PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to level a new character.

Drekle
02-24-2017, 06:41 AM
When I attempt to level a new character I face pure 108 teams now. Gear matters in this game for some reason. I have to take my rating low to have a decent time. Thanks Ubi. :mad:

Bob__Gnarly
02-24-2017, 06:54 AM
Yep, I just tried a couple new classes myself and was being thrown into 4v4s with no prestige on my team and all prestige on the other. Some of them were even prestige 6!

Not only is matchmaking garbage, but the P2P makes it even worse just trying to get into a stable game.

For Honor will not last in it's current state, I can see why numbers are dropping off so rapidly. What a shame, all that potential down the drain. GG Ubi.

KingTheokoles
02-24-2017, 07:08 AM
When I attempt to level a new character I face pure 108 teams now. Gear matters in this game for some reason. I have to take my rating low to have a decent time. Thanks Ubi. :mad:

yeah it sucks man, I really love this game I just don;t know how to progress in it any further with trying to branch out into new hero types.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 07:27 AM
A suggestion could be to play the new characters in game modes without gear score. Will let you get to know the character and also earn some gear for yourself.

Hackfraysn
02-24-2017, 07:48 AM
A suggestion could be to play the new characters in game modes without gear score. Will let you get to know the character and also earn some gear for yourself.

There's still the gap in experience that comes with time played.

The only thing you can do is to level up your characters vs AI. I know, that's totally what you've bought the game for, right?

People are quitting left, right and center. I can't blame them at all. This is definitely going to be my very last Ubisoft game. Never again.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 07:52 AM
There's still the gap in experience that comes with time played.

The only thing you can do is to level up your characters vs AI. I know, that's totally what you've bought the game for, right?

People are quitting left, right and center. I can't blame them at all. This is definitely going to be my very last Ubisoft game. Never again.

So....non gear games are still "unfair" because other people have more experience? What multiplayer game is that not true? What a ridiculous argument.

Hackfraysn
02-24-2017, 07:59 AM
So....non gear games are still "unfair" because other people have more experience? What multiplayer game is that not true? What a ridiculous argument.

Not at all. Imagine you being pitted against Conor McGregor in your first couple of fights, when you just started doing martial arts. Would that be a fair fight in your opinion? Just asking, because that's exactly what's happening in current matchmaking.

If the experience gap between both players is too high, I would hardly call the matchmaking fair.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 08:07 AM
Not at all. Imagine you being pitted against Conor McGregor in your first couple of fights, when you just started doing martial arts. Would that be a fair fight in your opinion? Just asking, because that's exactly what's happening in current matchmaking.

If the experience gap between both players is too high, I would hardly call the matchmaking fair.

So how does the match making predict that the other person with the character with more experience is maybe going to pick a new character to try? Or that the person with the new character has already hit rep 5 on all other characters and is in fact on his last "new" character? Some people pick up concepts and mechanics of a game faster than others, how would the matchmaking sort those people out? What about brand new players, but one did all the tutorials and watched all the videos while the other just decided to jump right into the MP?

Hackfraysn
02-24-2017, 08:13 AM
So how does the match making predict that the other person with the character with more experience is maybe going to pick a new character to try? Or that the person with the new character has already hit rep 5 on all other characters and is in fact on his last "new" character? Some people pick up concepts and mechanics of a game faster than others, how would the matchmaking sort those people out? What about brand new players, but one did all the tutorials and watched all the videos while the other just decided to jump right into the MP?

I sincerely hope those were rhetorical questions.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 08:17 AM
I sincerely hope those were rhetorical questions.

No, you seem to think that there should be matchmaking based on "experience." Time played doesn't mean someone is better than someone else. You can play for days and still be bad at a game. Likewise you can play for a couple hours and be better than people who have played for weeks. So, what is your solution to get rid of the "gap in experience" in matchmaking.

The_B0G_
02-24-2017, 08:23 AM
Id suggest playing some bot games, it will help you get experience and most bots aren't that agressive so you can learn/practice too.

There are also contracts for fighting the AI so you can do those while you practice for extra xp to level up.

Its hard for everyone to get started in this game, I was getting straight up butchered for the first 3 hours of gameplay and when I level up new characters I still deal with the gear differences.

Once you get better at the game you can still beat a 108 with a 1 but they definitely have an advantage if they picked the right gear.