PDA

View Full Version : Nerf this, no nerf that

MyNameIsMicheal
02-26-2017, 12:31 AM
There isn't many people that have figured out how to activate their mic so others can hear them in game but of those that do always seem to get into the argument over which characters are OP and which aren't.

I think SOME people look at it as what do they have issues playing against a certain character and think it should be nerfed because they feel their class is weak against it. To grade a character or a move i think you have to look at how well they do their job and how diverse the character is to play. Some characters have multiple moves that have to be used and that rotation changes depending on the opponents play style as well as class. Some characters can spam the same 1-2 moves and beat nearly every class.

I think if a character can be played on easy mode and just spam 1-2 moves over and over and win most times then there is something wrong when they have characters that require more to play and do less.

Just my thoughts. All these threads bashing one character or another i think if people looked at how diverse the character is and what it takes to play them compared to others they may feel differently because the fact is everyone has a class they have some struggle with.

Gnarxly
02-26-2017, 12:38 AM
The whole nerf this nerf that is rather sad display of where gamers in general are. Maybe 1% of all the complaints are actually players who know how to analyze objectively and properly articulate without being all emotional about it.

GLR476
02-26-2017, 12:45 AM
There isn't many people that have figured out how to activate their mic so others can hear them in game but of those that do always seem to get into the argument over which characters are OP and which aren't.

I think SOME people look at it as what do they have issues playing against a certain character and think it should be nerfed because they feel their class is weak against it. To grade a character or a move i think you have to look at how well they do their job and how diverse the character is to play. Some characters have multiple moves that have to be used and that rotation changes depending on the opponents play style as well as class. Some characters can spam the same 1-2 moves and beat nearly every class.

I think if a character can be played on easy mode and just spam 1-2 moves over and over and win most times then there is something wrong when they have characters that require more to play and do less.

Just my thoughts. All these threads bashing one character or another i think if people looked at how diverse the character is and what it takes to play them compared to others they may feel differently because the fact is everyone has a class they have some struggle with.

I have 6 characters at rep 1 and non at rep 2; so I feel I'm less biased than most.

PK is the one I think needs a nerf bad badly. It is the single hardest character to carry in the game because it can attack very fast from all directions, and even if you parry they will beat you to the punch with another light attack from an unpredictable direction. They do pretty much the same damage as the breaker and Orochi even though those two are restricted in what directions they can do their ultra fast almost unbloackable light attacks from. (like 12 or 15 frames, 9 frames for PK zone attack)

On Top of this they have the best bleeds in the game; their ability to inflict such heavy bleed damage of a simple GUARD break is insane. Valk has an insanely difficult parry dodge shoulder pin that does not even half the damage... granted the Valk has more other moves but it is a complete and total joke in relation to how easy/difficult it is to do.

And PK has the best dodges in the games. I have never seen any character able to recover and dodge constant and so quickly as the PK.

Combine all 3 attributes and it is a ******edly OP class that isn't even difficult to play because you need Spiderman reflex to defend just light attacks and even if you guard that makes it insanely easy for her to GB and make you bleed 1/3rd of your HP.

The only thing that worst against PK even in THEORY is good range, but slow characters even with range will simple never be able to keep up with the PK light attacks that can come from any direction. I know from the Valk that PK can close that range just fine with lunge attack and even if you parry it the OKs follow up light attacks are faster that the Valks light.

So basically the only way at least the Valk can beat PK is buy completely outplaying them by counter attacking their super fast unpredictable pretty good damage PK light attacks to break up their combo... but the Valk will never get a combo off because the PK dodges to infinity and beyond after the first hit....

Doesn't really matter which of the 6 character I used... PK's basic design is OP and broken by definition when it is the best at bleeds, dodging, and fast light attacks because they come from any direction....

Oh and her zone attack is the fastest attacks in the game btw...

If it isn't fixed guaranteed will quit...

MyNameIsMicheal
02-26-2017, 01:02 AM
Have you seen where people are using that adapter that allows you to play any controller on all the main consoles and remap the buttons on any controller? I don't want to say the name of it in case that is seen as advertising.

Apparently some are getting this 70.00 adapter then remapping the keys to block using either the buttons or the pad. This makes it so you can block instantly.. it also lets you basically do auto feints. Its crazy what people are resorting to because some classes are just broke :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXKs9Zbu3U4

Thel..
02-26-2017, 01:16 AM
The whole nerf this nerf that is rather sad display of where gamers in general are. Maybe 1% of all the complaints are actually players who know how to analyze objectively and properly articulate without being all emotional about it.

Pretty much.

Illyrian_King
02-26-2017, 01:33 AM

Honestly, I beg Ubi not to change anything ... if you really look into detail everything is well thought through, but all the newbies want to enter the game and wreck since their very first day ;)

Would really would like to see, to have the ultimate game would be more dynamism in Dominion and a bigger 4vs4 castle siege mode with more interactable tools and minions (normal, captains and archers)

And maybe also more imprat of the faction war in the minions you have ... instead of fighting the ones of your own faction and also something more special if you capture an enemy base ;b

Einherjar25
02-26-2017, 01:40 AM
Have you seen where people are using that adapter that allows you to play any controller on all the main consoles and remap the buttons on any controller? I don't want to say the name of it in case that is seen as advertising.

Apparently some are getting this 70.00 adapter then remapping the keys to block using either the buttons or the pad. This makes it so you can block instantly.. it also lets you basically do auto feints. Its crazy what people are resorting to because some classes are just broke :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXKs9Zbu3U4

This should clearly be illegal mods. If a player change is control so that ONE button function as a series of TWO or more buttons it's an illegal mod. Automating anything is suppose to be illegal.

twibeyslakers
02-26-2017, 02:05 AM
Really the biggest problem is the spamming of guard break mostly from Heavys and Lawbringers is my only complaint. Get double teamed and can't even block bc it doesn't drain stamina fast to constantly guard break. Also revenge is getting ridiculous when 1 hit on a warlord conqueror or pk gives them revenge.

m3gas_
02-26-2017, 02:19 AM
Based on my experience with the game so far there are only 2 things that ACTUALLY need a nerf soon:

Revenge gain added by gear should only work if you get hit by at least 2 separate players in like a 3 second window and guard brakes should have something like a 2 second cooldown or even a longer one but only if it's made actually easier to connect.
Everything else I've seen so far is really just a part of the learning curve.

Derity
02-26-2017, 02:21 AM
What is diverse about peacekeeper lol

RaidoKnight
02-26-2017, 02:42 AM
I have 6 characters at rep 1 and non at rep 2; so I feel I'm less biased than most.

PK is the one I think needs a nerf bad badly.

If it isn't fixed guaranteed will quit...

bye bye, no one will miss you scrub.

copy paste:

1. Peacekeeper has the shortest range in the game.
2. Assassins have the lowest health in the game.
3. She is the only hero that can't punish after a wallbounce 95% of the time
4. Her Parry is only usefull against unblockables since she can't do anything but guard break if the enemy is close enough (not even a light attack is possible after parry)
5. Peacekeeper has the worst Heavies in the game, they are slow like Raider ones and at the same time the worst range.

So yeah, her zone attack is great, her 2 hit light chain is good, so what?
Nerfing her good tools and making her useless? or nerfing her good tools and buffing the bad ones, so she is not a unique hero anymore?
Do you want 12x Raider in this game?

zzzz

now leave or git gud.

SpoopyBoofs
02-26-2017, 02:52 AM

Sadly this happens with so many games, the moment someone doesn't know how to counter a tactic they instnatly scream from the rooftops "THIS IS SO OP, THEY BETTER NERF THIS", when in reality it's probably not and they just haven't figured out the proper counter tactic for it. Now, there are instantces where it does happen, and usually those things are fixed fairly quickly.

Derity
02-26-2017, 03:10 AM
1. Peacekeeper has the fastest attacks in the game.
2. Assassins have the best dodges in the game.
3. She can poison stab you twice and then throw you into a wall for a heavy attack.
4. Her Parry is only usefull against unblockables since she can't do anything but guard break if the enemy is close enough (just like almost every other character in the game.)
5. Peacekeeper has the fastest Heavy cancels in the game.

Fixed that for ya!

Einherjar25
02-26-2017, 03:38 AM
Fixed that for ya!

Thank you!

RaidoKnight
02-26-2017, 04:26 AM
Fixed that for ya!

you clearly never played her or don't have any idea of the game.

your points:
1. wrong, she has the slowest heavy attacks together with raider, only her light attacks are fast (the 2nd one)
2. so? low health in exchange for a good dodge, if you can't handle dodges you are just F.R.E.E.
3. impossible, she can't even use a light attack after a wall bounce, try it, make a video, show me 2x stab into heavy, lol it's IMPOSSIBLE
4. what? hahaha
5. all feint cancels have the same speed what are you talking about?

clearly a salty kid who just can't learn a matchup and cries .

Me as a berserker for example:
1. feint a heavy
2. see the mid-level Pk tries to sidestep you on reaction
3. parry and remove 30% of her HP / sidestep and go into mixups, it's your choice.

You can't feint? you are the problem not the PK.
You play Conqueror? blame ubisoft for the worst ZA + no feint options, not PK.

Panzer_Cmndr
02-26-2017, 04:29 AM
Want to see what class9es) are OP? Look at which ones people are migrating towards the most, which ones you tend to see the most of in each match. I know I see the same few a majority of the time, even had a match against 4 of the same class in the same match. There are OP classes in For Honor, there needs to be balance passes made.

Derity
02-26-2017, 04:40 AM
you clearly never played her or don't have any idea of the game.

your points:
1. wrong, she has the slowest heavy attacks together with raider, only her light attacks are fast (the 2nd one)
2. so? low health in exchange for a good dodge, if you can't handle dodges you are just F.R.E.E.
3. impossible, she can't even use a light attack after a wall bounce, try it, make a video, show me 2x stab into heavy, lol it's IMPOSSIBLE
4. what? hahaha
5. all feint cancels have the same speed what are you talking about?

clearly a salty kid who just can't learn a matchup and cries .

Me as a berserker for example:
1. feint a heavy
2. see the mid-level Pk tries to sidestep you on reaction
3. parry and remove 30% of her HP / sidestep and go into mixups, it's your choice.

You can't feint? you are the problem not the PK.
You play Conqueror? blame ubisoft for the worst ZA + no feint options, not PK.

Me as a PK for example:

1. Light attack
2. Light attack
3. Light attack

Daikuza
02-26-2017, 04:41 AM
Want to see what class9es) are OP? Look at which ones people are migrating towards the most, which ones you tend to see the most of in each match. I know I see the same few a majority of the time, even had a match against 4 of the same class in the same match. There are OP classes in For Honor, there needs to be balance passes made.

There is no OP class, the game is pretty balanced besides vortex and revenge.

Why do so many people play Orochi, Peacekeeper and Berserker?
Because they have style.
A fast attacker with stylish moves is much more appealing for the most people, including myself.

Warden and Warlord are way stronger (not OP) in the higher level "competitive scene" than the assassins.

Panzer_Cmndr
02-26-2017, 04:45 AM

Because they have style.
A fast attacker with stylish moves is much more appealing for the most people (including myself).

Warden and Warlord are way stronger in the higher level "competitive scene" than the assassins.

I strongly disagree. There are several OP classes in the game. Just a fact. I could go round and round with you and it would simply turn into a playground argument of nu-uh and uh-huh......

Derity
02-26-2017, 04:45 AM

Because they have style.
A fast attacker with stylish moves is much more appealing for the most people, including myself.

Warden and Warlord are way stronger in the higher level "competitive scene" than the assassins (not OP).

Because spamming light attacks is stylish! :cool:

RaidoKnight
02-26-2017, 04:50 AM
Because spamming light attacks is stylish! :cool:
learn to block and stop being an emotional salty crybaby with your 500ms reaction time.