PDA

View Full Version : [Matchmaking] I do not enjoy this game anymore in PvP

Hackfraysn
02-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Hi guys,

first of all: I loved this game in both betas. I could play it all day long. I ran into vastly superior players every once in a while but most of the time I felt like I got matched against people of similar skill.

Now every time I queue, I'm getting matched against prestige 3+ guys with 108 gold gear or something close to that number. They all block, parry, dodge and counterguardbreak flawlessly and on top of that have a serious gear advantage. It simply makes the game unenjoyable for me to be matched not only against people, who massively outgear me but also have more time played and more experience than me. If I'm lucky, our team has one purple geared guy, while the others are full epic gear. Almost every game is a stomp. It's no fun at all playing utterly lopsided games.

I like to play different characters, so I only have one prestige 2 and 2 prestige 1 classes. Honestly, I don't understand why this game has to be so punishing if you don't want to focus on a single character only.

Dominion is literally unplayable for me. 3 hits and the enemy pops revenge. I die in 3 hits, sometimes even less. A revenged player hits me for more than half my HP bar. Then there's the constant ganksquads and perpetual revenge on people. My only chance is to throw people off cliffs, which I don't really enjoy. Vs AI gets stale and honestly I didn't buy this game to play vs bots, but what else is there when PvP matchmaking is such an infuriatingly unfair mess?

What happened to this game? Matchmaking wasn't good in the betas either, but at least I got matched against people of my skill and gear level most of the time. All my friends quit the game by now because of this horrible matchmaking. I tried to stick with it and run solo, but I'm not having much fun and honestly I'm close to quitting, too.

I'd love to love this game again, but honestly I don't see myself grinding for hours on end through a landslide of lopsided matches and losses (or bot games) until I can get on equal terms gear-wise. I bought this game to have fun and enjoy it, not to get frustrated all the time by things that aren't under my control. I still love the combat system, but in order to enjoy it, I need fair matches in all modes, which the game doesn't deliver.

Worst of all is the complete silence from Ubisoft. Are you going to do something about it and fix your game, or can I uninstall, move on and chalk this game up as the last Ubisoft game I've ever bought because nothing's going to change anytime soon anyway?

How do you feel about this game and the matchmaking, guys? How do you deal with all the issues in this game? Any tips to help me enjoy the game again and what do you think can or should be done to prevent this game from losing players at such an alarming rate?

Thanks! Have a good one!

Hogmin
02-26-2017, 11:04 AM
It gets frustrating for me, but I really really love the game.

I also really hate how silent Ubi has been about it, makes me lose faith they even want to fix the issues, all I really do is hope, haha.

G_to_the_H
02-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Yep, actually this game is PAY TO WIN !
the guys runnin around with 108 gear score bought the premium boxes to level up their gear. at least they should been matches with other 108er characters, matchmaking isn't fair at all ...

Hogmin
02-26-2017, 11:15 AM
the guys runnin around with 108 gear score bought the premium boxes to level up their gear. at least they should been matches with other 108er characters, matchmaking isn't fair at all ...

Simply untrue about it being pay to win.

Cro0kers
02-26-2017, 11:22 AM
same here man...went skiing for a week, came back, i'm lvl 13 prestige 0, against people geared lvl 80 to 108. And Dominion is my favorite mode, which i can't play anymore because I get mostly two shots.

It's sadden me to see that after a week, the level range on the matchmaking can't find anyone of my level and force me through presitge 8 people that shreds me to pieces, and on the top of that I feel like a dead weight to my team.

Siera.
02-26-2017, 11:25 AM
I like to play different characters, so I only have one prestige 2 and 2 prestige 1 classes. Honestly, I don't understand why this game has to be so punishing if you don't want to focus on a single character only.!

Matchmaking is Bad? wtf Guys...
The Matchmaking works BEFOR you pick a Champion. So you have overall Champions Prestige 4, so you get Matched against Prestige +-4, looks fine to me.

When they add a mode where you can pick your Champion befor queing, then its Possible (Like Heroes of the Storm Casual).

Soooo please stop blaming Matchmaking, yeah its not cool, but they have NO chance to change this, unless they implement a new Mode.

Same with this 10ī000 Threaths about P2P... yeah it sucks a lot, but thats implementet and can only be changed with alot of time an resources. So please stop be stupid and play or play another game.

For Honor is good game and it will be better in a couple of Weeks. So go on Dev Team! Great work.

G_to_the_H
02-26-2017, 11:32 AM

of course it is. as long 108 gearscore players are matched up with the "normal" ones it is pay to win, cause none of the 108 players did receive their gear normally, as we know the drop rate for good items after a game is pretty bad.
at least now, 2 weeks after release 108 gear score is all about havin the money or havin no life lol !

Siera.
02-26-2017, 11:36 AM
of course it is. as long 108 gearscore players are matched up with the "normal" ones it is pay to win, cause none of the 108 players did receive their gear normally, as we know the drop rate for good items after a game is pretty bad.
at least now, 2 weeks after release 108 gear score is all about havin the money or havin no life lol !

WTF.... thats untrue. Read my Post above.

Cro0kers
02-26-2017, 11:43 AM

Read mine too x) as I said my max lvl is 13 prestige 0 ! Yet i'm with people prestige 3 to 8 which is lol jokes

pancakerz
02-26-2017, 11:54 AM
hey OP, I haven't experienced that at all.
Add me and we'll queue together for some fun, if you feel like it. uplay name is the same as my username here.

Rumata20
02-26-2017, 11:58 AM
I agree with the author, bought game few days ago, and now want to back my money, cause its not the game, that i saw on beta. I dont have any prestige characters, i have only one lawbringer, with lvl 10(10 Carl), my gear lvl max - 5 on account, and i must fight against guys with 9 prestige and 108 gear? Realy? You think its good balanced matchmaking? I cant learn how to play on character, when i play against badasses, its like if you shove into one team challenger and bronze in LoL, thats boring, i dont want to play PvP, cause of your matchmaking.
Yeah im not godskill, so give me not godskill opponnets, now fights isnt interesting, cause after 3-4 hits my opponents gets rage, and welcome to tavern...

Please ubi, back me my money, thats not game, which i want to buy, or which i play on beta.

P.S. Sry for bad english, but the sense remains the same

Siera.
02-26-2017, 12:12 PM
Read mine too x) as I said my max lvl is 13 prestige 0 ! Yet i'm with people prestige 3 to 8 which is lol jokes

Oh true i dident read your first post. Yeah then it sucks. But P2W is not true, yeah some people play 24/7 and they are high Ranked. Thats normal in every game. But you can beat them.

G_to_the_H
02-26-2017, 12:53 PM
Matchmaking is Bad? wtf Guys...
The Matchmaking works BEFOR you pick a Champion. So you have overall Champions Prestige 4, so you get Matched against Prestige +-4, looks fine to me.

When they add a mode where you can pick your Champion befor queing, then its Possible (Like Heroes of the Storm Casual).

Soooo please stop blaming Matchmaking, yeah its not cool, but they have NO chance to change this, unless they implement a new Mode.

Same with this 10ī000 Threaths about P2P... yeah it sucks a lot, but thats implementet and can only be changed with alot of time an resources. So please stop be stupid and play or play another game.

For Honor is good game and it will be better in a couple of Weeks. So go on Dev Team! Great work.

Ok man, that sounds legit. they cant match up 108ers with other 108ers, cause match making will not know, which hero you will choose.
in fact the problem is another:
endgame gear needs to get a rework. everyone is runnin around with these *fast revenge god mode* builds...

greetz

secrecy274
02-26-2017, 01:05 PM
New to the game, first round, matched up with a reputation 6 Orochi. GG

Knight_Raime
02-26-2017, 01:08 PM
yeah matchmaking is a dumpster fire. sucks because when the game works it's actually fun. this is why many people including myself see no potential in 4v4 and all the potential in duels/brawls.
4v4 is too casual.

RoosterIlluzion
02-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Your post confirms that it's broken. It's not fair even if I have a lvl God player with gold gear. If I want to use my lower lvl, **** gear character, I can't stand a chance against someone higher lvl.
Match making needs to be made based on your current selected hero. No changing heroes in menu just before the start. That's b.s.

JOHN19812017
02-26-2017, 01:48 PM
i dont see a problem i played a game yesterday my team one lvl 4 rep and 3 no rep destroyed all high rep on other team. im not that good at the game. Also a god player would whoop regardless of gear score

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 02:16 PM
I've had a level 1 gear 0 guy on my team with my Rep 2 character vs people with Rep 1 - Rep 3.
Now, not being funny, he has never even fought another player on that character, he doesn't belong in that fight no matter how you look at it.
I do think level of character would be better.
Thats pretty much the standard for all the other multiplayer pvp games I have played.

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 02:46 PM
That's most definitely not the standard. Name one that does this.

World of Warcraft? You know, only the biggest multiplayer pvp game on the planet :D

Reign
02-26-2017, 03:23 PM
Reading the support page about matchmaking says they use "skill" as a determining factor. I am guessing this has nothing to do with reputation level or gear since we all know the system can't guess which character you will be using. But rather using k/d ratio and win percentage as these are the only hard figures available. So while a rep 0 player maybe matched against a higher rep player the system has determined they are on equal footing due to these parameters.

Barring any changes to the system this obviously favors people who main one character rather than those who diversify. Which I have ran into myself leveling other characters than my Rep 4 Conqueror. Having said that if it relied on gear alone you may get people of equal gear level being matched against people who are naturally better at the game resulting in a discrepancy of skill in another form.

And if there are no changes to be made anytime soon the only way to move forward is to level up and get some gear of your own. Which is not that hard, in one day of playing off and on I was at Rep 1 quite quickly. You will take some knocks along the way but such is the way of a MP game. Having said that though I have met some very skilled people along the way that took me down even with me having the "gear" advantage on them. So while they may have some advantage the fight is not lost at all no matter their gear.

The moral, while you can't force a MM change you can control your level and gear choose a favorite knuckle up and get yourself to level ground.

Haaadas
02-26-2017, 03:56 PM
It seems one more game is destroyed by Ubisoft !

BecausePandas
02-26-2017, 04:02 PM
If the game had a purely skill based matchmaking system, then why is it that despite many players best efforts, no one has found a way to find a skill level indicator. If gear level, prestige level, and number of games played do not equate to a players "skill level" (which is one of the four things that matchmaking searches for games with). If they want to sell the game on a "skill level based gameplay" model. They need to implement an actual skill level system. Dota 2 and league of legends have done so for years. more than 7 of them in fact. And despite popular belief, those systems work.

I'll present my case on it. Dota 2, im set at a 1400 MMR level. Thats... average... for a casual player. I originally got that score when i was within my 1st 100 hours of game play. Decided i'd go play ranked since i had a 'handle' on the mechanics. fast forward 900 hours, and im given a chance to wipe that mmr score clean, get a new one in a separate queue I do so, 10 games into this new ranked queue and i got my new MMR. 1500. My score didn't change because i didnt actually improve my game play. Their system noted this. Total assists, kills, deaths, objectives, gold per minute, exp per minute, and total last hits on 'creeps'. The game actually factored how i played into that score.

For honor doesnt. Their MMR system is hidden, unseeable, and NOT based on reputation, gear, or win rates as far as players can tell... because we cant tell. We just cant. Yet this "Gaming" company remains silent. They dont answer their community except with corporate drones disguised as fellow players, legal jargon inside their EULA, and non-answers in their support tickets. This game has a LOT less data to comb through for a comprehensive MMR system than dota, by a long shot. Wins, overall character levels, and overall gear levels.

Thats all i can think of that they'd need. Maybe I'm wrong on one or two things here but by and large, this game's matchmaking is the joke of the gaming community as a whole. I wont rant on about how gamers feel about the P2P on this. it's been beat to death with a stick, and for good reason. I want to enjoy this game. I do. And i'll keep trying, but just like Ford, im never buying an Ubisoft product again

Thel..
02-26-2017, 04:28 PM
Matchmaking seems off, but game has only been out a fwe weeks. Not a few years. These points will be addressed at somepoint. It's not a horrible situation it's an annoyance.

Xhyle
02-26-2017, 04:31 PM
there's no MM for now I think, I've been into a game a lot with higher prestige and my team was none! Even me!

RatedChaotic
02-26-2017, 04:49 PM

When you can spend real money for gear that improves stats on your character without playing the game......Thats pay to win...Smoke another one bro or chicky

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Most definitely not the biggest pvp game on the planet and a moot point because you can not switch a character on the fly. I hope this was meant ironic. Yeah that was definitely ironic.

So does evading the point mean you don't have a real answer?

It has millions of players, not a couple of 100 thousand, but that's another matter, part of your evading.
I didn't realise the topic was how big is WoW?
It dwarfs For Honor, no matter what you say, and has had level based PvP brackets for nearly 10 years.

I could list at least a dozen more of the biggest titles available that also use level based PvP matchmaking.

Also, you queue up with a character, what do you mean switch characters on the fly?
Nothing is moot. I queue with my level 10 Rogue, I queue with my level 10 Peacekeeper.

So, do you actually have anything sensible to add or is your entire response tactic to pick pedantically at individual words whilst avoiding the subject? (aka trolling).

Zemus-
02-26-2017, 05:12 PM
When you can spend real money for gear that improves stats on your character without playing the game......Thats pay to win...Smoke another one bro or chicky

No it's NOT. People, Pay to WIn means there are things available for purchase with REAL MONEY that cannot be obtained in the game itself for free. Boosts are NOT pay to win, are they annoying? Yes but anyone can obtain 108 without spending money with little effort.

I am about to hit Prestige 3 on one of my characters today. I have 14 Premium loot boxes ready to open for having played the Single Player and getting the collectables and 2 for the Gold Edition. You got 3500 Steel for doing the tutorials, You got 5000 for beating the Single Player, You get 600 a day from Daily's and 600 From Semi Daily's, I am sitting on 20,000 steel and 14 unopened boxes without spending any money

Steel while looking slow even for a casual it shouldn't be hard to get 25,000 a month just for doing the daily's and playing the game itself very little.

The real issue this game has is the Matchmaking system, it's broken and has made the game not fun at all for the casual player which is the most important player in the game they make up the vast majority of the playerbase and are being destroyed right now and that is not fair or balanced. It needs to be fixed YESTERDAY and as long as Ubisoft continues to ignore and say nothing after 2 weeks now this game will be dead in a matter of weeks, NOT MONTHS.

Bananaplaya77
02-26-2017, 08:31 PM
First of all I love this game but i agree that you cant play any other hero except of your "main".
I have an prestige 1 orochi and when i want to level up my warden it is pretty much inpossible because you play against other players that are prestige 6 and with their gear level of 108. Sometimes they kill me with one single heavy attackin my opinion thatīs just stupid and it makes me loose the fun i had when i played this game.

dayLockey
02-26-2017, 08:52 PM
I'm on both sides of the fence on this one.

First off, I agree the matchmaking in 4Honor is pretty abysmal. It's the game randomly takes 8 people and just chucks them into a server without so much as a first glance to see what their level/item level/skill level is. I've had plenty of games where I was playing an alt and been paired against a full group of prestige 5+ with full gold. It's not fun but at the same time if I don't like it I can always leave since there is no leaver penalty and no reason for players to stay if they don't want to.

Secondly, aside from the very frequent amount of imbalanced matches, I have played a countless amount of balanced, extremely fun matches in both DM and Dom. So much fun that it compensates for the bad games that I have played. It's a contrast of interest I'm sure as some players have a higher tolerance for defeat than others.

Lastly, people who want to quit in the first couple of weeks due to other players out-progressing them; good riddance. If you are a casual player and you know it, don't expect to "compete" in competitive online games. It just isn't your scene. I don't care if you think that companies should cater to your playstyle by matching you with evenly casual players, or that you should feel like you're being rewarded for your time in game. I don't care if you feel like a detriment to your team. I don't care if you want a refund.

If you can't hang in 4Honor, or any online competitive game for that matter due to your inability to stay on the competitive side of things, then that's your fault. If you have a limited amount of time to play, then you should be prepared to be on the receiving end of a beat down. Till then, gear up, play against bots in Dom (easy way to level and get gear) and come back when you are ready to compete. It's really as simple as that.

Hackfraysn
02-26-2017, 11:14 PM
Sorry for the late reply guys. Decided to spend the entire day with my GF and family rather than deus vulting on the battlefields and the forums.

For Honor has many issues, but the game isn't really that bad when it comes to pay 2 win. I've seen things way worse in other games. The DLC in For Honor is obnoxiously overpriced but the good thing is that you don't have to buy it.

same here man...went skiing for a week, came back, i'm lvl 13 prestige 0, against people geared lvl 80 to 108. And Dominion is my favorite mode, which i can't play anymore because I get mostly two shots.

It's sadden me to see that after a week, the level range on the matchmaking can't find anyone of my level and force me through presitge 8 people that shreds me to pieces, and on the top of that I feel like a dead weight to my team.

Yeah, feels horrible, doesn't it? No wonder so many people are quitting the game.

Oh true i dident read your first post. Yeah then it sucks. But P2W is not true, yeah some people play 24/7 and they are high Ranked. Thats normal in every game. But you can beat them.

You can, but it's an uphill battle where you're at a severe disadvantage. You have to play flawlessly for that and if they're more skilled than you or even equally skilled, chances are high that you're going to lose. Your best chance is to throw them off a cliff or simply stay away from then but what are you supposed to do when the entire enemy team is full of high prestige high gearscore opponents who can pop revenge after 3 blocks and can 2shot you? It's really bad.

hey OP, I haven't experienced that at all.
Add me and we'll queue together for some fun, if you feel like it. uplay name is the same as my username here.

Done. Thanks for the offer. All my other friends quit and the game's more enjoyable with cool people who got your back. I'm genuinely surprised you haven't experienced that at all.7 of my friends have, me included, and all of them quit the game because of the unfair matchmaking.

I'm on both sides of the fence on this one.

First off, I agree the matchmaking in 4Honor is pretty abysmal. It's the game randomly takes 8 people and just chucks them into a server without so much as a first glance to see what their level/item level/skill level is. I've had plenty of games where I was playing an alt and been paired against a full group of prestige 5+ with full gold. It's not fun but at the same time if I don't like it I can always leave since there is no leaver penalty and no reason for players to stay if they don't want to.

Secondly, aside from the very frequent amount of imbalanced matches, I have played a countless amount of balanced, extremely fun matches in both DM and Dom. So much fun that it compensates for the bad games that I have played. It's a contrast of interest I'm sure as some players have a higher tolerance for defeat than others.

Lastly, people who want to quit in the first couple of weeks due to other players out-progressing them; good riddance. If you are a casual player and you know it, don't expect to "compete" in competitive online games. It just isn't your scene. I don't care if you think that companies should cater to your playstyle by matching you with evenly casual players, or that you should feel like you're being rewarded for your time in game. I don't care if you feel like a detriment to your team. I don't care if you want a refund.

If you can't hang in 4Honor, or any online competitive game for that matter due to your inability to stay on the competitive side of things, then that's your fault. If you have a limited amount of time to play, then you should be prepared to be on the receiving end of a beat down. Till then, gear up, play against bots in Dom (easy way to level and get gear) and come back when you are ready to compete. It's really as simple as that.

Well, here I completely disagree with you. It's perfectly fine to be better than others. It's also perfectly fine that you are rewarded for your time played - after all, you should! However, it's not fine that players who beat other players in terms of gear, skill and experience get matched with people, who are massively inferior in any possible way shape or form.

Honestly dude, do you have fun beating players, who are bad at this game and can hardly defend themselves? Do you have fun playing against people you can 2shot, while they can hardly damage you? The difference between a pro and a bully is, that the former seeks to have his skills tested in combat, while the latter is just looking for an easy pushover to beat up and boost his miniscule ego.

Therefore I don't see why lesser skilled or geared people should be forced to play vs AI until they have some competitive gear. I don't see how that should be a good thing - or good game design in the first place. Why can't matchmaking in 2017 be fair for everybody? Game developers should have had their fair share of negative examples on how to not do things and how things can be done by now and should know how a game can provide a great experience for any audience, be it casual or hardcore. I for one think that this game could be a great experience for everyone, not just for hardcore players, but in order to do so it needs fair and balanced matchmaking.

I don't see how having players of equal skill and gear only being matched together, rather than against superior players would be a bad thing for the hardcore audience, except when the "hardcore audience" is more interested in bullying new players, rather than seeking a challenge.

Fuqbois
02-27-2017, 01:31 AM
There is a lot of bad in the game, i hate revenge, some gear stats, unbalance, ubi is doing a bad job to, but lol you guys still are sub 108 item level? I mean its seriusly not that hard to get, i know there people that bought coins and stuff got way early, but there was enought time to get to 108 with one character.

Just play the whole campaign in the hardest dificulty, save the boxes and only open after prestige 3, then upgrade the good gear you got.

Bob__Gnarly
02-27-2017, 02:25 AM
There is a lot of bad in the game, i hate revenge, some gear stats, unbalance, ubi is doing a bad job to, but lol you guys still are sub 108 item level? I mean its seriusly not that hard to get, i know there people that bought coins and stuff got way early, but there was enought time to get to 108 with one character.

Just play the whole campaign in the hardest dificulty, save the boxes and only open after prestige 3, then upgrade the good gear you got.

This.

It's not hard to get decent gear if you focus on a main and don't waste resources. I did a bit of the story and saved all my crates, gold and steel until i hit prestige 3 and almost maxed out my gear on my main.

Besides, gear only matters in 4v4 and doesn't trump skill. Fought plenty of max gear dudes who obviously grinded AI games as they sucked hard in PvP.

Hikari-Oni
02-27-2017, 02:48 AM
I do enjoy the game and really want to love it, but I've also never been so frustrated by a game in recent memory. I was just recently playing Dominion and in two consecutive games I was placed on a team with 3 other bots against four humans, all with a reputation score of at least 1. Of course we got our asses kicked. Its just simple things like that that can seemingly be easily taken care of and just seem not up to par with the modern gaming age.

Fuqbois
02-27-2017, 02:57 AM
Sorry double post

Hiero_Glyph
02-27-2017, 03:22 AM

Thank you for so flawlessly demonstrating the bully mentality that plagues this game. So because some of us have other commitments and cannot play enough to reach prestige 3 and attain 108 gear score (or just enjoy plating/trying multiple characters) within 10 days of launch we should stick to the campaign and AI matches? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the MM being utterly broken, right?

I mean I'm sure you are good enough to start a fresh class and solo queue in a 4v4 and still carry against the 60-108s on the other team, right? And if you can do it then why can't a brand new player with less than 20 hours played do it too. It's obvious that those other players just suck since they have never played the game before so they deserve to get owned until they can put in a few dozen hours. They certainly should not be matched against players of similar skill as that would defeat the purpose of having 108s pubstomping instead of having to face similarly skilled players.

Fuqbois
02-27-2017, 04:03 AM
Thank you for so flawlessly demonstrating the bully mentality that plagues this game. So because some of us have other commitments and cannot play enough to reach prestige 3 and attain 108 gear score (or just enjoy plating/trying multiple characters) within 10 days of launch we should stick to the campaign and AI matches? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the MM being utterly broken, right?

I mean I'm sure you are good enough to start a fresh class and solo queue in a 4v4 and still carry against the 60-108s on the other team, right? And if you can do it then why can't a brand new player with less than 20 hours played do it too. It's obvious that those other players just suck since they have never played the game before so they deserve to get owned until they can put in a few dozen hours. They certainly should not be matched against players of similar skill as that would defeat the purpose of having 108s pubstomping instead of having to face similarly skilled players.

"Bully"? LOL, what are you talking about?

1- I'm not adressing the matchmaking problem or the flaud gear system, i'm only saying that its easy to get 108 gear level, you don't need to be good to get there, even losing the progress is fine.

2- I started playing the 16th, and last 3 days i didn't played at all, i have prestige 4 with one character, 1 with another. The game is out for 13 days, if you played 3 hours average per day (which is really low for the average PC player in launch weak), you would have around 40 hours of playtime, which is definetly enought to get prestige 3 and play the campaing. The singleplayer takes about 4-8 hours. PS: I have 60 hours playtime, 26 playtime PVP, but i tend to leave my game open and do other stuff.

STGxDante
02-27-2017, 04:11 AM
it's not p2w you can easily get a max geared character. don't waste steel on stupid **** 1st and it's easy.

Beetlejooice
02-27-2017, 07:00 AM
This.

It's not hard to get decent gear if you focus on a main and don't waste resources. I did a bit of the story and saved all my crates, gold and steel until i hit prestige 3 and almost maxed out my gear on my main.

Besides, gear only matters in 4v4 and doesn't trump skill. Fought plenty of max gear dudes who obviously grinded AI games as they sucked hard in PvP.

But the point is that some people don't want to focus on a main to grind gear and prestige. Also, if they accepted it and did it, when they felt like lvling a different class they'd get massevely whooped my high lvl geared people the same way.

On the second point, that happens, but when you're fighting a 108 gear lvl Warden that spams guardbreaks you have to be your very best otherwise he'll get 2 htis on you and kill you. So yeah, sometimes saying "gear is easy to grab" is not enough.

B3NNS
02-27-2017, 07:25 AM
Gear in this game is easy to get. Get to reputation 3 on a character and you'll have a full set of heroic gear almost immediately. Just buy a few premium packs with steel or use scavenger crates you get from the campaign. The only thing that takes time is getting to reputation 3.

With full heroic gear you'll have a gear level 78 and it's more than good enough to compete with players who have a gear level of 108.

Zeo
02-27-2017, 07:48 AM
I'm Rep10 and have all LV15 gear, 3 sets for all loadouts, and 60k slavage.

90 Gearscore. I refuse to buy upgrades, gear is fine at 90. 108 is overkill, and not worth the weeks of grinding steel to upgrade from 15 to 18.

TL;DR
Spending money to get 108 gearscore is silly, and irresponsible. Just play the game. Counter the 108 with parries. They usually aren't any good at the game anyway.

TL;DR P.S.
GitGud? Idk.

Banicks
02-27-2017, 07:59 AM

Day 1 Steel Purchases, it allows pay to win.

There is documented difference with 108 GS, revenge pops so much more often, hits are harder, and received damage is less.

The match maker is to blame. It can't even balance matches with 5 players, ie: it ends up being a 4 v 1. That's even before GS is brought into play.

Like all Ubi games, half asses, not working, and no updates in sight.

llTheSentinelll
02-27-2017, 08:01 AM
TBH, I think the best way for matchmaking to work for Ubisoft at this point is if it just randomly throws players together. Seriously. It's so bad, that I've seen that it almost exclusively puts all the high level players on one team. As in it goes out of its way to ensure unbalance. Ubisoft, your programmers are very untalented. At this point, just make the system randomly throw players together and you will most likely have a more functional matchmaking system.

r4ptorr
02-27-2017, 08:25 AM

Dude... Really? For your information you can get free gear boxes from singleplayer game mode. Just by finishing the campaign you will get like 6 boxes to loot + a bunch of steel to buy another 8 boxes.. So if you actually play the game you can get around 15 loot boxes in 3-4 hours.. Keep them until you are prestige 3 and here you have top items in game for free..

Another thing is the gear score.. If you can play at least half decent then you can win against any gear level hero without any gear yourself.

The only point where I would like to agree with you is the fact that 108 gear guys with revenge builds are annoying.. It is ******ed when you can turn on revenge every few seconds (you can usually counter this if you GB instead of just ********ing people with light attacks)... So in this case yes.. For an new player who does not know how to counter revenge mode - this crap is annoying as hell. Ubisoft should really consider implementing a 30-40 seconds cooldown on revenge mode.
Also they should remove revenge gain from injury.. It's stupid when you guardbreak someone two times and land clean shots just so they could pop revenge on you..

Just to sum up. I think the gear is not that OP, but what they need to do is to nerf the Revenge mechanic, because now it's not a mechanic for a comeback when you are ********ed, but a rather good offense tactic..

KrAzZzHD
02-27-2017, 09:31 AM
So fing ridiculous when people write "i dont see a problem i played a game yesterday my team one lvl 4 rep and 3 no rep destroyed. ITS NOT ABOUT 1 GAME ITS ABOUT 10-20 GAMES! Don't u ****ing get it!?
We had this quest: Win one round skirmish. We played 6 hours and couldnt do it. Always prestige 3 at least. And is has nothing to do with being good or bad. It comes to principle!

Mothsinger
02-27-2017, 10:03 AM
The problem is the playerbase in your region, that the matchmaking go's way too fast to an extended skillbase to find a fight and that everything PvE related, even kills in the campaign, work towards your K/D (Even tho I don't know if it influences matchmaking, but I would guess so). I would rather wait 10 seconds more to get people in my skillrange.

I don't mind fighting against people with high prestige, because that doesn't mean they're good. I saw numerous rep6 guys who had no idea what they're doing. But the gear difference is enourmous. Everyone go's on the revenge gain and revenge attack build, because it's obviously the best choice in every gamemode the gear stats matter anyway.

It also feels inconsistant. While the revenge build up is noticable even with lower items, the attack/defense/stamina gear doesn't make that much of a difference (Which is probably good) - It should be for the other items aswell. Having a full bar of something should boost something to the maximum of 10 or 15%. Something like numbers would be nice, Ubi! Not vague af stupid bars.

Robbocroft
02-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Matchmaking is absurd... I often end up playing elimination or dominion with some bot instead of 2 team of players. That's something i can't wrap my head around since the game should have plenty of players (i'm on ps4).
Another thing that i can't really understand it's the language filter. I don't even know if it's working or not but, being in Italy, i would love to be able to disable it and play with all europe at least. I mean.. who talks in this game anyway?
Seriously it needs some work.

Kelemdros
02-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Another easy solution for ubisoft, is booster low geared characters a bit on that kind of matches...

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 12:17 PM
Another easy solution for ubisoft, is booster low geared characters a bit on that kind of matches...

I think that would introduce a whole new host of issues, rather than solve the problem.

Valtaya
02-27-2017, 12:39 PM

you can buy as much premium sets as you want, if your clas is reputation 0, you won't get anythign higher then common
for blue stuff you need rep 1, and there you do not get much (3common with low chance of being blue, 2 guaranteed blue)
for purple stuff you need rep 3, that will be 3blue with low chance of purple and 2 guaranteed blue
by the time you hit rep 3, you will have enough steel to buy a ton of premium packs even without the shop
pay 2 win? no idea what you are talking about.

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 12:58 PM
you can buy as much premium sets as you want, if your clas is reputation 0, you won't get anythign higher then common
for blue stuff you need rep 1, and there you do not get much (3common with low chance of being blue, 2 guaranteed blue)
for purple stuff you need rep 3, that will be 3blue with low chance of purple and 2 guaranteed blue
by the time you hit rep 3, you will have enough steel to buy a ton of premium packs even without the shop
pay 2 win? no idea what you are talking about.

He's pointing out that you can pay2win by buying loot boxes with real money to gear up when you're prestige 3, which is only partially true.

If you get matched against people with no gear, which is a pretty common thing, then you paid2win.

If you get matched against people with equal gear or better, you paid2be on equal terms. A win is not guaranteed and your advantage or disadvantage is pretty insignificant.

If you queue for modes where gear doesn't matter, you don't have any advantage over other players, therefore pay2win doesn't apply there.

Tyler-Durdin
02-27-2017, 12:59 PM
I get everyone wanting to be the best Pvp player in the universe BUT if you want to compete in Pvp you must have the gear.
For me , I don't want to play Pvp at all its a waste of time, being the greatest Pvp hero you get no praise for it,you get no pay for it and the majority of the time you end frustrated.
Just play Vs Ai.
Care not what others say about playing Vs Ai.
You may just find grinding there more calming.

Siera.
02-27-2017, 01:50 PM
Matchmaking

The Matchmaking is not bad. The Problem is that it expand Skill after 30s and you have no chance to say you want only Matches with same Skill (because waiting time is about 4-10 minutes).

But what mean SKILL? Its not your Prestige Level, not your fancy Gear, its probably a hidden MMR System.
But i fight against Gear 108 Guys with Gear 10? Matchmaking system works BEFOR you choose your champion... feelsBadMan, but they have NO chance to change it in this Mode.

More infos about Matchmaking:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571773-Q-amp-A-on-For-Honor-s-Online-System?highlight=network

Pay 2 Win

For Honor is NOT Pay 2 Win, its Easy to Learn, Hard to Master. Its a skill based game. This game is 2 weeks old, so the most people that have 108 Gear, dident buy it. They played for it. I have 66h gametime and have ~90 Gearscore, i can push it to 108, if i want. But its not needed. Gearscore 30-40 is good enough.

Yeah Gear 0 vs 108 is unfair. The gear stats need to rebalanced (Revenge), but why not play vs. AI? Go Prestige 1, buy 500 Steel Premiumboxes (with your earned Steel, no need to Buy) and have a nice 40-50 Gear?
Because its easyer to Blame...

Learn to Parry, Grab Counter (yeah patch needed) and you will win often. Yeah not 100%... but sorry guys, there are a lot better player than you (and me). If you lose, learn from it, make it next time better and dont blame others for your fault.

Gear

Gear is only in Skirmish, Dominion and Elimination activ. When you have a low level Gear play 1v1, 2v2.

If you need stats:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

Small test:
http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/thumbnail/geargwi6yks094_thumb.jpg (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/geargwi6yks094.png)

Thx hf guys

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 02:13 PM
Matchmaking

The Matchmaking is not bad.

Yeah, you're right. Pages upon pages of threads on /forhonorreddit and this forum complaining about horribly unfair matchmaking are full of lying people. Steam reviews criticizing matchmaking and p2p are also blatant lies. You're right. Everybody else is wrong. My bad.

Siera.
02-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Yeah, you're right. Pages upon pages of threads on /forhonorreddit and this forum complaining about horribly unfair matchmaking are full of lying people. Steam reviews criticizing matchmaking and p2p are also blatant lies. You're right. Everybody else is wrong. My bad.

I not said its good, its just not bad. People like to blame... so thats normal on forums. When you blame, then do it better or make suggestions...

Snowdog2000
02-27-2017, 02:37 PM
I can understand how the OP feels. The matchmaking is pretty much non-existent. For me though I don't mind too much if I play against better players in the long run if I can watch and learn.
What has quickly soured my attitude in this game however, are the masses of low-skilled, higher level people who play solely as samurai, button mashing their way to victory in a flurry of swords strokes that are impossible to block or parry. All they know is attack, attack and attack, making no attempt to pull off any other moves. If they keep on playing the game this way it will just become one dimensional. It's a shame as the games concept is so good. Maybe in a minority here but I wish to some extent they had given us more Knights and Vikings instead of adding the Samurai. Win or lose, some of the fights I been involved in with these two classes have been so enjoyable.
I'm sure there will remain a solid fan base playing the game but, as with the Division I do fear that the mentality of 'cheap' players will put so many potential new players off.

Siera.
02-27-2017, 02:38 PM
There are also pages full of people that refunded the game. According to that amount no one should be playing the game anymore.
Pages of people that think gb is not counterable and pages of people that never find a game.
Also pages on how every class is overpowered and pages on how ledges should be removed and that the game is dying or already dead.

That's because when you actually have fun playing the game you have less reason to complain. Also it's a lot less common to say what is good and on what the devs did a good job.

Thanks, 100% True. And yes: GOOD JOB DEVS! Canīt wait to see new content/fixes/patch.

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 02:58 PM
I not said its good, its just not bad. People like to blame... so thats normal on forums. When you blame, then do it better or make suggestions...

There are plenty of suggestions already. Match only people with +/- 19 levels against each other. Match only players with equal gear against each other. Don't match players with no gear against geared players. Disable gear until you fixed the matchmaking.

There are also pages full of people that refunded the game. According to that amount no one should be playing the game anymore.
Pages of people that think gb is not counterable and pages of people that never find a game.
Also pages on how every class is overpowered and pages on how ledges should be removed and that the game is dying or already dead.

That's because when you actually have fun playing the game you have less reason to complain. Also it's a lot less common to say what is good and on what the devs did a good job.

Nice strawman. Compare the quantity of refund threads vs matchmaking complaints. You'll notice a difference, unless you're the ostrich from the cartoons with his head stuck up in sand.

I can understand how the OP feels. The matchmaking is pretty much non-existent. For me though I don't mind too much if I play against better players in the long run if I can watch and learn.
What has quickly soured my attitude in this game however, are the masses of low-skilled, higher level people who play solely as samurai, button mashing their way to victory in a flurry of swords strokes that are impossible to block or parry. All they know is attack, attack and attack, making no attempt to pull off any other moves. If they keep on playing the game this way it will just become one dimensional. It's a shame as the games concept is so good. Maybe in a minority here but I wish to some extent they had given us more Knights and Vikings instead of adding the Samurai. Win or lose, some of the fights I been involved in with these two classes have been so enjoyable.
I'm sure there will remain a solid fan base playing the game but, as with the Division I do fear that the mentality of 'cheap' players will put so many potential new players off.

This is espacially painful when you're playing something with a slow guardswitch speed, such as Raider, or Lawbringer. Peacekeepers and Orochis can literally light attack spam you to death, if you don't manage to parry. This is an issue but connectivity and a balanced matchmaking system should be top priority before even considering to balance the characters.

Thanks, 100% True. And yes: GOOD JOB DEVS! Canīt wait to see new content.

Well, Siera. I sincerely hope the devs are preparing a massive patch for us players where they fix everything. The bad connectivity, the horrible matchmaking and the promised changes to guardbreak, Valkyrie etc. Sadly, I don't think this is going to happen. I'd be pretty amazed if it did, though.

The game is overall pretty good. It just needs some love and support from Ubisoft.

Siera.
02-27-2017, 03:08 PM
There are plenty of suggestions already. Match only people with +/- 19 levels against each other. Match only players with equal gear against each other. Don't match players with no gear against geared players.

Yeah they would do it... Again: You pick your champion AFTER Matchmaking works... Implement a Mode where you pick your Champion first, and then Que would work (Like Heroes of the Storm casual Mode). But now its NOT possible. I would love if they implement such a mode with fair Matchmaking.

Disable gear until you fixed the matchmaking.

Then the People with gear starting crying in the Forums... that will not be better.

The game is overall pretty good. It just needs some love and support from Ubisoft.

Yeah then wait, until they patched. Was the same on Rainbow six Siege, now its a great Game. But that is not just a single step, that was 1 Year of Development and we are in Week 3.

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Yeah they would do it... Again: You pick your champion AFTER Matchmaking works... Implement a Mode where you pick your Champion first, and then Que would work (Like Heroes of the Storm casual Mode). But now its NOT possible. I would love if they implement such a mode with fair Matchmaking.

And why is this impossible to implement, again? Source? Why didn't they implement it already?

Then the People with gear starting crying in the Forums... that will not be better.

If you communicate why this is necessary and compensate all players with free champion status or something, I'm sure most of them would understand. it's temporary anyway. Way better than making all new players quit in droves.

Yeah then wait, until they patched. Was the same on Rainbow six Siege, now its a great Game. But that is not just a single step, that was 1 Year of Development and we are in Week 3.

If you release a game, either release a finished product, or delay the release date. The current practise is just crippling Ubisoft's reputation and sales, let alone the game.
If you think this business practise is acceptable, you're a part of the problem.

Siera.
02-27-2017, 03:55 PM
And why is this impossible to implement, again? Source? Why didn't they implement it already?
Are you a programmer? If you are, then you know thats its not so simple as it sounds. After N-Years on Development its not that easy change things like Network Code... and there is not only network, you need to add UI, menu mechanics, change Matchmaking paramenters....

Game Development on this Level is not easy.

If you communicate why this is necessary and compensate all players with free champion status or something, I'm sure most of them would understand. it's temporary anyway. Way better than making all new players quit in droves.

Yeah i agree with you. More communication would help alot! I hope they change their strategy and involve players more into dev process. I had no problem with removing gear stats at all. Gearstats is not needed at all.

If you release a game, either release a finished product, or delay the release date. The current practise is just crippling Ubisoft's reputation and sales, let alone the game.
If you think this business practise is acceptable, you're a part of the problem.

Release a Game sounds simple... or delay the release date. There are so many problems and parameters in this process, its hard to do a good release.
But yes the practise of Ubisoft is not good at all. But all of you bought the game, although you knew it was a ubsioft product.

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Are you a programmer? If you are, then you know thats its not so simple as it sounds. After N-Years on Development its not that easy change things like Network Code... and there is not only network, you need to add UI, menu mechanics, change Matchmaking paramenters....

Game Development on this Level is not easy.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you need a proper, functioning matchmaking system from the very launch of the game. If you don't and you can't implement it in time, remove gear stats until you fixed matchmaking, then re-introduce it.

I can code. No complex games. I would have programmed a proper matchmaking ahead in time, sonsidering how crucial fair matchmaking is in a skill-based fighting game. Since that one's out of the window, I'd try to communicate with the community and find a timely solution, before my game dies in the cradle.

You'd be surprised how positive people can react to communication.

Yeah i agree with you. More communication would help alot! I hope they change their strategy and involve players more into dev process. I had no problem with removing gear stats at all. Gearstats is not needed at all.

Neither would I. Cosmetics are a fine reward. Gear stats only bring further imbalance.

Release a Game sounds simple... or delay the release date. There are so many problems and parameters in this process, its hard to do a good release.
But yes the practise of Ubisoft is not good at all. But all of you bought the game, although you knew it was a ubsioft product.

We bought the game on the premise that it's as good as the beta, which turned out not to be the case. Controls are significantly worse, guardbreak is now an issue and we're waiting 2 weeks for a simple hotfix, matchmaking is horrible as hell, overall network stability is worse than in both betas combined and the game's still bug-ridden to boot.

In 2017 people should not only expect a finished product no matter what publisher is involved, they should get one.