PDA

View Full Version : A solution to fix ganking players (and dominion, ellimination, skirmish)

vakitaki
02-26-2017, 08:26 AM
Most of the time 1v2,3,4 situations kill the heart of this game: the combat system. Let me tell you my idea how to make it more enjoyable:
Imagine that you are in guard mode against a player and another player attacks you from side. If you managed to block this attack, that player would fall. This would punish those who want to interupt your duel. They still can guardbreak you. With this change I think people wouldn't attack somebody in a duel. What dou you think?

Alchemist-21-
02-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Most of the time 1v2,3,4 situations kill the heart of this game: the combat system. Let me tell you my idea how to make it more enjoyable:
Imagine that you are in guard mode against a player and another player attacks you from side. If you managed to block this attack, that player would fall. This would punish those who want to interupt your duel. They still can guardbreak you. With this change I think people wouldn't attack somebody in a duel. What dou you think?

Activating Revenge mode while someone attacks you will knock them down. The entire Revenge mechanic was put into the game because they got feedback that getting outnumbered was overwhelming.

Exaffect
02-26-2017, 08:49 AM
Activating Revenge mode while someone attacks you will knock them down. The entire Revenge mechanic was put into the game because they got feedback that getting outnumbered was overwhelming.

Tbf, revenge mode is easily countered.

Zerxis001
02-26-2017, 09:09 AM
I just don't see the point. "Ganking" is a ridiculous word that is far too often thrown around considering the 4v4 modes are specifically designed for team fights not 1v1. You have got to see that that was the goal the developers were trying to achieve. Absolutely nothing in dominion or skirmish should lead you to believe otherwise. Elimination is debatable.

zwaggs33
02-26-2017, 09:19 AM
There already is a solution in place to prevent ganking. Play duels.

Tyrjo
02-26-2017, 09:25 AM
If they in some way could implement a scoring mechanism for being honorable and not join in the gank of someone, I think that would help. Maybe there already is? At least I don't know of it.

BrudaVoo
02-26-2017, 09:31 AM
I just don't see the point. "Ganking" is a ridiculous word that is far too often thrown around considering the 4v4 modes are specifically designed for team fights not 1v1. You have got to see that that was the goal the developers were trying to achieve. Absolutely nothing in dominion or skirmish should lead you to believe otherwise. Elimination is debatable.

Agree. This is not a real "Gank", like in WOW, where full EPIC loot hero or Horde comes into the city if ALLANCE and kills 1 lvl players. In For Honor it is OK because it is a team play (if we talk about Skirmish, etc). In any team play game you can attack one guy with all your team, it is his problemt or the problems of his team that they dont run all together or they just run wherever they want and etc (of course some players can play with headphones and mics but it can be done also, you can gather a team and play like a team with mics).
So, that is not correct devoting real "gank" to For Honor team plays.

Alchemist-21-
02-26-2017, 09:38 AM
If they in some way could implement a scoring mechanism for being honorable and not join in the gank of someone, I think that would help. Maybe there already is? At least I don't know of it.

There is a [1v1]Honorable Bonus that pops up if you win a 1v1 in the 4v4 modes. And since the last seamless update I've also noticed a [2v2]Honorable bonus for a 2v2 fight, and a 1v2 and 1v3 bonus if you're the 1 and win out against multiple enemies. Of course these are all bonuses that reward you for being in the fight, not staying out of it (but it's pretty counter-productive to reward people for not actually playing the game).

There are valid reasons to not gang up on an enemy, but sometimes ganging up is the best option. Different situations call for different tactics.

Exaffect
02-26-2017, 09:43 AM
Agree. This is not a real "Gank", like in WOW, where full EPIC loot hero or Horde comes into the city if ALLANCE and kills 1 lvl players. In For Honor it is OK because it is a team play (if we talk about Skirmish, etc). In any team play game you can attack one guy with all your team, it is his problemt or the problems of his team that they dont run all together or they just run wherever they want and etc (of course some players can play with headphones and mics but it can be done also, you can gather a team and play like a team with mics).
So, that is not correct devoting real "gank" to For Honor team plays.

Team play lol. More like those sea gulls in finding dory. Mine, mine, mine! *gulls swarm around kill" mine mine MINE!

CarnivalLaw
02-26-2017, 01:17 PM
No. Stop trying to control how people play 4v4 modes. Play Duel and Brawl and STFU.

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 01:53 PM
You obviously don't like anything but 1 vs 1 and are attempting to force duelling into a team mode. Stop it.
Dominion is by far the most popular mode in the game.
1 vs 1 Duel is by far the least popular mode in the game.
People like the chaos.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-26-2017, 03:54 PM
You are NOT in a duel if you're in a 4v4 match when you and another player are fighting. You're in a matchup against another player. Duels are done ONLY in 1v1 and if you're not able to understand that, then you're the problem.