PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer territory system

Augustino.-
02-24-2017, 08:00 AM
I was wondering how it works with the territories and if or how you take the stronghold of a faction thank you for the help in advance

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 08:21 AM
Easy answer you cant, at least right now. I imagine that it serves as an anchor point for the downed faction to push back from after losing everything and it looks like knights are going to get quite familiar with it sadly. Ubisoft has turned their backs to them to give vikings and sams their bs "justice" for open beta. In doing so though the knights will die as a faction because nobody wants to play for the faction perpetually curbstomped.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 08:35 AM
Easy answer you cant, at least right now. I imagine that it serves as an anchor point for the downed faction to push back from after losing everything and it looks like knights are going to get quite familiar with it sadly. Ubisoft has turned their backs to them to give vikings and sams their bs "justice" for open beta. In doing so though the knights will die as a faction because nobody wants to play for the faction perpetually curbstomped.

I highly doubt Ubi is doing anything to affect a faction in particular. I think most players didn't play in the betas or alpha. I didn't so don't really care what happened in those wars or who won. Possibly some imbalance issues on how much advantage low pop sides need to get, but it's the first official season, so might take them a season or 2 to get the balance just right. Even then, there will always be a chance for one faction or another to have a great season. The worry should be if one faction wins 4 out 5 seasons.

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 08:42 AM
The problem is that rounds are two weeks long. In online games that is a very long time. With turns also being 6hrs players of the knights spend part of the day staring at -5-8 and that gets very demoralizing over time. Players dont want to wait months to see if their faction is ever worth a damn and thus bandwagon onto the ones that can win now. Thats why action has to be swift and decisive rather than a multi season affair. If knights are wiped out completely mark my words there wont be a knight faction left for round 2 because nobody wants to spend another 2 weeks getting the crap kicked out of them.

Aeecto
02-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Fact is, samurai were leading day 1 because the game released in asia first and since day 2 knights were most of the time in the lead.... vikings were even down to 8 terretories and knights close to 30.
Then suddenly vikings got severall times a 5% boost (even mid round) additional to the huge war asset boost. Suddenly the war turned and since that day knights couldn't do anything anymore.
Now that samurai realized it they turned on the knights instead of vikings because they see a chance to get second or even first by just taking knights terretories and defending against vikings.

And yes, vikings had that boost severall times.... there was even a thread about that at these 2 days when it happened.

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Yeah I remember that thread because I started it. I had tried to help both knights and samurai but now its clear that the knights are the ones who really REALLY need it. We cant do crap about anything happening to us despite our best efforts. The vikings are going to get wiped second because they couldnt get over their open beta grudge and are going to be so crippled by our demise that they cant defend themselves. Im sure they will blame their failure on us and perpetuate the cycle as well leading to sams winning all the time due to knights getting steamrolled and then vikings collapsing due to aiding samurai.

Augustino.-
02-24-2017, 04:32 PM
The samurai are strong now that the full game is out and everyone that can buy it did and it's been nothing but a back and forth between the factions for the first week I just feel some people decided the game was boring or they didn't like it anymore and stopped playing. I mean look at how high people are in level already like common, you don't have a life? No job? Or a girlfriend? Like for real it's rediculous on how many no life's there are in this game

RatedChaotic
02-24-2017, 04:38 PM
The samurai are strong now that the full game is out and everyone that can buy it did and it's been nothing but a back and forth between the factions for the first week I just feel some people decided the game was boring or they didn't like it anymore and stopped playing. I mean look at how high people are in level already like common, you don't have a life? No job? Or a girlfriend? Like for real it's rediculous on how many no life's there are in this game

Ya amazing what 4 friends with champ status and 4 rubber bands can do huh?