PDA

View Full Version : need help with DF mission building

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 10:50 PM
I have made some single missions but when i tried to make a DF mission for online I get no bases or planes to show up. The booklet is very vague on the subject. Is there a place that i can get a walkthrough on this. I know some of you are rolling your eyes bout now.[because it is probably very simple] I also can be very simple{minded}.I am as lost as a ball in high weeds when it comes to this PC. I want to create a DF mission with LOTS of flack and aaa to stop the vultching that occures when i host games . Asking the kids to stop never works.{ all i get is a non stop cussing most times} I host " point and shoot" each evening , USA eastern time, 8 pm, 20h hours. no tailspins.

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 10:50 PM
I have made some single missions but when i tried to make a DF mission for online I get no bases or planes to show up. The booklet is very vague on the subject. Is there a place that i can get a walkthrough on this. I know some of you are rolling your eyes bout now.[because it is probably very simple] I also can be very simple{minded}.I am as lost as a ball in high weeds when it comes to this PC. I want to create a DF mission with LOTS of flack and aaa to stop the vultching that occures when i host games . Asking the kids to stop never works.{ all i get is a non stop cussing most times} I host " point and shoot" each evening , USA eastern time, 8 pm, 20h hours. no tailspins.

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 11:11 PM
try posting this in the mission builders forum

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 11:23 PM
Mike

When you choose a home base and select planes you want to be available. Click the properties tab and change it to the color you want it.

When you put your AA down at the bases be sure to put the properties at the same color as the base.

If neither of these work, try putting a static AC at the base and make its properties the same as base.

Good luck!

PF-Coastie

<p align="center">http://www.artjunky.com/phantomfighters/images/419x100phantomfighters01.gif (http://www.artjunky.com/phantomfighters/default.asp)

Coasties Place (http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/coastie0/)

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 11:47 PM
mike49 wrote:
- I want to create a DF mission with LOTS of flack
- and aaa to stop the vultching that occures when i
- host games . Asking the kids to stop never works.{
- all i get is a non stop cussing most times}

Learn to kick unwanted players from your server. If your rules say NO VULCHING then enforce that.

Personally I allow vulching and even encourage it. I want a war feeling to my server. I chose to protect against vulching instead of outlaw it.

Too many flak guns will slow down your server. Tell the bases to run CAPs over their bases to protect against vulchers. Use moderate flak. If water is near place German AA submarines (the subs with 4 deck cannons) close enough to protect your bases and still be in a waterway. Make sure you change the sub color properties to match the base.

I host a vulching allowed server and set it up to protect against vulching. You're welcome to take a peek at my server if you like. I usually host on Saturdays in Hyperlobby.

<center>http://www.blitzpigs.com/forum/images/avatars/bp_geminiCombined.gif

<center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">Warning: My intense sense of humor may tug at the stick crammed in your shaded spot.</table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">If you treasure your lack of humor please refrain from reading my posts as they may cause laughter.</table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">Heaven Forbid.</table style></center>
<center><table style="filter:glow[color=black,strength=4)"> P-39 Vet since the original IL-2 Sturmovik </table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=black,strength=4)"> Soon to be P-63 Vet </table style></center>

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif
<table style="filter:glow[color=green,strength=4)">www.blitzpigs.com</center> </table style>