PDA

View Full Version : I take it back. Guard break isnt broken - Orochi not to so OP

Duuklah
02-26-2017, 11:37 AM
So i practiced the guard break vs a lvl 3 bot for like 4 hours today. I finally have it down. i cant break 100% of guard breaks, but I usually stop most now.

I feel like they could add a few milliseconds to the window, but otherwise its OK and people will adapt.

I can consistently kill Orochis now. Which is very odd considering people say they arent OP which is actually true. They were just using GB a lot more than most for the guaranteed heavy. Aside from the LB.

Most other guys are balanced.

It turned out the major push to play Orochi was the desire for an easy execute off of a GB system which leaves a bit to be desired, but once mastered renders most orochi useless.

Duuk

PS: sorry for all the *****ing about GB

Hovenberg
02-26-2017, 11:41 AM
The thing is, every time I miss a gb interrupt I know I was to fast or too slow. This is fine.

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 12:07 PM
The problem is not exactly the window. It was more the luck-thing, when both fighters tried to guard break at the same time.

And yes. The window could be a bit wider.

Waynedetta40k
02-26-2017, 12:20 PM
The problem is not exactly the window. It was more the luck-thing, when both fighters tried to guard break at the same time.

And yes. The window could be a bit wider.

Why? Its useless out of parrys/catching dodges anyway.

Gojema
02-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Guard break is broken because it doesn't break the guard. 2 guys starring at each other, doing occasionally a gb and cgb until one messes up or luck decides. Much fun ...

gringojay
02-26-2017, 12:40 PM
Guard break is broken because it doesn't break the guard. 2 guys starring at each other, doing occasionally a gb and cgb until one messes up or luck decides. Much fun ...

thats just not how you play the game. occasionally i come up against a guard break spammer and i think the same thing.... much fun. once the whole community gets better at gbc we should see it less, as people will be punished more often. Less gb will actually make gb more effective since you won't be expecting it

Fuzzybutts
02-26-2017, 01:25 PM
Finally someone gets it.

The only 'Broken' thing with guardbreak is when two people use it at the same time, it literally becomes RNG who wins and thats going to be patched. GB Counters and Parries are all you need to beat anything with some practice.

Zordrage
02-26-2017, 01:47 PM
this thread is pointless its going back to the Beta state where you had waaay biger window to CGB.... once Ubi decides to finaly give us a damned update with fixes etc that is lol....

gringojay
02-26-2017, 01:53 PM
this thread is pointless its going back to the Beta state where you had waaay biger window to CGB.... once Ubi decides to finaly give us a damned update with fixes etc that is lol....

Myself, I like that the mechanics are difficult to master, I hope they don't make it too much easier. I like that there's a small element of chance in that I'm not good enough to have complete control over my hero.

Gojema
02-26-2017, 01:58 PM
They didn't say anything about changing the cgb time frame. Only, that the "both press the gb button at the same time" thing will change.

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 02:02 PM
Myself, I like that the mechanics are difficult to master, I hope they don't make it too much easier. I like that there's a small element of chance in that I'm not good enough to have complete control over my hero.

I am on your side, if it is difficult, to counter a difficult mechanic.

But let's be honest. Pressing X two times in a row to possibly oneshot an enemy, is not really difficult. Countering a guard break is magnitudes more difficult, than performing one and kicking an enemy into a murder hole or spike trap.

gringojay
03-27-2017, 01:35 AM
I am on your side, if it is difficult, to counter a difficult mechanic.

But let's be honest. Pressing X two times in a row to possibly oneshot an enemy, is not really difficult. Countering a guard break is magnitudes more difficult, than performing one and kicking an enemy into a murder hole or spike trap.

yeah i absolutely agree, plus im terrible at gbc. oh well, that's the game.

Xb1MasterNoctis
03-28-2017, 04:37 AM
So i practiced the guard break vs a lvl 3 bot for like 4 hours today. I finally have it down. i cant break 100% of guard breaks, but I usually stop most now.

I feel like they could add a few milliseconds to the window, but otherwise its OK and people will adapt.

I can consistently kill Orochis now. Which is very odd considering people say they arent OP which is actually true. They were just using GB a lot more than most for the guaranteed heavy. Aside from the LB.

Most other guys are balanced.

It turned out the major push to play Orochi was the desire for an easy execute off of a GB system which leaves a bit to be desired, but once mastered renders most orochi useless.

Duuk

PS: sorry for all the *****ing about GB

take unblockables away and Orochi will plague the battlefield because for us to unblockable we need to deflect. never the less orochi not op we don't have an easy unblockable, i never GB only when the people is one hit away from death.