PDA

View Full Version : Clarification

Archo-Vax
02-25-2017, 11:09 PM
This is not a historical game. NONE of what's in the game has anything to do with real life. The Knights are "knights" in name, language, and aesthetic ONLY. Same goes for all of the other factions.

The reason I say this is because I constantly hear people compare each faction to their real life counterparts, when such comparison are completely erroneous.

SpoopyBoofs
02-25-2017, 11:49 PM
...Ok?

Gray360UK
02-25-2017, 11:52 PM
Well I for one am relieved to hear this is just a game and not real, every time I've passed a ladder this week on my way to work I've been waiting for a Viking to slide down it and knock me over.

*phew*

RatedChaotic
02-25-2017, 11:57 PM
Hmmmm Didnt see anything about "historical" or "real life" in the game description. Who cares? Its still awesome!

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 12:04 AM
You know what really grinds my gears about For Honor the most?

The fact that every class has somewhat historically accurate weapon designs, yet Wardens, from the looks of it, seem to be carrying around and fighting with oversized canoe oars.

Seriously, the two-handers in this game are at least 8 times thicker than they were / are in real life, not to mention that every Warden seems to be carrying William Wallace type Claymores and not actual two-handers...

A fine made Crusader two-hander in real life weighted roughly around 1.5 kilos, or 3.3 pounds, while in this game the guards alone are so thick that they could weight the same, and the entire swords look like 16 pounders

If I ever were to rage-quit this game, this would be the single, most infuriating reason I could find.

pancakerz
02-26-2017, 12:11 AM
You know what really grinds my gears about For Honor the most?

The fact that every class has somewhat historically accurate weapon designs, ye tWardens, from the looks of it, seem to be carrying around and fighting with oversized canoe oars.

Seriously, the two-handers in this game are at least 8 times thicker than they were / are in real life, not to mention that every Warden seems to be carrying William Wallace type Claymores and not actual two-handers..

If I ever were to quit this game, this would be the single, most infuriating reason I could find.

That could be a design choice for technical reasons rather than aesthetic. What I mean is that it's possible they felt the warden needed a certain amount of reach with his weapon in order to be properly balanced compared to his opponents. (Whether or not proper balance has been achieved is up for debate, but let's not derail the thread please).

Basically they (likely) didn't want him dashing around like an assassin class so they just made his sword longer. Also it looks cool.

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 12:14 AM
That could be a design choice for technical reasons rather than aesthetic. What I mean is that it's possible they felt the warden needed a certain amount of reach with his weapon in order to be properly balanced compared to his opponents. (Whether or not proper balance has been achieved is up for debate, but let's not derail the thread please).

Basically they (likely) didn't want him dashing around like an assassin class so they just made his sword longer. Also it looks cool.

Lenght? OK.

But thickness?

Even claymores are 4-5 times thinner than that, there really is no justification, especially when they sort of nailed all the other weapons... Axes are well sized, daggers are well sized, even the Samurai katanas have relatively correct thickness, so wtf is up with the oars, I mean swords

From what I know, a proper two-hander is roughly 10mm thick at the thickest part just where the blade continues from the guard and getting thinner right up to about the middle.

In the game two-hander swords look 3 centimeres thick , LOL

pancakerz
02-26-2017, 12:18 AM
Lenght? OK.

But thickness?

Even claymores are 4-5 times thinner than that, there really is no justification, especially when they sort of nailed all the other weapons... Axes are well sized, daggers are well sized, even the Samurai katanas have relatively correct thickness, so wtf is up with the oars, I mean swords

From what I know, a proper two-hander is roughly 10mm thick at the thickest part just where the blade continues from the guard and getting thinner right up to about the middle

sorry, I misread your comment. I didn't notice that, but now that you mention it I probably will have a good laugh next time I see a warden.

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 12:21 AM
sorry, I misread your comment. I didn't notice that, but now that you mention it I probably will have a good laugh next time I see a warden.

I kid you not :D

You know I've sat silently through a lot of errors, mistakes, glitches, servers and other BS durring my time in this game, but this one thing makes me want to flip the table in furious anger.

I really wish the Ubi-Sempai would notice this thread, I don't know what could be more important than fixing this :D