PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Servers are NEVER Coming

CarnivalLaw
02-26-2017, 01:58 PM
Went through this for three years with Bungie and Destiny. A massive Community called for dedicated servers, to no avail.

For Honor's player base is already dwindling. There is NO WAY Ubisoft will invest in dedicated servers. Not. A. Chance.

So, as with Destiny, I simply have to ask myself whether I'm enjoying the game enough to tolerate the disconnects.

Right now, the answer is "yes."

Winsome111
02-26-2017, 02:05 PM
Went through this for three years with Bungie and Destiny. A massive Community called for dedicated servers, to no avail.

For Honor's player base is already dwindling. There is NO WAY Ubisoft will invest in dedicated servers. Not. A. Chance.

So, as with Destiny, I simply have to ask myself whether I'm enjoying the game enough to tolerate the disconnects.

You realize you would lag more with dedicated servers right? Most fps and fighting style games use some form of P2P because it gets the quickest response time between players.

CarnivalLaw
02-26-2017, 02:10 PM
You realize you would lag more with dedicated servers right? Most fps and fighting style games use some form of P2P because it gets the quickest response time between players.

Not in Destiny. And, this is not a post arguing for DS in FH.

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 02:14 PM

I never had a problem with Destiny, did you find it that bad?
My time playing that was pretty much flawless.

HEALIX1
02-26-2017, 02:22 PM
If that's the case then I guess I'll just not buy the game, ah well .c

Cyriccube
02-26-2017, 02:23 PM

Sir did you even play destiny or Do I need to Nova Bomb some facts into you? Destiny ran a multi Server Instance infrastructure (Mesh-Based Networking) which made it so whenever you zoned into somewhere it didn't feel like an abandoned area that no one visitsl For instance going to patrol on mars right after Taken king release you couldn't have found jack squat anyone. And While I agree that destiny servers weren't the best at start, they did give info regarding it and what their plans were to improve on it which damn have they improved. The real issue Bungo had early on with destiny was balance issues and bugs in regards to their PvE elements. Thankfully I can see thorn today in trials and not cringe about how sweaty the dodge game is gonna be trying to avoid the old 2 hit kill from that ******** hand cannon. Try to make sure you know what your talking about before you use it as a reference please.