PDA

View Full Version : PC or PS4

hamzeey
02-24-2017, 08:45 AM
So i have both, i prefer pc but due to the dwindling population on pc, should i be going to ps4?
Or does it really not matter, i mean the times i play is about the 24 -25k pop times (being in nz) and the queue times are noticably longer then 4 - 5 days ago.

Whats the queue times like on PS4?

Regards

Hamzey

StallionGirth
02-24-2017, 09:03 AM
honestly havent notcied a difference in the que times at all. I get into games almost within 30 sec every time

FailOfHDDVD
02-24-2017, 09:07 AM
PC ver has a lot of players, no problems with match making lol.
And you get way better graphics (assuming if you got a good pc)

hamzeey
02-24-2017, 09:20 AM
But are you in my region?

ZeBrutal
02-24-2017, 09:29 AM
So i have both, i prefer pc but due to the dwindling population on pc, should i be going to ps4?
Or does it really not matter, i mean the times i play is about the 24 -25k pop times (being in nz) and the queue times are noticably longer then 4 - 5 days ago.

Whats the queue times like on PS4?

Regards

Hamzey

I play on PS4 and queue times are no longer then a minute of waiting on average for me. I hardly ever see the population drop below 50k even super late at night / early in the morning. The only downside on PS4 so far that may also be a problem on other platforms is 90% of the time I get Orochis in 1v1 and almost always 2+ on my AND the enemy teams in 4v4 modes. PK population is way up there as well. No I'm not calling either of them OP, they are just good at pub stomping so it's hurting variety quite a bit least from PS4 player base perspective.

hamzeey
02-24-2017, 09:38 AM
I play on PS4 and queue times are no longer then a minute of waiting on average for me. I hardly ever see the population drop below 50k even super late at night / early in the morning. The only downside on PS4 so far that may also be a problem on other platforms is 90% of the time I get Orochis in 1v1 and almost always 2+ on my AND the enemy teams in 4v4 modes. PK population is way up there as well. No I'm not calling either of them OP, they are just good at pub stomping so it's hurting variety quite a bit least from PS4 player base perspective.

Thanks man, i dont mind facing pk's and orochis i play warden and lawbringers and yeah theres alot of orochi's on pc at my timeframe. ill see how queues on pc go coming into the weekend though.

ZeBrutal
02-24-2017, 09:51 AM
Thanks man, i dont mind facing pk's and orochis i play warden and lawbringers and yeah theres alot of orochi's on pc at my timeframe. ill see how queues on pc go coming into the weekend though.

No problem. During peak US hours I'm still seeing up to 120k people here and there on PS4 which I think is real good all things considered. I don't struggle against fighting most of them either cause like I said it isn't that they are super OP, just really good at pub stomping. Only reason it bugs me is I would like to for once duel ANYTHING else and it seems I wont get that wish. Least 4v4 has a little variety even if just a little.

FailOfHDDVD
02-24-2017, 09:58 AM
But are you in my region?

I'm in asia region which should have less players than NA region

Drazard_TCR
02-24-2017, 10:00 AM
i do have problems with intense lag on PC, im sure this is just a ME issue but teleportation, huge lag spikes and disconnects are major on my computer. literally right next to my PC my ps4 handles the game like a trooper, little lg at all.

my pc for the interested, i cant remember exactly the specs exactly but im on an i7 of some description, last years model.
it has 32 male sheep and an 880M screen simulator device.

hamzeey
02-24-2017, 11:43 AM
I'm in asia region which should have less players than NA region

I already said in my first post im in nz the oce or sea region bro

hamzeey
02-24-2017, 11:49 AM
i do have problems with intense lag on PC, im sure this is just a ME issue but teleportation, huge lag spikes and disconnects are major on my computer. literally right next to my PC my ps4 handles the game like a trooper, little lg at all.

my pc for the interested, i cant remember exactly the specs exactly but im on an i7 of some description, last years model.
it has 32 male sheep and an 880M screen simulator device.

well i have no lag unless i join an all red game, thats not my issue,
Im in a small region, nz/aus in terms of gaming we take a while to get dedicated servers on most games that have them (except for bf)
so what im worried about sure theres a worldwide my time 23k now players, how many of those are in my region and is this why im going from 30 sec queues 4 days ago (when the pop my time was 60k) to 3- 7 mins, and if the decline continues is it worth reping up. or switching to the higher pop ps4 which i also pre ordered the game on lol.

Really its no major drama, if i have to switch i will, just wanted to hear from some PS4 player's experiences with the game,... and any aus/nz players with queue times would really help.

But the ps4 being a trooper, is good info XD

Regards

Hamzey

Drazard_TCR
02-24-2017, 12:47 PM
well i have no lag unless i join an all red game, thats not my issue,
Im in a small region, nz/aus in terms of gaming we take a while to get dedicated servers on most games that have them (except for bf)
so what im worried about sure theres a worldwide my time 23k now players, how many of those are in my region and is this why im going from 30 sec queues 4 days ago (when the pop my time was 60k) to 3- 7 mins, and if the decline continues is it worth reping up. or switching to the higher pop ps4 which i also pre ordered the game on lol.

Really its no major drama, if i have to switch i will, just wanted to hear from some PS4 player's experiences with the game,... and any aus/nz players with queue times would really help.

But the ps4 being a trooper, is good info XD

Regards

Hamzey

Sorry i forgot to mention, i am also from Australia.

On both PS4 and PC i seem to find matches in duels pretty instantly. since changing my nat type and getting it to open i havent had any troubles at all finding games within 30 seconds.
I actually bought a PS4 just to play this game with. That and to re play through the last of us, (TLOU2 hype)

Neviathan-
02-24-2017, 12:57 PM
I play on PC with a PS4 controller, seems like the best option because you can rebind the buttons

Drazard_TCR
02-24-2017, 01:44 PM
I play on PC with a PS4 controller, seems like the best option because you can rebind the buttons

ohh true.. how do you connect up a ps4 controller? just with the usb port, or do you need a bluetooth adapter?

Also what software if any is required?