PDA

View Full Version : Everyone quits because the lobby is a waste of time.

Derity
02-25-2017, 06:16 PM
The reason why everyone quits (including me) after a match, is because it seems just as fast, if not quicker to just leave a match and search for a new one rather than waiting for everyone to ready up.

The Ready up screen needs to be removed from the game and merged with the Character select screen. (Press start to Map Vote / Quit)

Not only will this result in less people leaving after every single match, it will also speed up the process of getting into the next match, lowering downtime.

I am ALWAYS going to quit after a match until this changes.

dfrozen1
02-25-2017, 06:38 PM
This is part of a bigger problem

Loading times and loading screens; this game has far too many and the load times are wayyyyy too long, Rainbow 6 had the same problem and still does partially although they made efforts to shorten it.

I suggest removing the ready up at the end of the match and automatically enrolling people in games; then allow them to quit to the main menu instead of the option being grayed out at the character select screen.

finally the load times need to be addressed; the game is best played in 1v1 2v2 but the load times are sometimes longer than the actual playtime currently.

is there anyword on these being addressed in the future ubisoft can they be adressed? i can't be the only one who is frustrated by the long load times.

NiahK
02-25-2017, 06:40 PM
the bigger problem is, that you play versus the same people again, and the matches are often just unbalanced. Nobody wants to play another unbalanced match versus the same guys they could not beat.

Trajan.
02-25-2017, 06:47 PM
the bigger problem is, that you play versus the same people again, and the matches are often just unbalanced. Nobody wants to play another unbalanced match versus the same guys they could not beat.

The teams are randomised from what i know each game, the major problem is your forced to click next multiple times while being abused with crap you have unlocked. And yes the timer should be a single 60 second countdown, and you should have access to deploying assets right away, aswell as simply be able to do it in the main menu, you should be able to save them for like 5 games before being forced to deploy them.
That way you can exit out and deploy your assets with no time limit.

NiahK
02-25-2017, 06:51 PM
the teams are randomized when there are no mates in the enemy team. You dont know that, so you leave.

Ccmancusi
02-25-2017, 07:20 PM
Agreed , it is way to much effort to play a round. i want to play a half hour, it takes what feels like 10 mins for a game to start. This game could been the perfect Quick play MP game thats not a FPS shooter. I love being able to play a MP game like this because i can run around and not just get shot in the back and killed.

Derity
02-25-2017, 07:46 PM
it takes about 1,5 minutes to be in a game. Donīt blow things out of proportion.

Whatīs really slowing the game down is
-Lobby disbanding
-people placing War Assets
-Disassembling stuff

Thatīs what needs to be streamlined.

Yeah the entire problem is the lobby screen, and not just because of those things too, some people just literally forget to press ready, my friend does it all the time. I've even seen (which seemed somewhat deliberate) the entire opposing team quit at the last second to force us into a vs bot match.

Another idea I had is that when the lobby screen finishes, it should then do matchmaking to fill up the missing players, because I think another reason people quit, is because they see others quit and don't want to participate in matches that have bots.

If the above was done, then also the lobby screen timer should be lowered to like 30 seconds.

EDIT: To be honest I still think just deleting the lobby screen is best. lol