PDA

View Full Version : Shield Spams

TheSplash5
02-25-2017, 01:36 AM
Shield dash needs to be switched from unblock able or fix the dodge. I cant tell you the number of times i have died from a shield spam. And i shouldnt have to explain what the shield spam is. WE ALL KNOW. and save your "Git Gud" comments. because youre probably the ones that do this. It drives me crazy to think that someone can actually log in to a game just to spam other players. taking the fun right out of the game.
And also Valkyrie spam. The one were she sweeps your feet. I can manage this one because I am a good player and can block it. However, if she successfully lands it once, its over. She can then get you next 2 hits in while you're on the ground getting up and her third hit is unblock able and un parry able. Very frustrating. We should be able to parry her last hit if anything.
And dont get me started on the bleed effect.

TheSplash5
02-25-2017, 02:00 AM
you can easily dodge valkyrie sweep.Just sidestep and then gb her, free damage. What she can do is make a gb attempt herself, but there is a long time window where you can react to the right thing.

The bigger problem with shield spams is not that they are in the game, but that most people do not know how to counter them because the situation is rare and you can not train this in detail without a friend.

It would be amazing if this game had a training mode similar to Street fighter EX alpha, where you need to full fill specific objectives. This would really help people to understand mechanics and how to play against certain things.

I agree that it would be nice to have such training program in the game, but honestly this game isnt that difficult. Games like street fighter, mortal kombat, etc. Have many different combos that you NEED to know to be successful. For Honor has 3 per character, which you only need to really know 1 to win a 1v1. And yes i know that when fighting experienced players you need to know your character inside and out and fight with a mix of all you combos. But for the game being young, you can squeeze by with 1.
And to touch on you comment about people not knowing how to counter a spam. I disagree. My account has a total of 10 reps. It safe to say ive been in almost every situation possible and honestly nothing can be done about a sheild spam. only them running out of stamina.

TheSplash5
02-25-2017, 02:09 AM
sorry that i have to bet that guy, but you also said you canīt counter valkyrie. Which is just wrong. So i guess you have to look a bit harder.

I said she lands it once, she can then just repeat. Basically until shes out of stamina. I also said i dont have trouble with her. My point was that she can just spam that combo if successfully landed.

Zordrage
02-25-2017, 03:31 AM
and i said that she can not and i explained what you have to do to avoid it.

acting like players if good can void it 100% of the times.... yeah no it will get you once or twice and then the prob comes

Also freaken shield bash spam is broken literaly follows you while you Dodge/dash and still hits you..........

ThePollie
02-25-2017, 04:33 AM
It would be amazing if this game had a training mode similar to Street fighter EX alpha, where you need to full fill specific objectives. This would really help people to understand mechanics and how to play against certain things.

I agree. I'd like to practice the Warden's crushing counterstrike, but trying that in standard play is hard. The timing is off and it's hard to stop myself from parrying on muscle memory.

zwaggs33
02-25-2017, 11:13 AM
What about the bleed effect?

Lionardudu
02-25-2017, 11:16 AM
The only way to make shield spam to work is to push you on a wall ....
if u are not on a wall just side dodge and gg.

if u keep trying attacking or just look a conqueror its normal that u lose XD
if u get pushed on a wall so its the same to be pushed on spike or trow off .... its your fault that dont dodge.

And remember that Conqueror cant feint .... so u can just parry his slooooooow attack and he cant do nothing after.