PDA

View Full Version : [SEAMLESS MAINTENANCE] All Platforms: Join In Progress Improvement

eric.pope
02-24-2017, 08:18 PM
Today (Feb 24th) at 3:00pm EST (20:00 UTC) we will enable a change via a seamless maintenance, with no downtime. This change will improve the experience for players joining a match in progress in 4v4 modes. We are reducing the window of time that a player can be placed into an in-progress match, so the likelihood of being put into a match that's almost over will be greatly reduced. This, in turn, should reduce the number of players dropping before a match ends.

Details below.

Dominion:
-Join In Progress time reduced from 4 minutes to 2 minutes. (IE you cannot be placed into a match that's already beyond the first two minutes of play.)

Deathmatch:
- Join in Progress time reduced from 4 minutes to 1 minute.

Please let us know if you this improves your experience, as we continue to work hard on addressing connectivity issues players are running into. We are very aware that connectivity in general is a very big topic here and you should know it is truly our top priority on the development team. There are a lot of different topics rolled into "connectivity", such as Matchmaking, NAT, Grouping, Stability, Join in progress, and more, each of which needs consideration when talking about the overall connectivity experience.

SpoopyBoofs
02-24-2017, 08:25 PM
Awesome update! Glad to hear you guys are working on connection issues. Hopefully the process of joining a match is progress is faster as half the time I think it's a regular match due to waiting 45 seconds, having the check mark and then finally being out into it.

Tyton
02-24-2017, 08:34 PM
I like that you updating you servers but you still need to fix you servers. Please get dedicated servers instead peer to peer. I appreciate I can load in faster so that my connection to kick me out a lot sooner and save time on peer to peer. But that's still time wasted. It would be a lot better if you made anything over 2v2 on dedicated servers. Peer connection is good for duels and brawls until they use lag switches...

i3Heretic
02-24-2017, 09:14 PM
As I can't seem to complete a game mode other than 1v1 without disconnecting how about you fix connection issues I might as well join the almost over match since that's about the only way Ill complete a dominion

Sincerely 10 for 10 on disconnects today.

Banicks
02-24-2017, 09:31 PM
Today (Feb 24th) at 3:00pm EST (20:00 UTC) we will enable a change via a seamless maintenance, with no downtime. This change will improve the experience for players joining a match in progress in 4v4 modes. We are reducing the window of time that a player can be placed into an in-progress match, so the likelihood of being put into a match that's almost over will be greatly reduced. This, in turn, should reduce the number of players dropping before a match ends.

Details below.

Dominion:
-Join In Progress time reduced from 4 minutes to 2 minutes. (IE you cannot be placed into a match that's already beyond the first two minutes of play.)

Deathmatch:

Please let us know if you this improves your experience, as we continue to work hard on addressing connectivity issues players are running into. We are very aware that connectivity in general is a very big topic here and you should know it is truly our top priority on the development team. There are a lot of different topics rolled into "connectivity", such as Matchmaking, NAT, Grouping, Stability, Join in progress, and more, each of which needs consideration when talking about the overall connectivity experience.

Can you explain how you concluded preventing players from joining a game towards the end, will prevent players from dropping?

Solid_Shake-
02-24-2017, 09:35 PM
do you know when the update will be finished? when i join a match now [234 CST] the game lags incredibly hard when in combat with another player, followed by an error code and then disconnection. happened 3 out of 3 times different modes. im hoping that this "seamless" update is the issue while its going on and not after the update is finished.

FREEDOM from
02-24-2017, 09:42 PM
Can you explain how you concluded preventing players from joining a game towards the end, will prevent players from dropping?

This! To me that sounds like "we have no idea why people keep dropping early from matches so hopefully this helps?

Miadous
02-24-2017, 10:25 PM
So after the 2 or 1 minute mark, you can pretty much count on only having those lovely bots on your team the rest of the entire match?

Onna_Bushi
02-24-2017, 11:32 PM
Please fix the disconnection errors, we are talking about a paid game not a free to play

Unregistered
02-24-2017, 11:48 PM
Fix the connection issues, headphones (75% of people don't know to enable them), when there are 6 players in dominion and you put 4 on one team and 2 on the other instead of a even 3vs3, I've killed people then all of a sudden they are back alive in like 1 second. My internet is amazing also, not some slow connection so don't say it's my fault pls.

Nate
02-25-2017, 01:12 AM
When are the servers going to stop kicking people cause it's really really REALLY annoying. I paid for an o line game and PlayStation plus.

King-Templar
02-25-2017, 01:48 AM
Ok Well Please Sir figure this connectivity issues out because like someone said it is a paid game and my champion status is not being used properly and is running out soon also amounts of steel I must have lost through connection errors.

Good luck i would be lying if i said I'm not frustrated but I now understand that Ubisoft is at least trying through this Post.

Vordred
02-25-2017, 03:22 AM
Excellent, get's really tiresome joining games that are all but over.

TBH_Saeko_Irri
02-25-2017, 03:45 AM
Congrats. But for your information I am still waiting like 10 min in matchmaking to finally get an error message... And I still can't manage to turn NAT green....

tacticsofficer
02-25-2017, 03:50 AM
Please please please if possible please begin work as soon as you can on ensuring players are not dropped while in a match. As I had this happen 2 games in a row just recently with 2 matches. I'm glad that it looks like this is getting looked into but it's still going on pretty bad, and lag is really hitting hard at times with moments where you see your opponent over there and then all of a sudden he's hitting you. The dropping of players while in a match due to server errors is the major one I think that needs fixing and should be focused on most.
I'm much less concerned with joining a match near the end as at least I get points and usually kills, but when joining a match, whatever point in the game it may be, and being dropped means you have to start all over again, if you completed an order, sorry do it again. If you gained exp, assets, steel, all gone. In other words, this seems the most crucial area that needs serious work. Joining matches is great, but lets make sure players can stay in the match first.

x_xoathkeeperx_x
02-25-2017, 05:48 AM
I have tried, but been kicked from Every, Single, Game since 5 EST today. I have tried 20+ games, but every game I am kicked from before it can end. I have made no progress on any orders because of it. Anyone else having this issue since the work done today?

Unregistered
02-25-2017, 06:57 AM
Just got the game today and after downloading it I am stuck at the main menu saying "installing game content" and it's been a while. Any info on this?

tacticsofficer
02-25-2017, 08:09 AM
One other glitch, can you fix this issue:

Normally when revenge activates anyone who tries to hit you at that moment gets knocked down. Now, I've been hit in 2 on 1 or more battles and got hit at the exact moment when I begin to activate revenge mode and the weapon still hits. I'm not sure if this is the game not registering multiple hits or what but this has happened several different times where I activate revenge mode and hits still come in. I've learned if you hit the opponent a moment after he activates the hit will get through which makes sense, but if it's right as it's activated that should always block the opponents strike unless there's something I'm missing on how revenge mode works.

Thank you for your help on this : )

valroman1984
02-25-2017, 08:29 AM
To be fair, within the three hours that i played today, i only experienced getting disconnected once or twice. This made matchmaking a little longer because you can no longer join mid game but this somewhat solved the disconnection issue on my side. Well ubisoft, thanks for the remedy.

xxRedRocketxx
02-25-2017, 04:07 PM
I downloaded the game/installed it on PS4 and completed the tutorial. I'm waiting in game while a message on the lower right corner says "installing game content" and it's been sitting there for almost an hour and i'm unable to play story mode or anything else. Is this normal?

tacticsofficer
02-25-2017, 05:16 PM
@xxRedRocketxx I'm not a moderator but I've seen that on PS4 before. There's two download parts for the game, there's the first part which lets you look at the game and use some content and then there's the full download where you can play everything completely. To give you an example with this game and another, Playstation allows you to download lets say about 5-10 GB out of 20-30, depedning on the games size, as you only need a certain amount to actually get to the menu screen, or play a certain part of the game. However, as this is only part of the game downloaded, the game still will lock everything else as there's no game content available yet to utilize.
I had this same issue when I downloaded the Watchdogs game, I didn't realize I couldn't progress in the story until the full download was complete, as I got to the menu after downloading a small part of the game and was able to play some of the beginning first story mission, but the game would automatically stop me after nearly exiting the building in the very beginning as the game basically allows a preview of things while you wait for the full content to install, however, as that's really only part of the game that's just as it is a preview screen.

Check to see if your download on your console has fully completed or if there's more that's still downloading. If the game has fully completed download I'd go ahead and respond back as that shouldn't be happening, if it is still downloading, you just have a little longer to wait.

tacticsofficer
02-25-2017, 05:22 PM
I do have one question on For Honor though, I noticed players are getting the message they have to have PS + in order to play multiplayer in For Honor. This is a bit ridiculous for this game, I know that may be a Sony company thing but I'd like to comment for others with this issue that this is really not something that should be required. The game basically is a multiplayer game. To list out, you don't have split screen so you can't play locally with friend(s). You have a semi-decent length story, not worth $60 but fun and well detailed. Outside of this you have just about most of the content tied to ranking and unlocks of things done in multiplayer. It seems very unfair to players to buy a game that's for multiplayer and then be told you have to pay extra to actually play multiplayer. Anyone else getting the paradox here.

If possible could a patch be put in to allow players to play without PS +. It's not that we can't spend the money guys it's that we've already spent the money, why require more?

Unregistered
02-25-2017, 05:24 PM
Whenever I attempty to join any game in any game mode, it searches for games for about 30-60 seconds then tells me a network error occured. So it'd be nice if you guys would fix this.

E-A-X
02-25-2017, 06:09 PM
Seamless Update (Deathmatch) doesnt work. Still joining into games that are more than 4 minutes in, ive even joined a match that was 5 seconds before winning (Player vs AI).

Anyways ive reinstalled it after like 6 days of a break, now im still encountering massive downtimes, still encountering connection errors, still seeing freezing games etc. This game is meant to be offline, like playing it for 2 hours and im uninstalling it one more time - im not wasting my time on orders etc while this game kicks me out 365289769834889 times before i even get into playing this game.

Also like its now out for 11 days, so almost 2 weeks and not even a single patch has yet addressed this massive garbage networking, or better call it ubisofting because this aint a online network anymore.
Aswell these forums are massive trashcan fail aswell, "website not reachable" after posting, endless loading etc. the best ubisofting ever.

OBS + Shadowplay not working 100% because of easy ****** cheat, keyboard shortcuts not working prolly because this game is too stupid to realise an USB Hub, that has both my controller and keyboard running etc.
Queing for Elimination end up 362362362342342 times in ******mish games, cant select hero ALT F4... game errors, and i dont ****ing know what is going on with this ****ing For Bugs game!

This game makes me rage every ****ing time, when i start this ****ing 80€ advertising **** up i cant even skip the useless stuff .... GG!

Demonicjaz
02-25-2017, 06:13 PM
I'm playing on the xbox one and I have seriously been in the match making screen for 30 minutes, it either can't find a game or just keeps searching. The game is pretty great, when you can play. If not fixed within a week it'll be taking a trip to GameStop.

Cowadlina
02-25-2017, 09:09 PM
Since this forum is the only one I got replied from UBI representative Im askin again.
When those changes are going to get live?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements?
Iam asking for 14 days. Answer "soon" is not working anymore, because nothing happend for almost a week.

Unregistered
02-25-2017, 10:10 PM
So in character customization, on PS4, I've encountered a bug when trying to change the look of my Orochi's helmet from Baiken to Hagane. I have more than enough steel and a hagane helm to copy. The problem is when I highlight the look, and hold "X" to select the change, all I get is a big loading symbol that will sit on my screen for anywhere from 30 sec. to a couple minutes. Please patch this!

Unregistered
02-25-2017, 10:54 PM
I'm just going to say that this is a great game with potential but when I pay about 120 dollars for a game I expect it to be flawless with the technology and smart nerds out there there should be no problems only multiplayer I get is against a i and I have green nat and a champion status that's is ticking on the clock I think it would be wise to get this **** done before people just start giving up on this company and decide not to spend stupid money on a half *** t game

Astrolite.
02-25-2017, 11:11 PM
Please fix the disconnection errors, we are talking about a paid game not a free to play

Correction its a buy to play game that requires not subscription in order to play. So basicly its still a free to play game once you purchased it.

Seifer_Firehart
02-25-2017, 11:25 PM
Correction its a buy to play game that requires not subscription in order to play. So basicly its still a free to play game once you purchased it.

Correction. It's a buy to not play game. Because the game doesn't ****ing work. Wasting time trying to play this ****.

AveImperator85
02-25-2017, 11:40 PM
Correction. It's a buy to not play game. Because the game doesn't ****ing work. Wasting time trying to play this ****.

The game works just fine. Servers are just down at the moment. This occasionally happens with ANY online game. Calm your tits, child.

icecreamtaco69
02-25-2017, 11:43 PM
i am not getting xp or rewards from dominion
xbox1

also says i have new customization options and gear that isnt new

IF_Torbjorn
02-25-2017, 11:44 PM
NAT turns red. Why?

Rune
02-25-2017, 11:51 PM
NAT turns red for me to. Do U have problem with synchronization from cloud to? I cant join to any game.

Seifer_Firehart
02-25-2017, 11:58 PM
The game works just fine. Servers are just down at the moment. This occasionally happens with ANY online game. Calm your tits, child.

This occasionally happens with ANY online game. This ALWAYS happens in this ****ing game. Take your kindergarten *** and **** off.

The_Schredder1
02-25-2017, 11:59 PM
How is the update progressing, because just a few hours ago i could join a match in 1-2min, now i can't join one at all, it just keeps searching with no end in sight. hopefully this wil be fixed soon...

Reuket
02-26-2017, 12:00 AM
NAT turns red. Why?

Me too! It was working great until this morning, but now I'm red and unable to connect to a game.

Seifer_Firehart
02-26-2017, 12:01 AM
Ubisoft is terrible at making games. Great at making people angry though. I feel like i paid 80 euros to have rage inducing experiences.

Andrei
02-26-2017, 12:02 AM
Well, this update made the game crash for me, then I wasn't able to get back online, and after about 1 hour, when I got back, my NAT type changed to RED/Strict from GREEN/Open. My internet speed is about 150mb/s as shown by my PS4.
Please, tell me this is getting fixed.

Yohei_Mito
02-26-2017, 12:03 AM
NAT turns red. Why?

OOOh Man , so I'm not the only one...
My nat turned strict from nowhere, I always had it in green, so far ... what the **** is going on???

Also, they are not synchronizing the data saved in the cloud... C'MON!!!!!!!! for the love of god!!

Seifer_Firehart
02-26-2017, 12:05 AM

I sincerely hate people like you. Saying that game works just fine, denying any problems the game has with your passive aggressive attitude. I would gladly smash your ****ing face because when I'm aggressive, i'm aggressive for good.

Andrei
02-26-2017, 12:10 AM
OOOh Man , so I'm not the only one...
My nat turned strict from nowhere, I always had it in green, so far ... what the **** is going on???

My NAT turned from Open/green to Strict/red a few minutes ago as well, after the crash, I don't know what the hell is going on.

AveImperator85
02-26-2017, 12:14 AM
I sincerely hate people like you. Saying that game works just fine, denying any problems the game has with your passive aggressive attitude. I would gladly smash your ****ing face because when I'm aggressive, i'm aggressive for good.

Haha, whatever you say, internet tough guy. I bet you're a 16-year-old, 90-pound noodle. I never said this game doesn't have problems, I said to calm the **** down because you're acting like the game never works at all when this is the first actual, legit outage it's ever had. Have some ****ing patience and wait for the game to come back up. In the meantime, read a book, watch a TV show, listen to some music, kiss a girl. Do something productive with your life instead of making hollow threats against people on the internet from behind your keyboard.

vzOdinson
02-26-2017, 12:17 AM
I can't even join a match now.

sh.0.tcalla
02-26-2017, 12:23 AM
I can't even join a match now.

for last few hours all multiplayer is low and i can't get in any matches and my NAT is RED. what is that? I dont see anything on forums about current issues.

drumcooler
02-26-2017, 12:28 AM
maintenance on saturday... good decision Ubisoft, good decision

Seifer_Firehart
02-26-2017, 12:29 AM
Haha, whatever you say, internet tough guy. I bet you're a 16-year-old, 90-pound noodle. I never said this game doesn't have problems, I said to calm the **** down because you're acting like the game never works at all when this is the first actual, legit outage it's ever had. Have some ****ing patience and wait for the game to come back up. In the meantime, read a book, watch a TV show, listen to some music, kiss a girl. Do something productive with your life instead of making hollow threats against people on the internet from behind your keyboard.

The game when works, it works barely. Your insults are of 12 year old. You don't even know the game has problems coz you just sit on forums, ****ing keyboard warrior. I bought this game to relax from work and that's why it pissed me off it doesn't work, especially on free weekend. Gladly this forum has ignore feature, so see you never again, maggot.

IanScott2012
02-26-2017, 12:38 AM

Details below.

Dominion:

Deathmatch:

Up till now I've had the same as everyone else, but now I'm getting bad nat and couldn't join your servers to get into the game....this is a shambles.

UbiJurassic
02-26-2017, 12:48 AM
Up till now I've had the same as everyone else, but now I'm getting bad nat and couldn't join your servers to get into the game....this is a shambles.

As other players have said, we are currently experiencing outage across multiple games. We will be updating everyone using this post (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1590864-Degradation-Ubisoft-Services) when our services return to normal.

UnderSG
02-26-2017, 12:53 AM
It seems that on every platform it shows the nat as red and is not allowing me to connect to any of the modes and will not let me play with my friends please fix this soon thank you

THICCTimbsSANIC
02-26-2017, 12:56 AM

finally some one with some sense everyone's saying the games bad its a maintenance check go outside or something there doing thses checks to make the game more enjoyable for YOU everyone needs to just chill tf out.

THICCTimbsSANIC
02-26-2017, 01:01 AM

The game when works, it works barely. Your insults are of 12 year old. You don't even know the game has problems coz you just sit on forums, ****ing keyboard warrior. I bought this game to relax from work and that's why it pissed me off it doesn't work, especially on free weekend. Gladly this forum has ignore feature, so see you never again, maggot.

the ignore button is for people like you all you are is negativity no constructive criticism towards the game just 'this doesn't work the way i want so i hate it' if you dont like the game dont play it no one asked for you opinion anyway and there are no huge issues with the game just features you dont like which were already announced before the release like p2p so you only have yourself to blame if you dont like the setup now go make someone else's thread toxic instead of this one

Chicknwing22
02-26-2017, 01:03 AM
Hey my nat has changed from open to strick since yesterday, i have done nothing different and my internet/Router is always really reliable, any suggestions or reasons why it has changed?

SkiAF
02-26-2017, 01:35 AM
Maybe it means something else in French?

Aisar87
02-26-2017, 01:53 AM
Problem with this change is now if someone leaves you are permanently down a player. This will encourage the team that is down a member to leave because the match is ruined at that point unless you are cool with having a bot which might really suck depending on the class and bot level. Hard enough to get a game in the first place now we can very easily have our games ruined and the leaver gets no penalty.

I don't see the intended change being beneficial enough to be worth the problem that has been created. I have been playing nonstop and I don't have a big enough issue with joining late games to feel this was needed. The big change that we should be focusing on is now that annoyingly long matchmaking to find a decent game that isn't all region/all skill, go ahead and double that wait. We need to take steps towards making multiplayer more convenient, faster and less frustrating, not the other way around.

ZackAwesomeness
02-26-2017, 01:58 AM
We are all getting strict NAT in game, and the matchmaking service is not working, I thought you said that this was going to be "seamless"?

Aisar87
02-26-2017, 02:03 AM
We are all getting strict NAT in game, and the matchmaking service is not working, I thought you said that this was going to be "seamless"?

Wrong thread. Try http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1590864-Degradation-Ubisoft-Services

FRAKTICA
02-26-2017, 02:35 AM

Really! This will certainly not impact people leaving late in a match, but it will eliminate the possibility of stronger players joining then and turning the tide.

It looks like my worst fears for this game are coming true. They are responding to the forum whiners complaining about being put into in-process matches; this does not bode well at all :(!

Unregistered
02-26-2017, 02:39 AM
Hey Ubisoft this game is really fun when the online works please get your **** together

AKDagriZ
02-26-2017, 02:48 AM
hey common i had things to do today . i wanted to come home and play the game I already paid the game 90 $ plus i bought via steam pack of steel for like 35 $.It s not nothing i even bought a new controler yersterday. I absolutely dont give a **** to any problem we have because the remaining bugs are the same there was in Closed beta and open beta . My patience is extremely wearing out

hewvis
02-26-2017, 02:49 AM
Seamless like im stuck on red nat cant get a game at all ...replace this ****

GregoryMcFlint
02-26-2017, 02:54 AM
As other players have said, we are currently experiencing outage across multiple games. We will be updating everyone using this post (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1590864-Degradation-Ubisoft-Services) when our services return to normal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38sPNZ8QHO4
<iframe allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" class="imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-JoHct-true-540" scrolling="no" src="http://imgur.com/a/JoHct/embed?pub=true&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.ubi.com%2Feditpost.php%3Fd o%3Dupdatepost%26postid%3D12372320&w=540" id="imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-JoHct" style="height: 500px; width: 540px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;"></iframe><script async="" src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Unregistered
02-26-2017, 06:44 AM
Please fix these issues with getting disconnected, i did not spend 100 dollars to be drop constantly! Love this game, but getting frustrated