PDA

View Full Version : Refund on broken for honor...

SmyC507
02-24-2017, 06:56 PM
There should be a one time chance for a refund of the game or at least free in game currency for the completely broke and damn near unplayable game. What do you do if you by a TV bring it home and go to use it and it's broke?? You take it back and get your money back it's the same concept here we were sold a game that should "work" but yet I find myself spending most of my time getting kicked out of matches and waiting to just get kicked out of another one.

This has by far been the worst online multiplayer experience I have ever had I'm all ready telling all my friends to not waste their money on this game. If I didn't spend $60 on it I wouldn't continue to play it but I'm going to get my money's worth out of it before I go back to games that are actually playable.........

Fix your **** and do it now

Kharneth88
02-24-2017, 06:59 PM
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's broken. Hell, even a poorly designed and imbalanced game doesn't qualify as "broken" in the literal way that justifies getting your money back.

Maybe you should've waited a week or two and "rented" a used copy from GameStop. Clearly this is anyone's fault but your own, though.

MariusGriever
02-24-2017, 07:01 PM
There should be a one time chance for a refund of the game or at least free in game currency for the completely broke and damn near unplayable game. What do you do if you by a TV bring it home and go to use it and it's broke?? You take it back and get your money back it's the same concept here we were sold a game that should "work" but yet I find myself spending most of my time getting kicked out of matches and waiting to just get kicked out of another one.

This has by far been the worst online multiplayer experience I have ever had I'm all ready telling all my friends to not waste their money on this game. If I didn't spend $60 on it I wouldn't continue to play it but I'm going to get my money's worth out of it before I go back to games that are actually playable.........

+1

ZanthraX1985
02-24-2017, 07:16 PM
Yes i think we gamer must start an offense. Next Games i will only pay with Paypal and than i get my Money back if this game is so broke.

troops_2015
02-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's broken. Hell, even a poorly designed and imbalanced game doesn't qualify as "broken" in the literal way that justifies getting your money back.

Maybe you should've waited a week or two and "rented" a used copy from GameStop. Clearly this is anyone's fault but your own, though.

He didn't say he didn't like it. Nor that it's imbalanced or poorly designed. He said he cant get the online part of the game working because of connectivity issues.

How can you possibly attack his position and defend ubisofts?

Syndicate_Sabre
02-24-2017, 07:48 PM
Regardless there should be a proper refund option available on all Ubisoft games due to the plethora of issues that has plagued almost every release of theirs in the past few years. With a track record like that it should be a standard option. I wish you luck OP.

FUEGONOMICS
02-24-2017, 07:50 PM
thats the standard fanboy response

you cant even establish a basis for "liking" this if you are among the large group of people that finds it completely unplayable online.

i didnt get a refund because its a boring game, i got one because it doesnt work.

so even if i feel like the gameplay gets a 10 out of 10, if i cant actually play, that falls to 0 out of 10 by default.

STICKMANINC
02-26-2017, 04:56 AM
i was able to get a refund from chatting with support.xbox.com, they gave me no hassle after explaining what game it was ; they were aware of the issues. Over half the people i play with have also refunded the product because the multiplayer is broken. Have the games crash because of the pier to pier matchmaking and the lag is unbearable - shame on you ubisoft

Fuzzybutts
02-26-2017, 04:59 AM
Yes i think we gamer must start an offense. Next Games i will only pay with Paypal and than i get my Money back if this game is so broke.

I Highly reccomend other options. Charge-backs can get your account locked if you use them too often. Stick with services like steam and just don't pre-order unless you personally know someone whose working on the product who lives within mugging-distance.

ExiledBardkiel
03-08-2017, 02:14 PM

He didn't say he didn't like it. Nor that it's imbalanced or poorly designed. He said he cant get the online part of the game working because of connectivity issues.

Regardless there should be a proper refund option available on all Ubisoft games due to the plethora of issues that has plagued almost every release of theirs in the past few years. With a track record like that it should be a standard option. I wish you luck OP.

I Highly reccomend other options. Charge-backs can get your account locked if you use them too often. Stick with services like steam and just don't pre-order unless you personally know someone whose working on the product who lives within mugging-distance.

God I wish I could get my money back I have green NAT and still get booted out 1 out of every 3 matches. Besides that playing any other mode that uses stats is ridiculous it's a all out revenge spam. Which make doing orders unbearable or the endless push classes that will only fight on bridges, ledges and spikes.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 02:15 PM
You bought the game.

That is on you.

Either you did your research or you didn't. Its that simple.

Merc572
03-08-2017, 02:20 PM
just gonna throw this out there

Here's what I can tell you if your having connection issues, check you with your ISP and your Router settings.
I had some issues at launch with connections and went into my router settings opened up the ports ubisoft listed to be open and
since then haven't had an issue.

Im not defending Ubisoft nor am I a fan boy of them but a lot people complain when its there own ISP/Router causing problems and not ubisoft.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 02:22 PM
You bought the game.

That is on you.

ryan4321
03-08-2017, 07:08 PM
im sorry to say but less advanced tech people should not have to change thier ports on thier routers luckily i know how but i dont want too seeing as how i go to work n have to shovle my *** off for 8 too 10 hours a day last thing i want to do is mess with my router when i get home

Sandpit77
03-09-2017, 06:28 PM
You bought the game.

That is on you.

Seriously?
It's a DEFECTIVE product. Refunds should be no-brainers.

MaxeliusAD
03-09-2017, 07:54 PM
I'll never ever buy **** with lable "Ubisoft". For honor with all technical and balance issues should be a indy crap for 1-2 $ max. Or even free to play game with cosmetic donations.

ZoB.Raymond
03-09-2017, 08:14 PM
just gonna throw this out there

Here's what I can tell you if your having connection issues, check you with your ISP and your Router settings.
I had some issues at launch with connections and went into my router settings opened up the ports ubisoft listed to be open and
since then haven't had an issue.

Im not defending Ubisoft nor am I a fan boy of them but a lot people complain when its there own ISP/Router causing problems and not ubisoft.

Well you know what ? Ubisofts games are the only game I ever played where I found this kind of thing to do in order to play properly. This is not normal at all and this is not an argument. Like said, how can you even consider defending a company that trhows on market such defective products ?

You guys should seriously consider the option that if officials forum are SO flooded of people complaining, there are real issues. You can't denie problems when thousands of people are reporting it even if it annoys you. Ubisoft have nothing to say because of people like you saying their crappy excuses everywhere. This is a shame. A SHAME.

ZoB.Raymond
03-09-2017, 08:17 PM
I'll never ever buy **** with lable "Ubisoft". For honor with all technical and balance issues should be a indy crap for 1-2 $ max. Or even free to play game with cosmetic donations.

You're going too far. You can't denie either the fact that there are a lot of works behind such a soft. Is it overpriced ? Well they consider it a AAA title but in fact it is not AAA quality standard, should cost a nice 25$ considering the content and life duration. You can have done the campain in 5 - 8h if you visit everything etc, play a 20 - 25h of only play and then there is nothing more. Leveling is nice, but it doesn't bring anything worthing the time.

Sandpit77
03-09-2017, 10:34 PM
I am in the same boat as many of you. I purchased a digital copy via PSN and neither company will issue a refund. I have lodged a complaint with the BBB against both companies over this matter. I'd suggest others do the same. It's one of the few avenues consumers have to help them with stuff like this (In USA anyhow). They are selling a defective product and refuse to refund customers. Hopefully if enough complaints are lodged it will get something done about this.

After waiting over 40 minutes to speak with a rep from Ubi and another 30+ to speak with a PSN rep I am sorely disappointed in both companies and this game. I will never buy or support another Ubi product again.

C.K.Paterson
03-09-2017, 10:56 PM
Playing for the past 2 hours. Joined around 40-50 games. No games actually ended with a winner. ALL ERROR. I just want to ****ing play! Like the game is a good game I really do love playing but sitting hear for 2 god damn hours getting connection errors from 40ish straight games In a row! It was only yesterday I was playing with maybe 2 out of 5 games doing it... now 40+!!! In a row!!! The only reason I'm still trying is I'm one game away from Reputation 3!

KiahsRevenge
03-09-2017, 10:59 PM
You bought the game.

That is on you.

Lol what a response! The beta had minamal connections issues for me, then bam launch happened and look at what has happened! a lot of people are having issues. my knowledge on networking is limited. I don't have time to mess around in my router settings to play this dam game. Nor should i need to have to change anything period. Btw when your mommy and daddy are paying for everything then whats 60 bucks to you? To hard working gamers with minimal time time to play a weeks it's highly frustrating. Also look at the player base! It's dropped so hard so fast I don't think Ubisoft knew what hit em. I find it funny that I can no longer see the players online anymore! Ubisoft knows they are in the ****. Thats why people are pissed you dolt.

Einherjar25
03-09-2017, 11:11 PM
You bought the game.

That is on you.

You are not getting the big picture here and Ubisoft either. That is not on us but on THEM. Alot of us will never buy a single game from them again. THEIR LOSS. You think the company has the bigger end of the stick? Unless they pull a miracle out of their *ss with this game they are spiraling downwards Why do you think everyone is so frustrated? Because they WANTED the game to be great. They wanted Ubisoft to succeed but then they realise how Ubi easily make some of the most stupid decision you can think of in a game. They joined an absolutly awesome idea with 3 unacceptable, atrocious dumb ones (you name it!) and you got For honor right there.

Educate yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpdAqSmkkZk

Their stock dwindled because of this game.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 11:13 PM
God I wish I could get my money back I have green NAT and still get booted out 1 out of every 3 matches. Besides that playing any other mode that uses stats is ridiculous it's a all out revenge spam. Which make doing orders unbearable or the endless push classes that will only fight on bridges, ledges and spikes.

try to get your nat to yellow.

TBH_Saeko_Irri
03-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Ubisoft must give a generous discount to all who purchase for honor for some other game. Like a 80% 1 time discount coupon to all games or DLC content

Alustar.
03-09-2017, 11:19 PM
Lol I have a ****ty connection(from what I'm used to) and I can play no problem 90% of the time. This is toxic right here, just cause you don't like it or your connection doesn't seem to support it doesn't make the game itself defective. Wow!

TBH_Saeko_Irri
03-09-2017, 11:47 PM
I have very good connection for your information my nat type is strict what ever I have done I even change hardware I have all most 200hours online with only 40hours in pvp.... The game isn't enjoyable atm I don't say that game isn't good just Ubisoft trick me....

frank1ller
03-10-2017, 03:13 AM
[QUOTE=S

Fix your **** and do it now[/QUOTE]

lol? you force yourself to play it cause you paid for it? just dont play it if you dont like it lol, this game only cost 60$

Tillo.
03-10-2017, 03:23 AM
Excuse me but if a game takes forever to matchmake, gives you errors trying to matchmake, pauses everytime someone leaves, crashes when host leaves without getting xp, steel nor statistics then it is freaking broken and we all should be entitled not only for a refund but a compensation for being scammed and our wasted time here. Meanwhile bugisoft plays dead, turns a blind eye, blames the players, support denies connectivity problems and gives you pages of troubleshooting, sending you to your ISP as if it were YOUR problem and not theirs.

End of line.

Udonitron
03-10-2017, 03:29 AM
Man I just bought a 1080 and got the code to get this or Wildlands but both damn games are having such issues that I can neither decide nor condone my choice haha.
I wish Ubi didn't take a damn year or more to iron out their network coding and issues, it is abysmal to say the least.

GHOST.NQ
03-21-2017, 10:35 PM
Im from SA, ive had the game for 3 weeks now, only been able to play 3 online games when invited to a party, otherwise i cant do matchmaking alone as PEER 2 PEER DOESN'T WORK IN SA!!!! F**K U UBISOFT!

stickyfingergan
03-21-2017, 11:20 PM

Exactly what's with this guy? WHAT AN IDIOT people like him make me angry the game is SO AMAZING but SO broken and you can't say it's not it's a brand new style of gaming which is genius so if you do like it a lot like me just put it on the shelf wait a month or two hop back on and it should be fixed ok? It took them five years to make this game it's not exactly easy.... I'm not defending them either they should have waited another year instead of getting our hopes up and releasing broken crap. But this is a totally new kind of game. So don't tell your friends not to buy just say not yet. Please don't kill this game even more it has a lot of potential.

Dontbuyforhonor
03-24-2017, 10:38 PM
Just joined a group with my friend. He started matchmaking. The first game we got into, I got kicked right after everyone chose champions. He left the game to reinvite me, same thing happened. 3rd try I told him to just play through if it doesn't work... Low and behold it didn't work. So 3rd game in a row didn't work. So now I'm playing PVP by myself instead of with a friend. Right after picking champs in the 4th game I got kicked out because of connection. 5th game there were 5 bots out of 8 total people.

Long story short... 45 minutes later I have yet to play a single enjoyable game of for honor.... please off me some money back, because I'm really considering never thinking twice about not buying an Ubisoft game. Hopefully this saves everyone a lot of time and money.

Oh yea the game is so bad that I literally made this account just to say this.

Dontbuyforhonor
03-25-2017, 12:27 AM
Lol I have a ****ty connection(from what I'm used to) and I can play no problem 90% of the time. This is toxic right here, just cause you don't like it or your connection doesn't seem to support it doesn't make the game itself defective. Wow!

My cousin, his 4 friends that play, my 4 friends that play, and me all have the same issues of only being able to successfully play maybe 15% of the time... Stats don't lie a much much much larger percentage of the people have the same thing happening to them.

Dontbuyforhonor
03-25-2017, 03:37 PM
Just joined a group with my friend. He started matchmaking. The first game we got into, I got kicked right after everyone chose champions. He left the game to reinvite me, same thing happened. 3rd try I told him to just play through if it doesn't work... Low and behold it didn't work. So 3rd game in a row didn't work. So now I'm playing PVP by myself instead of with a friend. Right after picking champs in the 4th game I got kicked out because of connection. 5th game there were 5 bots out of 8 total people.

Long story short... 45 minutes later I have yet to play a single enjoyable game of for honor.... please off me some money back, because I'm really considering never thinking twice about not buying an Ubisoft game. Hopefully this saves everyone a lot of time and money.

Oh yea the game is so bad that I literally made this account just to say this.

Tried to play this morning. Same thing happened to me. Its been 4 games and I have yet to play through a full one.... DONT BUY UBISOFT GAMES

had to come back to edit this post.... tried to join another one after posting and got in a 4v4 all human game. Right as it started somebody left the session probably because of connection,.... oh then I got kicked....

Dontbuyforhonor
03-25-2017, 05:00 PM
I posted 2 days ago about not being able to play about connection issues. Posted this morning about not being able to play because of connection issues. Had to post again this morning because Ive been trying to play and enjoy the game I bought for $60 but still it has been 10AM - 12PM and I have yet to play an enjoyable game of PvP. I have a great internet connection. Got to the webpage at the speed of light. Phone messages and everything working swimmingly. Rest of my xbox connection is awesome for any game/netflix/etc. This game is just bad. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dontbuyforhonor
03-25-2017, 05:04 PM
Tried to join again after my last post... got kicked right as it started.... again.... maybe 7or 8 games this morning... I have played ZEROOOOOOOOOO

SangLong524
03-25-2017, 05:26 PM
The game works fine for me. I dont know what got your panties in the twist but if there are people who can play just fine, the Problem may be you. It is highly unlikely that you are specifically targeted or something like that.
Now that i'm done raining your parade. I'll disappear. :)
Do buy For Honor. But think b4 u do

mammakamelen
03-25-2017, 05:39 PM
The game works fine for me. I dont know what got your panties in the twist but if there are people who can play just fine, the Problem may be you. It is highly unlikely that you are specifically targeted or something like that.
Now that i'm done raining your parade. I'll disappear. :)
Do buy For Honor. But think b4 u do

I'm happy you enjoy the game dude :)

If you look on all the posts here, you will see many with connectivity problems. If we based the experience only on you, 100% would be satisfied.

If we took you AND me, 50% would be satisfied.

If we take into account all the players, 60% have left the game alone. 50% of players are saying "Don't buy this game" on Steam, which is the most popular site that sells this game.

Despite you not having problems,, i'm sure you understand that the P2P system needs clients to work properly. The more the merrier (to an extent).

You seem smart, and i'm sure you understand both those who enjoy it, and the large part of players having issues.

If you do then you, as me, are hoping that they will fix it so that the good game becomes available for everyone. More friends to play with!

Have an exellent saturday!

SangLong524
03-25-2017, 06:32 PM
I'm happy you enjoy the game dude :)

If you look on all the posts here, you will see many with connectivity problems. If we based the experience only on you, 100% would be satisfied.

If we took you AND me, 50% would be satisfied.

If we take into account all the players, 60% have left the game alone. 50% of players are saying "Don't buy this game" on Steam, which is the most popular site that sells this game.

Despite you not having problems,, i'm sure you understand that the P2P system needs clients to work properly. The more the merrier (to an extent).

You seem smart, and i'm sure you understand both those who enjoy it, and the large part of players having issues.

If you do then you, as me, are hoping that they will fix it so that the good game becomes available for everyone. More friends to play with!

Have an exellent saturday!
Why of course i hope this DC situation will get better. I would be lying if i said i never had DC.
All i am trying to say is that OP may want to investigate issues on his end. ubi can't possibly be responsible if he has crappy internet. Just make sure things are well on his end.
u cant hardly demand a refund if u cant play multiplayer. U bought story mode too, u know. Now if story mode cant be played as well, maybe u should ask your a refund after all. If u buy on Steam, like I did, asking for refund is possible even if u played more than 2 hours or held the game for 2 weeks, with just cause.
Bye! :)

Landoknight
04-01-2017, 07:33 PM

No, this game IS broken, it continuosly keeps dropping players out of games, and it's unbalanced, so it definetly qualifies as broken

Alustar.
04-01-2017, 08:31 PM
No, this game IS broken, it continuosly keeps dropping players out of games, and it's unbalanced, so it definetly qualifies as broken

Still playing for honor, still not getting disconnected still having fun. Man I wish this bs thread would just get closed already. =/

Gray360UK
04-01-2017, 08:42 PM
There are issues, not gonna lie.

First game of tonight, Error on start.
Second game of tonight, 7 of the 8 people dropped after 3 minutes (Skirmish) leaving me with 3 bot team mates and 4 bot enemies.
Still, I cleaned up in that one and slaughtered the poor bots. If they were programmed to rage quit they would have done ;)
Completed 2 Contract Orders in that one match.
Now on to match 3.
It's wonky, very very wonky, but it works enough of the time that I still have a lot of fun.
I think I've posted enough for people to know I don't lie, and these are my first 2 games tonight, both with issues.
Buuut ...
I have an account Rep of 15, so I am not even going to pretend for a minute that I can't play. Thats a lot of hours played :)

P.S. Possibly the 7 players in match 2 all quit when they saw it was me ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-01-2017, 08:47 PM
AAAAHHHH IT'S THE GRAY REAPER!

Course it could have been a peacekeeper also, next we know those bots will be threatening to boycott unless peacekeeper is banned.

aiden247
05-03-2017, 07:06 AM
This is the only game I am having issues with. They should not sell a product that is broken. Would you not be pissed off if you bought a TV and it was broken but was brand new and you paid good money for it?

tombrune8
05-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Dear Ubisoft

I will not deny that your game is awesome, but even if it was made of pure diamonds and kissed by angels, that would not grant you the right to release it the way you did, and actually keep it unfixed for over 2 months following its release.

A month after the first boycott was called off, For Honor still takes forever to match-make players, and that's on the lucky coincidence that it actually finds anything, before giving up and showing an error massage.
Even after you manage to join a game, many times the game freezes until the network sorts itself out, and that's if your "lucky" like me, and don't get disconnected altogether.

According to VGchartz.com (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=for+honor&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200), your player base consists of 1,560,000 buyers.
Each of these players paid between 30 to 60 dollars (I'm being extra generous by not considering deluxe, gold editions and in-game transactions which would probably double that amount but since I don't have that information - I won't guess it).
So on average, since around 50% of purchases were made on steam (according to PcGameSN: https://www.pcgamesn.com/for-honor/for-honor-steam-player-base-uplay), each of your buyers paid 45$ for your game.
That means you were paid AT LEAST 70,000,000$ (and counting) in the last 2 months by people around the world, expecting what they rightfully expect from any paid game, especially one which was developed by one of the biggest companies in the business: that it is worth their money.
Their exists no other entertainment related market in which consumer's were more shamelessly screws-over, then the video-games market, and this phenomenon keeps accruing for some reason. Granted, it's not only done by you.

Don't you want players to enjoy their experience? I'm sure the developers do, but unfortunately, Ubisoft as a company seems to have forgotten where it came from. it seems to have forgotten what got it this far, and with whose money they pay their employees their pay-checks.
The only way in which you have a right to exist in this competitive market in the first place, is if you offer products which are not only awesome in theory, but also in practice, while offering good honest service to your customers instead of insulting their intelligence with condescending remarks like "we never intended for you to unlock everything in the game" and update releases promising to solve network issues - which I assure you, they did not.
In a paid game, this attitude should be unacceptable, and still I'm willing to accept it - provided the game would give a good experience. but needless to say - alongside the fun game-play, the 'broken network' experience simply spoils everything.

You can hire hundreds of brilliant artists to create a visually and conceptually wonderful gaming masterpiece, but if you end up saving money on the most Important aspect of game performance (using a cheap peer-to-peer solution instead of setting up proper servers) and end up giving a bad experience to millions of paying customers - than your "masterpiece" is not worth the mouse-click used to watch your original announcement trailer almost 2 years ago.

I truly hope you come around, because, as you can probably understand, I do like the game itself. I just feel cheated and insulted by your execution. you could do much better - if you wanted to.

Here are some RECENT linkes which might be insightful...:
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAU5bIalbnc
2.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7FMS4yoOtw
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0TccDcR6zo
4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-owlLg4xHcc
5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05X8o-t4OP8
7.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAbVhdZoEYk
8.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Qs1TnTE9I

EDG_Avocado
05-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Refund needed as well.
Players all left so the game is broken and dead/ unplayable.
Unfortunately the game is on its last legs

CoyoteXStarrk
05-03-2017, 12:46 PM
If you have anything longer than a few hours played you should not get a refund.

You don't get to spend hours playing or having issues and then after 10+ hours gametime logged THEN decide you want a refund.

If the game literally DID NOT FUNCTION at all like when Arkham Knight came out on PC then I would be more understanding, but as it is the game overall works but suffers from stability issues.

rossato2109
05-03-2017, 02:33 PM

I don't think I could ask for a refund as I played a lot BUT in some regions the game is no longer "playable" in multiplayer. For example, in South America region (for xbox one) you will be lucky if you find a dominon match with a group of friends. It can take over to half hour to get one.

My opinion is, if Ubisoft wont remove region lock or put a global search option they should advertise that certain regions cannot get multiplayer anymore. This is clearly a scam from their part. Personally I am commited to never again buying a Ubisoft game and I can say my friends think alike.

tombrune8
05-03-2017, 02:41 PM
If you have anything longer than a few hours played you should not get a refund.

You don't get to spend hours playing or having issues and then after 10+ hours gametime logged THEN decide you want a refund.

If the game literally DID NOT FUNCTION at all like when Arkham Knight came out on PC then I would be more understanding, but as it is the game overall works but suffers from stability issues.

Speaking for myself, I don't want a refund, it's a GOOD game.

But mentioning stability issues so offhandedly is basically you, saying you have no standards.

let me ask you a simple question: If you bought a 60$ computer-mouse / console controller / mp3 player / pair of sun-glasses / earphones / chair etc. --- would you be as comfortable with it having "stability issues" as you are with a video game?

would you so easily agree to walk around with shoes whose sole snaps off 10 times a day? or listen to an mp3 player that gives you white noise instead of music every few minutes? or maybe wear a pair of sunglasses that regularly fall off your face as your walking down the street?

Do you know of ANY other industry in which the manufacturers can sell their customers faulty products or simply products they lie about (aka no man's sky) without even bothering or being legally forced to explain themselves? do you know what would happen to Apple if they did that?

Have you heard of what happened to Volkswagen 2 years ago? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal)

can you imagine how many lawsuits would be filed against the company who manufactured the screen you are now watching - if all of their screens flickered every few minutes? or even if they constantly had more than 10 dead pixels out of the entire 2,073,600 pixels in the screen? (assuming your using a 1080p screen)

Video games are a product like ANY other product. Just because they have a reputation of being a recreational or pastime activity which most people feel kind of nerdy or privileged to have, doesn't make it OK for huge companies like Ubisoft or any other company to make this conduct a consensus.

Believe me. one day, one of theses companies will be sued for so much money, they will have to be bought by a Chinese billionaire for a 1/10 of their worth just to get back on their feet. This eventually happens in every industry, it's just a matter of time, and pissing off the wrong people.

laugmanden
05-04-2017, 04:09 AM
I want a refund. I have contacted my consumer rights organization, and have started writing narratives that I will send to the media.
I have bought a domain, that I will use to collect all the bad publicity about Ubisoft.

For Honor is a great game, but matchmaking and connectivity is broken, pure and simple.
I demand a refund and will sign a contract promising to never buy any of their products again.

I am also willing to donate to people (around 50'ish) who will put time into writing negative articles and reviews about Ubisoft and their products. (You will not get rich of this, but it will be a small reward for helping fighting the good cause. (between 5-10 euros to each participant. Pre-approval needed, since im not a millionaire.))

This reply will be posted around the web, please share if you want to contribute.
Only when we stand together can we make a change.

PS: I have of course attempted dialogue with Ubisoft, but we all know that they are too incompetent to utilize the frontal lobe.
PPS: I have even presented one of their managers with a cost benefit analysis of why its chaper for them, in the long and short run to offer refunds, with a few limitations ofc. (low play time, documention on connectivity or waiting time.)
PPPS: For me personally it's a matter of principle, and not money, I have thrown several thousand euros after Ubisoft. (They can check the transcripts. Yes I was addicted to the MM: DOC and never have I asked for a refund before.)
PPPPS: In my case I even offered them to just remove the product from my account, and let me give the code to someone who would actually enjoy the game.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-04-2017, 04:22 AM
I want a refund. I have contacted my consumer rights organization, and have started writing narratives that I will send to the media.
I have bought a domain, that I will use to collect all the bad publicity about Ubisoft.

For Honor is a great game, but matchmaking and connectivity is broken, pure and simple.
I demand a refund and will sign a contract promising to never buy any of their products again.

I am also willing to donate to people (around 50'ish) who will put time into writing negative articles and reviews about Ubisoft and their products. (You will not get rich of this, but it will be a small reward for helping fighting the good cause. (between 5-10 euros to each participant. Pre-approval needed, since im not a millionaire.))

This reply will be posted around the web, please share if you want to contribute.
Only when we stand together can we make a change.

PS: I have of course attempted dialogue with Ubisoft, but we all know that they are too incompetent to utilize the frontal lobe.
PPS: I have even presented one of their managers with a cost benefit analysis of why its chaper for them, in the long and short run to offer refunds, with a few limitations ofc. (low play time, documention on connectivity or waiting time.)
PPPS: For me personally it's a matter of principle, and not money, I have thrown several thousand euros after Ubisoft. (They can check the transcripts. Yes I was addicted to the MM: DOC and never have I asked for a refund before.)

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-32322-Bender-haha-gif-Futurama-Oh-wa-PgCH.gif

You need to read the Ubisoft T&C lol

Even IF you were actually going to do this (You aren't) you would need a clear cut case of Ubisoft willing and knowingly shipping out a defective product that does not work AT ALL and then you would have to prove they did so with malicious intent. Then you would have to prove that they have no plans on fixing the issues anytime soon and since all they are doing is focusing on stability and have stated multiple times publicly that its their #1 issue you can't make that case.

You have none of that. The fact that the game alone is played by thousands of players every night throws your "Game is Broken" argument out the window. The fact that myself and many other players have reported improved stability over the last few patches also throws your BS argument out the window. The game has numerous stability issues, but the legal definition of a non-functioning product is a bit more strict than "It has minor issues sometimes". I am not saying the game isn't in need of fixing because god KNOWS it needs to be fixed, but "Broken" or "Unplayable"? No it is definitely not that.

Also taking into consideration that there have been games released in FAR worse condition than this and even THEY could not qualify for what you are talking about.

Simply put you are full of crap and what you are trying to say does not and could not be applied to this game.

Oh and thats not even considering Ubisoft would immediately sue you and shut down your domain for Libel and defamation. The fact that you literally just admitted to the fact you would be willing to pay people to say bad things is case enough for that charge to stick should you ever actually go through with it. The fact you didn't even consider that just shows how you simply have NO idea what you are talking about. You bought a game and it has issues. Boo Hoo. It happens to the best of us. I am STILL waiting for Andromeda to get all the fixes and everything it needs.

And lets not forget your entire evil scheme to bring the downfall of a Billion dollar company rides on people actually give 3 figs what some random angry customer on the internet has to say. You think they are gonna give a damn about what you have to say when the next Assassins Creed comes out? Or when the next operators for Siege come out?

No they aren't gonna give 2 craps because they want THEIR games and because they know that its THEIR right to buy buy whatever they want and have to deal with the consequences of that purchase.

And if I make a bad purchase and it turns out not to be what I wanted or what I thought it would be? Thats on ME though as a consumer. I bought a product before doing adequate research in order to make an informed decision. Thats my problem.

And you can make whatever cracks you want about me not caring about my consumer rights vs the corporate machine or whatever nonsense you wanna accuse me of and thats fine. But I simply live in the real world and in the real world it is up to the consumer to educate themselves on their purchases before they buy them. The various Terms and Conditions that you agreed to when you made your Ubisoft Account said as much.

So no you don't have a legal leg to stand on. You are free to rant and rave for all eternity about how the evil Ubisoft stole your money and how the game is unplayable etc etc but when it comes down to it they owe you nothing from a legal standpoint. They are rewarding your faith in them by trying to fix the game and make it better. They are fixing the game and its various issues. Just like any other game that was released busted that kind of fixing takes time. No court in the US is gonna look at this and say you are right. You are morally right yes. But not legally and in the end thats all that matters. So while you yell at clouds and desperately look for a loophole that isn't there remember that you have no one to blame but yourself.

Meanwhile the rest of us are gonna be sitting on our butts enjoying our games.

It was a good laugh though. 10/10 would read again.

M0nty_1
05-04-2017, 05:36 AM
While I do agree that laugmanden's post is rather OTT, I don't see how CoyoteXStarrk can say that it is the purchaser's fault. A game that crashes out approx 50% of the time is straight out faulty. This is not an opinion or a preference, crashing = broken. I believe under consumer law, purchasers are entitled to a refund for broken products. I also believe that Ubisoft should have been aware of the variations in network speed in the major regions and have made their connectivity to work under those conditions. None of the other online games played by the 2 gamers in my household crash out half the time. I have a consistent green NAT, and on average the 4v4 games crash out 50% of the time. (I'm on PS4 and cannot figure out how to change my NAT to yellow.)

To say it is the purchaser's fault is like saying I bought a new car, it is beautiful but the engine cuts out 50% of the time that I drive it.

I'm not asking for a refund because I am (possibly stupidly) perseverent enough to keep playing and only have 2 trophies to get before the platinum (if Ubi get around to awarding the 5 rounds & come back next season ones) - however I have told my friends who were about to go and buy it not to buy For Honor, and I won't be buying another Ubisoft game again, ever. Before I bought For Honor, I read on the forums comments to the effect "looks like a cool game, but Ubisoft....". How right they were. It is a spectacularly beautiful game, but the speed of matchmaking and crashes in 4v4 are unacceptable.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-04-2017, 05:50 AM
While I do agree that laugmanden's post is rather OTT, I don't see how CoyoteXStarrk can say that it is the purchaser's fault. A game that crashes out approx 50% of the time is straight out faulty. This is not an opinion or a preference, crashing = broken. I believe under consumer law, purchasers are entitled to a refund for broken products. I also believe that Ubisoft should have been aware of the variations in network speed in the major regions and have made their connectivity to work under those conditions. None of the other online games played by the 2 gamers in my household crash out half the time. I have a consistent green NAT, and on average the 4v4 games crash out 50% of the time. (I'm on PS4 and cannot figure out how to change my NAT to yellow.)

To say it is the purchaser's fault is like saying I bought a new car, it is beautiful but the engine cuts out 50% of the time that I drive it.

I'm not asking for a refund because I am (possibly stupidly) perseverent enough to keep playing and only have 2 trophies to get before the platinum (if Ubi get around to awarding the 5 rounds & come back next season ones) - however I have told my friends who were about to go and buy it not to buy For Honor, and I won't be buying another Ubisoft game again, ever. Before I bought For Honor, I read on the forums comments to the effect "looks like a cool game, but Ubisoft....". How right they were. It is a spectacularly beautiful game, but the speed of matchmaking and crashes in 4v4 are unacceptable.

The thing is for A LOT of people the game isn't that bad.

I am not saying you are lying, but thousands of players don't get on and play a game that crashes 50% of the time no matter how good it is. I myself (PS4 player) can honestly say without lying that my game has crashed ZERO times in the past week and a half and in that same amount of time I have only have maybe 6 or 7 lobby crashes.

Is that perfect? God no. They seriously need to get it fixed. BUt its not broken enough in my opinion (Or the opinion of any Developer out there) to be worthy of a blanket refund to anyone who wants it .

Its just not gonna happen.

The closest thing recently to THAT kind of refund was Batman Arkham Knight on PC and it ACTUALLY didn't work. It didn't have a few issues here or there or crashed occasionally like For Honor. It fundamentally DID NOT FUNCTION on PC for any length of time that anyone would consider playable.

Even THEN people had to fight tooth and nail to get the refunds they deserved and Warner Bros finally pulled it on the market entirely. THAT is the kind of situation that it takes to get a blanket refund to people who have already bought and played the game. For Honor is not even CLOSE to being that bad.

So I get that you all are upset. I get that its not what you wanted it to be. I even admit that morally you are right to be upset. But from a legal standpoint Ubisoft is not even CLOSE to being required to issue the kind of refunds people are asking for.

So boycott and petition away, but don't pretend you have legal recourse or that you are gonna be the beginning of a great consumer movement to bring down the evil gaming companies.

And I say this as a fans of video games. I have had bad purchases before and I have had some REALLY bad purchases before, but once again that is on ME.

You mentioned the car. In that situation you would STILL be blaming yourself because you didn't have the engine checked by a outside mechanic or friend. They can say it runs like a dream, but unless YOU check it out yourself its still your bad for believing them at face value.

You go online and read customer reviews, check the accident history, and see if they have the maintenance records. Just like how a gamer looks at outlet reviews, gameplay footage and customer reviews

You get all the info you need to make an informed decision. If you don't do that and dive blindly into buying it day 1 you have no one to blame but yourself. Because if you had waited for reviews, customer feedback etc etc you would have known better and avoided all these issues.

But you chose not to. These are the consequences of that.

tombrune8
05-04-2017, 07:42 AM
The thing is for A LOT of people the game isn't that bad.

I am not saying you are lying, but thousands of players don't get on and play a game that crashes 50% of the time no matter how good it is. I myself (PS4 player) can honestly say without lying that my game has crashed ZERO times in the past week and a half and in that same amount of time I have only have maybe 6 or 7 lobby crashes.

Is that perfect? God no. They seriously need to get it fixed. BUt its not broken enough in my opinion (Or the opinion of any Developer out there) to be worthy of a blanket refund to anyone who wants it .

Its just not gonna happen.

The closest thing recently to THAT kind of refund was Batman Arkham Knight on PC and it ACTUALLY didn't work. It didn't have a few issues here or there or crashed occasionally like For Honor. It fundamentally DID NOT FUNCTION on PC for any length of time that anyone would consider playable.

Even THEN people had to fight tooth and nail to get the refunds they deserved and Warner Bros finally pulled it on the market entirely. THAT is the kind of situation that it takes to get a blanket refund to people who have already bought and played the game. For Honor is not even CLOSE to being that bad.

So I get that you all are upset. I get that its not what you wanted it to be. I even admit that morally you are right to be upset. But from a legal standpoint Ubisoft is not even CLOSE to being required to issue the kind of refunds people are asking for.

So boycott and petition away, but don't pretend you have legal recourse or that you are gonna be the beginning of a great consumer movement to bring down the evil gaming companies.

And I say this as a fans of video games. I have had bad purchases before and I have had some REALLY bad purchases before, but once again that is on ME.

You mentioned the car. In that situation you would STILL be blaming yourself because you didn't have the engine checked by a outside mechanic or friend. They can say it runs like a dream, but unless YOU check it out yourself its still your bad for believing them at face value.

You go online and read customer reviews, check the accident history, and see if they have the maintenance records. Just like how a gamer looks at outlet reviews, gameplay footage and customer reviews

You get all the info you need to make an informed decision. If you don't do that and dive blindly into buying it day 1 you have no one to blame but yourself. Because if you had waited for reviews, customer feedback etc etc you would have known better and avoided all these issues.

But you chose not to. These are the consequences of that.

OK kayote, I've read both of your last comments.

First of all, I don't want a refund. I like the game, I enjoy it and I simply want it to WORK properly.

In reality, your attitude is basically noble in the sense that you don't blame anyone for your choices, and that is a good way to look at life, but your car analogy works only if you bought a used car from some guy on the street.

HOWEVER, if you go to a car dealership and buy a NEW car - you are entitled by law (unless you live in north Korea or Syria...) to receive a product in working condition which reflects the basic need that the product is suppose to fulfill. so if a car is a means of transportation, and the engine works but fails to accelerate 5 times a day, you can bet your *** the company will agree to compensate you, because you got a car which is more useful as a sofa then a means of transportation.
And i'll even give you an example which is way more extreme and you'r welcome to fact-check me:

On September 18th 2015 it was reported by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that Volkswagen (a company with a total equity of over 100 billion $ and total assets valued at over 409 billion $, kind of like the "Ubisoft" of the automotive world...) had violated the Clean Air Act by programming turbocharged diesel engines to activate certain emissions controls only during laboratory emissions testing, resulting in their cars passing the test even though they had emissions 40 times higher than stated in the law.
All of their cars without acceptation WORKED just fine, their was nothing wrong with them, that prevented them from being very good cars, an still, they were ordered by a US federal judge to pay a 2.9 bollion $ in fines, and forced to either give a free-fix (worth up to 9,852$ each) or buyback cars from about 475,000 buyers; in Canada they had to buy back their cars in addition to paying 5000-8000$ (Canadian) to each of those customers; in china they had to recall 1,946 cars; in south Korea they were sued for 48 billion $ and their korean representative was imprisoned for 5 years in addition to being fined for more than 26,000$, and they didn't even let VW make a recall... and the list goes on and on...

so you could say Ubisoft didn't intentionally program the game to deceive any regulation test like VW did - but Ubisoft knew perfectly well about the technical issues which could arise from using the peer to peer technology they chose so they can save money on setting up servers.
they also knew perfectly well about the matchmaking system being broken since they test the game months before it's released to the public and the same issues were present when they released the BETA to the public before launch.

now, I'm not saying Ubisofft had violated any 'Act', but let me just repeat one thing - the cars in the above example basically worked, right? so according to you the customers were responsible and they had no legal recourse right? well... If you'r talking about video-games: Yeah! you'r totally right! because most people who play video-games see things the way you see them, and not only that - they also try to discourage other people who see it the way it IS in any other industry in the world.

VIDEO GAMES ARE A PRODUCT JUST LIKE CARS. end of story.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-04-2017, 08:48 AM
VIDEO GAMES ARE A PRODUCT JUST LIKE CARS. end of story.

Let me put it another way then since my post would basically sound like my first 2.

Its never gonna happen and you know it. End of story. :)

tombrune8
05-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Let me put it another way then since my post would basically sound like my first 2.

Its never gonna happen and you know it. End of story. :)

probably not any time soon. but never say never. :)

and again: I dont want a refund, all I'm asking is that they truly fix this so we can all play smoothly, it's in their interest after all, they make more money on ingame transactions than on selling the game in the long run..

EDG_Avocado
05-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Just let the game rest in peace. It is at a constant 2k but matchmaking takes forever in certain game modes.
Game is pretty much done and just wants to rest now.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Just let the game rest in peace. It is at a constant 2k but matchmaking takes forever in certain game modes.

The same things were said about R6 Siege lol

It is now arguably the most praised competitive FPS shooter

RatedChaotic
05-04-2017, 01:14 PM
I will not mess around with my network for 1 game when hundreds of other games did not require me to do so. This is UBIs problem not mine. There was a game that came out long ago where they asked people to open/close ports and later on down the road it was corrected and players had to change them again.

I will wait for ubi to fix their messy system.

EDG_Avocado
05-04-2017, 03:21 PM
The same things were said about R6 Siege lol

It is now arguably the most praised competitive FPS shooter

THere is no point in playing a dead game. Get over the fact that you wasted 60$ on a dead game and move on to a new game. You should play some league of leggo and call it a gud day. 1.7k players per hour atm. Last week was constant 2k players. All TIME LOW.

rossato2109
05-04-2017, 06:09 PM

Its already "resting" in my region lock (south america xbox one). You can take over half hour trying to find a match with your friends. BTW I am talking about dominon only, dont even try to do skirmishes. Unless they put a "global" opt in for match searches I dont see any reason for people to log in in certain regions.

polytrop
05-07-2017, 10:05 PM
I agree with the topic of this post. Even after 3 months i still cant play 1 games without connection issues.
3 patches, which should "fix" the problem or help....
Additionally this game is so unfinished and full of bugs....

I wish Blizzard would be the publisher...i NEVER had a single issue with Blizzard
I only have issues with Ubisoft games....coincidence?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-08-2017, 05:19 AM
THere is no point in playing a dead game. Get over the fact that you wasted 60$ on a dead game and move on to a new game. You should play some league of leggo and call it a gud day. 1.7k players per hour atm. Last week was constant 2k players. All TIME LOW.

Yeah except the playerbase is much more active on Console

Just wait until Season 2 hits with the new heroes and new gear system.