PDA

View Full Version : a suggestion

Ex__Machina
02-25-2017, 09:56 PM
it's clear the algorithm used for matchmaking places an emphasis on your account reputation. i understand the reasoning behind it, a higher acct rep typically translates to a firm grasp of the fundamentals.

however in practice it really hurts the motivation to starting a new character. wasn't so bad at first but i'm about to hit rep 7 and my highest rep char is 3

normally i'd jump into duel or maybe brawl to practice, however even on a sat afternoon i seem to only fight the same 3 people over and over. even after leaving after each fight i encountered the same 3 people in about 10 fights

so my suggestion would be to alter whichever algorithm you're using in matchmaking to place a higher emphasis on character level. i'm not saying ignore account rep, however at the moment it doesn't seem like char level is even being taken into consideration

tonycawley69
02-25-2017, 10:05 PM
The problem is there's no possible way for the matchmaking system to know your character level because you choose your character after matchmaking has occurred.

Ex__Machina
02-26-2017, 01:17 AM
The problem is there's no possible way for the matchmaking system to know your character level because you choose your character after matchmaking has occurred.

you make a valid point. my suggestion would therefore be:

don't form teams until everyone has chosen their character