PDA

View Full Version : How do we stop people that leave maps because they rage quit ? I have an idea.

MatlaenStrider
02-24-2017, 05:08 AM
So, how do we fix that problem with people that leave matches? Simple, For very incident of leaving you are punished by -500 steel for the first time leaving a match without it ending properly. The next time this incident happens it's -1000 steel and a wait timer of 5 mins and ect... form -1500 steel to 10 min wait an so forth.

This is punishment, not a slap on the hand. So once you match is over and your in lobby you can then go to open world map. Not before.

Now with error codes that randomly pop up should be excluded from these punishment. This system should only activate when someone is in a match and hits leave to world map or quit to desktop.

First-time incident - Tenth-time incident
-500 no wait timer
-1000 wait timer 5 mins
-1500 wait timer 10 mins
-2000 wait timer 15 mins
-2500 wait timer 20 mins
-3000 wait timer 25 mins
-4000 wait timer 50 mins
-5000 wait timer 1 hour 10 mins
-6000 wait timer 2 hours
-7000 wait timer 2 hours 40 mins

After this 20th time the person left 24 hour account lock.

What are everyone thoughts ? Ubisoft needs to fix this problem, so whats your thoughts ?

Fa3r.
02-24-2017, 05:15 AM
So, how do we fix that problem with people that leave matches? Simple, For very incident of leaving you are punished by -500 steel for the first time leaving a match without it ending properly. The next time this incident happens it's -1000 steel and a wait timer of 5 mins and ect... form -1500 steel to 10 min wait an so forth.

This is punishment, not a slap on the hand. So once you match is over and your in lobby you can then go to open world map. Not before.

Now with error codes that randomly pop up should be excluded from these punishment. This system should only activate when someone is in a match and hits leave to world map or quit to desktop.

-500 no wait timer
-1000 wait timer 5 mins
-1500 wait timer 10 mins
-2000 wait timer 15 mins
-2500 wait timer 20 mins
-3000 wait timer 25 mins
-4000 wait timer 50 mins
-6000 wait timer 2 hours

What are everyone thoughts ? Ubisoft needs to fix this problem, so whats your thoughts ?

I would say we wait until Ubisoft has brought some type of mechanical balance and diversity into play. There is just too much to be abused in the game right now to impose a leaving penalty.

fairliedaft
02-24-2017, 05:17 AM
Terrible idea. I'll say now that I quit matches all the time. Lag switchers, AFKers or just general lag resulting in blocking or dodging simply not working all make we quit. I don't feel bad about it. If Ubi fix the problems then I'll stick around, but until then I am gonna quit the second I stop having fun due to how much of a mess it all is right now. Can't even really do AI matches either unless I turn matchmaking off due to all the people with rubber bands on their controllers.

Felis_Menari
02-24-2017, 05:22 AM
I think the fact that the match still goes on and the current round can result in an instant victory for the players who stay is enough. I'm happy with simply retaining credit for my participation in the match. Though I say this, and I know not what happens to match abandoners. If the retain any experience or steel, then that does annoy me a little bit. Must have had four, maybe five instances of match abandonment while doing brawls last night. The salt was overflowing, lol.

Neviathan-
02-24-2017, 09:26 AM
There are quite a few ways someone can "quit" a game:

1) return to menu/desktop
2) Alt + F4
3) pull out internet cable/disable WiFi
4) game disconnects player
5) game crashes and kicks everyone

Its impossible to determine the difference because its easy to fake a disconnect by pulling out your internet cable for example.

Getting disconnected for whatever reason is annoying enough, if there was an added punishment many players would definitely stop playing.

Everyone that finishes a match will get a reward in both XP and potential loot so giving up isnt smart either way, unless you care a lot about your K/D ratio or something..

Brave_Thunder
02-24-2017, 09:34 AM
Why leavers should be punished?Rankeds aren't out yet.And there are a lot of things that can bore people and convince them to quit,runners,gankers,people that just wait near ledges...the list is endless.

Obdach01
02-24-2017, 09:43 AM
What happens when the game kicks me out or the P2P? Did I just leave or did I get kicked? Do I get a penalty when that happen 5 times in a raw? Is it my connection or the other side?

I see a lot of questions unanswered.

Hackfraysn
02-24-2017, 10:09 AM

-500 no wait timer
-1000 wait timer 5 mins
-1500 wait timer 10 mins
-2000 wait timer 15 mins
-2500 wait timer 20 mins
-3000 wait timer 25 mins
-4000 wait timer 50 mins
-6000 wait timer 2 hours

Your suggestions sound utterly stupid, given how frequent disconnects, crashes and error messages are in this game.

Dude_of_Valor
02-24-2017, 10:39 AM
All i would want is that the person that leaves mid game has a game loss to their name and obviously receives no awards end of game.

If people quit and still get to keep their K/D ratio intact then that is crap. If you loose, accept it and move on.

Kiiyor
02-24-2017, 10:48 AM

-500 no wait timer
-1000 wait timer 5 mins
-1500 wait timer 10 mins
-2000 wait timer 15 mins
-2500 wait timer 20 mins
-3000 wait timer 25 mins
-4000 wait timer 50 mins
-6000 wait timer 2 hours

As the game stands, 1 in 6 matches (probably more) I play disconnect or error in one form or another. With your system, I would never, ever be in surplus for steel.

Heck, If I was penalized even 10 steel for a connection or server error because of a system you championed, i'd sell a kidney so I could afford to send a daily glitter bomb to your house.

Also, spawning into a dominion match with your team down 150 to 800 should never be something you are penalized for leaving.

Squ1dF4ce
02-24-2017, 11:08 AM
I am neither a woman nor a child so I never leave a game no matter how infuriated I become, in any game.

So I'm all for harsh punishment for leavers.

SirCorrino
02-24-2017, 11:11 AM
No. Leaving sucks, but what sucks even more is being put into a game mode you didn't want to play because the game is stupid enough to not have every game mode in a separate queue. And I refuse to accept any system that would punish me for the game giving me the wrong mode.

Altair_Snake
02-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Why leavers should be punished?Rankeds aren't out yet.And there are a lot of things that can bore people and convince them to quit,runners,gankers,people that just wait near ledges...the list is endless.

I'd say about half these "reasons", that many people list, is made of pure salt.

However, there are legit reasons for quiting, such as lag, being left with only bots in your team, extreme gear discrepancy, etc. There are also many disconnects because the game just drops, specially during host migration.

They don't have the infrastructure to penalize people, yet.