PDA

View Full Version : The need for dedicated servers

PreachySpider88
02-24-2017, 09:11 PM
I cannot believe that for an AAA game that cost millions of dollars to make has no dedicated servers. You have people that spend close to 100 plus dollars on this game if they buy season pass plus steel. Every time I try to play with my friends, my firends or I get dropped. This is rediculous. As a company, how did Ubisoft not spend the extra money on getting dedicated servers. Is there any response from the devs or community managers?

Banicks
02-24-2017, 09:19 PM
There is no community/developer communication once a Ubi game is released.

They have your money, add them to your black list and never buy one again :)

TheLawbring3r
02-24-2017, 09:38 PM
There is no community/developer communication once a Ubi game is released.

They have your money, add them to your black list and never buy one again :)

Is that why I see one post in four different general threads, today, 2/24, from an Ubisoft community manager?

FredEx919
02-24-2017, 09:43 PM
As far as connectivity issues, we'll continue working on this. We have some known issues related to grouping with friends that may be the cause. We're working on those issues and should have some new details regarding the upcoming update early next week.

Ka8ha
02-25-2017, 03:12 PM
As far as connectivity issues, we'll continue working on this. We have some known issues related to grouping with friends that may be the cause. We're working on those issues and should have some new details regarding the upcoming update early next week.

I am thankful for this official recognition for our Problems. Please think about a refund/compensation for lost champtime/steel/xp for hours of waiting in a queue or getting disconnects beginning/mid/end of a match and receiving nothing.... we invested money for this awesome game, but changes need to be made before even thinking of a recommendation or to invest maybe more...

Einherjar25
02-25-2017, 05:09 PM
I cannot believe that for an AAA game that cost millions of dollars to make has no dedicated servers. You have people that spend close to 100 plus dollars on this game if they buy season pass plus steel. Every time I try to play with my friends, my firends or I get dropped. This is rediculous. As a company, how did Ubisoft not spend the extra money on getting dedicated servers. Is there any response from the devs or community managers?

Absolutly, this is what defines a company. This is what seperates great company and "good" company. This is what defines a company like Blizzard and Ubisoft. Blizzard always do whats RIGHT and not what's more profitable. They ALWAYS have dedicated servers, they ban people by the THOUSAND, theyliterally have multiple post about it for each of their game. But poor little Ubisoft wants to save money on the servers instead of doing right by their playerbase.

They are showing interest in making the game better by changing certain classes and the GB mechanics. Which is cool but, they are clearly showing no interest at all for dedicated servers. The fact that they release this game without them as their final stance shows that, no amount of complaining will make them release dedicated servers. Why? Because their mentality is to save money to start with, and now that they sold the majority of their sells, they basically "have gotten us".

I was stupid enough to buy this instead of Overwatch, my friends are laughing at me! :/

Ragnar---
02-25-2017, 05:14 PM

So just details and no patch?.. Surely that can't be true.

Waynedetta40k
02-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Blizzard always do whats RIGHT

This is very well only your PoV
Blizzard does alot of **** too
like:
Completly **** up Diablo fanbase
Content recycling
Expensive Microtransactions

the list goes on.

My point is all companys are there to make profit (in germany this is part of the definiton of what a company is by law) and some do forgett that reputation and customer service even if they are expensive at first bring more profit in the long run than fast money. Actually I believe Ubi knows this and P2P was not (atleast not only) implemented because its cheaper.

Drekle
02-25-2017, 05:20 PM

You guys are using AWS. Spinning up beefier AWS VM's would be better than the current implementation. You can even scale it down as your playerbase shrinks to zero.

What you've done is just passed the cost of having a heavier infrastructure on to us with a lackluster design.

Einherjar25
02-25-2017, 05:28 PM
This is very well only your PoV
Blizzard does alot of **** too
like:
Completly **** up Diablo fanbase
Content recycling
Expensive Microtransactions

the list goes on.

My point is all companys are there to make profit (in germany this is part of the definiton of what a company is by law) and some do forgett that reputation and customer service even if they are expensive at first bring more profit in the long run than fast money. Actually I believe Ubi knows this and P2P was not (atleast not only) implemented because its cheaper.

You're opinion of their game here is irrevelant. If you don't like their game, wether it'd be Diablo or not, is just fine by me. I'm not trying to convince anyone that their game are good. I understand very well the notion of having to make a profit, it's only logical. But not releasing servers just to make MORE profit it's just dumb. By your logic, almost no game should release dedicated servers because it cuts into their profits right? A company is by law, suppose to make profit.... like really? WTF is this? Why was P2P implemented then? If it's easier to hack, lags more most of the time, etc ??? Please explain because I'm only seeing profit here.

edit* I never claimed Blizzad was perfect, they are not, no company is. But you want to talk about profit? The numbers speaks by themselves. You can talk **** about Blizzard but they clearly squash Ubi, maybe that's because they TEND (tend being a keyword here) to handle situation better. As far as reycling content goes, people PLAY! Look at WoW, they know exactly what they are getting into and they keep buying, unlike me and For Honor.

Waynedetta40k
02-25-2017, 07:00 PM
You're opinion of their game here is irrevelant. If you don't like their game, wether it'd be Diablo or not, is just fine by me. I'm not trying to convince anyone that their game are good. I understand very well the notion of having to make a profit, it's only logical. But not releasing servers just to make MORE profit it's just dumb. By your logic, almost no game should release dedicated servers because it cuts into their profits right? A company is by law, suppose to make profit.... like really? WTF is this? Why was P2P implemented then? If it's easier to hack, lags more most of the time, etc ??? Please explain because I'm only seeing profit here.

edit* I never claimed Blizzad was perfect, they are not, no company is. But you want to talk about profit? The numbers speaks by themselves. You can talk **** about Blizzard but they clearly squash Ubi, maybe that's because they TEND (tend being a keyword here) to handle situation better. As far as reycling content goes, people PLAY! Look at WoW, they know exactly what they are getting into and they keep buying, unlike me and For Honor.

I dont talk about opinion there IS stuff that ****s up the d3 playerbase thats very well related to profit.
Just 3 easy examples:
D3 Release was HORRIBLE the servers HAD WORSE connectivity than the actual p2p connectivy of for honor because they didnt invest enough
REALMONEY AH completly screwed over the whole d3 gameplay it was about gold farming instead of farming items
Telling the community Blizzcon 2016 will be awesome to give everyone high hopes and then announce only 1 character dlc for somewhen in 2017 was a shock for the community.
This is only for D3 where Blizzard saved money in general they are leaving all the big games behind which made them great when there isnt a permanent flow of money
When Blizzard had their glory days they cared alot about players until they merged with activision. Guess why they wont release playernumbers anymore for WoW? Because this game is reaching new deeps every addon they release. Ofc people play but the same goes for ubi games.

By my logic P2P has advantaged over Servers that have been disscussed in this forum more than enough. And if those advantages outweight servers than so be it. Iam not going to disscuss p2p VS dedicated here and now with you because there is no reason to do so. There is an interview where the dev clearly states no p2p no game so there is no need for a disscussion because it wont go anywhere anyway. Because I dont like your tone I wont link the interview either you believe it or look for it yourself for your own good, because if you do not like p2p and you cant life with it better go for a refund right now.

Maybe all this is fine to you, but also alot of people are fine with p2p. Its all about opinion if mine doesnt mate so your wont either

Einherjar25
02-25-2017, 08:27 PM
I dont talk about opinion there IS stuff that ****s up the d3 playerbase thats very well related to profit.
Just 3 easy examples:
D3 Release was HORRIBLE the servers HAD WORSE connectivity than the actual p2p connectivy of for honor because they didnt invest enough
REALMONEY AH completly screwed over the whole d3 gameplay it was about gold farming instead of farming items
Telling the community Blizzcon 2016 will be awesome to give everyone high hopes and then announce only 1 character dlc for somewhen in 2017 was a shock for the community.
This is only for D3 where Blizzard saved money in general they are leaving all the big games behind which made them great when there isnt a permanent flow of money
When Blizzard had their glory days they cared alot about players until they merged with activision. Guess why they wont release playernumbers anymore for WoW? Because this game is reaching new deeps every addon they release. Ofc people play but the same goes for ubi games.

By my logic P2P has advantaged over Servers that have been disscussed in this forum more than enough. And if those advantages outweight servers than so be it. Iam not going to disscuss p2p VS dedicated here and now with you because there is no reason to do so. There is an interview where the dev clearly states no p2p no game so there is no need for a disscussion because it wont go anywhere anyway. Because I dont like your tone I wont link the interview either you believe it or look for it yourself for your own good, because if you do not like p2p and you cant life with it better go for a refund right now.

Maybe all this is fine to you, but also alot of people are fine with p2p. Its all about opinion if mine doesnt mate so your wont either

1 - I never experience the lag in Diablo 3 you talk about personally, god honest truth.
2 - Real AH was horrible and guess what? Did they shy away from removing it!? No they removed it. Another great decision.
3 - You attack WoW and their player numbers? GUESS WHAT? Of course the game is twindeling down its been out for 13 freaking years!!! BIG SUPRISE HERE?
4 - Of course you won't discuss the servers here because there is nothing to discuss. If P2P was better, all AAA title would run on it. Also, you say the devs said it's P2P only/exclusively; I saw in a Q&A "Unlikely" to the question about having dedicated servers. Personally I think it's a BS answer just to shut up the players but hey... there's some inconsistencies here...
5- It's a no refund policy so I'm not getting my money back. I was told you coudn't get a refund, if you can, please clarify, because I've been thinking about it for 2 days now.
6- Your comments had no foundation. You shy away from explaning why P2P is superior then dedicated servers while using my "tone" as an excuse. Very lame... If you had answers and you truly believe in their P2P system you would provide them. There is so many thing wrong here with P2P but you're just being a fanboy.

Miadous
02-25-2017, 08:43 PM
I have seen some people being successful getting refunds, even for their digital purchase. Some referenced this: https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

Clearly, the game is faulty. It's full of errors and bugs.

Ski_nnyman
02-25-2017, 08:50 PM
The game is losing connectivity a lot today! I'm playing on PS4.

KillerMDH
02-25-2017, 09:41 PM

Thank you for keeping in touch with us I really appreciate that.

Miadous
02-25-2017, 10:11 PM

Just got on today, starting the orders, the first 3 matches I had for the order Elimination vs AI to get takedowns haven't been able to "Retrieve the Data" after the match. So those matches didn't count. Unless, eventually the data magically gets retrieved and it adds the stats later on.

Einherjar25
02-25-2017, 10:14 PM
Just got on today, starting the orders, the first 3 matches I had for the order Elimination vs AI to get takedowns haven't been able to "Retrieve the Data" after the match. So those matches didn't count. Unless, eventually the data magically gets retrieved and it adds the stats later on.

But listen, we are the problem apparently. Their P2P system is god's gift to competitive online game! Didn't you know?

Tyrjo
02-25-2017, 10:30 PM

Same here. Right now I can't start a game at all. Connectivity issues throughout the day. It hasn't been this bad before.

BrudaVoo
02-25-2017, 10:48 PM

Yes, I also play on PS4. There were a lot of disconnects during my play, a lot of players were dropped out of matches, and me also...

Waynedetta40k
02-26-2017, 10:12 AM
1 - I never experience the lag in Diablo 3 you talk about personally, god honest truth.
2 - Real AH was horrible and guess what? Did they shy away from removing it!? No they removed it. Another great decision.
3 - You attack WoW and their player numbers? GUESS WHAT? Of course the game is twindeling down its been out for 13 freaking years!!! BIG SUPRISE HERE?
4 - Of course you won't discuss the servers here because there is nothing to discuss. If P2P was better, all AAA title would run on it. Also, you say the devs said it's P2P only/exclusively; I saw in a Q&A "Unlikely" to the question about having dedicated servers. Personally I think it's a BS answer just to shut up the players but hey... there's some inconsistencies here...
5- It's a no refund policy so I'm not getting my money back. I was told you coudn't get a refund, if you can, please clarify, because I've been thinking about it for 2 days now.
6- Your comments had no foundation. You shy away from explaning why P2P is superior then dedicated servers while using my "tone" as an excuse. Very lame... If you had answers and you truly believe in their P2P system you would provide them. There is so many thing wrong here with P2P but you're just being a fanboy.

1. On relase it was unplayable people couldnt join because of some errors, this is quite legendary i bet you will find alot if you go on youtube^^
2. How long did it take them to remove it? Would be fine if Ubi takes as just as long to get dedicated servers? If i remember correct it took more than a year?
3. Acutally no surprise but part of the reason is repetitive and recycelt content. Ofc there are players going because its old.
4. No, P2P has certain advantages like no ping difference but it works only with a few players ingame and such, its not my job to educate you, its yours. You want to discuss here so you better do your "homework" and inform yourself about what you are disscussing ... lol ...
5. I do not know how law is in your country but in general if you buy a faulty product its your right as customer to get a refund. If the game doesnt work for you its clearly faulty isnt it?

https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights
or here
http://www.consumerhelp.ie/your-rights
or here
www.google.com

You can get help if you’re treated unfairly or when things go wrong. This includes:
faulty goods

6. The thing with "foudation" is why don't you give any? Why do you think servers are better than p2p? Ever took a look at cs:go servers, the official ones are so ****ty that it makes pros play in private leagues like faceit. If you want foundation you better start giving some for your arguments. Ever played WoW Battlegrounds/Arena against russians?#NOLAG! lol ...

G_to_the_H
02-26-2017, 11:28 AM
+1

Nikalay_II
02-26-2017, 12:13 PM

I'm sorry but **** your "Working on this". Working on this properly looks like this. You come out and state that you are actively restructuring the code to make it work with dedicated servers only which you already have hosts for. This peer2peer **** is ****ing everyone over. I cant even complete my dailies because the ****ing game resulted in an connection error which in turn led to the objectives completed not counting.

So fucxk your "efforts" because they mean **** and are as full of **** as every ****ing comment made by Ubisoft ever since.concering this topic. **** this!

every game you guys design, I wont buy. No matter what. You ****ed up division. you ****ed up this ...you straight up **** up every IP because your leadership is full of **** when it comes to proper decision making. FU ubisoft, havent been so mad at a company for decades like I am now.

Thanapetus
02-26-2017, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=Einherjar25;12369866 Blizzard always do whats RIGHT and not what's more profitable. :/[/QUOTE]

As someone who played Blizzard games competitively to great success this statement made me spew fruity pebbles against my monitor. I had earned every single achievement for the Arena, was one of the first HWL during the Tarren Mill/Southshore Zergs and was personally invited by Mike Morhaime to give input on class balance.

They DO NOT do whats always right. They do what makes the casual player happy first because THAT is the majority of their customer base in WoW. Overwatch is different, that game is specifically designed for ESPORTS and will be centered around that. Again, they go to their ESPORTS designated roster and use their feedback first UNLESS you have convincing evidence and post it to social media/battlenet and even then it has to be duplicated for them to even consider it. They even unofficially trademarked "SOON"

There are 3 glaring problems with this game.

1) Revenge mode
2) Pay to freaking win
3) Toxic community

3 - is just part of the internet and nothing can be done about it unless you become a nazi on the forums. 2) Isnt a problem unless you can use the steel for competitive mode then it is a huge catastrophic disaster that will chase off MLG and the like. 1- Revenge mode is cancer and I honestly feel that if you rely on it, you cant play worth a ****. I deliberately set my gear to minimize revenge just to add that next level of difficulty. Nothing satisfies you more when you take out that revenge spamming in a 1v1 piss poor playing nooblar with parrys, dodges, and better skill.

Einherjar25
02-26-2017, 09:23 PM
...They DO NOT do whats always right. They do what makes the casual player happy first because THAT is the majority of their customer base in WoW...

Really? What you are saying that Blizzard make decision base on the majority of their playerbase? Wow that's weird, I thought they would cater to the minority. Tsk tsk tsk, who would have thought?

Beside that, I agree Revenge is an issue.

BlackAgent9
02-27-2017, 12:17 AM
For all you casuals who want dedicated servers: Do you really know what you're asking for? Competitive play is what makes multiplayer games last for the long run, and if you introduce lag into the game, this game won't be able to be played competitively....With this particular combat system, lag would literally make this game unplayable, and you fools want that

Braegulfer
02-27-2017, 12:25 AM
I do not think the issue is p2p or dedicated servers since I have played comp games that use both. Generally twitch games, like fighters and small squad shooters use p2p. I don't care which system is used as long as it works a lot better than it currently does. It looks like some changes have already been implemented, and more are on the way, which is good. I love the game, and I'll continue to stick it out as long as progress is being made and problems are being addressed.

However, I am getting really impatient for the changes outlined in announcements over ten days ago. I took 1.5 days to change GB-counter between ob and release and ten days since they announced that they were changing it back without a peep in the interim. It's getting....frustrating.

troops_2015
02-27-2017, 12:31 AM
For all you casuals who want dedicated servers: Do you really know what you're asking for? Competitive play is what makes multiplayer games last for the long run, and if you introduce lag into the game, this game won't be able to be played competitively....With this particular combat system, lag would literally make this game unplayable, and you fools want that

I wonder if some, not all, of the arguments come down to:

'Would you rather play a game that amounted to looking at a screen that said ERROR 0000xxx000'

Or

'Would you rather play a game that had some lag'.

That is the perception that some will have of your statement and obviously the lack of seeing it from the others view point will lead to friction.

Where the second option could be

'Play another game and let the people it works for enjoy it'

Its only a fkin game.

ManjaManjaManja
02-27-2017, 12:33 AM
https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-ubisoft-please-add-dedicated-servers

Delectable_Sin
02-27-2017, 12:35 AM
People, if you're serious about a refund, every bank in the world will refund you if you just say that the game wasn't what you expected.