PDA

View Full Version : Faction War Feels Unbalanced?

SpoopyBoofs
02-24-2017, 08:40 PM
Hey there,

I think the Faction War is a really neat idea and love how it's persistent throughout all consoles. That being said, I feel as though my contribution means jack, the game never makes me feel like deploying my assets to make any sort of difference. I've started to simply let it spend it across all territories and as of writing this, Knights just seem to be getting destroyed left, right and centre.

It would be a lot more fun if the factions were more balanced out and the fight for territory wasn't mostly between just two factions.

How do you guys feel about the Faction War? What would you like seen changed? Or are you a weeaboo and happy with everything ;) :P

Alchemist-21-
02-24-2017, 09:22 PM
Hey there,

I think the Faction War is a really neat idea and love how it's persistent throughout all consoles. That being said, I feel as though my contribution means jack, the game never makes me feel like deploying my assets to make any sort of difference. I've started to simply let it spend it across all territories and as of writing this, Knights just seem to be getting destroyed left, right and centre.

It would be a lot more fun if the factions were more balanced out and the fight for territory wasn't mostly between just two factions.

How do you guys feel about the Faction War? What would you like seen changed? Or are you a weeaboo and happy with everything ;) :P

One person's never going to make much difference because of the sheer number of people playing the game.

If there were a point in getting to the enemy stronghold I would say the best thing is to see a strong 1-zone-wide path to the strong hold developing, and for faction members to deploy assets along that path to keep the faction's strength gathered there. However it doesn't seem to make a difference if you reach the stronghold or not unless you have to completely surround the stronghold to do something.

Of course it's still better to deploy assets to a zone that's closely contested. No point in wasting assets on the 53/47 zone when there's a 49/50 that could be tipped back into your favor.

SpoopyBoofs
02-24-2017, 09:29 PM
I also wish it was explained better. Because the tipping points seem so random to me. Is it possible to gain back a 60/40 or it's simply pointless to even try? I try to look for 49/51 to deploy it, but my biggest issue is lack of any sort of showing I did something. My assets simply don't feel like they are helping my faction.

To be fair, I don't honestly know what I'd like changed to reflect what I'd want, but I don't think any faction should be pushed back to 9 territories so easily. Seems as though the battle is mostly Samurai Vs. Vikings with Knights just wanting to fit in :P

Alchemist-21-
02-24-2017, 09:48 PM
I also wish it was explained better. Because the tipping points seem so random to me. Is it possible to gain back a 60/40 or it's simply pointless to even try? I try to look for 49/51 to deploy it, but my biggest issue is lack of any sort of showing I did something. My assets simply don't feel like they are helping my faction.

To be fair, I don't honestly know what I'd like changed to reflect what I'd want, but I don't think any faction should be pushed back to 9 territories so easily. Seems as though the battle is mostly Samurai Vs. Vikings with Knights just wanting to fit in :P

I think it would be worth something if they showed you, alongside your total war assets deployed, the total assets deployed by your faction and the average number of assets deployed per faction member. That way you have a sense of how much you're contributing to the overall number as well as compared to the other players in your faction.

Another good addition would be showing the total assets deployed on each specific zone by all the factions fighting for it. The percentages are more easily influenced by each contribution to a lower-populated zone than a higher populated zone. I know this contradicts my earlier point of going for the 49/51 over the wider-gaps, but that's due to the limited info we have to work with. With more info we could make better decisions about which zones would benefit more from the assets we deploy.

SpoopyBoofs
02-24-2017, 10:05 PM
I think it would be worth something if they showed you, alongside your total war assets deployed, the total assets deployed by your faction and the average number of assets deployed per faction member. That way you have a sense of how much you're contributing to the overall number as well as compared to the other players in your faction.

Another good addition would be showing the total assets deployed on each specific zone by all the factions fighting for it. The percentages are more easily influenced by each contribution to a lower-populated zone than a higher populated zone. I know this contradicts my earlier point of going for the 49/51 over the wider-gaps, but that's due to the limited info we have to work with. With more info we could make better decisions about which zones would benefit more from the assets we deploy.

Totally agree, that would help a ton.