PDA

View Full Version : Almost 2 weeks in and no Events?

TheSmogMonster
02-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Does this worry anyone else? You would expect that during launch week, they'd have all their systems firing on full gear, but it's been almost 2 weeks and no events at all. Are they supposed to be only for holidays or something? If so then why even have the event order pane up constantly?

Hogmin
02-26-2017, 09:36 AM
They were pretty buggy in the tests in my experience, things like not getting rewards properly and such.
So perhaps they're waiting until they've worked it all out?

Could also be that they're just waiting to fix other, more pressing issues before bothering with 'em.

Redrona
02-26-2017, 09:43 AM
I thought the event can only be showed up if a faction manage to siege the other faction's castle (final place).

Alchemist-21-
02-26-2017, 10:05 AM
I thought the event can only be showed up if a faction manage to siege the other faction's castle (final place).

The open Beta had a simple community event to get x amount of Dominion games played within the time limit. We completed the challenge and I never heard of any issues getting the rewards from them (which were given in and stayed in the Beta).

Skvillritz could be right that they're waiting to fix other issues first.

Varicose_Veins
02-26-2017, 10:11 AM
Does this worry anyone else? You would expect that during launch week, they'd have all their systems firing on full gear, but it's been almost 2 weeks and no events at all. Are they supposed to be only for holidays or something? If so then why even have the event order pane up constantly?

Yes I pointed this out a few days ago. Bizarre for a game with Esport aspirations.

And the Community Manager has not posted once in this General Discussion forum since release...

Regrettably Ubisoft is no Blizzard/Riot/Valve.

You only have to look at the way this primitive forum is spammed by ads and requires a captcha code each time you post to get an idea of the level of professionalism behind the scenes. The p2p thing too is bordering on farcical.

zwaggs33
02-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Yes I pointed this out a few days ago. Bizarre for a game with Esport aspirations.

And the Community Manager has not posted once in this General Discussion forum since release...

Regrettably Ubisoft is no Blizzard/Riot/Valve.

You only have to look at the way this primitive forum is spammed by ads and requires a captcha code each time you post to get an idea of the level of professionalism behind the scenes. The p2p thing too is bordering on farcical.

I keep seeing people say they have to put in codes to make a post, and I haven't experienced this once. Wonder why that is...

Most_Blunted
02-26-2017, 11:24 AM
They already did a "Servers down on weekend" event, was pretty nice. The challenge was to try to load the game and get a green NAT status.