PDA

View Full Version : I sure hope the combat is more advanced...

TheChrisTBH
02-26-2017, 12:03 AM
... than it is in the 15 minute preview. I believe there was only one attack in the preview in which you had to press a specific button to attack, unlike the others where you just chose it from the list and watch. I am well aware it's the pre-alpha... I'm just sayin. And with the fact that you can now push enemies into buddies, I hope there's a button for that as well, otherwise the enemy could maybe damage the buddy since they'd be pushed right into them? That would make the game more difficult (I.E fun), interactive and require more strategy.

Man, I'm just going insane waiting for this game.

ThanosAres
03-17-2017, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it will be a lot more advanced than what they shown, a lot of games that have an alpha preview build will simplify the combat as to not spoil things.

If not...well who plays these games entirely for the combat? The combat could almost literally be automatic and I'd still play just because of south park. Lol

But to iterate again that was one of their main focuses in interviews and so on touting that this game has a much more complex combat system than the stick of truth and if it was like what was demoed that would not be the case.

TheChrisTBH
04-14-2017, 03:26 PM
I hope there's more button timing than shown in the gameplay at least. Like Kite's move for example, you just picked it and then put the controller down to watch him do it. When he's doing that 1 second break between staying in the air and kinda charging his laser, why not have a button timing?

http://i.imgur.com/P7yJJuEh.jpg

Grymmstrife
07-11-2017, 10:51 PM
After watching the Peppermint Hippo demo I think its safe to say that the combat is better than in the Alpha. I hope we get to upgrade our techniques like in Stick of Truth though.

Grymmstrife
07-17-2017, 10:28 PM
Did anyone notice that the two guys that you beat up after the Lapdance minigame are talking to the press in the Farting Vigilante trailer?

TheChrisTBH
07-18-2017, 07:30 AM
The first gameplay we saw was clearly unfinished, I mean it waspre alpha. So that's good news. The Peppermint Hippo gameplay had button timing and all that. Some variation of it would be nice though, like having to hold down a button. Imagine if instead of just pressing A, or X, or Space or whatever to activate Kyle's laser eyes (the regular attack, not the special one) you had to hold it down a specific amount of time, and if you kept holding it, Kyle would lose some damage himself... I don't know, maybe the lasers get too large and burn his eyes? Just an idea to givet the combat even more depth.

And yes, I did notice. Lol

Grymmstrife
07-18-2017, 09:39 PM
That would be pretty cool if they added some button presses to the super attacks like that.

Grymmstrife
07-19-2017, 02:33 AM
I was re-watching the e3 2017 gameplay again and I noticed that while Captain D is classed as a Bruiser or whatever his attacks are all labeled something to do with Diabetes so maybe that footage last year of kenny using Demon titled melee attacks will be stuff unique to him and not what the netherborn has. I'm seriously hoping it was just pre-alpha.

TheChrisTBH
07-19-2017, 09:09 PM
I think the majority of the attacks are exclusive to the characters personalities, or mainly their superhero personalities. I mean we've seen the Brutalist attacks (not actually seen, but we've seen the images and the description of them) and they're nothing like Craig's or Scott's attacks.

Grymmstrife
07-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Yeah I hope those were just specials for the other characters that we've seen lol I don't know about using Token's attacks as a cyborg or kenny's netherborn attacks.