PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Difficulty - A Joke

Aethren77
02-26-2017, 12:10 PM
"Realistic" -

All enemies deal 4x your damage and have 10x your hp.

Die at boss fight, do the boring and poorly scripted run through again.

Use Unblockable and spam RMB ftw.

Un-rushable campaign parts (i.e. the booooring battering ram defense) with hp-sponge enemies (easy, but takes 700 attacks to kill)

It is neither challenging nor realistic. It should just be called the "Boring Frustration" difficulty.

Want realism? EVERYONE, including you, dies in a single strong attack, and a weak attack causes a limp and blood loss. Also, restricting save points is just pointless. We have the heal feat, which means effectively it's just a matter of waiting 40s between fights to refill, and getting past the fights you already rush through easily just to retry the last one is terribad game design. It's an online, AAA game, not an Arcade Machine where you need us to plop quarters every few minutes to make a profit, ya know...

Oh right, and the deal with Tozen having auto-counter on 100% of grabs except the Raider's running charge is also just lazy difficulty.

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 12:12 PM
I think, that the first chapter on realistic is actually quite enjoyable.

Furaito
02-26-2017, 12:14 PM
I found it to be lackluster.
Nearly every single part is rushable, except for battering ram part.
The boss as a raider was frustrating, until I just pushed him off a ledge.

But I've had a lot of practice, I'm rep 5 already.. and i was like level 25 story mode, so I had 50% more hp, an a heal I could nearly spam

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 12:24 PM
The boss can be cheesed even without ledges.

Just charge and head-kick him, followed by some damage and run off the platform. Rinse and repeat. If he gets you with his light spam, you are dead.

Felis_Menari
02-26-2017, 01:17 PM
Realistic mode can indeed be absurdly difficult. It is one of my most unenjoyable gaming experiences in recent memory (since I solo'd it). But, to get all of the unlocks, it must be done. Thankfully, once it is, you can go back through on normal for the collectables. What's even more absurd than realistic difficulty though is the inability to change gender or attire after you've chosen. So much for checking out the make voices @_@

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 01:45 PM
So. Just finished the knights chapter on realistic.

Every tale - first try.

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 01:50 PM
Picked the hardest difficulty in the game. Found it very difficult ... well who would have thought :rolleyes:

Felis_Menari
02-26-2017, 01:59 PM
Picked the hardest difficulty in the game. Found it very difficult ... well who would have thought :rolleyes:

The removal of indicators for incoming attacks (core UI component for all other modes of play) provides the biggest increase in difficulty, in no small part because the AI is completely unaffected by this handicap.

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 02:03 PM
Sure but I still managed to parry a lot of attacks.

bioblaze10656
02-26-2017, 02:06 PM
the hardest parts were the end and using the valkyr her dmg is so bad even in coop

udin23x
02-26-2017, 02:33 PM
Realistic should be not playing the mode

SethUnleashed
02-26-2017, 02:37 PM
i only died in mission 3.4 (unity) to the orochis cause their attacks look almost equal from any direction...

they were harder to deal with than apollyon XD

Aethren77
02-26-2017, 02:43 PM
I just finished it solo a few mins ago.

As I said, it isn't really hard, just tediously repetitive. Apollyon was a case of parry, RMB RMB, repeat. But she had 25+ bars of health... And then it splits the fight into 3 sequences of terribad design:

A 1v3 where you farm Revenge. A narrow passage where the clunky controls fail you miserably with the incline, and then the part where she uses her huge stamina to spam unblockables while it rains debris. Thing is, it takes so long to deal any real damage that if you slip up and die in 3 hits, you're discouraged from doing it all over again.

My complaint is not that it's difficult, it's that it's lazy difficulty. The bots aren't exactly smart, they just have HP and kill you in 3 hits.

My issue is with the progression thing where no checkpoints exist, for no reason. If I got to the boss 10x, then I'm pretty sure it's no longer a challenge. Making me do it all again for every attempt is just busywork to artificially pad the length of a campaign nobody gives a crap about to begin with.

So hard to run through a fortress, stand in front of a gate and press F for the elephant to charge it... 11 times. For no reason.

At least Apollyon had 1 checkpoint in her fight. With the amount of cheese she employs and the size of that health bar it would have been a very crappy experience indeed.

Also:

You're supposed to be playing the "hero". An especially talented warden. A legendary Orochi... why have them deal such **** damage? Feel like they are weaker than the nameless leiutenants... Seriously, if a samurai needs to land 100+ slashes to kill anything, that's a very crappy sword, samurai, or both.

militoso
02-26-2017, 02:54 PM
The Ai is stupid as hell even in realistic. The enemies only get more life and more damage, and you cant see the direction of the attacks.... everything else is the same
I dont know why is called realistic when you have to cut your enemies over 700 times to kill them... are they all wolverine or what?

xHoodieninja86x
02-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Realistic mode is a joke, taking away UI for increased difficulty is dumb and just makes for completely unfair gameplay. Like those chavs who think no UI is fun.

It's a cheap way to increase difficulty without really working on AI and or Balancing.

Zordrage
02-26-2017, 04:26 PM
i literaly facerolled it on realistic was my 1st thing when the game released lol. not died a single time at the final boss XD

the only hard part was the one where you had to fight a bunch of samurais to get to the boss they guarded all the others was a walk in the park.

RatedChaotic
02-26-2017, 04:40 PM
It was way too easy. They were really slow at attacking which made it really easy to tell which direction the attack was coming from. The bosses were so predictable theres no need to cheese them if you did I'm sorry..... you suck.

Sirrkas
02-26-2017, 04:44 PM
I am playing it on realistic, didn't die so far and finished knights, wikings and the first two samurai missions.

awolcz
02-26-2017, 04:59 PM
I finished Knights on realistic, didn't rush any mission, always did all fights. I only have problems with final boss in Peacekeaper mission and with final boss of whole knights story (repeated 20 times :-D)

Felis_Menari
02-26-2017, 11:57 PM
i only died in mission 3.4 (unity) to the orochis cause their attacks look almost equal from any direction...

This. The orochi were the bane of my existence.

Sirrkas
02-27-2017, 12:05 AM

I just did 3.4. The orochis were horrible to fight without knowing from wich direction the attack will come. I barely could tell, if it was a right attack, overhead or left. On the third try, I simply skipped them and ran past the first orochis and the shugoki. It also was not helpfull, to have a nobushi standing behind me, doing nothing all the time, until I am about to kill the orochi, just to get interrupted by her.

Mathonn
02-27-2017, 12:12 AM
I'm not going to defend the "definition" of realistic they chose to use, I've got opinions about the annoyances involved, but the only fight I found myself cursing the developers for was The second part of Apollyon on the stairs.

Felis_Menari
02-27-2017, 02:35 AM
I'm not going to defend the "definition" of realistic they chose to use, I've got opinions about the annoyances involved, but the only fight I found myself cursing the developers for was The second part of Apollyon on the stairs.

Well, apparently I wasn't alone in this. The funny thing is in co-o.o, there's also a conqueror you have to deal with. Gotta love those confined spaces, lol.

Egotistic_Ez
02-27-2017, 02:55 AM
I did hard first and realistic as my second run through for the rewards. Skipping the cutscenes and unnecessary fights made each mission 5-10 min long, combined with the fact that realistic was still piss easy I don't know why anyone is complaining about difficulty or inconvenience.

The only fight where I broke a sweat was Ayu VS the kensei chick. She parried EVERYTHING, even feints, perfectly. I had to actually retreat out of leash range then when I came back she never parried again. So I assume the first fight was just a bug.

Exaffect
02-27-2017, 03:07 AM
I was hoping realistic mode would be a few hit kills. More of a guard game but it's simply a gimmick with no cp or indicators.

CommanderYummy
02-27-2017, 08:54 AM
I liked that Realistic removed the UI. In fact, I thought it would be a fun game mode. What isn't fun, however, is spongy enemies. It doesn't make your opponent better, It just gives you more time to mess up. Personally, I didn't have much trouble but I found myself taking advantage of environmental hazards more often than not just to save myself 20 minutes of poking people to death. They should have just made everyone have less health so every battle was more intense. I also think that removing checkpoints is more annoying than challenging.

PS: You're a raider...legendary.

ThePrincePipi
02-27-2017, 06:11 PM
Once you have enough experience with the game even parrying without the UI becomes easy. The only thing that made me RAGE was those god damn orochi. Counter guard break all my guardbreaks, deflect my hits, parry my hits, dodge my hits then spam in my face. So cancerous. I had to take the healing feats and run away all the time. Oh and those clone jutsu? WTF IS THIS? NARUTO!?!?

You're a raider... LEGENDARY !

Agent Talon
03-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Most annoying thing that has happened to me on realistic was being moments away from finishing a checkpoint only to have my AI partner spam attacks and TK me. I almost threw my TV out the window.

Alamil
03-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Uhm i am played the story only on realistic difficulty and honestly i think that is extremely easy i was never die nor vs apollion. That is just boring due to 2M hp enemy so damned time sink

Rolingachu
03-06-2017, 05:07 PM
There's a reallistic difficulty, is called Multiplayer.