PDA

View Full Version : this game is on the verge of dying quicker then anticipated

Azrakel2
02-25-2017, 01:33 AM
Just going to say for a fighter game that realy took to my liking at first. I have to say its truly reaching a breaking point and I predict will die far sooner then relized. the class imbalance and the broken player ui is just ludicrous. gonna be honest from the videos I saw of closed beta. the game realy took to my liking. when open beta came out there were simple flaws that needed tweaking. live version of the game. totally fell beneath my expectations. Truth of the matter is the game has a broken guard break / counter guard break system. Dodging is outta wack and sluggish and a lackluster if ur not ddging into attacks. or when dodging a guard break still getting hit buy a guard break or attack. bleed effects don't even serve as an advantage for classes such as the peace keeper / nobushi the bleed effects do the work for them. sad to say it. having played a week and half since launch. the game has fallen beneath my expectations.

Exaffect
02-25-2017, 01:37 AM
Yep. Encouraged cheese and pay to win will kill it

Sofun2me
02-25-2017, 01:59 AM
Just going to say for a fighter game that realy took to my liking at first. I have to say its truly reaching a breaking point and I predict will die far sooner then relized. the class imbalance and the broken player ui is just ludicrous. gonna be honest from the videos I saw of closed beta. the game realy took to my liking. when open beta came out there were simple flaws that needed tweaking. live version of the game. totally fell beneath my expectations. Truth of the matter is the game has a broken guard break / counter guard break system. Dodging is outta wack and sluggish and a lackluster if ur not ddging into attacks. or when dodging a guard break still getting hit buy a guard break or attack. bleed effects don't even serve as an advantage for classes such as the peace keeper / nobushi the bleed effects do the work for them. sad to say it. having played a week and half since launch. the game has fallen beneath my expectations.

I agree.Don't know all the moves names but bear with me. The law bringer dosen't even have to face me and still hits me with the shove using the poll arm. As an advent pk user I can agree that the dodging is not timed properly. I dodge and get hit by a Gard break a second later. I'm not guarding I'm dodging and a Gard break steal gets me. My bleed takes so long to kill that if I wait for it there are 3 other players on me within seconds and I die wile they regain full health at there zone.

p.s. also I cant believe ubisoft nerfed the pks becouse people where wining about losing. Yo guys already had it right. if you get another complainant about the pk Nerf all other classes Gard duration as of now the pk is the only one I know of that dosen't have a permanent Gard hold. Making guarding VERY difficult hence dodging rather than guarding and getting hit by a Gard break

TruBmp
02-25-2017, 02:16 AM
this game has issues that need fixing on various fronts. from the 5 clicks you need after a match to just see all the numbers and proceed over gear imbalance to alot of finetuning to classes,options and some basics of combat.

BUT nothing you are talking about is a problem. GB counter is working great if you take the time to actually learn the timing.gb tracks dodges. Some attacks have wide arcs or increased tracking or you just dodge before the attack actually launches.

all of what you are complaining about is solvable by just learning the game. if this already is too much info to take in then dont start a real fighting game where you have to learn like 50times more things just to get to slightlyabovetrashtier...

The_Mensan
02-25-2017, 02:24 AM
The game isn't dying... There's a lot of new player joining everyday, what are you talking about?

Obviously, the OPENING day is going to be huge, but everyday afterwards will have less players, but the game is actually growing. Not everyone is a complainer and whiner and loser...

Also, the survival of a game has nothing to do with X amount of players; it has everything to do with Y amount of whale... If a billionaire decide to play a million dollar a year into the game, he can keep it alive himself... There's nothing your whining can do about it.

PopeJohn_Pwn
02-25-2017, 02:47 AM
The game isn't dying... There's a lot of new player joining everyday, what are you talking about?

Obviously, the OPENING day is going to be huge, but everyday afterwards will have less players, but the game is actually growing. Not everyone is a complainer and whiner and loser...

Also, the survival of a game has nothing to do with X amount of players; it has everything to do with Y amount of whale... If a billionaire decide to play a million dollar a year into the game, he can keep it alive himself... There's nothing your whining can do about it.

there is only 30k online on a friday night. That's pathetic considering last week it was around 100k.

its dying real fast

xEvanKillerx
02-25-2017, 02:50 AM
yeh wish they had a satisfaction guaranteed thing like what ea had for battlefront, either that or bought a hard copy so i could take it back, with all the issues at release and dealing with the clunky feel it has with a controller. was fun for the first 10ish hours but then it's flaws just feel more apparent and hard to ignore. plus the people are toxic af. rip $60

CaptianBeetle
02-25-2017, 02:52 AM
there is only 30k online on a friday night. That's pathetic considering last week it was around 100k.

its dying real fast

Depends on where you are for it to be "Friday Night"

Also, on a friday night, i'd expect people to be out drinking and chill, and not being gremlins on For Honor. Kek.

#ProudGremlin

CarnivalLaw
02-25-2017, 03:31 AM
Agreed. Among many disappointments - and a ton of fun stuff! - I was perhaps most shocked that there is a pay-to-win mechanism.

PKUSUB
02-25-2017, 09:51 PM
I dont know about that. i cant speak for xbox or pc, but on the ps4 there were 90k-100k yesterday night, and today there are 102k currently online.

FUEGONOMICS
02-25-2017, 10:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6efgTVDmvpo

the 56k modem noises are classic, i feel like i would have been less angry between disconnects if i had made those noises myself. the rest of the video speaks for itself, this game is bad, no question. Badass beta to bad launch, i cant even comprehend what the business strategy is.