PDA

View Full Version : NAT Type "Strict"

DukeOfHeresy
02-26-2017, 02:58 PM
Morning.

My NAT type, apparently, is being recognized as "strict" by the game, which leads to me having unreasonable waiting times for matches, and problems finding a match at all.

However, and I'm sorry to be this blunt: that's BS. My NAT type shouldn't be classified as "strict" at all. All my ports are open and all restrictions that could POSSIBLY be put on this service are removed. Everything's white-listed in my firewall and anti virus software. I called my ISP specifically to check if anything on their end could be interfering with online matchmaking at all, and they have confirmed that there isn't. Not that I didn't already know.

I'm sorry Ubisoft, but the problem is on your end. I don't have this problem with any other online game in my library, and there are a lot.

Fix it instead of shifting the responsibility onto your customers.

Have a good one.

- Duke

NumbRookie
02-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Morning.

My NAT type, apparently, is being recognized as "strict" by the game, which leads to me having unreasonable waiting times for matches, and problems finding a match at all.

However, and I'm sorry to be this blunt: that's BS. My NAT type shouldn't be classified as "strict" at all. All my ports are open and all restrictions that could POSSIBLY be put on this service are removed. Everything's white-listed in my firewall and anti virus software. I called my ISP specifically to check if anything on their end could be interfering with online matchmaking at all, and they have confirmed that there isn't. Not that I didn't already know.

I'm sorry Ubisoft, but the problem is on your end. I don't have this problem with any other online game in my library, and there are a lot.

Fix it instead of shifting the responsibility onto your customers.

Have a good one.

- Duke

normaly im downloading 11/mbs and i dont have problem in any multiplayer game too .... i dont have many friends that can buy 60 euro game and have pc to deal with graphics and 2 of my 3 friends that bought the game cant join to me cuz of nat red type and he downloading 5/mbs and we connected few times but with one friend i cant connect .. you know i buy game cuz it have multiplayer and i can play it with my friends i have yellow NAT and friend that have lower internet connection have green NAT .. why ? i dont really mutch understand to that connection system. i dont want to change settings on my router becose i want to join a friend + that someone leaves - mostly crash or rage quit ...
game really lags and sometimes moves you back in time i dont really understand that i have yellow nat becose in any other multiplayer game i have always best connection ..
for exmaple in league of legends i have stable 25ms they have milions of players stable servers and connection and it is free to play game ... and when you play multiplayer game what interest you most ? i want stable connection with balanced game i was waiting year until you release it on pc and i was so sad when i discovered that i cannot join to my friend.... please excuse my english my name is Jiř Vaněk and im from Czech Republic i want to ask if you will do something to upgrade NAT to be able to play with friends
Thank you for answer JV