PDA

View Full Version : What is "debuff resistance"

BrudaVoo
02-26-2017, 12:07 PM
Hi all.

Tell me please, what is a gear property which increases "debuff resistance"?
What debuff is meant here? Dont understand.
And how this debuff works? And what advantage do I have when I wear a gear with "debuff resistance"?

Thanks a lot.

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 12:11 PM
I guess it reduces the time you are suffering from a debuff. At least that is a theory floating around here.

The problem is, that some players observed strange behavior on players and lever three / two bits, who were suddenly able to ignore hit and parry recovery time (among others). It is not impossible, that the recovery time is considered a debuff.

ZEONesp
02-26-2017, 12:26 PM
Some heroes drain stamina with their attacks or simply by pushing u into a wall, That prevents a bit of that drain.

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 12:28 PM
The items stats are simply not very clear.

We have an idea what they should do but what they really do, is unclear. Oh boy ... this game really needs some work on all planes.

Felis_Menari
02-26-2017, 12:28 PM
I guess it reduces the time you are suffering from a debuff. At least that is a theory floating around here.

The problem is, that some players observed strange behavior on players and lever three / two bits, who were suddenly able to ignore hit and parry recovery time (among others). It is not impossible, that the recovery time is considered a debuff.

Debuff resistance should be mostly self explanatory; it should reduce debuff duration from enemy feats that affect you if they are a one-off, or reduce debuff potency if it's a placed debuff (like the berserker's banner or peacekeeper's fear aura). Anything aside from that, is some extra stuff that should not be affected by this stat. If it is, then the devs done screwed up.

Gojema
02-26-2017, 12:37 PM
I think it reduces the time of ANY effect your opponent has on you. No matter if poison length or stun duration.
On reddit there is a post that states that even the uncounterable guard break after parry is counterable with enough of that stat.

Felis_Menari
02-26-2017, 12:43 PM
I think it reduces the time of ANY effect your opponent has on you. No matter if poison length or stun duration.
On reddit there is a post that states that even the uncounterable guard break after parry is counterable with enough of that stat.

Seems rather broken if it changes a typically set-in-stone aspect of gameplay, when none of the other stats do the same.

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 12:47 PM
What it does is not totally unclear.

What is actually effected however, is.

If certain states like the recovery state after being hit, is a debuff to the system, it is not impossible, that the debuff resistance stat lowers their effects as well.

Felis_Menari
02-26-2017, 01:05 PM

If certain states like the recovery state after being hit, is a debuff to the system, it is not impossible, that the debuff resistance stat lowers their effects as well.

The thing is, post block/hit recovery is something that I view as a basic combat effect. Outside of feats (since they are special match performance rewards) that may affect them (I know Shugoki has at least one, related to throws performed on him), we shouldn't be able to affect stuff like that. To recover more quickly from a parry without extra stamina consumption is akin to ignoring the physical momentum you put into an attack, and the unexpected shift after your attack is parried (in other words, space magic). Applying logic to these extra debuff resistance effects, they just don't make sense.

Knight_Raime
02-26-2017, 01:15 PM
only solid thing it does that i'm aware of is reducing the time you're effected by things like bleed/poison.
It "may effect feats that debuff you in other ways. though I've never tested that.
some are saying it effects recovery frames as well. Which tbh I hope isn't true.

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 01:58 PM
The thing is, post block/hit recovery is something that I view as a basic combat effect. Outside of feats (since they are special match performance rewards) that may affect them (I know Shugoki has at least one, related to throws performed on him), we shouldn't be able to affect stuff like that. To recover more quickly from a parry without extra stamina consumption is akin to ignoring the physical momentum you put into an attack, and the unexpected shift after your attack is parried (in other words, space magic). Applying logic to these extra debuff resistance effects, they just don't make sense.

I am totally on your side.

Hit recovery is a basic combat mechanic and should not be effected by gear stats. If the programmers were lazy and realised this mechanic by using the debuff mechanic, they screwed up.

BrudaVoo
02-26-2017, 02:18 PM

OK, if the system thinks that it is a debuff, then it is nonsence!
When you hit your opponent and he get a little cooldown, that is not a debuff, it is just an effect from your hit. But the debuff is maybe "poison" or "increasing the damage which can be got when you defence", etc.
And for example, if you are in 1v1 battle, there are no debuffs, right? Or not?
These debuffs can take place in a game only in Dominion, Skirmish, etc. Is it true or not?
Because if it is true, then these debuff resistance does not make sence to have in 1v1 and 2v2 Brawl.

BrudaVoo
02-26-2017, 02:22 PM
And one more point.
If you gather the gears for max "decrease of debuff effects", then you will not go to cooldown when being parried, and you will not be affected with any effects from all characters skills, which make each character really unique, and then all the leveling does not have any sence lol.

SwaggerDaddyOG
04-18-2017, 01:54 AM
Seems rather broken if it changes a typically set-in-stone aspect of gameplay, when none of the other stats do the same.

sprint speed

teksuo1
04-18-2017, 01:59 AM

They fixed that, debuff resistance won't help you counter-gb anymore.

I do wonder what it affects exactly though.

(does it shrink the time you spend on the floor when thrown while out of stamina?!)
(does it shrink the wall stun length?!)

pancakerz
04-18-2017, 04:42 AM
I really wish they'd allow us to just click on these things in game to find out what they do. Another confusing couple being block damage and block Resistance or some such thing. Even Dark Souls, the "super duper hard" game allows you to view stat details for pretty much everything in the stat menu.

And the loading screen tooltips for this game don't help very much. "attack increase your attack damage." oh....thanks....

kweassa1917
04-18-2017, 07:51 AM
And one more point.
If you gather the gears for max "decrease of debuff effects", then you will not go to cooldown when being parried, and you will not be affected with any effects from all characters skills, which make each character really unique, and then all the leveling does not have any sence lol.

Was fixed a long time ago.