PDA

View Full Version : Gank fest

Exaffect
02-26-2017, 04:05 AM
Everything turns into a gang fest beyond 2v2. If you want to earn your name "for honor", perhaps encourage honorable play, eh? I know. Crazy concept.

King-Squish
02-26-2017, 04:09 AM
its for honor not with honor lol

SiewcaRaka
02-26-2017, 04:13 AM
Everything turns into a gang fest beyond 2v2. If you want to earn your name "for honor", perhaps encourage honorable play, eh? I know. Crazy concept.

And where on seven hells have you imagined that fights will be honourable? Dude. You gain honor by winning, not by "how" you are winning. Samurais got honor for how much heads of important enemies they brought and sometimes there was friendly fights over those heads. No where in the world the was never such thing as honourable fight to the death. And then combat sports came with their funny rules like "don't kick me in a crotch cause it hurts" and martial arts cried.

Brunn_MgAmadd
02-26-2017, 04:15 AM
. And then combat sports came with their funny rules like "don't kick me in a crotch cause it hurts" and martial arts cried.

roflmao :d

honor in fights is for low stakes, if your life is on the line, who cares if u kick them on the crotch or poke their eyes as long as you live to tell the tale :P

Panzer_Cmndr
02-26-2017, 04:18 AM
Its all about the Ganka Style. Those that gank the fastest and the most win, hands down. I dont like it, just understand that the lowest common denominator will be the one most go to, same with OP classes. Want to know what class(es) are OP? Look at the ones most people use.

pancakerz
02-26-2017, 04:23 AM
git gud.

seriously though, people are going to gank whether you want them to or not. All you can do is get better yourself, and figure out a strategy to deal with it when it happens. The game isn't going to change, and the people aren't going to adhere to some unwritten rule that YOU think they should follow. so git gud and utilize that revenge meter. That's what it's there for after all.

SiewcaRaka
02-26-2017, 04:23 AM
roflmao :d

honor in fights is for low stakes, if your life is on the line, who cares if u kick them on the crotch or poke their eyes as long as you live to tell the tale :P

Precisely! Throw them some sand in the eyes, before you kick that will work as well. But then...came boxing, kickboxing, they even change whole martial art for combat sports(muay thai). Rules created Kendo as some parody to Kenjutsu. Competitiveness requires rules, but with those how can you know which one is truly better fighter if they were unable to prove it by doing everything they can?

Brunn_MgAmadd
02-26-2017, 04:30 AM
The thing is that honor in war(battle) is an illusion because we romanticize war...
war isnt pretty and never was.

Ligalaizit
02-26-2017, 04:34 AM
just play duels and seek the honor you are looking for :cool:

Panzer_Cmndr
02-26-2017, 04:36 AM
The thing is that honor in war(battle) is an illusion because we romanticize war...
war isnt pretty and never was.

Have you ever been in one?

Brunn_MgAmadd
02-26-2017, 04:39 AM
and the sad part (yeah i romanticize war too :\ ) is that the one who use all means available are the ones who win, and you really cant cry "foul" if you are laying dead on the floor...

TKCSeeSpotKnif
02-26-2017, 04:40 AM

This need not be taken to mean that a sense of honor is really a defect in a general. What Sun Tzu condemns is rather an exaggerated sensitiveness to slanderous reports, the thin-skinned man who is stung by opprobrium, however undeserved. Mei Yao-ch`en truly observes, though somewhat paradoxically: "The seek after glory should be careless of public opinion." - Sun Tzu The Art of War

The sense of Honor, a vivid consciousness of personal dignity and worth, characterized the samurai. He was born and bred to value the duties and privileges of his profession. Fear of disgrace hung like a sword over the head of every samurai … To take offense at slight provocation was ridiculed as ‘short-tempered.’ As the popular adage put it: ‘True patience means bearing the unbearable.’ - Bushido, the Soul of Japan, by Inazo Nitobe

What is this honor you speak of?

You are talking about chivalry. Honor IS Victory - you are a fool if you believe otherwise. If honor is best then I ask you. What is best in life?

"To see your enemies driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of thier women." - Conan the Barbarian

There is nothing less honorable about 4v1 than 1v1. The only honor goes to those who survived the battle.

Brunn_MgAmadd
02-26-2017, 04:41 AM

fortunately no, but there are enough wars going on for one to see.
and history also shows this...

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 05:38 AM
The honour comes from returning home and telling the boss Knight ...
"You know that samurai fort you wanted us to attack, well, we attacked it, killed everyone in it and it now belongs to us, my Lord"
You then sit in the place of honour.
You are honoured by your fellow Knights.
Your fellow Knights raise a glass of ale in your honour.
Your fellow Knights write songs and tales that honour you.
This is FOR honour.

No one cares how many people you pushed over ledges, down ladders, or onto spiked walls, and no one asks if you did it all one on one.

Exaffect
02-26-2017, 05:41 AM
So many people scared of 1v1 incentive.

Black_Star300
02-26-2017, 05:45 AM
Yea, no. I tried for a week to fight honorably and I'm tired of it. I don't care anymore. Usually when I fight with honor I lose because of my nature. Now I'm gonna choose to win. F everyone else. I even had a team of salty *** players that left because of it. The other team in a brawl left and even my partner left. Whatever. Because I choose to win you're gonna leave? It still counts for me and I get rewards and don't have to deal with you.

The greatest thing happened the other day. I threw my opponent off a ledge and I stood "idly" by waiting for the perfect moment and when my teammates opponent went right in front of a wall of spikes I bashed them into it. Great glory for me....

SiewcaRaka
02-26-2017, 05:46 AM

When we feel like we want to play 1v1 we go play duels. When we want war we play other modes. You should try it :D

ZoB.Raymond
02-26-2017, 05:48 AM

And you, smart ***, have you ? If no then well shut up, if yes then you know he's right. You don't make war to be nice to the ennemy and let him do his ****, you make war to win. It's not a game, it's war ! ;)

lBryanFury
02-26-2017, 05:51 AM
As i wrote on the DCoH i'll repeat here:

This is a ******* war. There is no honor in war than get your life back to home. That is the only code to follow. Kill or Die, no matter the situation or the numbers.

As i follow that TRUE code of war, i don't complain on those that does the same against me. War is war, all means are good means... sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

If you are unable, for any reason, to control a chaotic situation with more than 1 enemy at time, then, play 1v1 and be happy with it.

Wars in these kind of games are fought with numbers, offensive power, strategy, and, most important, TEAMPLAY and COORDINATION... not with "Plix plox sir, duel or i ragequit".

TKCSeeSpotKnif
02-26-2017, 05:51 AM

Eh, I play a warden main, 1v1 is sorta the only thing I'm gloriously amazing at. Because of crushing counterstrike.

Exaffect
02-26-2017, 06:17 AM
The issue is not that I want 1v1 in 4v4 but that the combat system is designed for more precise play. I'm not asking for it to restrict ganking and dumbfkery, I'm suggesting better incentive to fight in a way that compliments the system.

As it stands now, these matches are people running around grappling, etc. Is that really fun for players? Skirmish is everything that's wrong with the toxicity of this game. Point hungry players hitting their team mates and acting like they're in competition with each other.

Games need to promote what works for their gameplay.

If for honor had a better system that complimented the 4v4 system then I'd agree with most of you but it doesn't and the lack of incentive works against its own mechanics.

You should get penalties for hitting your team and a dishonorable kills should be insignificant points. This doesn't prevent banking but it will make people more likely to actually fight.

TKCSeeSpotKnif
02-26-2017, 06:26 AM
I get bonus all the time for "Honorable 1v1" etc etc, only it was 1v3 and I killed all of them. What you're proposing already exists. It takes you from perk lvl 0 to 4 in seconds.

Exaffect
02-26-2017, 06:41 AM
I get bonus all the time for "Honorable 1v1" etc etc, only it was 1v3 and I killed all of them. What you're proposing already exists. It takes you from perk lvl 0 to 4 in seconds.

That's an insignificant bonus and incentive. Most players have their abilities half way in the match. Incentive gone.

Revenge is their "penalty" to being outnumbered and players are still asking for changes/nerfs to revenge. Again, the issue is that we single target in this game and while switching targets is relatively easy, not every class has a good zone attack, etc.

It turns this game into (since we're talking about rl war and military) village people with pitch forks (not trained soldiers) and kills half the appeal to its system. Just my two cents.

If the base and the devs are content with that, fine, I can get my fill of the combat system in more intimate modes but it's simply a shame that every game turns into this and then players at their computers cry, "lolol war is hell" while for honor's great combat system is reduced to this.

Again, penalties to hitting your teammates. Thimgs like that.