PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk Faction War Round 2 and the Knights

Lord-Arion
02-25-2017, 01:41 AM
It is very clear that one of two things are going to happen with the knights.

1. We make a comeback win and open beta hate gets amplified.

2. We get decimated, everyone deserts, rinse and repeat until knights are no more.

Im not here to debate the faction war balance as the majority dont see a problem with one faction being dismissed and made irrelevant in the faction war meta and Im just wasting my breath there.

But lets talk the future of the knights faction come round 2. Nobody wants to play for the side that gets double teamed and stomped into the ground all the time and struggle to display a number higher than 15 most of a war cycle.

Because nothing was done to balance the faction war and keep knights relevent they have a very poor image to incoming players, and members of the knights have little desire to keep fighting for the knights when they know they will just get pummeled by a viking/samurai double teaming. So between desertion and the faction being repulsive to incoming players due to not having any display of strength like samurai and vikings will there even be a knights faction to come back to next round? Is it safe to say that crapping on the knights nonstop because of open beta has killed them as a faction?

If yes then how do we keep them relevant in the faction war and make fighting for them not feel like the player made the "wrong" choice on a question that should have no wrong answer? If the knights crumble into nothing and are dismissed, crapped on, and made irrelevant how will that impact the long term health of the game. Players already express that the knights situation is killing their desire to play? Should those feelings be ignored?

Lets have a honest discussion here. Vikings and samurai that agree with the current meta and just want to crap on the knights please dont post. I want this to be a constructive dialogue and not a "Vikings got cheated, screw the knights!" parade.

I hope we can have a positive discussion here.

AgentCelt
02-25-2017, 01:45 AM
Knights aren't being double teamed. I don't even think majority of players even manually deploy their assets, the Knights are behind because their activity is low or they're playing game modes that reward less assets such as brawl and duel. Most dominion or deathmatch game modes I join are full of Samurai and Vikings which reward more assets, which help their faction more.

Lord-Arion
02-25-2017, 01:51 AM
Evidence dicates otherwise when most of the war sees the viking/samurai front go back and forth in stalemate while the knights are crushed from both ends and lose territories en masse 90% of turns. But again Im not here to discuss the balance as thats just a waste of time to debate as proven by my previous efforts. This post is in regards to how allowing the meta to play out as it has will effect the long term health of the game.

How will allowing knights to go the way of the MKX Lin Kuei effect the game down the road? Will players leave in droves because they are reminded on log in, between matches, when changing playlists, etc. that their faction sucks and will never be relevant? Will new players not buy the game because the faction they wanted to be a part of got crapped on until it was reduced to nothing over an open beta win? Thats the discussion here.

In MKX you can ignore the faction war and not care at all, but For Honor keeps the faction war always present with how its set up so you cant ever just turn a blind eye to it.

Sharps.
02-25-2017, 02:12 AM
Faction war has absolutely nothing to do with the game or gameplay, it is a simple extra mini game to add a faction feel to the game. Your faction does not mean anything whatsoever and does not do a single thing for you. One faction is always going to be lower than the other two in a round, and all you people on the forums and crying bloody murder because the faction map isnt even straight across the board? Of course its not, the first round is almost over its been going back and forth for almost two weeks and finally it caved on the knights side. Vikings were getting pushed hard for 3 or 4 days, then it switched to the knights, now the samurai are making a giant push for the round one finish line this sunday.

Round two will start and it all begins again, maybe round two vikings get hammered in. It boggles my mind that all of you think the faction war should never change and constantly be a stalemate in the middle with everyone having equal land for two weeks. The knights are losing round one, who cares? it doesnt effect your game at all and theres plenty of rounds to go still. Your acting like you shouldnt even play the game because your losing the side project mini game for ****s and giggles.

Lord-Arion
02-25-2017, 02:22 AM
Faction war has absolutely nothing to do with the game or gameplay, it is a simple extra mini game to add a faction feel to the game. Your faction does not mean anything whatsoever and does not do a single thing for you. One faction is always going to be lower than the other two in a round, and all you people on the forums and crying bloody murder because the faction map isnt even straight across the board? Of course its not, the first round is almost over its been going back and forth for almost two weeks and finally it caved on the knights side. Vikings were getting pushed hard for 3 or 4 days, then it switched to the knights, now the samurai are making a giant push for the round one finish line this sunday.

Round two will start and it all begins again, maybe round two vikings get hammered in. It boggles my mind that all of you think the faction war should never change and constantly be a stalemate in the middle with everyone having equal land for two weeks. The knights are losing round one, who cares? it doesnt effect your game at all and theres plenty of rounds to go still. Your acting like you shouldnt even play the game because your losing the side project mini game for ****s and giggles.

You can act like this "mini game" doesnt matter but the rest of the world clearly doesnt agree with that statement or else there wouldnt be people talking about balance of the faction war and people talking about how knights getting crapped on is killing their motivation.

You say maybe it will be vikings that get hammered in round 2 but evidence from alpha, closed beta, and open beta and the past two weeks shows that knights will always be struggling and trying not to hit 0 territories.

Ignore it all you want but crapping on the knights because seeing their faction perpetually routed isnt an enjoyable thought for them doesnt solve anything. Burying your head in the sand isnt going to prevent the irreperable damage that will be done to For Honor by just telling Knights to suck it up and accept endless double teaming and constant 3rd place for 90% of the war as their fate. There is a balance problem but Im not here to debate that. This post is here to discuss the problem we face regarding the knight problem and the damage crapping on them non stop has done and will continue to do to For Honor

Sofun2me
02-25-2017, 02:25 AM
I have fought with my pk since day one. I also almost always dominated a lobby. Until I watched my teammates watch me double teamed and also was attacked by my own team also. One more and I have tested this a hundred times. Why when I am attacking different directions constantly does a Gard kept on top block an attack from a left or right. I am looking at there gard it dosen't change and they still block.

p.s. I'm not referring to the warlord

Lord-Arion
02-25-2017, 02:29 AM
I have fought with my pk since day one. I also almost always dominated a lobby. Until I watched my teammates watch me double teamed and also was attacked by my own team also. One more and I have tested this a hundred times. Why when I am attacking different directions constantly does a Gard kept on top block an attack from a left or right. I am looking at there gard it dosen't change and they still block.

p.s. I'm not referring to the warlord

What does class balance have to do with knights being crapped on as a faction and causing mass exodus as a result?

Starcanum
02-25-2017, 02:30 AM
https://game-forhonor.ubisoft.com/#/en-gb/faction-war
Yes, knights are a bit behind, but not nearly as much as you're trying to say.

20 17 24 24 26 25 15 17 15 14 19 17 17 18 15 21 27 20 17 18 21 18 12 18 19 23 15 23 15 17 16 15 18 22 14 11 18 20 12 14 12 14 07 09 09
20 15 15 18 24 19 22 28 34 36 28 22 29 23 28 26 17 24 22 21 15 24 30 31 24 17 19 14 17 17 12 18 25 16 23 26 27 18 19 15 21 14 20 28 35
20 28 21 18 10 16 23 15 11 10 13 21 14 19 17 13 16 16 21 21 24 18 18 11 17 20 26 23 28 26 32 27 17 22 23 23 15 22 29 31 27 32 33 23 16

45 rounds total.

Knights average = 17.3, Vikings average = 22.1, Samurai average = 20.6.

Knights had 20+ in 13 rounds, 15+ in 36 rounds (89% is kinda far from the 10%).
Vikings had 20+ in 27 rounds, 15+ in 43 rounds.
Samurai had 20+ in 25 rounds, 15+ in 38 rounds.

It's not even clear what exactly the faction war will give us, but knights aren't that decimated. Maybe they're just too busy typing DEUS VULT! in chat after a game instead of allocating the war assets to the right points.

Sharps.
02-25-2017, 02:38 AM
You can act like this "mini game" doesnt matter but the rest of the world clearly doesnt agree with that statement or else there wouldnt be people talking about balance of the faction war and people talking about how knights getting crapped on is killing their motivation.

You say maybe it will be vikings that get hammered in round 2 but evidence from alpha, closed beta, and open beta and the past two weeks shows that knights will always be struggling and trying not to hit 0 territories.

Ignore it all you want but crapping on the knights because seeing their faction perpetually routed isnt an enjoyable thought for them doesnt solve anything. Burying your head in the sand isnt going to prevent the irreperable damage that will be done to For Honor by just telling Knights to suck it up and accept endless double teaming and constant 3rd place for 90% of the war as their fate. There is a balance problem but Im not here to debate that. This post is here to discuss the problem we face regarding the knight problem and the damage crapping on them non stop has done and will continue to do to For Honor

It still doesn't effect your gameplay at all. And what evidence? knights did well in closed beta and knights won the open beta round. Cant win them all.

CaptianBeetle
02-25-2017, 02:41 AM
Remember how Knights were kicking *** in the beginning? For at least a week. Then the fire nation attacked.

The problem is the games modes and how they switch around. I usually see domination on one of the Knight territories, and that is the one that offers the most points.

Not sure if that is actually the case, but that is my own observation when I log on.

Lord-Arion
02-25-2017, 02:42 AM
https://game-forhonor.ubisoft.com/#/en-gb/faction-war
Yes, knights are a bit behind, but not nearly as much as you're trying to say.

20 17 24 24 26 25 15 17 15 14 19 17 17 18 15 21 27 20 17 18 21 18 12 18 19 23 15 23 15 17 16 15 18 22 14 11 18 20 12 14 12 14 07 09 09
20 15 15 18 24 19 22 28 34 36 28 22 29 23 28 26 17 24 22 21 15 24 30 31 24 17 19 14 17 17 12 18 25 16 23 26 27 18 19 15 21 14 20 28 35
20 28 21 18 10 16 23 15 11 10 13 21 14 19 17 13 16 16 21 21 24 18 18 11 17 20 26 23 28 26 32 27 17 22 23 23 15 22 29 31 27 32 33 23 16

45 rounds total.

Knights average = 17.3, Vikings average = 22.1, Samurai average = 20.6.

Knights had 20+ in 13 rounds, 15+ in 36 rounds (89% is kinda far from the 10%).
Vikings had 20+ in 27 rounds, 15+ in 43 rounds.
Samurai had 20+ in 25 rounds, 15+ in 38 rounds.

It's not even clear what exactly the faction war will give us, but knights aren't that decimated. Maybe they're just too busy typing DEUS VULT! in chat after a game instead of allocating the war assets to the right points.

Name me two factions that have seen multi day 30+ leads. Now name me a faction that more often than not sits deep in third with the other two constantly knocking on their stronghold door. Knights are the only faction to be pushed below 10 and also have never seen the 30 mark achieved. Yeah we have had leads, but notice that knights have it for a turn before getting buried where vikings and samurai can surge and hold multi day leads. When things so often look bleak for a faction players will either leave or bandwagon. Knights do not have the presence of the vikings and samurai. As a faction we have nothing drawing players to our side. Why help the faction that always looks screwed when you can join the vikings and samurai and have that winning appearance. Success draws players, endless failure repells them.

Starcanum
02-25-2017, 02:55 AM
Name me two factions that have seen multi day 30+ leads. Now name me a faction that more often than not sits deep in third with the other two constantly knocking on their stronghold door. Knights are the only faction to be pushed below 10 and also have never seen the 30 mark achieved. Yeah we have had leads, but notice that knights have it for a turn before getting buried where vikings and samurai can surge and hold multi day leads. When things so often look bleak for a faction players will either leave or bandwagon. Knights do not have the presence of the vikings and samurai. As a faction we have nothing drawing players to our side. Why help the faction that always looks screwed when you can join the vikings and samurai and have that winning appearance. Success draws players, endless failure repells them.

Idk about you but I didn't join my faction because it was leading in some faction war. When I checked it I was a little salty that we seem to be losing a lot of the time but I didn't even consider switching. People just pick what they personally like.

Lord-Arion
02-25-2017, 03:12 AM
I joined the knights because they line up with my ideologies. I wont ever switch but gamers are a fickle bunch. Crap on them and they will take their business elsewhere.

Knights led day 2 before being buried the rest of the faction war. And the guy who posted regarding knights averaging 17 territories. Thats exactly the point. Our average performance is on a downward trend whereas vikings and samurai average on an upwards trend. Nobody wants to be on a sinking ship and so people bandwagon. Letting a faction collapse this way will do nothing good for the long term health of the game.

The knights dont want to win every round, that mentality is displayed more by the vikings that raged because they didnt clean sweep all the testing phases. Knights want a fair shot in the war so that they arent repulsive as a faction to incoming players. Knights want to earn their wins, not have them achieved because the balancer kicks in so hard that samurai and vikings are forcibly defeated on the final day.

We want it to be balanced all around, for no faction to be so dominant that everyone bandwagons them, or so heavily crapped on that everybody deserts them.

osprey2014
02-25-2017, 04:01 AM
A long time ago in a game called warhammer online my guild rolled Destruction we was in a very well organised alliance with top PvP guilds. We owned Order to the point open PvP was non existent scenarios never popped. Order stopped playing. We all had lvl 50 geared characters so what did our guild do we rerolled to Order leaving behind fellow guildies and alliance friends.We started again our friends and old alliance became our enemies and guess what we rejuvenated that server formed new guild alliances taught them how to PvP and yes Order became victorious we bested Destruction.

The moral is simple if the Knights lose this battle the challenge will be for the next and who knows Vikings Samurai may chose the challenge and switch.

If Unisoft could implement a chat channel for each faction that would be a start hard for consoles but may be do able

Lord-Arion
02-25-2017, 05:07 AM
A long time ago in a game called warhammer online my guild rolled Destruction we was in a very well organised alliance with top PvP guilds. We owned Order to the point open PvP was non existent scenarios never popped. Order stopped playing. We all had lvl 50 geared characters so what did our guild do we rerolled to Order leaving behind fellow guildies and alliance friends.We started again our friends and old alliance became our enemies and guess what we rejuvenated that server formed new guild alliances taught them how to PvP and yes Order became victorious we bested Destruction.

The moral is simple if the Knights lose this battle the challenge will be for the next and who knows Vikings Samurai may chose the challenge and switch.

If Unisoft could implement a chat channel for each faction that would be a start hard for consoles but may be do able

Sadly that is doubtful to happen, its to popular to crap on knights over the open beta. Why would they ever join us to even the odds?