PDA

View Full Version : Probably time for Ubi to pay us for not having a working product, and security risks

Varangian_Wolf
02-26-2017, 02:56 AM
Been a couple weeks now. On top of that, there is a verifiable community of testers that warned Ubi the ENTIRE beta, since middle of last year; not to do P2P.
Since release, the ability to play the game consistently has been shody at best.
Its starting to become time for the players to get their cut from the BS that we have been fed; and for Ubi to pay for NOT listening to their testers and releasing a product that is a security risk to EVERY player, and furthermore, unplayable for sometimes hours at a time.

Ubisoft needs to reimburse players who have purchased to product at least in part; especially anyone who has purchased a pass. OR there needs to be a class action lawsuit brought to Ubi at this point. They have an entire community they have trashed and lied to.

There is VIRTUALLY NO COMMUNICATION between the developers and their players regarding fixes, progression, or implementation of new servers. A note was sent out discussing cheating... which is IRRELEVANT at this point since the game is not playable. So far, the entire weekend pretty much.

This game was not ready for official release apparently, and they have completely ruined the experience for weeks now with a cheaply designed P2P system; and that's just for starters...

On top of this, any one of us players can actually pull up the IP's of anyone else in the match with third a party program that you can download for free online. In any match. This which means if I put my comp on the DMZ IP list to open my NAT, I can be hacked WITHOUT ANY kind of safety net; and the Red NAT can only really be fixed if you enable your IP on the DMZ list.

I think its about time Ubi pays us. I spent 100 dollars on a game that I cant even play. I have to endure a high level security risk to my computer every time I log in.

Time to pay us back Ubi. I think we are all pretty much over your game.

Varicose_Veins
02-26-2017, 03:02 AM
It's very sad. This game is wasting enormous potential.

Seems like only yesterday Ubisoft were holding their big promotion with celebrities on Twitch and they were over the moon with their product and response to it in the betas.

Now look where we are. :-(

Literally 10's or maybe 100's of thousands of people not playing because of technical issues and many won't come back or are getting refunds.

pancakerz
02-26-2017, 03:08 AM
I spent 100 dollars on a game that I cant even play.

that's a straight up lie, the single player is working. Server issues would affect any online game

Tillo.
02-26-2017, 03:15 AM
that's a straight up lie, the single player is working. Server issues would affect any online game

We bought a game to play online. Otherwise we would wait for someone to crack it and play it offline.
And the online gaming here is screwed up, it is defective. I have never experienced long matchmaking queues, pasuses when someone leaves, crashes when host leaves, constant errors in other games. All of that happens here only, so it is broken.

zwaggs33
02-26-2017, 03:16 AM
I'm not over it.

pancakerz
02-26-2017, 03:31 AM
We bought a game to play online. Otherwise we would wait for someone to crack it and play it offline.
And the online gaming here is screwed up, it is defective. I have never experienced long matchmaking queues, pasuses when someone leaves, crashes when host leaves, constant errors in other games. All of that happens here only, so it is broken.

You must not play a lot of games then because I've experienced all of those things.
In fact, I'm not sure why, but p2p games with weird connection issues usually end up being some of my favourite games. Halo 3, CoD 4, Gears 1. I have fond memories of each, and likewise with For Honor so far. I'm sure it was nothing at all to do with p2p vs dedicated servers, but it's still an interesting trend.

xDoomBeard
02-26-2017, 03:33 AM
Been a couple weeks now. On top of that, there is a verifiable community of testers that warned Ubi the ENTIRE beta, since middle of last year; not to do P2P.
Since release, the ability to play the game consistently has been shody at best.
Its starting to become time for the players to get their cut from the BS that we have been fed; and for Ubi to pay for NOT listening to their testers and releasing a product that is a security risk to EVERY player, and furthermore, unplayable for sometimes hours at a time.

Ubisoft needs to reimburse players who have purchased to product at least in part; especially anyone who has purchased a pass. OR there needs to be a class action lawsuit brought to Ubi at this point. They have an entire community they have trashed and lied to.

There is VIRTUALLY NO COMMUNICATION between the developers and their players regarding fixes, progression, or implementation of new servers. A note was sent out discussing cheating... which is IRRELEVANT at this point since the game is not playable. So far, the entire weekend pretty much.

This game was not ready for official release apparently, and they have completely ruined the experience for weeks now with a cheaply designed P2P system; and that's just for starters...

On top of this, any one of us players can actually pull up the IP's of anyone else in the match with third a party program that you can download for free online. In any match. This which means if I put my comp on the DMZ IP list to open my NAT, I can be hacked WITHOUT ANY kind of safety net; and the Red NAT can only really be fixed if you enable your IP on the DMZ list.

I think its about time Ubi pays us. I spent 100 dollars on a game that I cant even play. I have to endure a high level security risk to my computer every time I log in.

Time to pay us back Ubi. I think we are all pretty much over your game.

Your current emotions are irrelevant, it's all just a passing phenomena in the entropic spacetime you call reality.

Seriously though one day of actual continued downtime and people are losing their damn minds, makes me laugh. It's spoiled rotten, entitled, cancerous plebs who threaten to hire lawyers to get their money refunded that ruin and kill good games. People need to lean patience.

feuerundblut
02-26-2017, 03:40 AM
When you have played Titanfall 2, you seriously can't forgive Ubisoft for making such a networking mess their game is in 2017. Like someone said in another thread, it seems the team who made the game and the team who made the server mechanisms are different. Cause if it had been the same team, you could have expected the same level of polishing in both areas.

I am very angry at moment cause I actually really like this game but half of the time I get disconnected or I have to shut it down because it is stuck in a stupid loop. I am not even talking about the matchmaking, which is really bad too and I have lots of screenshots to prove it.

They have to do something about it quickly because they are losing more and more players who can't stand this situation anymore. And with Mass Effect coming up soon, I might do the same.

Tillo.
02-26-2017, 02:03 PM
You must not play a lot of games then because I've experienced all of those things.
In fact, I'm not sure why, but p2p games with weird connection issues usually end up being some of my favourite games. Halo 3, CoD 4, Gears 1. I have fond memories of each, and likewise with For Honor so far. I'm sure it was nothing at all to do with p2p vs dedicated servers, but it's still an interesting trend.

I have played other p2p games and that's why I'm so pissed about the game being paused or crashing after host leaves. Didn't happen in other p2p games.

teksuo1
02-26-2017, 02:14 PM
i wouldn't worry about the security side of things too much. Many popular streamers run around on this game with a green nat and none of them reported issues (regarding being hacked or w/e) afaik.
They would make a better target than myself and they are fine.. why worry?

CarnivalLaw
02-26-2017, 02:17 PM
Yep. As with Destiny, we are paying beta testers for FH.

Gensui.Musashi
02-26-2017, 02:27 PM

they single player also isnt working most of the time for me and my friend

gringojay
02-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Your current emotions are irrelevant, it's all just a passing phenomena in the entropic spacetime you call reality.

Seriously though one day of actual continued downtime and people are losing their damn minds, makes me laugh. It's spoiled rotten, entitled, cancerous plebs who threaten to hire lawyers to get their money refunded that ruin and kill good games. People need to lean patience.

LOL. mate, go **** ya self. Entitled? Yeah entitled to get the product advertised that we payed for..... lol. mate if this was anything but a game you wouldn't be saying that. well I dunno you might but I'm guessing you wouldn't. actually anything is a big word and encompasses a lot of scenarios (all of them) so gg, nut up, and nut on my dude

Fuzzybutts
02-26-2017, 03:04 PM
I've yet to have any p2p issues that can't be described as 'first world problems' imho.

Tillo.
02-26-2017, 03:07 PM
@Legiioo what if you would have bought a car, and when you arrive to the car dealer you are told the car works fine but it has no wheels. Would you be satisfied?
This is what's happening with For Honor, it works but playing online is unbearable.

troops_2015
02-26-2017, 03:10 PM
I've yet to have any p2p issues that can't be described as 'first world problems' imho.

Glad too hear it, wanting to get what you paid for is not however a first world problem. Its all about the perception of what is fair and its so engrained that even some animals like chimps expect fair play. Why not Ubisoft customers?

Fuzzybutts
02-26-2017, 03:15 PM
Glad too hear it, wanting to get what you paid for is not however a first world problem. Its all about the perception of what is fair and its so engrained that even some animals like chimps expect fair play. Why not Ubisoft customers?

Idk. Primary issue is the fact there is too many variables at hand for a handful of people to be going 'it works fine' paired with another handful going 'it doesn't work at all'. Due to the literally millions of configurations of pc hardware, consoles, networking hardware, networking firmware, internet service providers, modems, network accessories, etc that exist there is going to be a mix of people with no issues and a mix of people with way too many issues to put up with.

In the case of pc gaming saying 'well it works for me' is essentially not the most valid excuse due to an excess of variables at play. The same can be said for p2p due to networking hardware discrepancies.

Basically, the game isn't too bad at all for the people that have that magic combination of working firmware/hardware on their connection and a good ISP it seems. I don't mind the occasional disconnect and since I mainly play the 1v1 mode the p2p isn't too heavily affecting my experience really.