PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand guard breaking.

lNogardl
02-25-2017, 11:52 AM
I don't get it, i need to known what factors in when you have the right for a free guard break. I know that after a parry against most characters you get a free guard break that your opponent cannot counter, but i swear ive seen people guarding attacks normally and they still get free guard breaks anyway, like the conqueror, bashes your attack with the shield, goes for a guard break, i cant counter it, like ever.

Is this just a timing thing or is it really a free guard break? It's so god damned confusing, even shugokis seem to get free guard breaks after normal guards.

dfrozen1
02-25-2017, 06:55 PM
I don't get it, i need to known what factors in when you have the right for a free guard break. I know that after a parry against most characters you get a free guard break that your opponent cannot counter, but i swear ive seen people guarding attacks normally and they still get free guard breaks anyway, like the conqueror, bashes your attack with the shield, goes for a guard break, i cant counter it, like ever.

Is this just a timing thing or is it really a free guard break? It's so god damned confusing, even shugokis seem to get free guard breaks after normal guards.

if you are guardbroken after you dodge you cannot counter guard break

if you are guard-broken after you are parried you cannot counter guard break ( most characters)

if you miss an attack and are guard broken you cannot counter guard break