PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy the game yet?

Cassiuskahn
02-24-2017, 07:07 PM
I've been on the fence about buying the game due to online connectivity issues I keep hearing about. Have these issues been fixed yet?

spawn10459
02-24-2017, 07:10 PM
its a fun game but it needs alot of work that UBI cant not preform

Cassiuskahn
02-24-2017, 07:11 PM
The issues have not been fixed. They are not as bad as people claim. First off, people on the internet, especially forums, exaggerate about everything. Second off, a lot of people don't have many issues, like myself, it's just that the people who DO have issues are quick to complain about them on the forum. It seems like it has huge issues because the people who aren't having any trouble aren't speaking up.

Thanks man, I suppose the people enjoying the game are busy playing the game. Just watched the Angry Joe review and he was running into constant problems with connectivity.

Ato_Roboto
02-24-2017, 07:11 PM
Its not fixed, and you'll be put in some if not most lobbies with people who have alot more experience than you thanks to their good ol' matchmaking.

The game is a lot of fun, when pit against players with your skill level.

Fan4om
02-24-2017, 07:17 PM
It won't be fixed just because it's Ubisoft...don't buy this sh*t wait for a several months and then...maybe...you can try

Nlghtmal2e
02-24-2017, 07:22 PM
Thanks man, I suppose the people enjoying the game are busy playing the game. Just watched the Angry Joe review and he was running into constant problems with connectivity.

yeah , after watching Joe , you should know that until they fix p2p problem then don't bother buying this

TripSin.
02-24-2017, 07:22 PM
NO. Go play something else. Don't give these *******s any more money.

lissMar
02-24-2017, 07:26 PM
Don't bother. That's my first and last game from ubisoft.

Fan4om
02-24-2017, 07:27 PM
"They are not as bad as people claim" much worse: I can't play vs other players as I just can't connect, and even when I do this the game crushed after 5-8 minutes. Why I can play others online-games without such problems? Well, maybe because the developers of others online-games have normal servers, not the fuc*ing Peer-To-peer conneсtion? :(

Cassiuskahn
02-24-2017, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys, appreciate the help. I will give this a miss and follow closely. I was done with P2P after Call of Duty a few years ago, no place for it in an online only AAA title. I will keep the cash until issues are fixed (if) and introduce dedicated servers.

rocks.cl
02-24-2017, 07:40 PM
I've been on the fence about buying the game due to online connectivity issues I keep hearing about. Have these issues been fixed yet?

Just look at the steam reviews ratio, buying this game is like playing russian roulette with 2 bullets in the chamber, i advice against it, but you can always but it, try it under 2 hours, and refund if it goes bad for you, on my side, actually playiung the game was like 15 or 20% of the time, the other 80% i was getting dropped, reloading maps, re-matching, etc.

FUEGONOMICS
02-24-2017, 07:44 PM
no, not worth buying.

the original reply is not particularly true.

this is the only forum that ive participated on in probably a decade, and the only reason that I chose to participate here is because this game is a complete ripoff and people should know it.

so you can argue it either way, you can say that most people exaggerate on a forum, but i wouldnt even be here if this piece of crap was worth playing, like many others. it represents false advertising and bad project management that was passed onto consumers in a wretched way. i can link you to several articles penned by Ubisoft concerning this game, and most of them contain lies about various things, like Co-op story mode, and split screen in all game modes. They should be exposed on their own forum for this.

As it is, many are using ubisoft communication infrastructure to complain about their broken game because its the only way to get your 60 to 100 bucks worth and the consumer affairs reports keep piling up.

Gensui.Musashi
02-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Dont buy

Flippin_Finch
02-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Get it. For me its best game made in years. Runs like bread and butter, besides few bugs they already announced to be fixes soon.

KnifeHigh
02-24-2017, 07:49 PM
i think i had a better connection to PS1 risk using dial up 10ish years ago then i do to this game using high speed

PhYcE-
02-24-2017, 07:50 PM
Yes totally worth it! I am having more fun with this game than any that I've had in a long time. I haven't had any of the connection troubles that others have reported.

spawn10459
02-24-2017, 07:53 PM
could the game be great. Yes.
is the game great. No.
Are there a lot of issues.. Yes

I've had very very little connection issues. Balance issues is a completely different story.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-24-2017, 08:12 PM
No.... Not yet, but I would keep an eye on it.

There is a really great game here, and with the right support, balance, and filling out the hero roster a lot more over time, it could be Multiplayer GOTY in my opinion. But... and its a big but...

Multiplayer wise, this P2P system is so indescribably garbage, I question what sane company wouldnt just pay for servers if they plan to make a lot of money off IAP's and micro transactions over time. Some people are getting by, sort of... But for me its ~8 minutes wait to join a match, 50% chance to get kicked and not earn any XP from the game, rollbacks, disconnects, lag, game speed randomy changes speed, host migration every time someone gets salty and leaves (pretty much every single game)... Connection wise you name it this game fails gloriously at it, truly unrivalled.

Also, there is some unholy micro transactions here... Talking 100's and 100's of dollars, ontop of an optional season pass... so take that into consideration.

There really is a great game here... But its buried under some big issues, and we have recieved absolutely no word if they plan to get servers, and no eta on an update or hotfix for certain mechanics that could be changed to previous working condition with the press of a button (at least on PC). The game will be dead in a month tops if its left with p2p, so I would wait for at least a statement before pulling the trigger.

sooperswift
02-24-2017, 08:32 PM
I have just uninstalled mine. Its been a fun week and a half but alot of effort needs to be put into the game to fix the annoyances that makes it hard to get into(connectivity issues, the crude abuse of pits/spikes/etc throws, gear abuse and uncompetent matchmaking systems). Looking forward to play it after 1/2 a year or so. Hopefully, the experience will be much better in the autumn.

Alliries
02-24-2017, 08:39 PM
Uninstalled as well, last purchase for me of a Ubisoft game, I know I'm one guy and they don't give a damn but I hope other people open their eyes and see the ******** they did in the past, microtransactions in a 60$ price game, season pass after season pass, and many more, this is a insult to all the gaming industry out there. If they will fix it they will break something else and the cycle continues over and over just like rainbow six. Not recommended, buy something else

m1y4gi
02-24-2017, 08:40 PM
Should I buy the game yet? No.

I would really like to say - yes, but no.

I bought it and i wanna love it, but as long as it is in that bad status (connection, security, matchmaking, gear advantages) i do not even wanna start it. i am closer to the deinstall button then to the start button and somehow it's sad to write this.

Homertrix93
02-24-2017, 09:22 PM
Not only is multiplayer ****ed up, but they have made the single player story to be connected to the internet. Been trying to get through the story mode since it got released. Well, im stil trying.... -.-
Ridiculous system.
Everytime someone has asked me if this game is good. I've told them NOPE, do not buy, waste of money. Or at least wait and see if they fix this nonsense. Which i feel is not going to happen, Ubisofts probably happy that people like myself are buying it.

Ujir0
02-24-2017, 11:00 PM

I'd wait 6 months or so.

It's missing ALOT of content, and i mean alot.

Every 3 months they release new content or so they said.

So after 2 seaons i suppose it's closer to what a completed game should look like.

At this moment, i'd say it's far from worth the ridiculous 60-70 bucks.

Cassiuskahn
02-25-2017, 07:46 PM
Thank you all! I will be holding off on the purchase. I will keep my eye on it. Hope you guys get refunds or the issues are fixed and you can enjoy the game you all spent your hard earned cash on. Come on Ubi, buy dedicated servers and fix your multiplayer.