PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on with the Lawbringer?

secrecy274
02-26-2017, 12:36 PM
I noticed some really weird inconsistencies with his attacks, more specifically they pass through an opponent without actually hurting them, specifically his overhead heavy.

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5uktqa1IDE
There's maybe some invincibility frames during the trip, so ok, I can accept that, I'm not happy about it, but I can accept it.

However, there's no f***ing excuse for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjVBNLtH-vM
0:03 in the video.

He's the only one I noticed it with too.
So I repeat the question: WTF is going on with the Lawbringer?

Felis_Menari
02-26-2017, 12:54 PM
In the first video, range is a little questionable since the axe blade extends to around the feet, maybe shins. The second video though...this is a major problem. This game has quite a few nasty bugs and balancing issues that need to be straightened out before anyone in their right mind would think of running a For Honor tournament with money or prizes on the line. This game is *not* tournament ready.

secrecy274
02-26-2017, 06:27 PM
In the first video, range is a little questionable since the axe blade extends to around the feet, maybe shins. The second video though...this is a major problem. This game has quite a few nasty bugs and balancing issues that need to be straightened out before anyone in their right mind would think of running a For Honor tournament with money or prizes on the line. This game is *not* tournament ready.

Would explain it, except I can clearly see the axehead going straight through his stomach.
Either the animation is has longer reach than the actual attack, or it's a bug, either way, they got to fix it. In a game like this that one strike can cost you the round.
It even happened again, cost me the round:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqcPtovp9Q8

ZoB.Raymond
02-26-2017, 07:22 PM

Lol, it's ubisoft here, they launched Esport Rainbow Six with massives bugs and connectivity problems. There was disconnection in lan tournaments ... And they don't even care. Still todays the game is a mess, you have a huge latency in hits due to their stupid compensative system that let people shoot you when you already are under cover, the bullets grants hit in the void ...

So don't be too na´ve, in a month or two they will start promoting it into esport, issues resolved or not. Because money is money and they have a strong fan base that just continuously bash people saying the game is ****. They don't even have to defend themselves, these idiots do it for them.

Felis_Menari
02-26-2017, 11:53 PM
Would explain it, except I can clearly see the axehead going straight through his stomach.
Either the animation is has longer reach than the actual attack, or it's a bug, either way, they got to fix it. In a game like this that one strike can cost you the round.
It even happened again, cost me the round:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqcPtovp9Q8

It's too difficult to say from my perspective (video quality is too low to say anything beyond "It could have been a hit?" , lol. Your third video though is another clear demonstration of shenanigans.

kanuzira
02-27-2017, 12:06 AM
So many problems yet i keep leveling with him because i like the fighting but damn does he need a buff and bug fixes

secrecy274
02-27-2017, 12:25 AM
So many problems yet i keep leveling with him because i like the fighting but damn does he need a buff and bug fixes

Same, it has been an uphill battle the entire way, yet I can't go back to the Conq, something with the Lawbringer just draws me in... despite his... shortcomings.

Felis_Menari
02-27-2017, 02:38 AM
Same, it has been an uphill battle the entire way, yet I can't go back to the Conq, something with the Lawbringer just draws me in... despite his... shortcomings.

I like him because of his diverse moveset (though the aesthetic appeal is what initially got my attention), even though it's not necessarily easy to make use of it all in a fight.

OLEGSANDER
02-27-2017, 03:22 AM
Isn't it simply very good dodge timing on your opponent ?

Missing a heavy against a falling out of stamina opponent is classic wth all characters, you need to do move a little forward first, everytime, just a habit to get. The video vs shugoki is normal I think

Against nobushi and warden, it's harder to tell. Noobushiet has probably more range than LB for balance reasons, but the axe really goes right through her as she moves forward, This one looks the worst.

The warden dodges right before your attack. I think this is what happens there.The dodge does feel way too early to be immune to the attack, so I'd go with he got out of range.

Should probably test LB's range vs bot lvl 0