PDA

View Full Version : Duel Honor. Elimination imbalance.

Vi_justin_iv
02-24-2017, 09:33 AM
I sometimes have a ridiculous amount of chances to push people off map in duel and I dont because Im not garbage...but the moment I miss a counter guard break Im doing a frigging Disney Goofy yell as I plummet to murder town. Get rid of knock off sections in duel...its a joke and you encourage this dishonorable play style. Pretty hypocritical considering the title of the game. I dont want to best my opponent by pressing a single button...what a joke.

In elimination when its 3 to 4 v 1 it is almost impossible to win especially when all of your teammates cant be revived. In which case your best and pretty much ONLY option is to try to push 4 people off map. There should be no revives when its 3 to 4 on 1. It's near impossible to win when you best one and while you fight another the other one picks up the guy you just killed...how did this not come up when testing and developing the game.... this isnt rainbow 6...you cant one shot each person...

Brave_Thunder
02-24-2017, 10:14 AM
Totally agree with you.Sadly we'll never get rid of ledges just like there will never be an fps without noob tubes:how the scrubs are supposed to get kills then?

Hackfraysn
02-24-2017, 10:17 AM
All this whining about ledges makes me facepalm internally.

If you find it dishonorable, don't throw people off ledges. If you get thrown of ledges, don't be salty. You can't expect that your code of honor applies to everybody.

If you're still salty, run to a location on the map where there are no hazards and ledges and fight there. Here, I fixed the game for you.

Brave_Thunder
02-24-2017, 10:46 AM
All this whining about ledges makes me facepalm internally.

If you find it dishonorable, don't throw people off ledges. If you get thrown of ledges, don't be salty. You can't expect that your code of honor applies to everybody.

If you're still salty, run to a location on the map where there are no hazards and ledges and fight there. Here, I fixed the game for you.

Ok.Tell me where I can fight safely on the stone bridge or on the high point of Ruin Tower.Some maps(like forest)offer an alternative at the bridge(still I have to understand who was so mad to fight a giant viking on a tiny bridge...).I guess you facepalm also at cheaters,since "if you're honorable you don't use it,don't cry if others download it,you can do that too".
Sometimes I wish that ubi would troll us releasing a class with a modern ak,I bet we would see only that class till they remove it...since why learn to fight when you can just win,right?

Altair_Snake
02-24-2017, 10:49 AM
All the more incentive to git gud at techs.

Bobola
02-24-2017, 10:53 AM
I sometimes have a ridiculous amount of chances to push people off map in duel and I dont because Im not garbage...but the moment I miss a counter guard break Im doing a frigging Disney Goofy yell as I plummet to murder town. Get rid of knock off sections in duel...its a joke and you encourage this dishonorable play style. Pretty hypocritical considering the title of the game. I dont want to best my opponent by pressing a single button...what a joke.

In elimination when its 3 to 4 v 1 it is almost impossible to win especially when all of your teammates cant be revived. In which case your best and pretty much ONLY option is to try to push 4 people off map. There should be no revives when its 3 to 4 on 1. It's near impossible to win when you best one and while you fight another the other one picks up the guy you just killed...how did this not come up when testing and developing the game.... this isnt rainbow 6...you cant one shot each person...

Ledges are important element of the game balance. Without them you put slower characters at significant disadvantage if fights with faster characters like Orochi or Peacekeeper. And since there is significant overrepresentation of these assassin class characters in game it would be bad for everyone to implement changes that would give them even more advantage comparing to slower classess (who would want to play most of the time against 2 of 12 classess in the game?). Honor is valuable because it demands something extra from you. It should be harder to fight honorable then dishonorable. So if it means so much to you, practice counter guardbreak more, stay away from ledges and be decent person to your enemies but don't pressure others to act according to your sense of honor or developers to make game less balanced for you. I play heavy class character and I don't demand faster characters to be slower - that would be ridiculous, just as your demands to change the game is sucha a way that would give upper hand to already most popular classes in the game.

You complain that it is impossible to revive friends who were thrown of the ledge. Should Ubisoft also get rid of executions because it's impossible to revive executed players? Execute enemies or throw them off ledges so they cannot be revived. If your team doesn't do that then your fight will be much more difficult because that's important part of elimination mode. It's well thought, you just play in a way that make your life harder, but that's on you (or your team) not the developers or gaming community. The game works better without your ideas.

Bobola
02-24-2017, 11:16 AM
Ok.Tell me where I can fight safely on the stone bridge or on the high point of Ruin Tower.Some maps(like forest)offer an alternative at the bridge(still I have to understand who was so mad to fight a giant viking on a tiny bridge...).I guess you facepalm also at cheaters,since "if you're honorable you don't use it,don't cry if others download it,you can do that too".
Sometimes I wish that ubi would troll us releasing a class with a modern ak,I bet we would see only that class till they remove it...since why learn to fight when you can just win,right?

Who told you that you should "fight safely"? What doeas that even mean? It's self-contradictory. Be better at guard breakes not to fall down. It's not cheating when someone is better at that then you. Just as it's not cheating to be better at blocking the sombody else. If you're not as good at guard braking or blocking or any other aspect of combat then practice more that aspect. Do not act as the game would be unfair because someone punishes your mistakes or shortcomings. Yesterday I fought most arrogant and cheap warden ever. Guy was clearly better then me and would best me in most fighting scenarios, and still he would just spam shoulder bash>hit>shoulder bash>hit adding grabs to that to throw me of ledges. He demolished and humiliated me. But I don't cry about it, because ultimately it was my fault. I wasn't good enough to withstand his cheesy style. I picked my sh*t back togather and went back to practice guard breakes and evades so that would not happen again.

Brave_Thunder
02-24-2017, 11:24 AM
Who told you that you should "fight safely"? What doeas that even mean? It's self-contradictory. Be better at guard breakes not to fall down. It's not cheating when someone is better at that then you. Just as it's not cheating to be better at blocking the sombody else. If you're not as good at guard braking or blocking or any other aspect of combat then practice more that aspect. Do not act as the game would be unfair because someone punishes your mistakes or shortcomings. Yesterday I fought most arrogant and cheap warden ever. Guy was clearly better then me and would best me in most fighting scenarios, and still he would just spam shoulder bash>hit>shoulder bash>hit adding grabs to that to throw me of ledges. He demolished and humiliated me. But I don't cry about it, because ultimately it was my fault. I wasn't good enough to withstand his cheesy style. I picked my sh*t back togather and went back to practice guard breakes and evades so that would not happen again.

But those cheap combos don't lead to immediate death.I do hate people spamming shield bash or just waiting for me to attack to dash attack me,but I can see their strategy and work on it.Mistakes lead to damage,that's perfectly fine.But how is fine to punish 5 mistakes of your opponent,showing to be better than him in combat,then you do 1 single mistake...and you lose.The risk/reward of a single Gb is way too high near ledges,which are basically in every tiny duel map.

Bobola
02-24-2017, 11:41 AM
Of course they lead to death near ledges! Just as grabs. "1 mistake... and you lose." Correct! The same applies to your opponent. Counter guard break (I know it's easier said then done, I still am mediocre at this) or attack someone who wants to grab often, after few hits they will change strategy or die.

Vi_justin_iv
02-24-2017, 09:48 PM
Honestly I didnt fully read a couple of the replies...but I do understand the balance between heavy chars vs assassins. But dont act like they dont have some advantages with damage and many push maneuvers and such. I do agree that I can just run to an area where there are no ledges...which is what I do...but some areas really dont have that in duel. I understand my code of honor doesnt apply to everyone..I just think it's cheap and pathetic. I can counter guard break very often now...which thank god it is different now because I SWEAR there was a point where you could cgb TOO soon which didnt make sense to me. It appears that the window to cgb is correct now which really makes me happy. Also one of you clearly didnt understand or read correctly at what I said about elimination. Executions SHOULD grant no revive and how it is currently makes the most sense. BUT when you knock people off some ledges (in a 3/4 v 1 scenario) they land on playable space and can be revived. I just think when you are so outnumbered you deserve a chance and revenge mode doesnt cut it. I would GLADLY execute them one by one and face them all at once but when I do that...the two other people slash you and interrupt the execution...I understand the implement of this...but just when its 4 v 1 I believe there should be some sort of "breaking" sudden death thing. how often do you see someone win 1 v 4 without knocking them all off?

Alchemist-21-
02-24-2017, 10:25 PM
If you want to be honorable and not throw people off, that's fine, but if the enemy starts throwing you off I think you should feel absolutely free to start throwing them off and showing them how it feels.

I swear the meta for duels now is different than it was at beta. Back in Beta half the people wanted to throw you off the map; now most matches seem to have these unspoken agreements of moving to a part of the map where you can't really get thrown off.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-24-2017, 10:36 PM
I read this part right here and immediately knew exactly what the rest of this post was. Shocker ...

I sometimes have a ridiculous amount of chances to push people off map in duel and I dont because Im not garbage.

Your willingness to limit your game play is a personal choice. Don't be so upset when someone who isn't willing to limit their game play uses a legitimate method of dispatching someone too stubborn to use the same legitimate mode.

The moment I miss a counter guard break Im doing a frigging Disney Goofy yell as I plummet to murder town. Get rid of knock off sections in duel

I'm guessing you actually know nothing about history and how it really worked in battles like this. The Romans salted the fields of carthage to ensure that their entire populous would die. Ghenghis Khan would kill all the men and boys and he and his warriors would rape all the women to impregnate them with their genetics. Honorable modes of kicking someone's *** is a piece by piece assessment.

ts a joke and you encourage this dishonorable play style. Pretty hypocritical considering the title of the game.

Then don't. Just stop crying like a little kid when you choose to limit your moves in a game with only about 6 or 7 real moves in it, and then be mad when others don't. In fact, this type of limitation is stupid and actually creates zero honor for you. It just makes you saltly and cry like a little kid.

I dont want to best my opponent by pressing a single button...what a joke.

You're not overly able to grasp strategy very well are you? Do you honestly believe that everyone should win a 1 v 4? If so, your math skills are bad.

Exaffect
02-24-2017, 10:54 PM
This game 100 percent encourages cheese.