PDA

View Full Version : Faction war question. If the Stronghold is reached, what happens?

Mr.BauRawr
02-24-2017, 03:20 PM
What happens if lets say the Vikings reach Knights/Samurai Stronghold?

Cant seem to find this anywere or ever mentioned somewere.

It seems like its actualy imposibble though we have been VERY close at times. Since theres no info anywhere about it.

Worlcianz
02-24-2017, 03:23 PM
The Samurais touched the Knights Stronghold today, seems like every stronghold is a Save-Zone. You can't attack it.

Mr.BauRawr
02-24-2017, 03:31 PM
That is kinda sad. They say Faction war is the core of For Honor ? whats the point in spending War assets before day 11 of each round? When, if you reach a stronghold just be to pushed back. Theres nothing to fight for.

Ragnar---
02-24-2017, 03:34 PM
Nothing lol. Such a waste of time.

DeLatv
02-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Nothing right now. But id imagine it could become an event thing or smth.

This system has a lot of potential. Its just game is out for a weak? how many things happen in first weak of the games? Usually server fixing at the best...

Lets wait and see what devs have in store for us.

Mr.BauRawr
02-24-2017, 04:02 PM
Ofcourse its week one.

But its the core, everything is based around it they say in the post launch trailer. But its just a moving map with zones. There should be a given point in placing your war assets.

Im not here to critize anything about the game i love it.

harold19950
02-24-2017, 04:45 PM
Actually, the goal of the faction war is to be the one with the most territory at the end. Depending on who won and how much you participated, you shall get reward according to that (New emblem/item for hero, etc)

It'S better than nothing

RatedChaotic
02-24-2017, 04:57 PM
Ya I am hoping there was gonna be some kind of defend/attack event. Since theres nothing exciting to strive for(that we know of) I just let my assets be put down randomly. No point of taking the time to look into the percentages or anything when its just a pat on the back for reaching strongholds.

There should be rewards for taking or defending territories or something. I find it boring and pointless right now.

Wolf-Heathen
02-24-2017, 05:24 PM
I am genuinely surprised that people were expecting anything out of strongholds or the meta game. It's abundantly clear this game was rushed out the door so that Ubisoft could have a strong first quarter and make their stockholders happy. There are so many things that need fixing, that should have been addressed before release, that to expect any deep or meaningful functionality is just being naive. Just look at The Division, similarly a mess at launch, lots of bugs, lacking content. Fast forward a year and it's finally in a proper state, and quite a good game by all accounts.

This practice of releasing glorified tech demos as final products and then slowly fixing things post-launch that they didn't want to address with another 6 months of development is a disgusting tend in gaming today, and something you would expect from indie studio with a much smaller budget. Unfortunately this seems to be the trend with these large, publicly-traded companies.

Superben_24
02-24-2017, 05:51 PM
"faction war is so freakin awesome!!!" - noone
maybe we should start using ubisoft as a verb for ****ing up potentially great games. i think it should replace the term no mans skying sth.
e.g. "too bad hello games ubisofted no mans sky, this game had so much potential"

edit: or we use it as an adjective meaning "great idea bad realization"
e.g. "my date with hannah was ubisoft. she liked the idea of a picnic, but wasn t amused by the fact that i only packed raw onions and garlic tea"
i don t know if there is someting like garlic tea, but thats not the point ;)

drdaniel95
02-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Nothing right now. But id imagine it could become an event thing or smth.

This system has a lot of potential. Its just game is out for a weak? how many things happen in first weak of the games? Usually server fixing at the best...

Lets wait and see what devs have in store for us.

A week, yes but **** me they have been going on with this project for quite some time.
For Honor that is.

Id say Ubisoft can throw some more cash in to this product and we would have had the best game of the year, 2017. Easily.

Kyamasi
11-05-2018, 02:37 PM
The factions will never reach "peace" the end of other factions Appolyon told that in the end of her story the rebels will take over another war that will happen the world is desperate to survive so they fight to keep their lands until the end even if the last chief falls another will take place even if he wants peace he will do it by making war to others. Vile cycle of the For Honor world.

SangLong524
11-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Wow, someone revived dead thread.
Since im in a good mood for troll slaying, i will say this. This faction war is a mean to an end. Where the victor gets to stick something nice on their forehead. The rest get crates and steel. I’m happy with crates and steel.
Really, this feature is so badly implemented that people are so annoyed that noone care anymore.

Blitzwarrior771
11-05-2018, 09:09 PM
You get to keep our women 🙄

UbiInsulin
11-05-2018, 11:54 PM
Closing this thread as it's a necro from two weeks after launch.