PDA

View Full Version : The Lawbringer is NOT Underpowered or Worthless

Archo-Vax
02-24-2017, 04:29 AM
If you don't believe me, go on YouTube and look up For Honor videos made by a guy called "CaRtOoNz". HE uses Lawbringer JUST FINE. What's YOUR excuse?

Felis_Menari
02-24-2017, 04:40 AM
If you don't believe me, go on YouTube and look up For Honor videos made by a guy called "CaRtOoNz". HE uses Lawbringer JUST FINE. What's YOUR excuse?

The lawbringer is certainly viable. As to whether he's optimal, now that is another question. His slow stance shifting points towards "no".

alucard_413
02-24-2017, 04:48 AM
I am maybe not famous like the guys you quote. But i do my best with my lawbringer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAmb2Evu_50

Ephemiel
02-24-2017, 04:51 AM
That's like telling Overwatch players to go look at Seagull's Genji videos and that meaning everyone should use him whenever they want.

Einherjar25
02-24-2017, 04:54 AM
I am maybe not famous like the guys you quote. But i do my best with my lawbringer.

Stats don't mean **** my friend. They can be easily manipulated. I am not saying YOU did, just saying they are unreliable. For all I know someone could be beating is friend OVER AND OVER again. (Which would happened to be not the sharpest knife in the drawer...)

Itsaku
02-24-2017, 04:58 AM
Oh please. The lawbringer is so slow he can't even parry punish as well as other classes, and attacking without a parry first is just begging to get parried yourself, or for the other guy to just walk away calmly. Just because one person can use it well doesn't mean it's a good class. I have an 80% win rate and I'm definitely not in the top 20%. I could just post YouTube videos of my Orochi wins and claim Orochi is the best class in the game even though it's easily in the bottom half.

Einherjar25
02-24-2017, 05:05 AM
Oh please. The lawbringer is so slow he can't even parry punish as well as other classes, and attacking without a parry first is just begging to get parried yourself, or for the other guy to just walk away calmly. Just because one person can use it well doesn't mean it's a good class. I have an 80% win rate and I'm definitely not in the top 20%. I could just post YouTube videos of my Orochi wins and claim Orochi is the best class in the game even though it's easily in the bottom half.

Orochi is a bad class?? Watch out we got a clown overhere.... Oro is top tier for sure.

Felis_Menari
02-24-2017, 05:11 AM
Orochi is a bad class?? Watch out we got a clown overhere.... Oro is top tier for sure.

It can be easy to see and defend against the orochi's rushing attacks, but once he gets in close he is a very significant threat.

SpoperioR
02-24-2017, 05:17 AM
i use the lawbringer a lot.. pretty much my main.. i wouldnt say hes worthless. but he deff could use a tune-up.. for someone who is labeled a counter-attacker it is very difficult to punish someone with counters if they have any sort of reflexes. all it takes is a simple dodge to get away from a lawbringer.. no assassin should get hit by a lawbringers heavy if they have proper brain function. ive actually started to use the warden again, because outside of 4v4s its very tough to be consistent with the mighty lawbringer when hes too slow to actually bring the law

Felis_Menari
02-24-2017, 05:30 AM
i use the lawbringer a lot.. pretty much my main.. i wouldnt say hes worthless. but he deff could use a tune-up.. for someone who is labeled a counter-attacker it is very difficult to punish someone with counters if they have any sort of reflexes. all it takes is a simple dodge to get away from a lawbringer.. no assassin should get hit by a lawbringers heavy if they have proper brain function. ive actually started to use the warden again, because outside of 4v4s its very tough to be consistent with the mighty lawbringer when hes too slow to actually bring the law

I dealt with an orochi in a brawl last night that I could hardly touch (we mostly 1v1'd it). Every time I shoved and went for a guard break, she dodged out and I lost a significant amount of stamina due to the failed guard. The only thing that I could hit her with was the light parry counter. Maybe it's possible to hit with a light after the shove before an Orochi can dodge away, but I didn't feel like taking a risk in such a difficult fight.

MatlaenStrider
02-24-2017, 05:38 AM
Lawbringer in my opinion just needs 2 things. First, he is protected when reforming a heavy attack/unblockable attack you have to hit him twice to cancel the attack or just parry the attack. Next, make this second heavy attack faster for exmaple, the first normal heavy swing " normal speed ." Second heavy swing should be 0.5 sec faster. Not a 1.0 sec faster cause they way to fast, but 0.5 would feel right with his movements because of his momentum.

After that Lawbringers works fine just need a little fixing for speed and maybe protection so you can just stop unblockable attacks hit poking him in the stomach with a light

>.> for god sake he wearing plate armour like a light attack would stop an unblockable attack.

PlagueGripes
02-24-2017, 05:39 AM
There's a number of things wrong with an argument of "well watch this one guy do it." Especially when everyone is agreeing that the kit has issues, and the only contrary evidence is a guy who doesn't know how to dodge shoves beating up on people who also don't know what they're doing.

Einherjar25
02-24-2017, 05:47 AM
I dealt with an orochi in a brawl last night that I could hardly touch (we mostly 1v1'd it). Every time I shoved and went for a guard break, she dodged out and I lost a significant amount of stamina due to the failed guard. The only thing that I could hit her with was the light parry counter. Maybe it's possible to hit with a light after the shove before an Orochi can dodge away, but I didn't feel like taking a risk in such a difficult fight.

How aspect that I find completly ridiculous regarding the light fighters is that is the only class u block or parry and if you try to attack they sidestep and hit you anyway. You literally get punish for trying to capitalize on the fact u block their attack. They **** up, you're still the one losing HP.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-24-2017, 05:48 AM
Worthless? No

Underpowered? Yes

- A mountain of armor who can't take a hit

- Does less damage than pretty much anyone else

- His only upside is to abuse the environment

RaidoKnight
02-24-2017, 06:06 AM

Cratoonz is a guy who only play against scrubs and never show his loses. I really hate this guy.
however lawbringer is not bad, people just have to learn him.

TheCadian_
02-24-2017, 06:14 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAmb2Evu_50

I wish I hadn't started playing For Honor as a Lawbringer. I did abysmally with him and will never be able to have stats like that as a result without putting far too much time into the game, that I can no longer afford.

Good stuff though.