PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Is Dead

Ordingandr
02-26-2017, 08:46 PM
It only took 1 week and the game is already dead, well done Ubisoft.
Armor/weapon rating is the most broken thing in the game, if you diddnt find a hero you like and played as them since day 1, you will have the worst online experience you can have. This game had huge potential but trust Ubi to **** it up, no wonder the last Ubi game ive bought was Chaos Theory, it really seems like they just dont care anymore.

Warp_11
02-26-2017, 08:52 PM
I don't want to be a white knight, but I heard Battlefield 4 had some really terrible server issue during first few weeks while having dedicated servers. Things will get better. I hope.

Zordrage
02-26-2017, 08:54 PM
I don't want to be a white knight, but I heard Battlefield 4 had some really terrible server issue during first few weeks while having dedicated servers. Things will get better. I hope.

its true the game was literaly unplayable also HUGE and i mean HUGE ammount of totaly broken stuff/bugs. Battlefield 4 launch was a total disaster.

Wateverdude
02-26-2017, 08:55 PM
Am I the one who can tolerate all the server issue, while running my new char against 108 Immortal LB and 20000km Warlord thrower.
Well it must be 60 bucks I pay them for me to be this tolerate

CitizenPuddi
02-26-2017, 08:58 PM
"im not having fun anymore this game is dead"

10/10

Aaro.Yggdrasil
02-26-2017, 08:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WNbtKK48g

Zordrage
02-26-2017, 09:00 PM
"im having fun anymore this game is dead"

10/10

0/10 from me because you missed a word and thx to that you ruined the "joke"

IGN would give 11/10 for it tough

CaptianBeetle
02-26-2017, 09:05 PM
Armor/weapon rating is the most broken thing in the game, if you diddnt find a hero you like and played as them since day 1, you will have the worst online experience you can have. This game had huge potential but trust Ubi to **** it up, no wonder the last Ubi game ive bought was Chaos Theory, it really seems like they just dont care anymore.

Wow. You must just be terrible at the game.
Gear score does not make that much of a difference if you know how to block/parry.
It'll only hurt when they hit you.
I've changed my characters up a few times, and neither them have that great of armor rating, and I still win most of my matches.
My only suggestion to improve your play would be to fight against the bots and really learn your combos and timings. This isn't a casual *** game once you start to level up. People actually want to play competitively .

Plus, most people at this time, have over 30 hours of (pvp) play time in the game. It realistically should only take about 20-25 hours to "git gud" at something. Any more time after that and you are just refining your skill. If you haven't hit that benchmark, then you should practice more. If you have hit that benchmark and are still upset about various reasons you may not be winning, none of which you might attribute to your own skill, then maybe you are just bad. -shrug-

Tl:dr -- Gear score/Hero Level has nothing to do with it. A level 1 can be a max gear player if they are good. And the game is not dying xD Kek.

Sipius
02-26-2017, 09:06 PM
play 1v1 and 2v2 until you farm a decent set, is what i do with new heores.

Jobsalot
02-26-2017, 09:08 PM
Aaand here we go again. Yes, yes, let's blame Ubisoft for everything now.

Of course the game has issues that desperately need to be fixed and there's plenty of topics on them. What you describe is more of a personal problem and I mean that literally, it is YOU.

If you play game modes where gear actually matters, you just gotta live with the fact - much like in any other team online game with several players - that ganking an one-sided situations occur. Gear or no gear, you are unlikely to stand up to three enemies at once, maybe not even two if they know what they are doing, even if they merely had basic gear and didn't go revenge mode after two or three hits on their guard or life.

That still leaves you with other options to play the game where actual skill matters. But oh wait, in the 1v1 / 2v2 matches you have the same folks who rather complain about the meta and imbalances and blame these for their losses. Tell you what, in duels these game-inherent imbalances are actually far less match-deciding that you'd actually think. Most of the time it is skill. A truly good player usually manages to work around these things, I have witnessed it often enough we me being at the losing end. Even when I was desperate and deployed inhonorable tactics. At the end of the day the guy who complains he gets repeatedly thrown or guardbreak-spammed doesn't have the ability to work around such a thing. Which means most of the time he or she is not nearly as good a player as s/he thinks.

And it is kind of the same with the conquest modes and deathmatch modes. Sure high gear levels can give you an edge. But most of the time it is just a matter of where and when. Even if everyone has the same gear levels and boni you will realize that at the end of the day you are going to lose to the better player in single combat or because of the unsided inherent nature of the playmode which simply allows stuff like ganking, throwing, ladder sliding, etc.

What people need to check mostly is their crybaby attitudes and learn to handle losses like grown-ups instead of throwing a tantrum until they get what they want severed on a silver platter or just rage-quit while spewing vitriol.

It is this attitude that has begun to seep into this game one week into post-release and it is truly this **** that's ruining the game. ****ing toxic players. I have henceforth disabled my chat because I can't look at this pitiful display anymore.

Don't come crying. Invest time in the training room to learn and study your character. Expose yourself to the sometimes overwhelming odds and bear your painful losses and learn from them by repeating the process and analyzing what you did and why it was not successful at the time - at least within certain boundaries. Imbalances DO exist after all.

But this is really the only way to get good and succeed and have lasting fun with this game.

m3gas_
02-26-2017, 09:27 PM
Sure the game is so dead that it's one of the most played full-price games at the moment and it's still in top 10 most watched games at Twitch...
I will discuss this for the last time today - the fact that some of you wanna play it like a typical fast paced hack-and-slash game, that you can just jump in and out of the 12 heroes and be good with them all, or that you memorize one or two combo moves and expect every fight to go well with them, does not in any way make the game "dead", "the worst" or "pay to win"!!
How come I can still manage to get wins in modes where gear is turned on and not to get stomped on in 1v1 phases?! Revenge gain you say? I agree if you don't know what to do vs revenge you're gonna have a bad time... But we all know this is going to be adressed and soon.
The part with the p2p bull**it I get and support but the fact the forum is full of raging persons that just didn't manage to get into the gameplay kinda makes me feel sad for this generation of complainers...

dts...
02-26-2017, 09:38 PM

Ooooh Battlefield 4 was a disaster. Good to know. Now i am totaly OK with this unfinished game.

Ohhhh a friedn just told me the release of the Burning Crusade was even worse... now i think battlefield 4 had a great launch.

Whoa whoa whoa wait... there was a bug in PacMan?

GreenRanger XI
02-26-2017, 10:02 PM
It's same as every other game. Play the best hero or you got no hope.

dragonfly7x
02-27-2017, 02:03 AM
[QUOTE=m3gas_;12376240]Sure the game is so dead that it's one of the most played full-price games at the moment and it's still in top 10 most watched games at Twitch...
I will discuss this for the last time today - the fact that some of you wanna play it like a typical fast paced hack-and-slash game, that you can just jump in and out of the 12 heroes and be good with them all, or that you memorize one or two combo moves and expect every fight to go well with them, does not in any way make the game "dead", "the worst" or "pay to win"!!
How come I can still manage to get wins in modes where gear is turned on and not to get stomped on in 1v1 phases?! Revenge gain you say? I agree if you don't know what to do vs revenge you're gonna have a bad time... But we all know this is going to be adressed and soon.
The part with the p2p bull**it I get and support but the fact the forum is full of raging persons that just didn't manage to get into the gameplay kinda makes me feel sad for this generation of complainers...[/QUOT------------ Memorizing moves is easy..This game is dead because it gives no incentive to keep going..your P2P is horrible ..lag almost every game if not kicked..then you lose all the progress 2 out of 3 games. Don't turn this bs around on us. Moves are the easy part,. I made prestige 10 today..the reward system is awful..The P2P is a complete nightmare! Dead Game!!! Wont last a Month with high numbers. Sad ..I like the game..but you ruined it with p2p. Error keeps popping up every time you turn around. We have every reason to complain. Greed ruined it. You didn't want to pay for dedicated servers but taking our money is really your priority. In the end..You lose. Ubisoft. I will never buy from you again..until you fix your own issues. You guys blame everyone else but your own stupidity.

dragonfly7x
02-27-2017, 02:10 AM
Memorizing moves is easy..This game is dead because it gives no incentive to keep going..your P2P is horrible ..lag almost every game if not kicked..then you lose all the progress 2 out of 3 games. Don't turn this bs around on us. Moves are the easy part,. I made prestige 10 today..the reward system is awful..The P2P is a complete nightmare! Dead Game!!! Sad ..I like the game..but you ruined it with p2p. Error keeps popping up every time you turn around. We have every reason to complain. In the end..You lose. Ubisoft. I will never buy from you again..until you fix your own issues. You guys blame everyone else but your own stupidity.

ButtR8peArtist
02-27-2017, 02:11 AM

BF4's launch compare to for honor felt like it's 12/10, issues were mainly client side, such as OS/browser/Origin Client etc, Once you game, half of the ppl with good rig/internet service didn't have a single problem, definitely won't drop 9/10 games in a day, lag spike, teleport and have friends dropped out in nearly every game.

If BF4 was considered a bad launch, then For Honor sets a new standard at an unreachable height

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 02:15 AM
It is not dead yet

https://youtu.be/wURUin2j8FU

zwaggs33
02-27-2017, 02:37 AM
OP doesn't like the game anymore so it's dead! It all hinged on Ordingandr.

Flippin_Finch
02-27-2017, 09:09 AM
BF4's launch compare to for honor felt like it's 12/10, issues were mainly client side, such as OS/browser/Origin Client etc, Once you game, half of the ppl with good rig/internet service didn't have a single problem, definitely won't drop 9/10 games in a day, lag spike, teleport and have friends dropped out in nearly every game.

If BF4 was considered a bad launch, then For Honor sets a new standard at an unreachable height

I dont think You understand that all that P2p and connectivity problems are even a thing for less than 20% of the playerbase.

I dont have ANY of those problems. NONE of my opponents have those.

I dont say they doesnt exist, but implying than more than 50% community have such problem is simply a lie.

For Honor is just doing fine, needs some improvments and fixes, but is still best game of the last few years imo.

m3gas_
02-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Well one thing is for sure - I will never buy an Ubisoft game again if it uses the same P2P, no matter how much I may like the game...
Other than that For Honor is not only not dying, I'm pretty sure it will get stable player numbers in the months to come.

BlackbirdMPK
02-28-2017, 01:03 AM

Um... git gud?

I beat a rank 9 PK with 108 armor score yesterday with my Level 12 8 armor score Berserker. Gear doesn't matter. Skill does.

dragonfly7x
03-01-2017, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=dragonfly7x;12377413]Memorizing moves is easy..This game is dead because it gives no incentive to keep going..your P2P is horrible ..lag almost every game if not kicked..then you lose all the progress 2 out of 3 games. Don't turn this bs around on us. Moves are the easy part,. I made prestige 10 today..the reward system is awful..The P2P is a complete nightmare! Dead Game!!! Sad ..I like the game..but you ruined it with p2p. Error pops like popcorn every time you turn around. We have every reason to complain. In the end..You lose. Ubisoft. I will never buy from you again..until you fix your own issues. You guys blame everyone else but your own stupidity. While it is a great concept ..horribly bad system. Running on bad gas and you're driving a Ferrari. Ignorant dumb platform. And they pay you guys to be this stupid? None of you will keep your Jobs because you're too damn greedy to do it the right way! Ubisoft ..your all a bunch of half baked game makers ripping the public off with great moves, good looks and a system crash every damn time you turn around. Ripoff; Future games can be comfortably shoved up your derriere. You wont be getting my money. Lesson learned.

BULLYHUNTER6
04-01-2017, 06:38 PM
play 1v1 and 2v2 until you farm a decent set, is what i do with new heores.
Well thats impossible now because of 1v1 and 2v2 is dead i just wasted 37 bucks on the season pass so i wasted about 100 dollars on this game **** you ubisoft never buying a game from u ever

Tobias96716
04-01-2017, 11:30 PM
I have no problems finding any player vs player matches on the game on the Playstation side of things...so dying or dead is far from the truth.

LordEythir
04-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Well juet logged on today, and finding skirmish matches for my orders was nearly impossible. Sadly game population seems to be at an all time low... </3 damn u ubi

DragonikScythe
07-13-2017, 09:43 PM
I think you don't understand that you are full of crap. Less that 20 percent huh? Yeah right. If you say you haven't had trouble being dropped from games then you are lying. I have 300 Mb/s down, and 100 Mb/s up internet and I still get dropped from 70 percent of games. NO trouble getting into one, but as soon as someone gets frustrated and quits the whole damn game drops. I haven't met a person yet that hasn't had monumental problems with this game. The only thing that keeps me trying to play this damn game is the extreme satisfaction that I get from beating and out thinking an opponent. But as soon as something new comes out I'm dropping this game. My friends that I used to play with already have given up, and we all bought the season pass. This P2P system is total crap.