PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Problem(s) with For Honor

Nico9k
02-25-2017, 02:31 AM
Hey guys, short intro. I have played numerous betas, submitted tons of feedback after every beta test and have now played every day since release. I have maxed geared a Berserker and a Warlord and split my time between all the game modes duel, brawl, dominion, elimination ect. Aside from the fact that we did not get dedicated servers like the community was asking for throughout all the betas there are still plenty problems with the game that could be addressed.
I made a short video explaining what I think the biggest problem is with For Honor. (Aside from the peer to peer and connectivity issues).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-eso2lCiv8

Suggestions, I’ll try to make this short without dropping a wall of text.

Gear Stats

Rework “Gain Revenge on Injury” stat, either completely replace this stat or make it much less potent let’s says by 1/3 of what it is now. You should not be able to just sit there taking free damage (not blocking, dodging or parrying) and still get revenge.
This still leaves the 4 remaining revenge stats far too good. I would suggest consolidating all 5 revenge stats onto 2 pieces of gear. For example revenge gain by injury, revenge gain by defense, and revenge mode duration on the same piece of gear.
Make Revenge mode have a one minute cool down. This should be a mechanic that should be a trump card and very situational that could turn the tide or battle if used at exactly the right moment. Not something you can spam in every fight.

Matchmaking

Matchmaking should be based on your hero level. You should not have to fight people with 108 gear score when you play a level 1 character in Dominion or Elimination. Most players that I talked to agree with this, and they also feel like they fight the same players over and over. My suggestion would solve a lot of these problems.

Revive

With revive time already being pretty short, feats like “speed revive” make revive time a joke and these character can just run around spamming revive over and over while being engaged in point blank combat. I suggest putting a cool down on revive for example “player x that has been revived recently cannot be revived for x amount of time” or make it more punishing like being revived with less health each time.

UbiJurassic
02-25-2017, 02:59 AM
Hey Nico9k, thanks for taking the time to create a video and write-up of your suggestions regarding For Honor! We appreciate the constructive feedback! :)

Zordrage
02-25-2017, 03:45 AM
Hey Nico9k, thanks for taking the time to create a video and write-up of your suggestions regarding For Honor! We appreciate the constructive feedback! :)

Would be nice if Ubi would actualy do something with these so called constructive feedbacks players giving since Beta..... no realy it would be nice....

Slowest developers for AAA games i saw in my life when it comes to patching even minor simple stuff....

UbiJurassic
02-25-2017, 04:06 AM
Would be nice if Ubi would actualy do something with these so called constructive feedbacks players giving since Beta..... no realy it would be nice....

Slowest developers for AAA games i saw in my life when it comes to patching even minor simple stuff....

Although we do receive a lot of valuable feedback from players, that is not the sole factor we consider when analyzing the game's balance. Being able to analyze game data provides us with the statistics we need validate certain aspects of feedback to make positive, educated changes that do not compromise the core experience of For Honor. Regardless, we have already started announcing upcoming changes (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements) based on player feedback. The game has only been out for less than two weeks, so we ask that you remain patient. We look forward to working with everyone to create an optimal balance in For Honor.

MONSTR-
02-25-2017, 04:36 AM
Agree, very little point to start new Heroes if you get matched up with people who are leagues above you.

Fuzzybutts
02-25-2017, 04:39 AM
Although we do receive a lot of valuable feedback from players, that is not the sole factor we consider when analyzing the game's balance. Being able to analyze game data provides us with the statistics we need validate certain aspects of feedback to make positive, educated changes that do not compromise the core experience of For Honor. Regardless, we have already started announcing upcoming changes (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements) based on player feedback. The game has only been out for less than two weeks, so we ask that you remain patient. We look forward to working with everyone to create an optimal balance in For Honor.

It's been over a week since this was posted, is there anything else that has been considered for changes? Could we get an update on these in the near future at least. I know it takes a while to get stuff done. I know the rumors about how UBI employees get treated like crap so I feel you guys don't deserve the rushing that everyone is putting on you. Updates to this would at least keep people a little quieter if there are other changes planned.

nf_Straydog
02-25-2017, 04:44 AM

Posts like this make me very hopeful for this game's future. I am glad that your team has started to have an active presence and response to players on the forums. Nothing is worse feeling to a player than a suspicion that the developers might not care. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I hope you are keeping tabs on the status of both top level play and low level play when making balance decisions. I see enourmous potential for a deep and fun competitive game lurking beneath the surface of For Honor.

Nico9k
02-25-2017, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback UbiJurassic. Cant say I'm not disappointed with the speed that you guys are rolling out those "upcoming changes" I would of thought they would be live days ago. I'm glad to hear you are listening though and I'm patiently waiting for the guard break change myself.