PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that Samurai is losing lands during the outage?

TKCSeeSpotKnif
02-26-2017, 05:19 AM
I would very much like to know why my samurai companions and I are losing lands during this server outage. I mean... the only way that's possible is if players from other factions are taking them... which means they are playing.

Which is a complete breakdown of any semblance of balance.

Which leads me to wonder how this is possible.

How is it possible? That I am unable to defend my territory. That I have claimed, through strategic deployment of assets.

More to the point, why has there been a change to anything while there is a majority subset of players who cannot access anything.

I'm not normally paranoid - but since the other factions seem to be claiming territory, the implication is rather obvious.

It's called cheating.

gerrardh
02-26-2017, 05:20 AM
The vikings have lost a lot more we gone from winning to losing but hey they like to f us over

Fuzzybutts
02-26-2017, 05:20 AM
Welcome to why 90% of the playerbase stopped caring about the faction war during the closed beta.

TKCSeeSpotKnif
02-26-2017, 05:25 AM
No one should be losing anything during an outage.

No one should be able to join - otherwise it isn't an outage - it's broken profiles.

In which case, don't call it an outage. Also don't release broken products.

Also as a side note, I don't think Vikings being screwed over is Ubisofts intent. It's just a friendly agreement we civilized factions have. That is to say, destroy the uncivilized and get back to killing each other as god intended. Skill against skill alone.

ThePollie
02-26-2017, 05:27 AM
Are you all seriously that concerned about the faction war? The reward is, what, a few loot boxes?

CaptianBeetle
02-26-2017, 05:30 AM
Because it is not a complete outage. The Devs have already stated that Xbox players seem to be able to join just fine. The problem is occurring with PC and PS4

There are people still playing. Therefore the faction map is changing.

TKCSeeSpotKnif
02-26-2017, 05:41 AM
I'm not really concerned about the faction war Per Se. What I am concerned about is fairness.

I am not allowed to move my chess pieces when you are away from the table. Nothing stops me from doing it necessarily - other than it is against the rules. I cannot make a bet out of turn. Nor can I roll the dice before the GM requires a check.

These are known as rules. Rules are what define games. Rules are what make games fun. When someone starts breaking rules - one must either revise the game entirely such as is the case with collectible card games, or eliminate that player from the game.

In essence - I am less concerned with the outcome of the faction war, more concerned with the fact that it's changing during a time in which purportedly no one can access the game.

The faction war, like most competitive games is a Zero-Sum game. There is only one winner. Zero-Sum games must be balanced according to the consented rules. And those rules MUST NOT change during the course of gameplay. Otherwise you invalidate the meaning of the game, and the consequences of victory and failure.

Moreover, when the game changes halfway through - the game has taught the player nothing. And has gone from a useful investment of time, to a useless bit of amusement.

I assume we are all here to feel a sense of accomplishment? To win according to the rules? If you are not I'm not going to judge you, some people must win at everything at all costs. However, if winning the game is so important to you that you refuse to learn from defeat - you may have something wrong inside.

I love to win; but I love to lose almost as much. I love the thrill of victory, and I also love the challenge of defeat. - Lou Gehrig
You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat. - Christy Mathewson
There's a victory, and defeat; the first and best of victories, the lowest and worst of defeats which each man gains or sustains at the hands not of another, but of himself. - Plato

Woeful is the soul that knows only victory, for when the bitter taste of defeat comes, that soul shall weather it poorly. - Me

rezfeber
02-26-2017, 05:45 AM
No one should be able to place assets unless the servers are up for all platforms. They need dedicated serves asap or else they will start losing their players very quickly.

TKCSeeSpotKnif
02-26-2017, 05:55 AM
That's kinda what I'm suggesting. If there is a known issue, faction war should freeze. No more turns, no more capturing, etc. Until it's fixed. No one gets to move their chess pieces until everyone can.

The fact that Samurai has lost 9 during the outage shows me quite clearly that they have been shafted by the outage moreso than other players. Which again it's faction war, I don't really care. But what bothers me is fairness. And the fact that I cant go defend my hard, and rightfully earned lands, is unfair.