mainly because of gear score plus getting ganked they get mad then leave the game crashes to the main menu then people are complain about p2p it would fix all that

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 12:32 AM
What you're saying is it takes skill to block until you get revenge and then kill them anyone can do this which is not really a skill and the good players don't spam attack to try and prevent the revenge from happening they gb instead you act like I complain because I can't win that's not the case my overall KDA is 2.00 and my win loss ratio is 72.23% Im not bad at the game

I want to play good people who understand how to play ,a fight1v1 can prevent revenge if they don't have revenge gained by injury
so if you're good you know that a skilled player is sometimes not worth the 2v1 gank if they get revenge and 1 hit half your health and your teammate's whose ganking with you ,you're both dead already ,you're better of trying to 1v1 the better players and learn there moves and get better at playing that hero it's mainly the people who just spam attack and try to gank and their reason for doing it is pointless they just do it to do it I can't tell you how many low lvls try ganking and all of them die against a rep 4 or higher again you'll notice the better players waiting for there chance to strike not just mashing attack attack attack letting them gain revenge on them it's foolish to gank someone, the strategy is unhonorable if you do it to a lvl 1 and stupid to do it to a rep4 , again I want to matched up with people who understand this and understand how to approach the enemy team not just run in trying to gank every enemy

Lol, git gud mate. Yea revange helps but you can do it without it. Good changing of lock on good attacks and you won. You want to play good people? You will never find them, cause the good ones know that you do what you can to grab victory. So 1) learn how to play 2) stop messing in other people play style 3) quit game. Chose one, either will work.

slim147
02-27-2017, 12:37 AM
Probably by trying to turn all gamemodes into more duelmaps. That sounds pretty bad for someone, that does not want to play only duel.

GB spammers are even easier to deal with. Just press light attack every second, they will meet certain doom. I had a fight last week, where I litterally just did that, to win one of my 1v1 fights. The guy simply kept trying to gb me, because there was a cliff close to us.

Duel is 1v1 that's.......this is proving you're better then 4 different people back to back....is it fun to you just randomly attacking player after player with zero or little skill involved I'm mean really it's just 3 people mashing rb and rt against a person like no matter your skill level you can do this, it being your first day playing or if you've played since day........

And spamming light attacks does work really well Ive had to do that to gb spam also , they need to fix the gb interupting

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 12:40 AM
Duel is 1v1 that's.......this is proving you're better then 4 different people back to back....is it fun to you just randomly attacking player after player with zero or little skill involved I'm mean really it's just 3 people mashing rb and rt against a person like no matter your skill level you can do this, it being your first day playing or if you've played since day........

And spamming light attacks does work really well Ive had to do that to gb spam also , they need to fix the gb interupting

CGB still works, just timing is different. Learn how to use it.
Spam can be interrupted.
Want 1v1? Thankfully there is mode just for that. Go and stay there until you learn how to play as a team, or stop crying about other people play style.

slim147
02-27-2017, 12:52 AM
Lol so I take it youre a good player then what your overall win loss ratio ,if winning is what you consider SKILL then lol you need to git good and learn how to be better then the individual and not rely on your team yeah you won the match but all your kills have no merit behind them and 80% you know the enemy is better then you and instead of trying to get better you run with your tail between your leg then come back with friend's...in real life if you and 3 friend beat the **** out of one person your not a better fighter then them, you most likely where scared of them and neeed help to win lol same thing In this game

Sirrkas
02-27-2017, 12:55 AM

Why it is so hard for you to cgb? Or are you talking about the short moment, where you counter a gb and are able to being hit by other guys?

Arekonator
02-27-2017, 12:58 AM
OP, just the way you are assuming moral high ground aganist player you (wrongfully) deem "dishonorable" because they dont play the game the "right" way should make it obvious how poisonous it is for the community, The system you proposing justifies this kind of behaviour. While matchmaking definitelly needs work, system that would made waiting time even worse and in return only serves as enabler for this "holier than thou" *****ish behaviour you and some others demonstrated in this thread simply isnt way to do it.

slim147
02-27-2017, 12:58 AM
CGB still works, just timing is different. Learn how to use it.
Spam can be interrupted.
Want 1v1? Thankfully there is mode just for that. Go and stay there until you learn how to play as a team, or stop crying about other people play style.

I'll tell u the same thing if you jump someone in real life are you a better fight then them no ..ganking a lvl 13 isn't a skill I'll stop crying as soon as unskillful player quit claiming they are good which by the sound of it isn't any time to soon since everyone seems to consider ganking to be the only way to play as a team which it's not woring as a team is woring together 90% of the time skirmish is people running around not communicating just trying to get kills and you act like that's playing as a team your a clown kid

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 01:06 AM
I'll tell u the same thing if you jump someone in real life are you a better fight then them no ..ganking a lvl 13 isn't a skill I'll stop crying as soon as unskillful player quit claiming they are good which by the sound of it isn't any time to soon since everyone seems to consider ganking to be the only way to play as a team which it's not woring as a team is woring together 90% of the time skirmish is people running around not communicating just trying to get kills and you act like that's playing as a team your a clown kid

If someone in real word would attack me, I would always mind my position, surroundings and expect secondary attacker. Also I would fight dirty cause I practice Martial Arts that don't follow any useless rules, unlike Combat sports:)

Ganking is efficient. Deal with it.

Sirrkas
02-27-2017, 01:07 AM

I think you should take a look at this video. Before you accuse others of not having skill, because they fight in a group:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQQ-cUgJWds

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 01:16 AM
I think you should take a look at this video. Before you accuse others of not having skill, because they fight in a group:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQQ-cUgJWds

Really intresting video!

slim147
02-27-2017, 01:16 AM
[

OP, just the way you are assuming moral high ground aganist player you (wrongfully) deem "dishonorable" because they dont play the game the "right" way should make it obvious how poisonous it is for the community, The system you proposing justifies this kind of behaviour. While matchmaking definitelly needs work, system that would made waiting time even worse and in return only serves as enabler for this "holier than thou" *****ish behaviour you and some others demonstrated in this thread simply isnt way to do it.
Lol to you too if you think ganging up on someone deserve respect ur funny and honor is a simple thing it's respect to the other player a chance e to prove theit skill
And it is unhonorable to gank it just is its not like I'm just saying it its is no one who ganks gets respect therefore it's unhonorable I'm not saying I'm holier then anyone, I'm saying gankers need to stop acting good at the game and put a rank based on your ability to beat an opponent and how many you beat head to head ..they added honor kills for a reason you get more point stowards feats because it's harder to beat someone 1v1 the 3v1..instead those points need to go towards a rank so you can be matched up against people of similar skill....rep's mean nothing in this game and there's no rank at all to match you against players of your skill lvl you probably rely on ganking lvl10s to win that's fine you can still do this us players with actual skill can play with each other

ganking isn't skill or a playstyle or anything it doesn't mean you're good in anyway and everyone who think it's a skill will never get any better at the game the justification people try to use for ganking is a joke and literally takes zero skill to do so I lvl10 can do it just as good as a rep10 therefore = no skill

Arekonator
02-27-2017, 01:18 AM

Projection is a terrible thing. No one said ganking is the only possible way, except you. You are also assuming that just because some people accept that in 4v4 mode they might face multiple opponents at once, instead of making whiny thread at forum and wanting to enforce duels into 4v4 that they are unskilled. That people lack skill and "honour" because they actually play game to win. Sure, sometimes it gets frustrating to fight 1v3 constantly but thats what you should expect when you log into 4v4, and if you dont, its your own fault. Man the F* up!

slim147
02-27-2017, 01:29 AM
Really intresting video!

It was ...and suports a comment I made earlier about why 80% it's stupid to gank a high rep hero and let them get revenge the problem is no one gank's for reason or at the right time for ganking they just mindlessly do it every game no strategy just attack till I die or they die they don't play anything out they just run like chickens with no heads if you try fighting someone and you can't win then u gank OK sure they're better then you and u gave it ur all but accept it has you not having the skill to win and too scared to try again don't come back with 3 friend's then say I suck at the game because it took 4 of them to kill me...and the video was more about winning a war If the 12 kill the 3 in the video then claim they where better swordsmen it'd be like this game but they don't they know the enemy is better so they use those tactics they don't claim to be better sswordsmen after

Arekonator
02-27-2017, 01:29 AM
[

Lol to you too if you think ganging up on someone deserve respect ur funny and honor is a simple thing it's respect to the other player a chance e to prove theit skill
And it is unhonorable to gank it just is its not like I'm just saying it its is no one who ganks gets respect therefore it's unhonorable I'm not saying I'm holier then anyone, I'm saying gankers need to stop acting good at the game and put a rank based on your ability to beat an opponent and how many you beat head to head ..they added honor kills for a reason you get more point stowards feats because it's harder to beat someone 1v1 the 3v1..instead those points need to go towards a rank so you can be matched up against people of similar skill....rep's mean nothing in this game and there's no rank at all to match you against players of your skill lvl you probably rely on ganking lvl10s to win that's fine you can still do this us players with actual skill can play with each other

ganking isn't skill or a playstyle or anything it doesn't mean you're good in anyway and everyone who think it's a skill will never get any better at the game the justification people try to use for ganking is a joke and literally takes zero skill to do so I lvl10 can do it just as good as a rep10 therefore = no skill

On the contrary, i consider sucesfull faceoff aganist multiple oponents one of the most skillfull thing you canpull off and also one of the most satysfying.
You are not claiming to be holier than anyone and right after that you say i am unskilled, while you on the other hand posess true and actual skill. You also seem to confuse "skill" with "honor" an awfull lot.

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 01:30 AM
It was ...and suports a comment I made earlier about why 80% it's stupid to gank a high rep hero and let them get revenge the problem is no one gank's for reason or at the right time for ganking they just mindlessly do it every game no strategy just attack till I die or they die they don't play anything out they just run like chickens with no heads if you try fighting someone and you can't win then u gank OK sure they're better then you and u gave it ur all but accept it has you not having the skill to win and too scared to try again don't come back with 3 friend's then say I suck at the game because it took 4 of them to kill me...and the video was more about winning a war If the 12 kill the 3 in the video then claim they where better swordsmen it'd be like this game but they don't they know the enemy is better so they use those tactics they don't claim to be better sswordsmen after

Have you watched this? You need to learn how to play as team.

Arekonator
02-27-2017, 01:34 AM
Have you watched this? You need to learn how to play as team.

Indeed, ganging up on someone without actually getting into each others way is a skill that isnt seen around very much.

slim147
02-27-2017, 01:49 AM
Projection is a terrible thing. No one said ganking is the only possible way, except you. You are also assuming that just because some people accept that in 4v4 mode they might face multiple opponents at once, instead of making whiny thread at forum and wanting to enforce duels into 4v4 that they are unskilled. That people lack skill and "honour" because they actually play game to win. Sure, sometimes it gets frustrating to fight 1v3 constantly but thats what you should expect when you log into 4v4, and if you dont, its your own fault. Man the F* up!

I never once said ganking is the only way to win actually my post is abuot people using other was to win and not ganking

I'm sayin add a ****ing rank based on some sort of skill I accept the 3v1 and can kill at least 2 of them 40%I want to play against skill, good people, ganking isn't a skill Ill say it again if a lvl 1 can gank just as well as a rep4 it's not a skill you're trying to act like it's a skill or it makes you good ganking isnt playing as a team...it's the same as corner camping in cod yeah sure you went 10 and 1 but u did it by playing like a ***** and its not a skill to wait for someone to run into a room and just switching corners

my kda is over 2.00 and my win ratio is 72.23% Im not bad at defending till revenge on a 4v1...I've seen 3 pieces of garbage all attacking a rep5 while he literally blocked every attack my team threw until he got revenge and he wiped them why did they do this they werent thinking they where mindless and think gang =win and it doesnt...it's smarter to fight 1v1 against high re's it prevents revenge and if you lose its one death not three..my problems no one thinks strategic in this game they just think killand they think ganking's the way to go a rank system would but the ones who understand when to 1v1 when to 4v1 because certain people might rely on recvenge and thrive when it's 3v1 and some hero's like shugoki u might need to gank I'm not saying take ganking out I'm saying rank people on there performance if all there kills are gank kills theyre just running in mindlessly attackin till someone dies then turn around and claim skill is ridiculous

Archo-Vax
02-27-2017, 01:49 AM
Mate- I GET where you're coming from, and I mostly agree with you... but it would behoove you to learn some fu|cking grammar.

slim147
02-27-2017, 02:00 AM
Mate- I GET where you're coming from, and I mostly agree with you... but it would behoove you to learn some fu|cking grammar.
It's my phone if I spell word and remove the D then add it back it acts like I spelling a new word and will and stuff to it like wordo

forrest0755
02-27-2017, 02:16 AM
I am not 100% pro gank. It is incredibly annoying when a teammate just charges in spamming attacks, hitting you instead, and breaking your combos. There are tactics to whether or not you should gang up. And tactics to how you should do it. One, if someone is on a narrow passageway, and you are both coming from the same side, don't both attack, cause you will just get into each other's way. I was on one of the narrow bridges in Cathedral I think it was., and had a guy in front of me and a teammate behind me, My teammate swings, hits me, which opens me up to have my guard broken, and I get tossed off the bridge. The people who just mindlessly gang up, and keep getting blocked, and let the other person build up revenge quickly, lack both skill and tactics. But there are people who know how and when to gang up. How to flank around the guy and get him while they try to attack the other teammate. How to assess whether or not they should gang up. Sometimes, it is best to let the person be distracted in a fight, while you go elsewhere. If my team is breaking, I will let myself get ganged up on, just stall, and let my team capture territories so we can rally. The other team is making a mistake in ganging up then when they should be focused on keeping us from rallying. It would have been best to trust in 1 person to kill me. There are a ton of tactics involved in the 4v4 modes. However sadly its hard to coordinate with your team if most don't talk. Which is why I prefer to play in a group, so we can all chat and coordinate. Thankfully, there are times where I am on a team random team that just seems to have an unspoken connection. I get sick of hearing duelists say others have no skill, when they end up lost in a 4v4, and just get infuriated when they are ganged up on. That video describes the situation perfectly.

slim147
02-27-2017, 02:42 AM
I am not 100% pro gank. It is incredibly annoying when a teammate just charges in spamming attacks, hitting you instead, and breaking your combos. There are tactics to whether or not you should gang up. And tactics to how you should do it. One, if someone is on a narrow passageway, and you are both coming from the same side, don't both attack, cause you will just get into each other's way. I was on one of the narrow bridges in Cathedral I think it was., and had a guy in front of me and a teammate behind me, My teammate swings, hits me, which opens me up to have my guard broken, and I get tossed off the bridge. The people who just mindlessly gang up, and keep getting blocked, and let the other person build up revenge quickly, lack both skill and tactics. But there are people who know how and when to gang up. How to flank around the guy and get him while they try to attack the other teammate. How to assess whether or not they should gang up. Sometimes, it is best to let the person be distracted in a fight, while you go elsewhere. If my team is breaking, I will let myself get ganged up on, just stall, and let my team capture territories so we can rally. The other team is making a mistake in ganging up then when they should be focused on keeping us from rallying. It would have been best to trust in 1 person to kill me. There are a ton of tactics involved in the 4v4 modes. However sadly its hard to coordinate with your team if most don't talk. Which is why I prefer to play in a group, so we can all chat and coordinate. Thankfully, there are times where I am on a team random team that just seems to have an unspoken connection. I get sick of hearing duelists say others have no skill, when they end up lost in a 4v4, and just get infuriated when they are ganged up on. That video describes the situation perfectly.

Youre right sometimes you have to gank and but most times you shouldnt, ganking should be the last resort and should start happening towards the end of the match it's sad when u play a round of elimination and round 1 a raider just turns and runs before he even knows if he can beat you or not to go get a couple hit's on a gank before you catch up to em people should want to prove they can beat someone without help it's satisfying when youre fighting a skilled opponent and win then instantly start fighting the next with half health going all out to get the victory and even if the second person kills you you feel good about how close you came to winning like you could have won

And how you brought up getting hit by teammates most people don't even consider when they hit u it chips your health it's like wtf I've been in 1 v1 and a teamates hits me more then the opponent lol I'd say at least 70%of players in skirmish mindlessly attack the same target with 80%of their attacks getting blocked causeing a revenge leading to there death we need a way to get some sort of matching based on something so everyone gets matched with similar skilled players

Mathonn
02-27-2017, 03:44 AM
The problem continues to be that people try to directly equate honor with respect, but they're different words for a reason (and you can check multiple dictionaries with multiple definitions in each just to get a small sampling), and then try to use the word to define a concept that is not static.

If you're playing by your code and that code says fight alone or you dishonor yourself, then you teaming up is dishonorable.

If my code doesn't require me to fight alone, then teaming up is not.

The whole point being that your code is not my code, which is not everybody else's code, so your judgement of what is or is not honorable is irrelevant. Personal values determine how you demonstrate and view honor, and while society generally affects what individuals value, and may uphold a general moral code, it does not define your personal code.

slim147
02-27-2017, 04:07 AM
The problem continues to be that people try to directly equate honor with respect, but they're different words for a reason (and you can check multiple dictionaries with multiple definitions in each just to get a small sampling), and then try to use the word to define a concept that is not static.

If you're playing by your code and that code says fight alone or you dishonor yourself, then you teaming up is dishonorable.

If my code doesn't require me to fight alone, then teaming up is not.

The whole point being that your code is not my code, which is not everybody else's code, so your judgement of what is or is not honorable is irrelevant. Personal values determine how you demonstrate and view honor, and while society generally affects what individuals value, and may uphold a general moral code, it does not define your personal code.

Honor is respect in every sense of the word
Here's the definition's for you

HONOR -noun
high respect; esteem.
"his portrait hangs in the place of honor"
synonyms: distinction, recognition, privilege, glory, kudos, cachet, prestige, merit, credit; More
a privilege.
"the great poet of whom it is my honor to speak tonight"
synonyms: privilege, pleasure, pride, joy; More

HONOR-verb
regard with great respect.
"Joyce has now learned to honor her father's memory"
synonyms: esteem, respect, admire, defer to, look up to; More
fulfill (an obligation) or keep (an agreement).
"make sure the franchisees honor the terms of the contract"
synonyms: fulfill, observe, keep, obey, heed, follow, carry out, discharge, implement, execute, effect;

Explain how honors different from respect then...their different words for a reason youre right, to have honor is to have high or great respect for something, you do it For Honor, For Respect

Mathonn
02-27-2017, 07:10 AM
I really do get tired of trying to explain this to people whose only retort is to google the word and grab at the first definition set that pops up, and then focus on the single definition that helps their case, particularly when it is a one word definition, and not the correct usage. Unfortunately for the English language as represented on the internet, most dictionaries are abridged so it benefits you to dig deeper into the definition of the word and find more complete definitions with examples that are accurate to the usage.

You're taking a simplistic definition and trying to pin it a complex concept. Try the Oxford English Dictionary and take a look at definition 2.

"Adherence to what is right or to a conventional standard of conduct."

That is relatively close to the concept of honor that most people using the game's name as an argument are actually using, and it is not the same as "respect" although respect certainly has possible inclusion as "what is right".

Being honorable is acting WITH honor, with adherence to, in effect, a code of conduct. The trouble being that, as I keep trying to point out, that code is not the same for everyone, outside the code of conduct we are obligated to follow by signing up for the game (or PSN, Live, etc.) Teaming up, using environment, back stabbing are all legitimate parts of gameplay and not subject to that code. It is thus a personal code that you are using to force a definition of what honor is on everyone else.

The standard reply of "it's for honor, not with honor" is more closely using definitions like 3.1

"A thing conferred as a distinction, especially an official award for bravery or achievement"

That "thing" being conferred could, like the first definition I used, include respect. The ability for respect to bridge that gap leads to the exclusion of those definitions from abridged dictionaries, but as you can clearly see it is far from a complete definition.

The phrase "For honor and glory" generally refers to those sorts of distinctions.

Does all of this make sense? By all means live by a code and revel in the +10 renown you get for "honorable kills", but it does not and should not elevate you to a point of moral high ground. And more to the point, you do a disservice to that code by trying to separate yourself from those that don't follow a similar code. Trying to maintain your own code in the face of those that don't hold the same values is, in theory, quite honorable.