PDA

View Full Version : I will continue playing the game

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 03:29 AM
Dear fellow man,

If medieval warfare is your thing, you know exactly why you love For Honor.

You know, that you waited for something like this - practicly for decades.

You also know that there is nothing else on the market that even resembles it right now.

Therefore, you will also keep playing, no matter what.

If you are just exploring this genre, and think it's "meh", not your cup of tea etc, you will leave, and we will never see you again.

This is a good time for you to get your refund, or perhaps take a break, play the games you love and enjoy, come back a bit later, when things have stabilized.

It doesn't really matter why you are here, but this is time to listen to a silent voice of reason.

These whine and moan threads are making situation worse, that is a fact.

For developers it's hard to track what's going on, for us it paints a very grim picture of a game that is dieing, crippled broken, etc.

Which, on multiple levels, it is - yes.

But then again, this is Ubisoft that we are talking about,

Are we really that shocked to see a borked Ubisoft game launch?
As if that never happened before?

The thing is, it's only been what, 12 days?

Look, I'm as salty as the next person, but let us try and hold our composure.

It's a good time to either really get a refund, and move on, or if you know for a fact, that you will continue to be playing the game, no matter how many flaws it has - then it's time for you to take a little break, have a deep breath, and have a little faith in the developers.

I own a small IT company, and I know first hand, that when something goes wrong, the absolutely worse thing to follow is a crushed morale.

Insulting Ubisoft, telling how crap their game is, threatening to refund even tho you don't mean to, will not fix the game any sooner, but it will make things worse.

For example, if some business developer or share-holder from Ubisoft is looking at the dumpster-fire that these forums currently are, who know's what kind of impression they can get, especially when they don't really care about the mechanics of the game but care only for profits.

They may assume that the launch is more of a failure than it actually is, and start concidering pulling the plug.

Would you like that to happen?

Would it make you feel any better if an official comment came from Ubisoft saying, well you guys are right, we done goofed, the game is dead, here's your money back, see you in the next cartoon?

I personaly do not want that, I like For Honor, its fu'cked quite badly, but I can't help but love it.

I am pretty confident that by the time of summer all what's happening now will be a thing of the past, and we will all be laughing about it.

Unless, ofcourse, we scuttle the ship, then we won't have anything.

Before you make another mean-hearted thread, please, reconsider.

Kind regard,
Aaron

xDoomBeard
02-26-2017, 03:38 AM
bless your soul

EDIT: I almost guarantee that 99% of these people opening polls and threads with threats of chargebacks will be back in and playing the game as soon as it's back up. It's sadly just the generation of whiny entitled crybabys who freak out the instant something goes wrong and instantly start with the threats and finger pointing.

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 03:42 AM
bless your soul

EDIT: I almost guarantee that 99% of these people opening polls and threads with threats of chargebacks will be back in and playing the game as soon as it's back up. It's sadly just the generation of whiny entitled crybabys who freak out the instant something goes wrong and instantly start with the threats and finger pointing.

Quite. o7

Couldn't agree more

pancakerz
02-26-2017, 03:43 AM
I would also like to point out that people are whining over basically nothing. I bought Gears 4 on launch day and let me tell you, that game was an abomination of poor design choices. It released in November, and the forums are probably still on fire and the devs are probably still not responding.

If the issues with Gears of War 4 were a broken arm, For Honor would be a scraped leg or a stubbed toe. I've been loving this game and have experienced almost no lag at any given time. My only real issue has been the servers today, but that will get fixed eventually. I'm sure we'll all survive for a few days without the game.

Zerxis001
02-26-2017, 03:46 AM
The game is already good imo and will get better as they make improvements.

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 03:52 AM
The game is already good imo and will get better as they make improvements.

It is definitely already the best launch Ubisoft ever had :p

I'm quite positive in the future of FH, just some time is needed

Zeo
02-26-2017, 04:06 AM
I demand all of my dropped game's champion status be refunded to the second to my account, so I can use them when the "server" is unbroken.

SiewcaRaka
02-26-2017, 04:14 AM
I would also like to point out that people are whining over basically nothing. I bought Gears 4 on launch day and let me tell you, that game was an abomination of poor design choices. It released in November, and the forums are probably still on fire and the devs are probably still not responding.

If the issues with Gears of War 4 were a broken arm, For Honor would be a scraped leg or a stubbed toe. I've been loving this game and have experienced almost no lag at any given time. My only real issue has been the servers today, but that will get fixed eventually. I'm sure we'll all survive for a few days without the game.

Hey! Gears 4 rocked! MY FCKING TOMATOES!

pancakerz
02-26-2017, 04:17 AM
I demand all of my dropped game's champion status be refunded to the second to my account, so I can use them when the "server" is unbroken.

next time try "I respectfully request all of my dropped... etc etc."

ZoB.Raymond
02-26-2017, 04:34 AM
Yes, I will be back on the game because I also love it. Yes, I opened a threat to complain.

Because you know what ? I bought almost all recent Ubisoft game and keep getting the same problems. Don't you think that there is a moment when they should show contrition ? They are litteraly scaming people. And I choosed my word. Say whatever you want, this is also a fact. When I bought a ferrari, I don't want to be delivered a ****ing twingo with only two weels.

And if I have to be insulted, trolled, or whatever because I complain that I had a twingo with wheels then okay, no problem. That won't stop me from trying to get what I paid for.

And that's people like me, who are making things evolve. Because if no one never say anything, nothing would change.

Huldrych-ZX
02-26-2017, 05:08 AM
Yes, we will continue to play the game. Congratulations! You discovered America! -.-

Of course we will, dipshˇt, the game is awesome. Your point, however, misses the mark on the complains that the community is rising (aside from the childish rants). While the campaing was entertaining, well pulled off and fighting bots can, at points, be fun too, pretty much no one bought this game for single player. Picture this: This new "enhanced P2P" works as intended, better than it did it the beta with astonishing tracking of movements and almost no matchmaking issues. Who would be complaining? The anger arises as it doesn't work 1) as promoted, and 2) as it could work if they had used another online system. While I've never complain about this p2p system it's still frustrating to get lag killed and disconnected minutes before a match ends. Still I won't complaing FOR AS LONG AS IT WORKS AND DOESN'T KEEP FCKING UP MY MATCHES/BLOCKS/PARRIES. For a game that is not cheap to acquire, one that with trailers; Q&A; official posts and alpha and beta testing made a really well impresion, people has all the rights to have high expectations that should be met.

Plus, forget not what happend with AC Unity. That game was soooooo poorly crafted that they had to give away the DLC for free and a whole game for season pass buyers.

With this and other past experiences that cost money and leave the community with a feelling of being unfulfilled and scammed for their money keeping more attention to fundamental things as of mantaining a proper online sytem for a, you guessed it, online only game shouldn't be so lightly taken specially since the community pointed out several issues with it... DURING ALPHA, EVEN BEFORE IT AND AFTER.

I ummm... like the game. Can't say I love it yet as there're, in my opinion, some aspects of certain characters and others of the whole fighiting system that need to be balanced out, but most importantly... because I just can't play it as much as I'd like. For a game that, you can tell on your first match, was put so much love and dedication into the little details that make it unique and fun it's most infuriating that poor bussiness decision are killing it from its core, affecting gameplay and its overall impresion on the community and the market.

TuSkiLLd
02-26-2017, 05:31 AM
Totally agree with a lot of the rants on here right now. For one of the top major gaming companies, we have had this same situation before again and again. Not to mentio. Ghost recon is right around the corner. For Ubi to have a strictly online game knowing their track record and to still have things go wrong does feel like you bought a unfinished product, which in any other business would be totally unacceptable.

So yea for a multi-million dollar company to not invest in the equipment and people in order to stand behind their product is inexcusable.

Fuzzybutts
02-26-2017, 05:35 AM
This is why I normally wait a week or two to buy Ubisoft stuff. It all tends to smooth out later on, if it doesn't I just drop it. For Honor kinda clung onto my inner dark souls nerdisms after the betas tho.

It just turns out the village idiots are also the loudest, and the village idiots also all still preorder games in a market where AAA devs are rarely focused on providing a finished product.