PDA

View Full Version : Side-stepping Zerkers, PK's and Orochi's

GreenRanger XI
02-26-2017, 01:02 AM
How to beat them? Feels like I just can't attack at all, and if I let him attack then I get flurried with unblockable attacks because of the speed.

kidico
02-26-2017, 01:05 AM
Block or parry it, it's not hard unless you're already in an action like in the middle of an attack.

Also you can dash out of it yourself and depending on the class you can interrupt it with a light or zone attack in the same direction of the dash.

It can be annoying but if your opponent is spamming it then it's easy to counter due to it's predictability.

PackingMoney
02-26-2017, 01:06 AM
How to beat them? Feels like I just can't attack at all, and if I let him attack then I get flurried with unblockable attacks because of the speed.

What class do you play, each class has their own way to counter it.

CaptianBeetle
02-26-2017, 01:17 AM
valkyrie has a terrible time tracking sidestepping enemies.

And if she gets hit by 1 attack, and the opponent is fast enough, valk has a terrible time blocking the next attack.

There is really nothing you can do on a valk to properly defend OTHER than to maybe jump back into full guard, but i've had it happen where I do that and the pk/orochi/zerk manages to get behind me in 1 dash and hit me in the back.

There really needs to be a limit on how often you can dash side to side. Like.. 3 times max, then regen dash stam or sum sht. lol.

Ive been playing warlord alot recently, and he has 0 problem dealing with side dashes. Because his left or right quick attack is fast and has good range, you can usually just attack to the side they dash and bop them in the face before they hit you.

Valkyrie doesnt have that option, because she only pokes forward. You can't dash sideways to counter it either very well, because her dash is slower and again, only pokes forwards.
Terrible, terrible side to side attacks.

Even her area attack (lmb+rmb) doesn't hit a side dashing enemy, and that thing sweeps the ground left and right.

astro_spacer
02-26-2017, 01:20 AM
Feint heavy attacks into guard breaks. Don't initiate the fight with them, they're just gonna wait for your attack.

Zonal attacks are very effective, try to heavy attack to the side they're going to dodge, if they dodge the other way. Feint it into a guard break and get your free hit in.

and as always, PARRY PARRY PARRY

KRIV-
02-26-2017, 01:22 AM
Feint heavy attacks

This.. feint a top heavy, watch them side-step-attack, block and/or parry their side attack, into a free guard break, and free top heavy depending on your hero.

Thanapetus
02-26-2017, 01:35 AM

I think sprinting and dodging should spend stamina.

GreenRanger XI
02-26-2017, 01:38 AM
What class do you play, each class has their own way to counter it.

Mainly Nobushi, Kensei. If she gets close I will just try to block all her attacks, but my controller doesn't register in time with her attack speed so it's just like I'm doomed. If I try and play offensive they usually just side step spam me.

astro_spacer
02-26-2017, 01:43 AM
Mainly Nobushi, Kensei. If she gets close I will just try to block all her attacks, but my controller doesn't register in time with her attack speed so it's just like I'm doomed. If I try and play offensive they usually just side step spam me.

Hmm, xbox has a limited fps cap. Which makes it much harder I have found, speaking from someone who has played at a solid 62 and 30 (framerates). I have noticed the parrying and counter breaking much trickier on console.

Yeah, like I side. You have to play reactive, remember they can only attack the side they are dodging. So dodge left=block left.

It takes some time but just keep at it.

GreenRanger XI
02-26-2017, 01:46 AM
Hmm, xbox has a limited fps cap. Which makes it much harder I have found, speaking from someone who has played at a solid 62 and 30 (framerates). I have noticed the parrying and counter breaking much trickier on console.

Yeah, like I side. You have to play reactive, remember they can only attack the side they are dodging. So dodge left=block left.

It takes some time but just keep at it.

I mean every time I attack they will dodge left for a free attack or free guard-break. I'm not struggling to block the dodge attacks. It's the fact I can't get any damage out because of the dodges and if they get close my game physically doesn't let me block all the spam. And every high level pk or zerker I've found does this tactic.

Sky-Sweeper
02-26-2017, 01:55 AM
Would LOVE to know what to do about this as a Lawbringer.

XOpusX
02-26-2017, 02:01 AM
if they are close you can stop them with a guard break. works great on zerks and orochi

wethebishop
02-26-2017, 02:08 AM
Green ranger, what television do you use? You might have input lag.

Check this by playing a game in which you can jump. Press the jump button and see how long it takes for your character to jump after you press A (assuming this is the jump button). Even a small delay will doom you in for honor.

Actually, if you have this problem, you should also play assassin characters because you don't need as fast of reaction timed to sidestep and you need no reaction time to have a good offense.

Edit - Oh, never mind. I should have read more of your posts

GreenRanger XI
02-26-2017, 02:13 AM
Green ranger, what television do you use? You might have input lag.

Check this by playing a game in which you can jump. Press the jump button and see how long it takes for your character to jump after you press A (assuming this is the jump button). Even a small delay will doom you in for honor.

Actually, if you have this problem, you should also play assassin characters because you don't need as fast of reaction timed to sidestep and you need no reaction time to have a good offense.

There isn't any input lag, it's just when the PK is up close that's like her thing, you can't just block all the attacks, I just struggle to find a way out of that part.

wetterberg
02-26-2017, 02:41 AM
i have more problems with peacekeepers who go in, do 2 or three light attacks, how many they can get away with and then dash back. they do this the whole fight and I can't really handle it. I've also heard a rumor that they enjoy playing the game like that, but that just sounds absurd, it's most likely just sentient cancercells behind it.

wethebishop
02-26-2017, 04:15 AM
Really, my best advice is to also play an assassin