PDA

View Full Version : Dominion needs a no gear queue

Planetus-
02-25-2017, 12:27 AM
I understand gear isn't everything, however either matchmaking is completely busted or I'm just very unlucky, for the last two nights I've been matched against rep 5+ individuals with 100+ gear score in Dominion pretty much every game, my account is fresh and only has a level 10 Shugoki on it.

While a lot of these high gear scored people are in general not that skillful and definitely killable it saps all of the fun out of the game to be outplaying a guy on point, only for him to get revenge after I hit him twice and proceed to 2-hit me when I'm playing one of the highest health heroes available.

Adding a 'no gear' variant of Dominion would make everyone equal with better teamplay/gameplay decisions mattering more than the numbers on your equipment, it would even make Dominion tournaments more viable for guilds/clans as then people wouldn't have to worry about optimizing equipment loadouts.

Planetus-
02-25-2017, 01:10 AM
Edited for clarity.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-25-2017, 01:13 AM
Why just dominion. Why not Skirmish and Elimination then? Why not just get rid of gear completely ...

I understand gear isn't everything, however either matchmaking is completely busted or I'm just very unlucky, for the last two nights I've been matched against rep 5+ individuals with 100+ gear score in Dominion pretty much every game, my account is fresh and only has a level 10 Shugoki on it.

While a lot of these high gear scored people are in general not that skillful and definitely killable it saps all of the fun out of the game to be outplaying a guy on point, only for him to get revenge after I hit him twice and proceed to 2-hit me when I'm playing one of the highest health heroes available.

Adding a 'no gear' variant of Dominion would make everyone equal with better teamplay/gameplay decisions mattering more than the numbers on your equipment, it would even make Dominion tournaments more viable for guilds/clans as then people wouldn't have to worry about optimizing equipment loadouts.

SpoopyBoofs
02-25-2017, 01:15 AM
100% agree, I would honestly love to play Dominion without Gear Score weighed in. I think it would make for a very fun mode with less focus on killing people as fast as possible and actually capturing the point.

It would be nice to have the option for players who would like that, while still keeping the option for Gear Score for those who prefer it.