PDA

View Full Version : Devs, Stop the [Player VS AI] Orders Already

Kallkz
02-26-2017, 07:01 PM
I don't know what Ubi Devs are thinking, do they even play their own game ?

If they do then they shoulda knew how boring it is to play against BOTS AND BOTS in order to complete Orders

WE ALREADY PLAY AGAINST THOUSANDS OF BOTS DUE TO THE TERRIBLE P2P CONNECTIONS, AND U WANT US TO PLAY MORE AND MORE AGAINST BOTS ?!

Edit : Why not let players pick their preferred orders [AI - Player] - OR let them re roll specific orders

m3gas_
02-26-2017, 07:08 PM
What if I told you many MANY people actually ENJOY playing against AI if even only to get better at a char?!
That YOU don't is not Ubi's fault at all.
So guys please stop thiese pointless whiny threads and take the game for what it is. It has something for every play taste.

Kallkz
02-26-2017, 07:18 PM
What if I told you many MANY people actually ENJOY playing against AI if even only to get better at a char?!
That YOU don't is not Ubi's fault at all.
So guys please stop thiese pointless whiny threads and take the game for what it is. It has something for every play taste.

So because 20% of player base (lets say 40%) enjoys playing against AI, we get 3 to 4 orders against AI, MAKES SENSE MATE

e.Key
02-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Yes please.... playing against bots is so ****ing boring...

Wateverdude
02-26-2017, 07:36 PM
It's not the mode fault, but there is no consequences when people just afk in their bot match and let other ppl do all the job.

Valtaya
02-26-2017, 07:45 PM
daily orders
50% vs players
50% vs ai

contract orders
66% vs players
33% vs ai

so no idea what you want, there are already more orders vs player then vs ai
and right now, with all the cheating (or lets say 3rd party programs) and lag around, it is no fun to play vs players
you may enjoy it, I know a lot of people who do not, me included

but, I can not remember "us" ai weaklings starting a poll to remove vs player orders....

Warp_11
02-26-2017, 07:45 PM
I think they should rather give the ability to re-roll some possible contracts, this also means that there should be a larder contract pool. To be honest, it's easier to do a PvE order than a PvP one.
I, for example don't like Elimination mode, in my opinion it's an absurd and boring [removed] of bs, so I'd rather re-roll it into something else.

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 07:48 PM
I could make a suggestion, what you could do to your knee but I am too polite and well educated.

If you don't like PvAI, don't play it - problem solved.

Btw. persons like you, are the reason, people like me don't like to play pvp anymore.

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 09:20 PM
I think they're fine.
The fact that they are against AI makes them quicker, easier and more guaranteed, which is handy if you don't have as much time.
Also the matches vs AI are a lot more stable so there's no 'alomst completed it but then Network Error' issues.

Zordrage
02-26-2017, 09:23 PM
I think they're fine.

Also the matches vs AI are a lot more stable so there's no 'alomst completed it but then Network Error' issues.

tell me about it......pulling my hair out because of it by now.....

Mathonn
02-26-2017, 09:29 PM
If you don't want to play against bots then those orders aren't there for you, so ignore them. Others aren't ready for, or interested in, playing against players and it would be unacceptable for the developer to ignore that base.

IF_Torbjorn
02-26-2017, 09:36 PM
I go VS AI to warm up. And earn some coins and XP. Then go for PvP orders. What is your problem, OP? Just ignore it if you don't want compleate them.

So many crazy suggestions on this forum :D from delete some orders, to build impenetrable wall between fighting players in 4v4, to fight 1v1. What guides these people?

ZEONesp
02-26-2017, 09:54 PM
I like vs 1 IA because is relaxed and is a good way to warm up.

Why you want to force people to play what u want? not everyone enjoy to fight agains players for many reasons.

Yefrign
02-26-2017, 10:05 PM
for the 50th time if ALL the orders are NOT game mode specific (aka PvP or PvAI) then the players that hate the AI orders can still do them in pvp and the people that hate pvp can do the pvp orders against AI...

in other words you have all the contracts there and it says "win 5 brawl matches" or "play a dominion game with more than 350 points at the end of the match" know how at the end of that it will say ("Player vs Player" or "Player Vs AI")? what if that last part was removed on ALL the contract orders. that way you can do ALL the orders in EITHER game mode PvP or PvE that way you people stop complaining about the "forced AI matches" and the people that dont want to do PvP (and its associated issues) can still do all the orders as well.

if the orders become non game mode specific (pvp/pve) then EVERYONE WINS.

as it currently stands no one HAS to do the PvE/PvP orders anyway and there are always more PvP orders in the list anyway so you guys shouldn't be complaining.

EDIT: there are more PvP focused orders anyway. if a player just wants to do PvE they miss out on 4/5 orders which can be anywhere around 4k+ XP and 1200+ steel... and you still complain about having to do a couple of AI matches? :confused:

IF_Torbjorn
02-26-2017, 10:16 PM
if the orders become non game mode specific (pvp/pve) then EVERYONE WINS.

Golden words
And non class specific :)

Yefrign
02-26-2017, 10:21 PM
Golden words
And non class specific :)

I'm okay with class specific. because even then you still have 3 characters to choose from. and it helps you learn more about the classes moves and abilities so you can understand the class more when against it. (but I can understand it being annoying when you'd rather that XP to go to your favorite class and not one you dont really want to use)

Mathonn
02-26-2017, 10:26 PM
Except that certain specified orders could be considered too easy if they weren't specified, as well as being able to stack more orders for quicker completion which means "less to do". It doesn't really benefit the developer, so "everybody wins" isn't accurate.

TarunaMeow
02-26-2017, 10:31 PM
Except that certain specified orders could be considered too easy if they weren't specified, as well as being able to stack more orders for quicker completion which means "less to do". It doesn't really benefit the developer, so "everybody wins" isn't accurate.

We barely get any steel as is anyway and orders are on a timer. So not really a big deal if you ask me. :P
We'll get the same amount of steel regardless of "how fast" it is to complete them.

Raeyek
02-26-2017, 10:31 PM
Btw. persons like you, are the reason, people like me don't like to play pvp anymore.

exactly! i cant stand pvp as players are annoying ,as soon as they sniff a loss they bust out the cheddar.which you have to defend over and over and annoyingly over again. No thanks you can keep it i will stick to the AI. Oh and thanks Ubisoft for not forgetting us.

Yefrign
02-26-2017, 10:35 PM

players are always looking for the "fastest" way to do stuff in games.... if doing them all in PvE is overall "quicker" than whats to complain about? you get them all done boom free and easy XP and steel and you can go back to doing what you prefer to do... OR... idk... challenge yourself and do it the "harder" way.... sure it might take longer but hey theres more challenge in that isnt there? and that should also make you a better player in the process.:cool:

darksavior1977
02-26-2017, 11:08 PM
Personally I'd never touch PVP in this game if I could help it. The matchmaking nightmare alone it enough to make it worth skipping. I'd be thrilled if all orders could be completed against AI instead.

zwaggs33
02-27-2017, 03:33 AM
Keep vs AI orders.

Tyler-Durdin
02-27-2017, 01:18 PM
I only play Vs Ai .
I have no reason at all to want to be the hero of the PVP universe I will leave that to the Cheaters..

Crytsch
02-27-2017, 01:55 PM
they just shouldn't seperate between vs AI and vs Player, just give us the orders and let US decide wether we want do them in PVP or PVE

simple as that

CarnivalLaw
02-27-2017, 02:58 PM
Not everyone shares your opinion.

Leave AI Orders in the rotation.

RatedChaotic
02-27-2017, 03:10 PM
I actually wish they would add more. With the disconnects, players playing with rubber bands, lag, players rage quiting, error screens, and randomly getting pushed to home. I usually end up getting just as much if not more xp and steel from bots because I dont have any of the issues above.

Obdach01
02-27-2017, 03:20 PM
So because 20% of player base (lets say 40%) enjoys playing against AI, we get 3 to 4 orders against AI, MAKES SENSE MATE

And where exactly did you get those numbers? Your friends? Your preference?

You do know that just because you love Pizza does not make 70% of the World eat Pizza, right? I for example have so little time in my life (family, work, bad time management... take your pick), that most of times I must play against AI. No choice there. And when I have more time and play PvP I am quite happy, that I had the chance to do some sparring with AI before getting beaten up. And the best part is, that I got some XP and Steel for that... not only the PvP crowd.

And please don't be the guy who says, if you don't have time, don't play this game... please don't be that guy.

If you do calculate all oders (not only the two daily ones), there are more orders against players than against AI, but I guess you are complaining about that SINGLE daily which you cannot choose. In that case... jesus christ

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 03:24 PM
You do know that just because you love Pizza does not make 70% of the World eat Pizza, right?

It never ceases to amaze me how many people don't get this basic concept.
It's worse on these forums than I have ever seen it anywhere else.
I know there are always a few that can't put themselves in another persons shoes, can't see the other side, can't think outside of their own bubble, but here ... :rolleyes:

xxSNEAKELLAMAxx
02-27-2017, 03:33 PM
Player v. AI orders are not hurting you, so why complain about it?

I like to do both. PVP is fun with friends, and I like the AI battles so I can practice on my move sets or work on a new hero, lus the added benefit of completing orders.

Though, to be honest, I don't pay attention to those. I just play the game and gank the enemy with my Conqueror flail.

titusthefox
02-27-2017, 03:39 PM

If they do then they shoulda knew how boring it is to play against BOTS AND BOTS in order to complete Orders

WE ALREADY PLAY AGAINST THOUSANDS OF BOTS DUE TO THE TERRIBLE P2P CONNECTIONS, AND U WANT US TO PLAY MORE AND MORE AGAINST BOTS ?!

WTF? No! Infact, add more! Just don't do them if you don't like them. I don't like doing the PvP ones so I don't do them. Why can't you just not do the PvE ones? Why ruin it for many people who are enjoying it? Gaah! Go away!

MrForz
02-27-2017, 03:51 PM
Player vs AI orders don't bother me. The more strict ones tend to be nerve racking though.

I teamed up with a friend in order to commit suicide over and over again to get the 5 revives orders. Because it's AI I'm not sure many people would end up dying.

Completing (and not winning) 3 Skirmishes without dying more than 5 times forces players not to commit at all, since they're not required to win.

Killing 300 soldiers in a PvP Dominion drives many players not to care at all about winning or losing. I suppose B is secure though.

IGalainI
02-27-2017, 04:00 PM
I can live with AI orders. But i donīt like them as itīs so boring to play against the AI. However i think that the AI orders should also be doable in the PVP modes.

Why the hell should the kill of 200 normal mobs only counting in AI mode? Makes this sense? Beside the fact that such orders are much easier in AI modes.

Also there should be more consistent distribution within the game modes. In my opinion there was too much orders only for elimination mode the last days.

King_Mandu
02-27-2017, 04:03 PM
The kill 300 soldiers order is beyond stupid. It gets even worse when the reward screen freezes and you get the notification of the rewards to come later only for it to not include your order. Another game down the toilet for my poor Dominion teammates, lol.

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 04:37 PM
Player vs AI orders don't bother me. The more strict ones tend to be nerve racking though.

I teamed up with a friend in order to commit suicide over and over again to get the 5 revives orders. Because it's AI I'm not sure many people would end up dying.

Completing (and not winning) 3 Skirmishes without dying more than 5 times forces players not to commit at all, since they're not required to win.

Killing 300 soldiers in a PvP Dominion drives many players not to care at all about winning or losing. I suppose B is secure though.

I did all of these Orders easily without a problem.
I think you're trying to hard to cheese your way around them as if they're a problem.

If you are dying more than 5 times in your average Skirmish game then the Order is not the problem, sorry ;)

300 soldiers took me 3 games, and we won the games.

5 revives took me 2 games. I only managed 1 revive in the first, but got 4 in the second.

Agent_Coldhands
02-27-2017, 04:42 PM
The only order's i dont want to see is the one to play with an ally as i no one i know plays this game ! Also i enjoy playing against the ai, they dont rage quit or team gank you. And its a nice change of pace if your fed up playing with people.

Feuerbach_
02-27-2017, 04:44 PM

So why we say 40%? If we can say 40 , we can say 99% and you. Eh?

Obdach01
02-28-2017, 10:12 AM
The only order's i dont want to see is the one to play with an ally as i no one i know plays this game ! Also i enjoy playing against the ai, they dont rage quit or team gank you. And its a nice change of pace if your fed up playing with people.

If you need a buddy to play with, hit me up on UPlay. I don't play very long (dad and work) but I play every day. On PC though and in Europe.

Lord_Binz
02-28-2017, 10:19 AM
Oh man the whinging.

I START A PETITION TO REMOVE ALL PVP ORDERS

Do you see how silly that sounds? Some people like pve. Some like pvp. Stop trying to ruin the game because of something you, personally, dont like, OP.

Gothic_Mando
02-28-2017, 10:36 AM
God you people are annoying '>_>....

i could tell you of a story about a little game called 'star wars battlefront'.. and how its absence of bot-play inspired the community to create a fangroup called 'SoloPlayersMatter'.
Short version? we got bot matches.
But youre right, nobody enjoys playing vs. bots -_-

If your problem is simply 'i dont like PVE', then its simple, dont play it.
If youre whining because you want more daily orders geared towards you (because you dont like the PVE one), then learn to be considerate of other players who DO appreciate it. Also, stop being so addicted to the grind...

If anything, id love to have more AI orders... as previously said the ratios 66% PVP, 33% PVE but im just so grateful to finally have a MP game where i can grind exclusively vs. bots, i wont openly complain. Additionally i cant deny most people bought the game for PVP, so technically the ratio is fair.

See that? if i can be considerate and rational, so can you.

RatedChaotic
02-28-2017, 10:44 AM
Another I dont like it, change the game for me thread.

Gothic_Mando
02-28-2017, 11:13 AM
for the 50th time if ALL the orders are NOT game mode specific (aka PvP or PvAI) then the players that hate the AI orders can still do them in pvp and the people that hate pvp can do the pvp orders against AI...

Fantastic suggestion. Why is there not a poll for this??? ^^

Gothic_Mando
02-28-2017, 11:14 AM
Another I dont like it, change the game for me thread.

...damn i just wasted all that typing xD

puzonyyx
02-28-2017, 11:27 AM
So maybe they should give us a choice to do every order with players or with AI. I prefer PvP but many players play vs AI so let everyone do his orders like he wants.

Nerd_with_Beard
02-28-2017, 12:36 PM
There is simple fix for that. Leave AI orders as they are, but make so PvP matches account for AI orders too.

nerodiseppia
02-28-2017, 12:46 PM

Actually i find it much more boring to play against humans. Encounters vs bots are more varied, as human players tend to spam the same moves again and again.
Do not assume that your personal preferences reflect the entire playerbase's, because they do not.

As it stands right now there are orders rewarding pvp activities and orders rewarding pve activities, which allows everyone to play how they want to. I see no reason whatsoever why they shoud limit the orders to pvp only and upset an entire subset of the player base.

Adding more orders (to both categories) would be nice. Allowing the players to switch every order to "human" or "bots" would be nice aswell. But simply getting rid of pve orders would be just stupid.

Krytren
02-28-2017, 01:09 PM
You should add a "Player Chooses Player vs AI or Player vs Player." I agree but in the opposite direction. I'd rather fight bots then the elitests that have all the gear.

Gothic_Mando
02-28-2017, 01:12 PM
hey guys for those of you wanting to cast a vote towards letting players choose which mode they complete orders in, PVP / PVE, check out the poll i just posted! lets get everyone behind this! ^^ http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1593739-Poll-Make-all-orders-NOT-gamemode-specific-(ie-PVP-PVE)

Panzer_Cmndr
02-28-2017, 02:00 PM
64% against you, sorry man, bad idea but thanks for playing.

Aiva_Kami
02-28-2017, 02:01 PM

Edit : Why not let players pick their preferred orders [AI - Player] - OR let them re roll specific orders

Contract orders an optinal endevour.

They could remove contract orders all togheter, and we still get exp and steel from playing the game. But instead they decided to add a bonus, not a mandatory one either. If you dont like doing vsAi on the contract orders then dont do them. you still get exp and steel playing vs players. And you play the mode you want to play rather then then one the order tells you to.

PlagueGripes
02-28-2017, 02:56 PM
Better idea: get rid of Player vs Player orders.

AI matches are obviously much more fun and more reasonable to obtain, as well as easier matches to organize, as it's half the normal amount of players.

I have no interest in PvP and don't appreciate UbiSoft trying to force me into a game mode I don't want to play.

[/sarcasm]

Sieger300
02-28-2017, 03:03 PM

i like AI orders tho. Feels like 15 min warm up before the real game

emoKittenCZ
02-28-2017, 06:00 PM
Another stupid poll...

DJ_Masterson
02-28-2017, 08:15 PM

If anything, Ubisoft needs to be NICER to vsAI lovers. You get 4 PVP orders and only 2 vsAI. Again, you can equip three, so people who prefer to play vsAI have one whole order slot that can never be used (unless you equip 2, never get around to completing them and hold onto them when the new orders come in).

With the ULTRA ****TY DEFENSE META going on right now I'd RATHER play against bots.

Kharneth88
02-28-2017, 08:15 PM
Idea:

Don't make the Orders PvP/AI specific. Let us complete the orders against the enemies of our choosing. Sure, there may be people out there who do all of their orders against AI because they find other players too difficult and know that it'll take far too long to complete them against other players, but does that really matter?

I find that the AI Orders feel more and more like chores. I don't really want to fight against AI, especially since the level 2 bots are easy as hell and I spend the entire time just sitting by an environmental hazard and throwing them off it because they just don't ever learn.

emoKittenCZ
02-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Thatīs what america is thinking every 4 years, too.

great one :D

but just realize...
the title says STOP player vs AI, the poll says only player vs AI, there is no stop...and the options only agree or disagree. It can be interpreted in every way. Agree option wins:
1) agree won, so players agree with player vs AI, lets keep that
2) hey he certainly, according to the title, meant the poll like removing that and ppl agreed, lets remove that.
That is why it is stupid at first, not taking into account that "hey if I dont like something, everyone must hate it too!" reasons for polls...

BuckeyeKnight1
02-28-2017, 08:21 PM
If anything, Ubisoft needs to be NICER to vsAI lovers. You get 4 PVP orders and only 2 vsAI. Again, you can equip three, so people who prefer to play vsAI have one whole order slot that can never be used (unless you equip 2, never get around to completing them and hold onto them when the new orders come in).

With the ULTRA ****TY DEFENSE META going on right now I'd RATHER play against bots.

Agreed, I have started playing almost exclusively vs AI. And still seem to get wailed on by the human players on my teams (hit in the back and my attacks interrupted) while attacking the bots.

kyleapowers
02-28-2017, 08:35 PM
you increase your skills by playing versus players, no AI can match a player and I agree with the OP.

emoKittenCZ
02-28-2017, 10:02 PM
you increase your skills by playing versus players, no AI can match a player and I agree with the OP.

yes, for sure. And that is why lvl 3 bots are better than maybe 80+ % of players ;) looks like you just run the game for the first time.. -.-

Gyson
02-28-2017, 10:11 PM

I hope you're joking with this thread. If anything I would prefer *more* AI orders, that way I don't have to miss out on so much steel and XP opportunities thanks to P2P issues making it impossible for me to stay connected to any of the 4v4 PvP matches.

Even in practice, 1v1 and 2v2 I do really well whenever I'm gaming against bots of varying difficulty levels . Yet whenever I connect to another player all the timings seem off and the game is incredibly unresponsive. I'd rather stick with bots and AI orders, thanks - less dependent on peer-to-peer and other players' connections.

Thaladar
02-28-2017, 10:29 PM
Why not make the Orders generic so they could be completed in PvP, PvAI or a combination? That way, everyone can choose to complete them how they see fit.

DJ_Masterson
02-28-2017, 11:45 PM
Agreed, I have started playing almost exclusively vs AI. And still seem to get wailed on by the human players on my teams (hit in the back and my attacks interrupted) while attacking the bots.

I can't TELL you how many times my own allies have knocked me out of a precious Execution.

But I'd still rather play against bots than deal with PvP.

When Parry Meta goes away I'll consider it. Until then I'll play the game mode that doesn't make attacking first an instant lose option.