PDA

View Full Version : Angry Joe's review of For Honor

Ephemiel
02-24-2017, 04:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxKEpbQU6-8

PandaCDN
02-24-2017, 04:57 AM
Long review but pretty much everything is on point.

xjlxking
02-24-2017, 05:15 AM
Spot on with his review.

Einherjar25
02-24-2017, 05:15 AM
Long review but pretty much everything is on point.

I was gonna say the same thing. He's pretty deadon!

Ex__Machina
02-24-2017, 09:46 AM
Even if many of his points are reflective of my own, after watching him play, his opinion carries no weight. His highest char is the pk but he can't even use his free light after heavy. He never parries. Hell I don't think he even blocks. Not to mention he's literally invested into providing positive feedback. I do enjoy the game but my views actually seem to carry less weight when they are similar to this tool.

I'd be incredibly surprised he's even got 10 hours of gameplay since closed beta

Ragnar---
02-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Bit of misinformation right at the start were he says the guy lag-switched when he just got replaced by a bot.

xxspetznaxx
02-24-2017, 10:07 AM
Even if many of his points are reflective of my own, after watching him play, his opinion carries no weight. His highest char is the pk but he can't even use his free light after heavy. He never parries. Hell I don't think he even blocks. Not to mention he's literally invested into providing positive feedback. I do enjoy the game but my views actually seem to carry less weight when they are similar to this tool.

I'd be incredibly surprised he's even got 10 hours of gameplay since closed beta

And? His low play time doesn't make the game any less broken. I don't think he is invested into positive feedback either, since he came right out of the gate with the negatives. In a 30min vid that's all most will watch anyway. If you wanna see reviewers paid to kiss Ubi ******** look no further than IGN, Gamespot, etc. Any reviewer giving the game more than a 7 in its broken state is a paid shill or worse.

Pretty standard fare for Ubi these days. First a review embargo, then releasing broken crap to glowing reviews, and lackluster support after the initial cash grab.

Returning to the point of playtime- I think the game gets worse the more I play. It was better when I was content with blindly swinging heavies and rarely even blocking. Now that my skill level is increasing towards blocks, parrys, counter breaks, deflects, etc the core flaws are becoming more glaring. It's not until you try playing with mechanics that require millisecond reactions that even the slightest connection issues become noticeable.

I like the game, but let's be honest about it.

Ex__Machina
02-24-2017, 10:17 AM
And? His low play time doesn't make the game any less broken. I don't think he is invested into positive feedback either, since he came right out of the gate with the negatives. In a 30min vid that's all most will watch anyway. If you wanna see reviewers paid to kiss Ubi ******** look no further than IGN, Gamespot, etc. Any reviewer giving the game more than a 7 in its broken state is a paid shill or worse.

Pretty standard fare for Ubi these days. First a review embargo, then releasing broken crap to glowing reviews, and lackluster support after the initial cash grab.

Returning to the point of playtime- I think the game gets worse the more I play. It was better when I was content with blindly swinging heavies and rarely even blocking. Now that my skill level is increasing towards blocks, parrys, counter breaks, deflects, etc the core flaws are becoming more glaring. It's not until you try playing with mechanics that require millisecond reactions that even the slightest connection issues become noticeable.

I like the game, but let's be honest about it.

i'd take back my comment if i could. i do maintain the belief that his limited exposure gives little weight to his opinion, however his points are valid and his opinions are much more likely to affect changes than my own, and in the end that's all that matters.

cragar212
02-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Angry Joe my favorite reviewer!

Angry army attack!!!!!!!

Viktorius_III
02-24-2017, 11:10 AM
Yup basically everything is on point... and i am (including closed and open beta) around reputation 12 :)
basically stopped playing for now since so many bugs and inbalances cause the game to be more frustrating then fun.

x LethalNoodle
02-24-2017, 11:27 AM
AngryJoe is the most biased reviewer out there. He is ANYTHING but objective. And he's a pretty bad gamer overall. If you look at his reviews over a large picture you can tell that he forms his opinion about the game by how much fun he had. Instead of reviewing the game as it is. Take Battlefield 1 for example. He was able to play with friends and said he had a lot of fun in that game so he gives it a high score. He even praises singleplayer as a cool game mode while it's a glorified tutorial with no consistency, no real effort put into it, or anything. Same happens with his Ghostbusters review and his Deus Ex review.

Simply put, he's not a reviewer. He's just another gamer that shares his opinion with the world. Nothing wrong with that, but take his videos with a huge grain of salt. If you want to see how reviews are done right, ToalBiscuit is the way to go.

l3OoOM
02-24-2017, 11:43 AM
These microtransactions are disgusting af!

I mean, just look at it. You can see and hear it, in game you can feel it.

DeLatv
02-24-2017, 11:57 AM
Hes on point, hope devs will listen to him.

Not that im gonna stop playing this game cos of some problems, its still fun as hell.

cragar212
02-24-2017, 01:29 PM
AngryJoe is the most biased reviewer out there. He is ANYTHING but objective. And he's a pretty bad gamer overall. If you look at his reviews over a large picture you can tell that he forms his opinion about the game by how much fun he had. Instead of reviewing the game as it is. Take Battlefield 1 for example. He was able to play with friends and said he had a lot of fun in that game so he gives it a high score. He even praises singleplayer as a cool game mode while it's a glorified tutorial with no consistency, no real effort put into it, or anything. Same happens with his Ghostbusters review and his Deus Ex review.

Simply put, he's not a reviewer. He's just another gamer that shares his opinion with the world. Nothing wrong with that, but take his videos with a huge grain of salt. If you want to see how reviews are done right, ToalBiscuit is the way to go.

Well thats your opinion. 3 million subs I'd say a few people don't share that opinion.

cragar212
02-24-2017, 01:32 PM
Double bubble

Tillo.
02-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Hahaha now this is an honest trailer.
Doesn't matter if he knows how to play or not, point well proven, connectivity in this game FREAKING SUX. Bugisoft getting pwned from every angle.