PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade materials ... piles of it!!

Bane0310
02-26-2017, 08:13 AM
I have like 12000+ upgrade materials and I don't see that number ever going down. I get new gear and 99.9%of the time I scrap it adding to the pile of materials. Why cant we sell gear instead of scrapping it, like an optional thing? Sell then for steel. I need steel I don't need materials. At least I see no need for them as of yet. Upgrading gear is almost pointless since it does almost nothing.

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-26-2017, 08:16 AM
I have like 12000+ upgrade materials and I don't see that number ever going down. I get new gear and 99.9%of the time I scrap it adding to the pile of materials. Why cant we sell gear instead of scrapping it, like an optional thing? Sell then for steel. I need steel I don't need materials. At least I see no need for them as of yet. Upgrading gear is almost pointless since it does almost nothing.

I agree there needs to be a sell function, but also 12k isnt really that much sadly. getting a character to max gear score takes a ton. Took me 15k or moreish to go from gs85-108

Warp_11
02-26-2017, 08:18 AM
I have a rep 5 Lawbringer and I haven't upgraded a single gear piece since open Beta. I think I have around 11500 knight scraps in my inventory. Obviously, steel is the limiting component and I'd rather spend it on a cool ornament or emote than on upgrading gear. I actually saved up enough steel to buy 15K mythical costume(with hellfire effects) and 7K execution for Lawbringer. I haven't unlocked other heroes though...

Alchemist-21-
02-26-2017, 08:40 AM
Couldn't agree more about wanting a sell function or a way to convert salvage into steel. I plan on upgrading to max gear but I never upgraded my common and rare gear so I had a stockpile of salvage, and then spending 2k and 5k steel on champion status and the emote I wanted offset my steel so that I'm only upgrading occasionally while having 11k salvage I could use.

I doubt we'll ever see it because I think ubisoft wants us to spend money on their shop to get more steel (which is probably why all the emotes and outfits are so high).

AxeUaQuestion
03-15-2017, 04:44 PM
agreed

zide-
03-15-2017, 05:00 PM
But how would you then spend real money on steel packs if you got steel from selling gear?

Captain-Courage
03-15-2017, 05:23 PM
But how would you then spend real money on steel packs if you got steel from selling gear?

Yup, exactly that.
That's why they put a unused gear > recycling ressources mechanic, and not unsed gear > steel.

Captain-Courage
03-15-2017, 05:26 PM

Yup, exactly that.
That's why they put a unused gear > recycling ressources mechanic, and not unsed gear > steel.

teksuo1
03-15-2017, 05:30 PM
i got over 50k of them on the knights.. pretty useless. wish i could trade them in for anything more useful.. at a terrible ratio if need be.

cragar212
03-15-2017, 05:58 PM
Yes if you could trade it for steel at a 10:1 ratio I'd be happy