PDA

View Full Version : AFK Players in Dominion PvE

Kuzan343
02-26-2017, 01:46 AM
I know a lot of people are complaining about this. But really who cares? "I'm constantly seeing people sit in spawn or run in circles in spawn getting free XP off every single game".
I personally don't blame them. Why are you people fighting against bots in the first place? For XP? For Bounties? Because you can't handle a real fight? You're basically doing the same thing! So you arent any different from them. Id be sitting in spawn getting free XP too if I constantly got disconnected. I'm sick of being connected to losing teams at the very end. Starting a game and going 15-1 then randomly getting disconnected leaving me with zero XP & Credits ect. As if I never played at all.. Its annoying as hell!!:mad: Especially when the game is 15 seconds from ending.

Solution: Completely take away Player vs. AI Or Take away the credits and XP you gain from completing an AI game.

Fix the servers...

Literally Three things Ubisoft needs to do.

UbiNoty
02-26-2017, 01:57 AM
Hi Kuzan343 - the team is aware of this issue and are looking into it. Please report players exploiting this to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) and we will look into it and issue the proper punishments. Thanks!

m3gas_
02-26-2017, 02:02 AM
Solution: Completely take away Player vs. AI Or Take away the credits and XP you gain from completing an AI game.

Yeah, sure if you wanna help kill off the player base even faster, you should demand Ubi do this... Like really man...

MyNameIsMicheal
02-26-2017, 02:08 AM
Yeah, sure if you wanna help kill off the player base even faster, you should demand Ubi do this... Like really man...

Agreed. I hate it with a passion. I can't always play pvp because i have a nervous system disorder that prevents me from pressing the buttons fast enough most times. So i can only play pvp which i do prefer, when i feel good.

I have sent several videos to ubisoft and i still run into the same people doing it..no action has been taken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeuq2e67-m8

iceDmeteL
02-26-2017, 02:12 AM
While the suggestion is dumb, I like how the Ubisoft rep didn't even bother reading the post before issuing his generic reply.

UbiNoty
02-26-2017, 02:16 AM
I apologize if it appears that I did not read the post (which I can assure you I did). My post was in the hopes that the current solution, while not perfect, will at least help in making the problem a little bit better for all players.

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 02:17 AM
While the suggestion is dumb, I like how the Ubisoft rep didn't even bother reading the post before issuing his generic reply.

I'm still waiting for their official statement against this, because I can't find anywhere in their own Code of Conduct that says it's against the rules to stay AFK in a game, and furthermore they made no posts at all saying they are condeming this, as far as we are concerned, who says that players can't afk? :confused::confused::confused:

iceDmeteL
02-26-2017, 02:20 AM
Alright fair enough. I've been using the in-game Report Griefer function, and then I leave the game because I'm not carrying some afk kid.

Another solution, if the player hasn't gained any points in a set amount of time, they get kicked no matter what even if they're moving around. If they get killed while sitting at an obj, they go back to spawn where they will contribute nothing to the team and then should get auto booted. You dont want to add a vote kick option? Fine, please improve the current measures, so at least we don't have to swamp your support team with reports.

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 02:23 AM
I apologize if it appears that I did not read the post (which I can assure you I did). My post was in the hopes that the current solution, while not perfect, will at least help in making the problem a little bit better for all players.

Mister representative person, could you please answer my question, where does it exactly say in the Code of Conduct and or anywhere officialy on the forums that it's against Ubisofts policy to stay AFK in a match?

I've been reading all over the forums, threads by people with pitchforks and torches, demanding to ban people who are as far as anyone is concerned not breaking any rules or regulations?

This is the most puzzling thing to me so far

Bane0310
02-26-2017, 02:28 AM
Mister representative person, could you please answer my question, where does it exactly say in the Code of Conduct and or anywhere officialy on the forums that it's against Ubisofts policy to stay AFK in a match?

I've been reading all over the forums, threads by people with pitchforks and torches, demanding to ban people who are as far as anyone is concerned not breaking any rules or regulations?

This is the most puzzling thing to me so far

It shouldn't be written anywhere for someone to know its not ok to be an jerk or a leech. since when do you need guidelines written down to be a decent human being?

Zerxis001
02-26-2017, 02:29 AM
Wow. So get rid of ai and by default I assume you also mean the story since it's ai also? How much of the player base do you think gets enjoyment from those two modes? Quite a bit more than you would agree to I'm sure.

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 02:37 AM
It shouldn't be written anywhere for someone to know its not ok to be an jerk or a leech. since when do you need guidelines written down to be a decent human being?

Oh, alright, what other imaginery rules and regulations should be followed?

Are we allowed to eat apple pie while playing a PvE game of dominion in For Honor or is that a bannable offence?

This may be shocking to you, but as long as you or me are not breaking any laws, there is not a single judicial system on Earth which can force us to follow any morality guidelines, especially if we don't give a crap about them.

What is moral or immoral to you, may be completely different to a person of different nationality, religion, or even political views.

Personally I couldn't care less about morality in life, and will do absolutely everything my heart desires, except for those things that the laws, or for example, terms and conditions of a service that I wish to use - state that I cannot do unless I want to face the consequences.

So my question, yet again, where exactly does it say that we as players are not allowed to stay AFK in a match of For Honor?

Because I've done my research of Ubisofts Code of Conduct and I simply cannot find such restrictions.

Zerxis001
02-26-2017, 02:43 AM
Ok you got us. It doesn't say it anywhere I promise. However. Your arrogant stance that it doesn't negatively impact people who go into those games and expect to get a good experience is beyond absurd.

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 02:53 AM
Ok you got us. It doesn't say it anywhere I promise. However. Your arrogant stance that it doesn't negatively impact people who go into those games and expect to get a good experience is beyond absurd.

Arogant or not, I never once said that it's neither a good thing, nor that I condone it, please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

All I said was, that these "burn the witches" threads, that keep popping up all over the forums, begging developers to prosecute players whom did absolutely nothing wrong as far as The Code of Conduct is concerned, are nothing short of ridiculous.

Ever seen one of these?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FWPZfl6gta8/Vw28Ns0t4FI/AAAAAAAAd1Y/I5FkyV1oWcovxcC6I8yfAcgw-0kPd2ovQ/w1208-h648/129150-figure-02.png

There is no sign, no fence, no warning what so ever, and a very well established path, but these threads are claiming that if a person takes the shortcut, they should be immediately apprehended and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

That's how laughable these threads are, the problem is not the users fault to begin with, and is easily fixable by putting up a sign or a fence preventing access, for starters.

Zerxis001
02-26-2017, 03:03 AM
Arogant or not, I never once said that it's neither a good thing, nor that I condone it, please refrain from putting words in my mouth..

Please tell me you see the irony in what you just wrote. In case not - I neither said you said it was a good thing nor did I say you condone it...words in mouths...I did say that you don't think it negatively impacts people, which you did, yet it does.

Anyway, I do agree that threads complaining about it are useless and I actually do agree that Ubisoft has no grounds to ban these people. My only point was that it is a nuisance and negatively impacts others who are trying to enjoy a mode that is in the game. Therefore Ubisoft should do something to remove the negative impact.

I'm out.

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 03:06 AM
Please tell me you see the irony in what you just wrote. In case not - I neither said you said it was a good thing nor did I say you condone it...words in mouths...I did say that you don't think it negatively impacts people, which you did, yet it does.

Anyway, I do agree that threads complaining about it are useless and I actually do agree that Ubisoft has no grounds to ban these people. My only point was that it is a nuisance and negatively impacts others who are trying to enjoy a mode that is in the game. Therefore Ubisoft should do something to remove the negative impact.

I'm out.

I had to check if I didn't leave a typo or I'm misunderstanding you, I hope it's not a language barier thing, as I said that I do think it's a negative thing, and I do not approve of it personaly, that's what I said with different wording.

My stance is that I am against AFK'ing, but that I am also against witch hunting of inocent players as it is in no way their fault, sorry for confusion

UbiNoty
02-26-2017, 03:16 AM
Please refer to our code of conduct (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571524-Code-of-Conduct).

Any conduct which interrupts the general flow of gameplay in the game client, forum, or any other Ubisoft medium is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to, spamming, advertising or soliciting other products.

We are committed to maintaining an enjoyable For Honor experience for our players and we will investigate and penalize any behavior that interferes with that.

Sarll
02-26-2017, 03:31 AM
Whether is PVP or PVAi, you score points twice as fast by guarding points A and C in dominion. Its kinda dumb not to have someone guarding them. I think the ones you are referring to are the guys actually just standing there afk not even trying to protect those points. Right?

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 03:40 AM
Please refer to our code of conduct (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571524-Code-of-Conduct).

We are committed to maintaining an enjoyable For Honor experience for our players and we will investigate and penalize any behavior that interferes with that.

Greetings, thank you for your reply.

I did infact refer to your company's code of conduct last night, the same link that you just shared, for roughly 3 hours.

And unless I am wrong ...

"Any conduct which interrupts the general flow of gameplay in the game client, forum, or any other Ubisoft medium is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to, spamming, advertising or soliciting other products."

... does not seem to be describing the issue at hand.

We are talking about players being afk, not actively trying to "interrupt the general flow of gameplay".

Being AFK sometimes is a core part of being a gamer, sometimes especially due to real live emergencies, you just have to get up and leave. It's not the players fault that the game continues running for 16 hours giving player the benefits, it simply isn't.

I am obviously not gonna argue about it with a representative, but my suggestion would be to make a very clear, official statement on the forums addressing the issue.

Because now, from reading your own Code of Conduct, it is incredibly easy to come to a conclusion that unless bots / scripts / macros are being used - it's ok to stay AFK in a game.

MyNameIsMicheal
02-26-2017, 04:36 AM

I did infact refer to your company's code of conduct last night, the same link that you just shared, for roughly 3 hours.

"Any conduct which interrupts the general flow of gameplay in the game client, forum, or any other Ubisoft medium is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to, spamming, advertising or soliciting other products."

We are talking about players being afk, not actively trying to "interrupt the general flow of gameplay".

Being AFK sometimes is a core part of being a gamer, sometimes especially due to real live emergencies, you just have to get up and leave. It's not the players fault that the game continues running for 16 hours giving player the benefits, it simply isn't.

I am obviously not gonna argue about it with a representative, but my suggestion would be to make a very clear, official statement on the forums addressing the issue.

Because now, from reading your own Code of Conduct, it is incredibly easy to come to a conclusion that unless bots / scripts / macros are being used - it's ok to stay AFK in a game.

I think this: "Any conduct which interrupts the general flow of gameplay in the game client" is their catch all. So anything that interferes with you playing the game as intended gets you a spanking. I guess it just takes 8 years for them to issue the spankings because at night i can't even get into a game because you can spend hour + trying to find one where someone isn't doing it.

I guess Ubisoft doesn't have the resources to have an employee join games and then ban the person on the spot because an hours worth would probably net 10+ people doing this, maybe more. I do not like how they put the onus on the player "send videos/screen shots". I messaged the rep on facebook and they told me create a formal ticket and make sure to video it. So not only am i inconvenience by not being able to find a match not containing cheaters now you want me to become a videographer and catch all the cheaters for you?

Bane0310
02-26-2017, 09:01 AM

Massive I really hope you are not the you tuber ... anyway Them being AFK does effect the game for anyone joining that game, if they are on their side then they a screwed. Case closed you lose, goodnight princess.

awolcz
02-26-2017, 10:03 AM
I have posted this in another thread, but I see that I must repeat that:

UBISOFT Terms Of Service:

create, use and/or circulate "auto" or "macro" computer programs or other cheat programs or software applications, and/or use the Services via a mirror site;

While there is said computer program specifically, but also cheat program generally, meaning it does not have to be software based but also hardware based. Basically any application meant to automate or macro specific acitivity.

Making rubber band to cheat can be considered as auto cheat program.

PSN terms of service

Do not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in the Software, the PSN or any of its products to obtain an unfair advantage;

For Honor code of conduct

Exploitation of any new or known glitches or bugs which provide an unfair advantage over other players is forbidden and may result in character stats and progression resets, account suspension or revocation.

Problem is, that these players are not only AFK. They are AFK., but using tools to make game think they are NOT AFK, which is exploit and therefore punishable.

So, these players are violating Ubisoft terms of service, PSN terms of service and For Honor code of conduct.

I really hope that Ubi will do the right thing and wipe the progress of these players. They new they are doing a fraud.

OGL Spade
02-26-2017, 10:10 AM
I know a lot of people are complaining about this. But really who cares? "I'm constantly seeing people sit in spawn or run in circles in spawn getting free XP off every single game".
I personally don't blame them. Why are you people fighting against bots in the first place? For XP? For Bounties? Because you can't handle a real fight? You're basically doing the same thing! So you arent any different from them. Id be sitting in spawn getting free XP too if I constantly got disconnected. I'm sick of being connected to losing teams at the very end. Starting a game and going 15-1 then randomly getting disconnected leaving me with zero XP & Credits ect. As if I never played at all.. Its annoying as hell!!:mad: Especially when the game is 15 seconds from ending.

Fix the servers...

Taking away player vs AI and the rewards is a stupid idea, if they do that then half there player base will quit, all they need to do is add a system that kicks people for being idle for to long, it would stop most of the afk farmers.

RottenRowdy
02-26-2017, 07:15 PM
You add an order today to kill soldiers in dominion. Yet I am playing on ps4 and every match I join in the last hour has players running circles in spawn just For XP and you want use to capture it for you Devs just put a Dev on ps4 for an hour or two on ps4 queuing into Domonion vs bots and see it for yourself UBISOFT this is complete ********. Massive D more like Little D the fact you are tryouts no to find a loop in the terms of service really makes me the think that you have done this since day one and are scared of the consequences. You probally did it to bang out it rep 3 and the. Spent money to get 108 and it would make me laugh if they took that all away for you. Ya players can go AFK but taping down controller, to do circles or just emoting is a hell of a lot different. To say this isn't effecting the players experience in game is a bunch of ********. Yes I have my pitch fork out and tar and feathers and I am ready to paint the goddam town!

genaschtes
02-27-2017, 06:11 AM
I'm still waiting for their official statement against this, because I can't find anywhere in their own Code of Conduct that says it's against the rules to stay AFK in a game, and furthermore they made no posts at all saying they are condeming this, as far as we are concerned, who says that players can't afk? :confused::confused::confused:

i know you are doing it ALOT.
http://imgur.com/a/KvSF1
http://imgur.com/a/dgIK6

MassiveD.
02-27-2017, 06:24 AM

Yup, today I am making a video about it to show people that this is not botting

awolcz
02-27-2017, 07:17 AM
Yup, today I am making a video about it to show people that this is not botting

It IS exploit. Make how many videos you want, but you will still be cheater and Ubisoft will wipe your progress. Basically, you are AFK and by using tool, making game think your are NOT AFK, which is fraud, exploit and cheat. It is not botting, but it IS fraud and IS exploit. Farewell cheater.

titusthefox
02-27-2017, 08:26 AM

Do me a favor and don't remove rewards and XP from AI battles. Some of us mainly play those modes because we enjoy it. What's the harm inn playing a game the way you want? Not everyone wants to play competetive. We are having super casual, super fun in the game. Don't remove our progress (or if you do, be sure to give free refund for anyone who wants it).

On a different note - could we get rewards for Duel vs AI? Can be super minor, but just something would be nice.

CatFondu
02-27-2017, 08:56 AM
The easiest way to remedy this is to kick anyone that doesn't physically select a class during selection.

lucasnrachel
02-27-2017, 09:09 AM
Submit report for greifing. Ubisoft take a look at the games the report came from if the person had zeros across the board give the a warning and a 1 day suspension. Next time it's 3 days. Then lifetime ban on that console, not on that PSN,Xbox live PC I'd but the actual system. 3 warning system is more than far. This way they can't just switch ids and do it again.

Gothic_Mando
02-27-2017, 09:23 AM
...ok im getting really sick of all these PVP-elitist types making condescending comments towards those of us that enjoy PVE. If you truly believe playing PVP somehow makes you more of 'a man' than those who simply choose to enjoy PVE then you can **** right off and grow the fudge up. Its my choice, it does not give you a right judge us. I bought the game for its excellent inclusion of bot fights and progression vs. bots, an incredibly rare feature in todays multiplayer games. i dont want to see that taken away. If it is, ive no reason to play anymore and ive wasted my money

Stop being so damn selfish and patronizing and think of a different solution.

r4ptorr
02-27-2017, 09:33 AM
Hi Kuzan343 - the team is aware of this issue and are looking into it. Please report players exploiting this to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) and we will look into it and issue the proper punishments. Thanks!

What is there to look into? Just autoban everyone who manages to finish 5+ matches in a row without getting any points.. They are clearly doing nothing in that match. Even a bad player will get at least one point for something. You want to be sure of that? Well then simply autoban everyone who manages to be online 4+ hours in a row without getting any points while playing in AI matches.. It is as simple as that..

Although the community is small already so another way to tackle it would be to warn the player and reset their account removing all reputation and items from it (basically if you use this Idle steel farming) you lose everything you have collected, including exp, items and steel.

lucasnrachel
02-27-2017, 09:38 AM
What is there to look into? Just autoban everyone who manages to finish 5+ matches in a row without getting any points.. They are clearly doing nothing in that match. Even a bad player will get at least one point for something. You want to be sure of that? Well then simply autoban everyone who manages to be online 4+ hours in a row without getting any points while playing in AI matches.. It is as simple as that..

Although the community is small already so another way to tackle it would be to warn the player and reset their account removing all reputation and items from it (basically if you use this Idle steel farming) you lose everything you have collected, including exp, items and steel.

We don't want people that don't actually play and leech off others in the game base. I say bye Felicia.
I'm sure their are people waiting for the game to drop in price. Ubisoft needs to start moving on some of the major requests not the buff this or nerf thus as that will just ruin it more than help. But some of the other things the keep people

I like my idea of a 3 warning permanently system ban

awolcz
02-27-2017, 01:31 PM
...ok im getting really sick of all these PVP-elitist types making condescending comments towards those of us that enjoy PVE. If you truly believe playing PVP somehow makes you more of 'a man' than those who simply choose to enjoy PVE then you can **** right off and grow the fudge up. Its my choice, it does not give you a right judge us. I bought the game for its excellent inclusion of bot fights and progression vs. bots, an incredibly rare feature in todays multiplayer games. i dont want to see that taken away. If it is, ive no reason to play anymore and ive wasted my money

Stop being so damn selfish and patronizing and think of a different solution.

I think you totally misunderstood what we are talking about. Problem is not people playing PVE, but people using rubber bands to exploit PVE, while they are AFK (away from keyboard) for many hours, or even going to sleep, and by using rubber band on their controllers, their chars are running in the circles and are not kicked out for inactivity. This means that they are moving automatically from match to match and even if match is lost (which usually is, because they are running in circles and ruining games of others), they still get some XP and Steel.

And regarding 3 warning system... what about steel and XP those guys already exploited? They have unfair advantage over others. There needs to be wipe of progress, other it is not fair. I say no ban first, but definitely wipe.

RottenRowdy
02-28-2017, 02:16 AM

I'm out.

Good job Zerxis caught the fu cker red handed even after Massive D said he was against it in earlier post.. Lol get Jebaited! And still trying to make his point saying it not affecting the players experience! I really bet you have family emergency and are eating you're Apple pie! Well in this case the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

SirCorrino
02-28-2017, 02:48 AM

Appropriate punishment for AFK farming is a full account wipe of XP, steel and gear for every character. But keep the completion tags on everything.

SirCorrino
02-28-2017, 02:55 AM

Refer to the above post detailing the various terms regarding exploiting. Something as simply as a rubber band to avoid AFK is an exploit and can result in wipes or bans.

Specifically these two parts:

PSN terms of service
Do not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in the Software, the PSN or any of its products to obtain an unfair advantage;

For Honor code of conduct
Exploitation of any new or known glitches or bugs which provide an unfair advantage over other players is forbidden and may result in character stats and progression resets, account suspension or revocation.

If you're on PS4 you risk a ban of your PSN account. In For Honor you risk wipe or ban. It doesn't matter how you do it, if you're afk farming you are breaking both PSN and FH ToS. It can be a rubber band, some tape, a weight, or a program of some sort, doesn't matter. It's an exploit and you risk the punishment. Personally I hope your account gets wiped completely.

RatedChaotic
02-28-2017, 03:01 AM
Arogant or not, I never once said that it's neither a good thing, nor that I condone it, please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

All I said was, that these "burn the witches" threads, that keep popping up all over the forums, begging developers to prosecute players whom did absolutely nothing wrong as far as The Code of Conduct is concerned, are nothing short of ridiculous.

Ever seen one of these?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FWPZfl6gta8/Vw28Ns0t4FI/AAAAAAAAd1Y/I5FkyV1oWcovxcC6I8yfAcgw-0kPd2ovQ/w1208-h648/129150-figure-02.png

There is no sign, no fence, no warning what so ever, and a very well established path, but these threads are claiming that if a person takes the shortcut, they should be immediately apprehended and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

That's how laughable these threads are, the problem is not the users fault to begin with, and is easily fixable by putting up a sign or a fence preventing access, for starters.

For someone to go this far to argue their point on a game forum......is so hilarious!!!! Damn its a video game. It will be forgotten in a few years. lol

critterd2010
02-28-2017, 04:35 AM
server fix yes remove AI no just make it so you have to capture and kill for xp in bot mode

FRAKTICA
02-28-2017, 05:06 AM

Crybabies cry, that is not your fault either...

Many people understand the magnitude of debugging and perfecting an enterprise of this magnitude and don't expect everything to be fixed overnight.

Thanks for trying!

Icetower
02-28-2017, 06:10 AM
OP attitude is one reason I play PvE.

On topic: the AFKers are a problem. Makes a match much less fun to play.

Tyler-Durdin
02-28-2017, 07:13 AM
I ONLY play Player Vs Ai so your idea to get rid of it would DEFINATELY make me uninstall this game.
I do not enjoy Pvp at all in any game for some time now.
And before you can say its because I must suck at it my reason is to play a game I enjoy the way I like to, I have no need to be the best Pvp player in existence and from what ive seen in my 20+ years of gaming I would never like to become one of the kind of people who look down on others because they seem to think Pvp is how you judge skill.
The AFK thing is kind of a problem I just kill them every couple of minutes regardless if I'm winning or losing this IS cheating bottom line you can coat it in any kind of light you want but it is cheating.

BelialGaming
02-28-2017, 07:40 AM
On topic: the AFKers are a problem. Makes a match much less fun to play.
much less? 0 fun

Gothic_Mando
02-28-2017, 09:50 AM
I think you totally misunderstood what we are talking about. .

Not at all, the OP himself suggested taking away player vs. AI entirely or the xp gain from it, my point is that this would take away from my experience of the game. I agree persistent AFKers should be punished, but doing it this way would punish plenty of innocent folk who play exclusively vs. AI too.

He also said, and i quote: Why are you people fighting against bots in the first place? Because you can't handle a real fight?

Come on, thats just plain rude...

markdotai
03-01-2017, 02:47 PM

Thanks for the tip UbiNoty - just reported 7 AFK players to support that I've encountered in the last 2 days of play.

okaboy
03-01-2017, 03:40 PM
much less? 0 fun

Well, it has its point. It is a challenge to play 3v4 mode being only 1 human in the match.
Yesterday I got the order "Dominant Skirmisher" in my first try because that :-)

But I am with you. It's very annoying. When I play at night every PVE match is with cheaters. Sad. I hope Ubisoft fixes it soon.

Hazmick
03-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Played a Dominion vs AI match this afternoon where 2 (two) of my team were AFK. That's half my team not scoring points, but still getting the match rewards.

Glad to hear Ubi is working on it, and hope to see some sort of resolution soon.

Alusi_UK
03-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Yes have had the same issue in many players vs AI Dominion games. What are you doing about this Ubi?

RatedChaotic
03-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Removing the AI or the rewards from AI games would be disastrous. There are many people that love this game that also have disabilities who have trouble going against actual players.

I served 3 tours in Iraq and had multiple IEDs detonate on my truck during missions and left me with partial brain damage. So my reaction time is really bad. Bots are a good source of therapy.

If they removed the AI and/or rewards from those modes. I'd quickly uninstall the game and move on. That would not be a good solution. It will cause more to leave.

KORJ666
03-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Why are you people fighting against bots in the first place? Because you can't handle a real fight?

1)Pay for steel,
2)Kraft purple or golden armor to rage bild,
3)humiliate newbies.

BE A REAL FIGTER! =_=

A lot of fun, if you crab kid
And, you can tell everyone that you are a good player, and laugh at those who play with bots.

The only worth PvP mode(In this game) is a duel.

Maniffik
03-01-2017, 04:44 PM
hat are you talking about if prestige lvls only give some patterns, outfits and emblems?
Their characters looks better then yours? What a great advantage!

Have you any ideas, what to do, if someone buy champion status for 2000 STEEL (3 days) but can play only 2 hours a day?)) Looks like steel spent in vain. But with "AFK exploit" in PVE he still can get some extra XP for that STEEL, and (oh my!) install a new emblem.

Icetower
03-01-2017, 07:40 PM
It's not about the gear they can get, it's about the fun they remove from the game. It is just not fun to play with AFKers. They take the fun away from the game. Why should I have to spend 20 minutes in a Dominion match trying to win if the AI can capture all points at all times and make it just about mathematically impossible to win. That's not fun, and I play the game for fun.

Valfrekr
03-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Oh, alright, what other imaginery rules and regulations should be followed?

Are we allowed to eat apple pie while playing a PvE game of dominion in For Honor or is that a bannable offence?

This may be shocking to you, but as long as you or me are not breaking any laws, there is not a single judicial system on Earth which can force us to follow any morality guidelines, especially if we don't give a crap about them.

What is moral or immoral to you, may be completely different to a person of different nationality, religion, or even political views.

Personally I couldn't care less about morality in life, and will do absolutely everything my heart desires, except for those things that the laws, or for example, terms and conditions of a service that I wish to use - state that I cannot do unless I want to face the consequences.

So my question, yet again, where exactly does it say that we as players are not allowed to stay AFK in a match of For Honor?

Because I've done my research of Ubisofts Code of Conduct and I simply cannot find such restrictions.

I've got a question for you:
If you like being AFK during a match, why not turn off matchmaking, hop into a domination match, sit there with a rubber band around your analog stick, and eat your pie without effecting other players who want to work as a team?
You going AFK during a match is clearly an exploit, which is against their Code of Conduct. I wouldn't mind seeing these people banned, or at the very least, blacklisted.

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Ok, to the people defending this, let me say this and hopefully provide a little perspective...

If you want to shortcut a bunch of XP to level up a particular hero, fine, whatever, but consider this:

When you do this loop, you are ACTIVELY ruining other people's experience because now they get into this match and it's a 3vs4 or sometimes a 2vs4. You are putting your teammates at a disadvantage and disrupting THEIR gameplay because YOU are lazy and selfish. If you were in a vacuum, I'd say knock yourselves out, do whatever you want, nobody cares, but you're NOT in a vacuum. Your selfish behavior is adversely affecting other people's gameplay and while you might not care about that (selfish ******* that you are), THAT actually IS a punishable offense.

Valfrekr
03-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Whether is PVP or PVAi, you score points twice as fast by guarding points A and C in dominion. Its kinda dumb not to have someone guarding them. I think the ones you are referring to are the guys actually just standing there afk not even trying to protect those points. Right?

The people AFKing are at the respawning zones

Ranshire
03-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Servers and P2P drops my connection 15 seconds from round end. Literally watching my last teammate fall, or watching/beating their last member and had the connection drop because someone left and the rebalancing of the net load failed for me... when I didn't receive any rewards for my time it is highly fustrating. I then moved into playing the AI, see if less people means better connection. I don't have **** connection either. But hey, new game and all. I'm giving it an honest chance. So I'm playing along, connection is better. But not stellar. And I come across a spin'round. And I'm confused. I know how he has accomplished this feat. So I try it. Hey, whatdyaknow? Still gets about 4-7 matches without disconnect (if I'm lucky) and I'm recouping some of the rewards I was already shorted.

Second part of my not only condoning this method, but even taking part is the insane distance I must travel in this game to reap the really cool stuff. 5k per execution 2 per char 12 char (currently) 120k for all. Emote, effect, same deal. 360k steel for the extra goodies. And that's not even getting into costs for fully gearing a character. Or keeping champion status active. Enough time to play... there isn't enough time in the day!

If a match goes 10 minutes, with 2 minutes of downtime inbetween. (Dominion is my example) the it is possible for me to get 200 steel an hour. Say I game for 10 hours a day. (Professional? I wish... girlfriend? R.I.P) 2000 steel earned. (All daily quests aside, but potentially adding about 1k a day) it will be 150 days before I have aquired enough in game currency to purchase the extra emotes, executions and effects. That's a long time, and me being a spin'round... well... it's still a long journey before I see much benifet.

Icetower
03-01-2017, 08:54 PM
^ I'm sure you don't care, but you are making the game less fun for people.

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Servers and P2P drops my connection 15 seconds from round end. Literally watching my last teammate fall, or watching/beating their last member and had the connection drop because someone left and the rebalancing of the net load failed for me... when I didn't receive any rewards for my time it is highly fustrating. I then moved into playing the AI, see if less people means better connection. I don't have **** connection either. But hey, new game and all. I'm giving it an honest chance. So I'm playing along, connection is better. But not stellar. And I come across a spin'round. And I'm confused. I know how he has accomplished this feat. So I try it. Hey, whatdyaknow? Still gets about 4-7 matches without disconnect (if I'm lucky) and I'm recouping some of the rewards I was already shorted.

Second part of my not only condoning this method, but even taking part is the insane distance I must travel in this game to reap the really cool stuff. 5k per execution 2 per char 12 char (currently) 120k for all. Emote, effect, same deal. 360k steel for the extra goodies. And that's not even getting into costs for fully gearing a character. Or keeping champion status active. Enough time to play... there isn't enough time in the day!

If a match goes 10 minutes, with 2 minutes of downtime inbetween. (Dominion is my example) the it is possible for me to get 200 steel an hour. Say I game for 10 hours a day. (Professional? I wish... girlfriend? R.I.P) 2000 steel earned. (All daily quests aside, but potentially adding about 1k a day) it will be 150 days before I have aquired enough in game currency to purchase the extra emotes, executions and effects. That's a long time, and me being a spin'round... well... it's still a long journey before I see much benifet.

You realize that all those EXTRA, COSMETIC goodies aren't meant to be acquired in a single day, right? They're long-term goals. Also, nobody is forcing you to buy them, you can completely ignore them if you want. You can even be competitive without them. God forbid you actually have to invest time and effort to get something you want, huh?

Knuckles_McGee
03-01-2017, 09:07 PM
I've got a question for you:
If you like being AFK during a match, why not turn off matchmaking, hop into a domination match, sit there with a rubber band around your analog stick, and eat your pie without effecting other players who want to work as a team?
You going AFK during a match is clearly an exploit, which is against their Code of Conduct. I wouldn't mind seeing these people banned, or at the very least, blacklisted.

Exactly. Why not do it this way so as to not diminish other peoples experience? As long as I see players doing this in my matches I will report them and hope for them to be banned.

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Exactly. Why not do it this way so as to not diminish other peoples experience? As long as I see players doing this in my matches I will report them and hope for them to be banned.

The short answer is because they are selfish, lazy *****s who don't CARE that they are diminishing other peoples' experience.

Valfrekr
03-01-2017, 10:14 PM

This guy also needs to be banned or blacklisted

Ranshire
03-01-2017, 10:48 PM
You realize that all those EXTRA, COSMETIC goodies aren't meant to be acquired in a single day, right? They're long-term goals. Also, nobody is forcing you to buy them, you can completely ignore them if you want. You can even be competitive without them. God forbid you actually have to invest time and effort to get something you want, huh?

I do get that. 10hrs a day for 155 days is a really long term goal... like retirement. I have invested time for the things i want. I have a rep 5 nobushi who has not spun once. Her xp and gear are all hands on grinding. Her gear score is 104. I beat the game on hard and am working on realistic/finding all the collectibles. She was at this point when I discovered the toon doing circles at spawn.

Boot into a match with guys running circles and want to have a competitive match? Cool! Leave me to my spin round and match make again. I do it against bots to minimize my impact on those that want to be competitive. More often than not I only get 3 to 5 matches before auto pilot crashes with a network error anyways... woohoo... extra 120-160 steel 2 gear peices and 1500 xp. I went to bed on time though... and wasn't wrecked for my actual job.

I can be competitive without the goodies. I don't 'need' the really cool effect to feel good at the game. What I do know is that I'm a casual gamer. I play hard and am good at video games. 1550 hours just to unlock the special stuff is a little long winded. I want to aquire the goodies for my toon and still be married this time next year without spending 100s of dollars... that shouldn't be to much to ask from a AAA title that I already spent 100 dollars on...

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 10:54 PM
1550 hours for EVERY unlockable on EVERY hero. You shouldn't be able to do that in a week. You're talking about basically 100% completion of every single unlockable in the game. That should take a little under half a year, I think. Besides, if you have a Rep 5 Nobushi, why care so much about all the extra cosmetics for all the others? Get the stuff you want for the heroes you like.

You're basically defending abusing the anti-AFK system because...you're lazy and impatient.

suboptiml
03-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Just got dumped into the same match with the same two afk botting people, three times in a row.

Hope the devs are on this and fix it quick.

Zyrusticae
03-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Dominion vs AI is now completely 100% swamped by afkers. It is completely unplayable now. I have entirely abandoned the mode, and soon will abandon the whole game if it isn't fixed in a timely fashion.

PvP is too annoyingly stressful to play for extended periods of time. I refuse to just "deal with it". It needs to be fixed.

Arreyanne
03-01-2017, 11:45 PM
Dominion vs AI is now completely 100% swamped by afkers. It is completely unplayable now. I have entirely abandoned the mode, and soon will abandon the whole game if it isn't fixed in a timely fashion.

PvP is too annoyingly stressful to play for extended periods of time. I refuse to just "deal with it". It needs to be fixed.

While I enjoy the PvP I also play AI for the orders, any person who is doing this is just a F_ _ _ _ _ _. If there was someone messing woith their game play experience they would be up in arms. But since they dont care about anyone but themselves they do this crap

suboptiml
03-01-2017, 11:48 PM
The last three matches I've gotten into have had at least one player afking. The last one all three.

Guess I won't be playing that mode any more today.

Fix this. And no, having honest players have to go to the Ubi website, log in, and fill out a form to report these players is not a solution. That's just putting more hurdles in front of the honest players trying to play the game legit.

Munktor
03-01-2017, 11:51 PM
I'm not sure there is much difference between people fighting the AI for XP or sitting the corner for the XP. Honestly, i'm not.

Instanes
03-01-2017, 11:54 PM
I feel there has been an explosion of these AKF leeches the past few days. Not its every match you do with bots, for whatever reason. 2-3 of them. in every game =/ Granted, pvp is a lot more fun, but the pve one is still there, and its a nice little warmup/AI orders etc.

RottenRowdy
03-02-2017, 12:36 AM
Put a Dev, or community manager on PS4 right now cant even find a dominion lobby vs bots without players doing this. Spent the last 2 hour trying to find a lobby without this going on and if you seriously think I am sending in a ticket to report these fools you have to be crazy!! And you know what it's nothing but 8-17 year old little kiddy doing this cause it ends at 10 pm EST every night when they have to go to bed and mommy and daddy force them to turn PS4 off.

Here is a list of ps4 players I ran into tonight doing this!

MemphisGroove
CaptianBudak
McDangle
Syr_Artorias
Tactik_Killer
XxAssassinxX231
MELO3R
KIngLifeDIAZ
SaLy_Massih
Linkarcus
VedgeGamer
RadomCitizen528
lCaptainKIDI
MForceOne
DRAKO_ this guy everyday in the last week!
DarkDarkB
AMRoberts7
Reezack
zippycool
B_Scott23
TBONE9-4-1
DarkDarkB
AMRoberts7

Only solution I can think of right now is!

Here is my PSN
RottenRowdy send a friend request and we can group up and avoid this!

MagicElmo
03-02-2017, 04:25 AM
As others mentioned, the solution would be so easy. Turn off Matchmaking and run in circles 24/7 if wanted.

As for PvP players not seeing that this ruins the fun for people who exclusively play PvE.
See it this way. PvE players are also supporting this game by buying steel. The more players do that, the better for the longevity of the game.
And PvE players don't take any fun away from PvP gamers.

Yep, Ubisoft has more important issues than the AFKers to look after, but they should make sure not to lose too many gamers and can't ignore this issue forever.

DemarMerka
03-02-2017, 06:18 AM
This is a huge problem and is primarily one of the many reason my self and my friends stopped playing the game. Not that any of that matters atm. But it will. So let me just explain why. I'll give you one example. Cause TLDR...LOL

1. Orders: There are people who like to do these. That's first. Second. Often times the order is to do a specific match type (say Dominion against the AI). Now imagine if you will. You are trying to get your orders in as it is fun for you. The order is to win 5 4vAI Dominion Matches. I know what you are saying..."Wow, only 5?!" Well let me tell you how pain snakingly long this actually takes you by todays standards. Normally it would take you about as long as it would take most anyone to run 5-7 matches against the AI. Say an hour and a half. Maybe and that is being way to generous. Give or take. Running 5 (I know cause, I literally tried this morning) took me 3 hours, before I gave up and NO! I would not have completed the order. So I wasted 3 hours of my day and got literally nothing to show for it. Accept frustrating game play. 9 out of 10 matches crashed. That's first. Wouldn't have made a difference though 7 out of 10 had at least 2 afk'ers in the party and the matches were all but lost by the time I could even get to capping anything to swing it back. So it made me quit playing for the day. Since this has happened to me before...it made me quit playing all together.

...Again, this I may not matter right now. But 4 people left For Honor today (I spoke to my buddies about this and they said they were done. Mostly because of the connectivity issues. However Hacks, Exploits, AFK'ers, Etc. and Lack of Consistent Resolutions was also part of that.) over issues they fail to fix and I know I am not the only one who is leaving for this very reason.

L0f4gi
03-02-2017, 06:19 AM
Well, most of the time I play PVP. There is a simple reason for that, that's the only way how you can be better and better. I've chosen the warden 'n I want to get as much xp / steel / gear with him as much just possible. So that's why sometimes i play against AI for the orders, but it's almost impossible to do it, because most of the games are full with AFKers. Also when i'm on my laptop, which is not a strong one, but the For Honor is playable on it, obviously i dont want to risk my stats to go and play against real ppl.

Anyway I agree with that they have major issues and the should fix them first, but this can be so annoying for someone who just play against AI. Basically they can't play. Can you imagine this in PVP games? 4v1 cuz the other 3 are just stanting and running around in a circle. I'm sure you'd be really annoyed as well.

DemarMerka
03-02-2017, 06:28 AM
Well, most of the time I play PVP. There is a simple reason for that, that's the only way how you can be better and better. I've chosen the warden 'n I want to get as much xp / steel / gear with him as much just possible. So that's why sometimes i play against AI for the orders, but it's almost impossible to do it, because most of the games are full with AFKers. Also when i'm on my laptop, which is not a strong one, but the For Honor is playable on it, obviously i dont want to risk my stats to go and play against real ppl.

Anyway I agree with that they have major issues and the should fix them first, but this can be so annoying for someone who just play against AI. Basically they can't play. Can you imagine this in PVP games? 4v1 cuz the other 3 are just stanting and running around in a circle. I'm sure you'd be really annoyed as well.

So what if you are one of those people who has been trying to play PVP and the game keeps crashing on them, so they play 4vAI...cause it seems to be the only thing that works out side of duels and brawls and it is only a matter of time before people in 4v4 matches start doing it as well.

smur0h
03-02-2017, 06:41 AM

Wait that has to be the dumbest thing i have heard on this forum, i mean you do know that for many people the PvP part is completely unplayable due to connection issues and region match making not working at all, that was such a narrow minded comment.

CarnivalLaw
03-02-2017, 06:42 AM

Exactly. Caught that, too.

dayLockey
03-02-2017, 07:59 AM
Adding a Kick Player function would go a long ways towards helping remove/punish botters. It's not hard to identify who is/isn't botting since the late hours of the night there are more bots than regular players in PvAI.

A little effort could go along way towards saving the game for people who are interested in getting gear without having to wait through long ques, get paired in poor matchmaking or get disconnected mid-match due to someone leaving.

MagicElmo
03-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Kick Player function could easily be abused as well sadly.
I think I saw someone suggesting to simply not award any XP for people under a certain point threshold.
That might work.
Now those lads might start circling on one of the capture points then, but at least they would boost the zone points for the team.

Entatas
03-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Now those lads might start circling on one of the capture points then, but at least they would boost the zone points for the team.
At the moment they aren't even playing the game. They're just letting it run automatically. If they were forced to at least get to a base then it would kill off most of those afk'ers who leave their computer on for hours.

Agree on the 'kick player' function. L4D2 community anyone? Toxic pit.

Maarmang
03-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Late at night this game is almost unplayable. I wanted to try something other then my Kensei figured new toon vs AI dominion 7 straight matches with 1 to 3 afks running circles. Reported everyone of them, for what it's worth for all three offences but something has got to be done.

MasterZalm
03-02-2017, 10:09 AM
To be honest, every one person i find afk boosting in ai matches, i wait until prime time (6-9pm) and go afk in pvp matches. So all night, i usually find 7-13 people afking in pve, i go afk in 7-13 matches, start to finish, when most people play the game. Fighting fire with fire.

Traktorash
03-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Ok, to the people defending this, let me say this and hopefully provide a little perspective...

If you want to shortcut a bunch of XP to level up a particular hero, fine, whatever, but consider this:

When you do this loop, you are ACTIVELY ruining other people's experience because now they get into this match and it's a 3vs4 or sometimes a 2vs4. You are putting your teammates at a disadvantage and disrupting THEIR gameplay because YOU are lazy and selfish. If you were in a vacuum, I'd say knock yourselves out, do whatever you want, nobody cares, but you're NOT in a vacuum. Your selfish behavior is adversely affecting other people's gameplay and while you might not care about that (selfish ******* that you are), THAT actually IS a punishable offense.

Ok, so , hypothetically speaking say i grab a friend and we do this in 2vAI brawl? or 3 friends and do it in Dominion VS Ai? would that be OK for you? For Ubi? If we arn't "disrupting anyone natural flow of gameplay"

The problem is that the screw up that allowed this to happen is 100% on Ubi's shoulders as, again hypothetically speaking, say i get a phonecall that my gf got into an accident, i rush to get dressed, throwing my controller in the air and it lands in a way that the analog is pushed. I stay with her in the hospital and meanwhile my account is earning Steel and XP... a somewhat extreme example sure, but it's basicaly the death penalty argument, if even one inocent person is excuted, everyone in that country is a murderer (wich consequently should be executed and so on and so on....).

I'm 100% for adjusting the system (someone earlier was suggesting you need to manualy confirm selecting a hero or get booted, that seems perfect). Again, it sucks for players trying to play normaly i get that, but the fact is these people are NOT using third party programs in any way, AND a situation like this could happen, WITHOUT malicious intent. That's on Ubi. Also accord to the code of conduct while this is "disrupting the natural flow of the game" it is not "gaining an advantage over other players" as THEY ARN'T PLAYING. The only way this is an advantage is if more steel = more power = P2W

VY_Canis_Major
03-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Couldn't they fix this problem by making it that you have to ready up in order to start the next match?

If a player doesn't ready up after the minute or so after a match they get kicked to the game mode select screen.

Brunn_MgAmadd
03-02-2017, 12:02 PM
i just have been reporting them for cheating, hope that that does something...

yoonex
03-02-2017, 03:22 PM

Fix the servers...

The fact is that u get a daily order to win 5 dominion games vs ai, and then in all games u get at least 1 ppl staying afk w8ting to get carried on, u think that is fair ? Why do you join the game if u don't want to play only to stay afk jerking the move buttons ?

brochacho78
03-02-2017, 06:02 PM

Fix the servers...

i play vs ai for many reasons.

1. game disconnects

2. gank spamming

3. at prestige 5 bot 2-3 are better than most players

i could go on, but you sound like an elitist who is dillussional to the pvp problems in this game.

afk rubberband dancers are gaining prestige and ruining games for teammates, end of story

btw there are literally 0 disconnects in pvai, so you should try it, i guarentee if you are presstige 5+ you will get youre butt whipped by godlike ai

ZEONesp
03-02-2017, 06:10 PM

Thanks for the great answer, I already reported a player by following your instrucctions.

And also want to motivate other players to report thiese bad guys. dont hesitate since is very very easy to do and worth it.

Time to take out the trash.

Alusi_UK
03-02-2017, 06:11 PM
As just posted in another thread with same issue:
How many threads on this issue now? Think I have seen at least 5. Would be helpful if Ubi Forum managers collected these together and updated. One thread I have seen an update saying they are looking into it. No update on how, or when any action is likely to happen.

Ubi need to react faster to this issue, many new players trying out Dominion will likely give Player vs AI a try first as many guides suggest this, they will then be faced with this pathetic scenario of 2-3 members of their team running around in a circle on their home spawn. Quality! Enough to put off alot of new players and invest their precious game time in Horizon Zero Dawn instead.

And for those PvP hardcore players who say they dont care about this issue, well dont expect many new player to come through the ranks once they have seen this bull***!

Sky-Sweeper
03-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Ok, so , hypothetically speaking say i grab a friend and we do this in 2vAI brawl? or 3 friends and do it in Dominion VS Ai? would that be OK for you? For Ubi? If we arn't "disrupting anyone natural flow of gameplay"

The problem is that the screw up that allowed this to happen is 100% on Ubi's shoulders as, again hypothetically speaking, say i get a phonecall that my gf got into an accident, i rush to get dressed, throwing my controller in the air and it lands in a way that the analog is pushed. I stay with her in the hospital and meanwhile my account is earning Steel and XP... a somewhat extreme example sure, but it's basicaly the death penalty argument, if even one inocent person is excuted, everyone in that country is a murderer (wich consequently should be executed and so on and so on....).

I'm 100% for adjusting the system (someone earlier was suggesting you need to manualy confirm selecting a hero or get booted, that seems perfect). Again, it sucks for players trying to play normaly i get that, but the fact is these people are NOT using third party programs in any way, AND a situation like this could happen, WITHOUT malicious intent. That's on Ubi. Also accord to the code of conduct while this is "disrupting the natural flow of the game" it is not "gaining an advantage over other players" as THEY ARN'T PLAYING. The only way this is an advantage is if more steel = more power = P2W

The problem is those situations are unlikely to happen regularly. Whereas someone strapping a rubberband to the controller is easily recreated. I'm sorry, but your argument is a weak one. If some crisis is occurring that involves you having to literally drop everything and leave, you should just accept that boot. It's much less of a concern than whatever is happening to cause you to have to leave in such a rush dude...

RatedChaotic
03-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Ya these players that are saying the AI is easy and can be taken out by spamming one attack are clearly still fighting lvl 1 bots. lvl 3 bots are just flawless at times and are a hell of alot more challenging than most players. Plus without disconnects, xp exploiters, and rage quiters. I enjoy it much more than pvp. Maybe soon things will get better and will change that. But til then its bots only for me aswell.

The exploiters should be banned. They are exploiting the afk boot function by using rubberbands to bypass it which is against ToS. If you like playing with rubberBANds enjoy your BAN.

RenfieldX
03-02-2017, 06:42 PM

Sorry man, but you're absolutely wrong that it's not 'gaining an advantage over other players'. Steel = loot crates = better equipment = advantage in 4v4 game modes.

Also, running a character in circles like we're seeing can only happen if both thumbsticks are pushed inwards towards each other. Please explain to me how someone thowing the controller onto the couch like you describe is going to result in that.

Even if you accept that something like this could happen accidentally, it's going to be extremely rare. I doubt that we're talking about a permanent ban the first time they catch someone doing this. Most likely you'd see a warning and a couple day suspension (and I'd hope removing any steel/xp/loot crates that resulted from the abuse).

Honestly, Ubi should have anticipated this kind of cheating. Seems to me that the simple fix would be to boot you to world map if you don't actively check 'ready' and select a character, and give zero rewards if a player wasn't active in the match (no kills, kill assists, no points captures, etc).

I'm running into this more frequently the last few days. I played PvsAI dominion this morning for about 45 minutes, and only had 1 match where I didn't run into at least 1 player doing this.

Namuna38
03-02-2017, 10:29 PM
Your XP and Loot earnings at the end of a fight should reflect your contribution in that fight...Score 0 = no loot, no xp.

AFK'ers would get zilch.

Bob__Gnarly
03-02-2017, 11:51 PM
This is so common now, that it actually surprises me if I find anyone playing legit in dominion vs ai.

What a joke, so many issues with the game, it's really hard to enjoy it.

Traktorash
03-03-2017, 12:08 AM
The problem is those situations are unlikely to happen regularly. Whereas someone strapping a rubberband to the controller is easily recreated. I'm sorry, but your argument is a weak one. If some crisis is occurring that involves you having to literally drop everything and leave, you should just accept that boot. It's much less of a concern than whatever is happening to cause you to have to leave in such a rush dude...

Obviosly you wouldn't be worried about the consequences in For Honor if such a thing happened. But the point i was trying to make is that a system was created in wich this COULD happen, legitemately, no malice, that's not the the end user's shoulders if it get's exploited. If this was blizzard we'd be calling it "clever use of game mechanics" ;)

Again, by all means , i am 100% for corecting this system, even tho i personaly don't give the dirt under my fingernails for PvE i can see how it's a problem for people HOWEVER, again, if local utilities sudently , through some mixup start funelling OIL into your pipes instead of water and your and your friends colect and sell that oil... you don't punish the citizen you punish the water company...

ZechsMarquizy
03-03-2017, 12:27 AM
You guys make this such a big deal yet every single player you come across that has high rep is obviously been doing this sense day 1.... it wont be fair for ubi to punish others for doing the same ****.

Sky-Sweeper
03-03-2017, 12:41 AM
Obviosly you wouldn't be worried about the consequences in For Honor if such a thing happened. But the point i was trying to make is that a system was created in wich this COULD happen, legitemately, no malice, that's not the the end user's shoulders if it get's exploited. If this was blizzard we'd be calling it "clever use of game mechanics" ;)

Again, by all means , i am 100% for corecting this system, even tho i personaly don't give the dirt under my fingernails for PvE i can see how it's a problem for people HOWEVER, again, if local utilities sudently , through some mixup start funelling OIL into your pipes instead of water and your and your friends colect and sell that oil... you don't punish the citizen you punish the water company...

Again, using crazy analogies isn't helping this. A massive oil network with legitimate poison being pumped into the water system isn't the same as someone leaving their game on and not avidly playing with the rest of the team. In any team game if a person isn't pylon their weight, they get benched. The same should be applied here - you just need the 3 votes of yes. It's unlikely every player is gonna vote to kick just because you're a new character. 1 or 2 mightn but all 3? That abuse would be much rarer than this current situation.

MagicElmo
03-03-2017, 01:35 AM
I was wondering, why these people simply don't disable matchmaking and AFK 24/7.
Like I said in the other thread, I was curious and tried to AFK another testrun with matchmaking off!!!!
My hero running in circles my bots lost with no support from me. 150 XP and 20 steel.
But then when I let the timer keep running to auto enter the next game, I noticed, that there is no timer when selecting your hero for the next round with matchmaking off.
So that was it. I had to press x manually to get into the next game. Something that doesn't need to be done when playing with other players.
After two, three rounds of that (while surfing the web), I then decided to play a round propely and won. 250XP (far less XP alone against bots than when playing with other players against bots).

Now I know why the AFKers don't do this with matchmaking off. With matchmaking on, there is no need for manual intervention to start the next game. People are also getting more XP with matchmaking on. And Ubisoft doesn't seem to punish anyone (yet) for such behaviour.
So I assume, they just rubberband their controller, go to work/school and come back hours later, with loads XP and steel + items collected at no effort at all.

Potato_6
03-03-2017, 03:04 AM

well there is the point where they are using bots/scripts/macros to run in circles to avoid being kicked (pc) not sure you would justify that....

shebnitz
03-03-2017, 04:46 AM
I like both modes equally for my own reasons. Super bummed I can't play half the game because 90% of said half is filled with team mates walking around in circles and I dont get to play with a team which is part of the reason I play. It doesn't matter the specific reasons WHY everyone prefers to play certain modes, what matters is this exploit is so rampant (literally 90% of games I joined today my team was just walking in circles) that - for whatever their reasons, including my own - it's making real players not want to play any more.

(ugh, is Ghost Recon out yet??)

shebnitz
03-03-2017, 04:52 AM
If you can't beat em, join em! Time to dust off the ol' rubber bands

Kadeshii
03-03-2017, 06:41 AM
Taken from reddit:

[–]The****YouTalkinBout 1 ponto 3 hours ago
I recorded and reported 43 people in 3 days a week ago. I got tired and stopped, because I thought it was a lost cause. My unlisted evidence videos still have no views.

Im uploading a non listed video myself, lets see if ubisoft gives a ****, or they are just trying to pull out a "don't do it we will punish you" trick.

DemarMerka
03-03-2017, 08:59 AM
The fact that up until yesterday, was seeing the same people who have been doing it since the second week of launch. Roughly about a week and a half. Even though I have reported them every single time. Other People have repotted them for sure and they are not only still playing, they are still AFK Farming...say one thing to me and one thing only.

Ubisoft will do everything in their power to do absolutely nothing about this. At this point I don't blame them. PVAI is basically all AFKer's. Anything to keep a player base I suppose. I give it 5 more months, before some one adds this game to a Top 10 Worst Game Launches of All Time Video and it bombs.

They can't even keep people from posting spam on their forums...HAHAHAHAHA. How do you expect them to fix this?!

Graphx_
03-03-2017, 09:10 AM

just an fyi there is an actual simple fix to removing the people that afk without removing a game mode like the half-wit suggested. all you have to do is make it so that if players don't pick a character in the allotted time or ready up in the allotted time in between rounds or matches they are booted from the game. It won't completely solve the problem but it will fix a majority of the people doing it.

awolcz
03-03-2017, 09:14 AM
just an fyi there is an actual simple fix to removing the people that afk without removing a game mode like the half-wit suggested. all you have to do is make it so that if players don't pick a character in the allotted time or ready up in the allotted time in between rounds or matches they are booted from the game. It won't completely solve the problem but it will fix a majority of the people doing it.

No, there is much more simple and more logical fix. People who score 0 points and do 0 damage receive 0 XP and 0 steel. If there is no free xp and free steel, there are no exploiters.

Graphx_
03-03-2017, 09:18 AM
No, there is much more simple and more logical fix. People who score 0 points and do 0 damage receive 0 XP and 0 steel. If there is no free xp and free steel, there are no exploiters.

people have started doing the bare minimum, i play vs ai sometimes with a few friends who aren't able to play against people because they don't enjoy it, they'll come out of the base get a kill and go back to doing nothing, that's not a fix.

BrokenLance
03-03-2017, 09:31 AM
people have started doing the bare minimum, i play vs ai sometimes with a few friends who aren't able to play against people because they don't enjoy it, they'll come out of the base get a kill and go back to doing nothing, that's not a fix.

Then they aren't actually AFK then, are they?

This has happened in every online game in every genre ever. You can stop AFKers but you can't stop the folks who do the bare minimum.

Shirai_Ryu_X
03-03-2017, 09:36 AM

Fix the servers...

Hey buddy, maybe some people like PVE more, so don't shoot down people who like ot fight AI more, especially when people can practice on them. so why at epeople fighting AI, more reasons than you list off. so don't you dare suggest they remove PvE entirely.

Shirai_Ryu_X
03-03-2017, 09:37 AM

THANK YOU someone fires a reasonable solution

awolcz
03-03-2017, 09:47 AM

Well, it means they are not afk and therefore is solution. Problem is that these people are now farming while sleeping, being at work or school, having lunch...

SwoljaBoy
03-03-2017, 09:55 AM
0 points in game, should equal 0 end of match XP/Rewards. Problem solved. With the statistics clearly being tracked, it might even be possible to retroactively remove the XP gained by exploiters, maybe not the gear rewards though. Another game, warships, did this exact thing to stop people from Afking and it completely worked.

As for no action yet being taken: They have to have a meeting about this and decide the best course of future action, of future/retroactive punishment, and find a way to implement it. Then they have to actually do it. This was never going to be an overnight thing. Be patient peeps.

DT1_Hussar
03-03-2017, 10:26 AM

Massive D., please don't act, like you don't know what is the problem. I know you are smart enough to understand the difference between ppl who AFK for a short time, and then continue to play, and AFKers-exploiters, who are destroying experience for other players...

Please, read this, and you will have your answers to what kind of ppl "they" are, and why they shouldn't participate in this (and any other) game:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

brochacho78
03-03-2017, 04:34 PM

i will and do every time, i could care less about no integrity, lowlife leeching playerbase

brochacho78
03-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Hey buddy, maybe some people like PVE more, so don't shoot down people who like ot fight AI more, especially when people can practice on them. so why at epeople fighting AI, more reasons than you list off. so don't you dare suggest they remove PvE entirely.

and that lvl 2-3 bots are better than 99% of players, i actually play vs ai for a challenge