PDA

View Full Version : The Toxicity in this game is just "too damn high"?

r0u9hneck
02-24-2017, 07:55 PM
So, I've spend quite some time with For Honor by now. I've seen people on both sides going for "honor duels" and I've seen people ganking the crap out of everything in sight.
But in every match, there is at least this one or two guys with very, very toxic behaviour.
I don't know why, but this game is actually one of the worst games I've every came across, player-wise.

There are people threatening others, insulting them (or their families, especially mothers), making up bad excuses like "hacker / scipter confirmed" and so on.
And to top this off, there is no functionality given to report someone for his behaviour. People tend to go all out on it, especially when they know, that it wont be punished. The only thing you can do, and what I usually do, is to ignore it.

The reason why I took the time to open this thread is, that I just came along a very funny encounter with a very toxic guy. The other one didnt write anything in All. But I found it quite amusing, since it's just so ironic.
It was a 2v2 match. First round was lost with a 0-1. Next round I took my enemy out, went over to spectate my teammate and his opponent and didnt intervene in any ways. Suddenly my teammate said that I had "no honor" in team chat for not helping him? He also called me a noob and instantly left the match.

Then, I was facing 2 players with a bot on my side. I struck down my oppenent, went to the other guys and saw my bot getting executed. I then signalized I was ready to fight and won that fight. The last round was the icing on the cake. My bot died like instantly or I didnt even get one (the bot disappeared from the score board as well) and I had to fight 1v2. I got one before the other one arrived and there was even a revive. I end up with a 7-1 win and get called "honorless" and a "bastard" for winning a perfectly fair match (on my part), yet they were the ones with "no honor".

There's a screenshot of the chat and scoreboard: http://imgur.com/a/PrRNS
Of course they left before we got out of the match (dunno why people do this now. Does it prevent stats being saved or something?) and thus appear as 2 bots.

So, why do you think people are so toxic in for honor?

Knight.Bishop
02-24-2017, 08:01 PM
Not saying you didn't have your experiences - but I've experienced the exact opposite. Virtually no toxicity, and most games ending with "Good Fight!" emotes and the like.

damon1085
02-24-2017, 08:04 PM
Out of curiosity, what platform are you on? From your description it sounds like PC. If so, I wonder if this is mostly a PC thing?

I play on PS4 and haven't run into any of this. Although it also seems much more difficult to communicate on the console... no typing and virtually nobody using their mic. It's actually quite frustrating.

Still, I would take this a step farther and say that there seem to be an amazing amount of people here on the forums that have very similar "toxic" behavior. I don't think I've seen "you honorless bastard" type posts, but I have seen many discussions/threads that start rationally then degenerate into childish name-calling because of a difference of opinion. I hope the community at large manages to weed these unruly folks out. This could be a great game with a great community, but situations like the one you described certainly will not help.

r0u9hneck
02-24-2017, 08:10 PM
Yeah, exactly. I'm on PC. Maybe it's really about the possibility to write / communicate easier then on consoles.

It's not even like a special case on PC, too. That's just the only one I captured (and sent to a friend I'm playing the game with via WhatsApp). People go all crazy on PC sometimes. Insults and / or racism isn't that uncommon.

Edit: Oh, and the "emote / teabag" spam is quite common, mostly combined with an "easy" in chat.

DerToSch
02-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Saltiness on the PC is all over the place. Courtesy of the chat mostly. Telling your opponent how hard you banged his mom is way harder in just four emotes.

r0u9hneck
02-24-2017, 08:18 PM
Saltiness on the PC is all over the place. Courtesy of the chat mostly. Telling your opponent how hard you banged his mom is way harder in just four emotes.

Okay, I lol'ed.

JTWDK
02-24-2017, 08:42 PM
That's what i thought too until i saw my 12 year old nephew playing.

PKUSUB
02-24-2017, 09:36 PM
So, I've spend quite some time with For Honor by now. I've seen people on both sides going for "honor duels" and I've seen people ganking the crap out of everything in sight.
But in every match, there is at least this one or two guys with very, very toxic behaviour.
I don't know why, but this game is actually one of the worst games I've every came across, player-wise.

There are people threatening others, insulting them (or their families, especially mothers), making up bad excuses like "hacker / scipter confirmed" and so on.
And to top this off, there is no functionality given to report someone for his behaviour. People tend to go all out on it, especially when they know, that it wont be punished. The only thing you can do, and what I usually do, is to ignore it.

The reason why I took the time to open this thread is, that I just came along a very funny encounter with a very toxic guy. The other one didnt write anything in All. But I found it quite amusing, since it's just so ironic.
It was a 2v2 match. First round was lost with a 0-1. Next round I took my enemy out, went over to spectate my teammate and his opponent and didnt intervene in any ways. Suddenly my teammate said that I had "no honor" in team chat for not helping him? He also called me a noob and instantly left the match.

Then, I was facing 2 players with a bot on my side. I struck down my oppenent, went to the other guys and saw my bot getting executed. I then signalized I was ready to fight and won that fight. The last round was the icing on the cake. My bot died like instantly or I didnt even get one (the bot disappeared from the score board as well) and I had to fight 1v2. I got one before the other one arrived and there was even a revive. I end up with a 7-1 win and get called "honorless" and a "bastard" for winning a perfectly fair match (on my part), yet they were the ones with "no honor".

There's a screenshot of the chat and scoreboard: http://imgur.com/a/PrRNS
Of course they left before we got out of the match (dunno why people do this now. Does it prevent stats being saved or something?) and thus appear as 2 bots.

So, why do you think people are so toxic in for honor?

From my experience on the ps4, zero toxicity.

toxic in gaming is nothing new, any game that has a pvp system has always been that way. just go about ur way and ignore it.

CarnivalLaw
02-24-2017, 11:31 PM
PvP attracts toxic people, and the anonymity of the forums and internet give all the little coward kiddies a voice.

I think that For Honor brings out the absolute worst in people for the reasons I have stated AND because it's a melee-kill game, making each death feel just a bit (or a lot! LOL) personal.

UbiNoty
02-25-2017, 01:48 AM
If you run into toxic players or see egregious behavior/language going on, please report them through support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=FHReportBehavior) or report them in game. Thank you all for helping us keep our dedication towards maintaining a fun, enjoyable FH experience.

HabemusPapam
02-25-2017, 01:50 AM
this OP reminds me of the story about a dog that saw a mirror and told everyone how he met a nice guy, next dog went there and saw a barking ahole ;)