PDA

View Full Version : We should keep low lvl gear

Hegemon_
02-24-2017, 10:44 AM
My thesis is that we shouldn't salvage low lvl gear. Why is that? Because it is the most balanced gear.

As far as I know (and please tell me if I'm wrong), the higher lvl gear is, the more specialized it is. Specialization means that you need to sacrifice some stat. That's fine unless you have an idea for a specific build that works in specific situations or just fits your playstyle. But if you want more balanced builds, you should wear low lvl gear, because their stat values are more balanced. You do not exceed at anything but you have no weaknesses too, and that's how I like to buiild my toons.

Have you even found balanced high lvl gear? I'm only rep 2, but I see this specialization trend already.

SirCorrino
02-24-2017, 11:12 AM
Not really. The Heroic gear you get at rep 3+ gives a big boost to 2 stats at the cost of a massive penalty to the third. You can always find a stat combination there that is good for you.

hamzeey
02-24-2017, 12:14 PM
My thesis is that we shouldn't salvage low lvl gear. Why is that? Because it is the most balanced gear.

As far as I know (and please tell me if I'm wrong), the higher lvl gear is, the more specialized it is. Specialization means that you need to sacrifice some stat. That's fine unless you have an idea for a specific build that works in specific situations or just fits your playstyle. But if you want more balanced builds, you should wear low lvl gear, because their stat values are more balanced. You do not exceed at anything but you have no weaknesses too, and that's how I like to buiild my toons.

Have you even found balanced high lvl gear? I'm only rep 2, but I see this specialization trend already.

if you want to be mediocre at everything then okay, but you know each piece has different stats, so you can majorly boot one, and then pick up some slack of your sacrifice on another right?

Hegemon_
02-24-2017, 01:01 PM
if you want to be mediocre at everything then okay, but you know each piece has different stats, so you can majorly boot one, and then pick up some slack of your sacrifice on another right?
Yes, I wrote about specialization. But the case is I don't want to have a weakness. What should I sacriface, attack, defence or stamina? Each one of these things is essential for a good fighter. I'd rather have a lower middle of everything than close to 0 in one of these stats.

The main problem with gear is once you have salvaged your low lvl gear you will be unable to get balanced gear EVER. The gear you get at higher lvls is specialized, so your gimping your one stat if you want it or not no matter what. Balanced gear is just not in the scavenge pool.