PDA

View Full Version : Knights - unofficial hard mode?

Squ1dF4ce
02-24-2017, 03:00 AM
As someone who mainly plays at night and sometimes around noon (pst) it seems like the last week the knights have been almost always be in last place for territories. More so the later the evening goes the worst knight players seem to get. Has the knight faction become the unofficial hard mode?

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 03:08 AM
Everbody craps on the knights so yes its hard mode, we start 90% of turns in the negative. I mean look. We have the sams on our stronghold and are still -2 where the hell are the knights, and where the hell is the balance?

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 03:56 AM
Irrelevant to the subject, also with people getting dropped no way to tell if its a quit or dc

ThePrincePipi
02-24-2017, 04:00 AM
Everbody craps on the knights so yes its hard mode, we start 90% of turns in the negative. I mean look. We have the sams on our stronghold and are still -2 where the hell are the knights, and where the hell is the balance?

As a knight I'l tell you why there is fewer knights: Katanas and vikings are attractive. We look basic a bit. Majority of the samurai fan-base are orochi main anime fans. Vikings watch the show ( I do too)

Ruin..
02-24-2017, 04:14 AM
As a knight I'l tell you why there is fewer knights: Katanas and vikings are attractive. We look basic a bit. Majority of the samurai fan-base are orochi main anime fans. Vikings watch the show ( I do too)

^
This

I'm viking faction but i play samurai.
I watch the show but i play samurai better.

The_B0G_
02-24-2017, 05:11 AM
For a while I thought faction balance was working, knights are hardly even getting a surge at the start anymore though.

GLR476
02-24-2017, 05:54 AM
For a while I thought faction balance was working, knights are hardly even getting a surge at the start anymore though.

LOL was clearly not working in the open Beta.

And only ever gotten worse.

Im not gonna say this ii the only reason why I deleted this game from my PS4 today, but it was a big one.

Why does everyone who doesn't play samurai have to see the samurai face roll swarm 'winning' at the main menu? You can't even play the game without constantly being reminded about what complete BS their idea of 'balance' is.

Good riddance to this massively disappointing game. It looks and sounds great but the gameplay is so-so even if the networking didn't absolutely suck. I'm not looking forward to anything UBI ever does again. Good job being the latest failure.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 06:04 AM
I still have my poll floating around about which faction people fight for. Over 50 people and almost 50% of them fight for the Knights. Still a fairly small sample size but based on that the Knights are actually the most populous faction followed by the Vikings and then the Samurai.

TRfisK
02-24-2017, 06:31 AM
Samurai I kinda get, but vikings more attractive than knights? How? Half of them aren't even wearing anything.

Exactly ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )

Drekle
02-24-2017, 06:42 AM
As someone who mainly plays at night and sometimes around noon (pst) it seems like the last week the knights have been almost always be in last place for territories. More so the later the evening goes the worst knight players seem to get. Has the knight faction become the unofficial hard mode?

Adults don't play knight. When the big boys get off of work knights get stomped.

Rump_Buffalo
02-24-2017, 06:50 AM
Keep in mind that the number of games you play and the performance in said game make a difference. Could be more knights, playing far less... who knows

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 06:52 AM
Keep in mind that the number of games you play and the performance in said game make a difference. Could be more knights, playing far less... who knows

Or, more Knights not playing well.

fariic
02-24-2017, 07:03 AM
I've placed almost 1 million war assets for samurai, that's why you're losing.

Altair_Snake
02-24-2017, 10:45 AM
I guess they equalize things for how many people sign in for the factions. It would probably be more effective to balance it based on how many people player for the last day, or somethign like this. Right now the knights are really screwed.

Squ1dF4ce
02-24-2017, 11:27 AM
It is pretty clear at this point;

Do you want easy wins so you can feel good about yourself for understanding the basics of the game? Play Samurai

Do you want a challenging game where you will usually do well but the occasional curve ball will rek you? Play vikings

Do you want the hardest most brutal experience the game has to offer? Where every mistake and miss step will be punished with death? over and over again?

Play Knights.

Juuudass
02-24-2017, 11:54 AM
Its because this game has no balance me and some friends tested the amount of points that you win. Some were samurai some vikings and some knights. We won the same amount of war assets so that means that the faction with more population basically wins, no balance.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 12:14 PM
It is pretty clear at this point;

Do you want easy wins so you can feel good about yourself for understanding the basics of the game? Play Samurai

Do you want a challenging game where you will usually do well but the occasional curve ball will rek you? Play vikings

Do you want the hardest most brutal experience the game has to offer? Where every mistake and miss step will be punished with death? over and over again?

Play Knights.

But, which hero you play has no bearing on which faction you're in, nor does your faction dictate which heroes you can play. And since the faction you play as has no bearing on how well you use the various heroes in match, I'm not sure what any of what you said has to do with the faction war.

Baine1
02-24-2017, 12:16 PM
Yeah LOL.
Knights so hard to play, especially Warden vortex, Conqueror defense and PK spam. Damn man, game so difficult. Only knight that really is difficult to go by is Lawbringer. But even there a good player will stomp your face.
If you think KNights hare hardmode you have no clue about current meta.

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 12:21 PM
Yeah LOL.
Knights so hard to play, especially Warden vortex, Conqueror defense and PK spam. Damn man, game so difficult. Only knight that really is difficult to go by is Lawbringer. But even there a good player will stomp your face.
If you think KNights hare hardmode you have no clue about current meta.

We are talking about faction war balance not the class meta.

Baine1
02-24-2017, 12:24 PM
My bad.

Still, i doubt you can say that one faction is hard mode on Faction War level. We would need to know the population per faction and the regional distribution.

Galduurung
02-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Adults don't play knight. When the big boys get off of work knights get stomped.

LOL ! Samurai and Vkings are made for teen. Samurai because of the anime fan-base (Japan so cool, manga are life,...) and Vikings because they represent the rebel side of teens.
So no, Knights are played by mature people.
It's not a generality but it's representative.

Stubbs-SR1
02-24-2017, 12:29 PM
LOL ! Samurai and Vkings are made for teen. Samurai because of the anime fan-base (Japan so cool, manga are life,...) and Vikings because they represent the rebel side of teens.
So no, Knights are played by mature people.
It's not a generality but it's representative.

Deus Vult, Deus Vult, Deus Vult, Did I mention Deus Vult? Something Holy Lands, Pope, Deus Vult.

I'd rather take the Viking watchers and Swamp Weebs over that any day.

Cyriccube
02-24-2017, 12:31 PM
My bad.

Still, i doubt you can say that one faction is hard mode on Faction War level. We would need to know the population per faction and the regional distribution.

Don't think regional distribution means anything regarding the faction war. All I see is popular vote wins faction war. Nothing done to balance population count at all or a surge if theres a very small amount of territory. I'm sorry but it should be harder to defend a frontline as long as the samurai's and much easier to defend a skimpy line like the knights currently. There isn't any minor negatives or positives to either? ****ing stupid that faction war is just going to go to people who hop on a meta win train and go samurai because either their grip to anime is so dependent they went there, or because they're winning horrendously so at the moment.

GG Ubisoft. No forward thinking at all. The Three days of Open beta were better then the release state of the game and thats just sad.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Don't think regional distribution means anything regarding the faction war. All I see is popular vote wins faction war. Nothing done to balance population count at all or a surge if theres a very small amount of territory. I'm sorry but it should be harder to defend a frontline as long as the samurai's and much easier to defend a skimpy line like the knights currently. There isn't any minor negatives or positives to either? ****ing stupid that faction war is just going to go to people who hop on a meta win train and go samurai because either their grip to anime is so dependent they went there, or because they're winning horrendously so at the moment.

GG Ubisoft. No forward thinking at all. The Three days of Open beta were better then the release state of the game and thats just sad.

It's kind of funny because last week it was people crying everyone was going to jump on the Viking bandwagon. Now this week it's everyone will jump on the Samurai bandwagon.

Thel..
02-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Pretty simple.. Vikings and Samurai are more represented in popular culture. Makes sense they'd be the most popular factions. Knights look badass, but most classes do. It's a popularity contest.

Lord-Arion
02-24-2017, 12:50 PM
Knights are mainly challenging the steam rolling the vikings and samurai are doing and that we eat the whole of. We are perpetually in the pit trying to pull ourselves out of a hole we start 90% of turns in. If you've noticed knights havent really made any strong pushes and are the only faction that has never breached 30 territories.

Knights find it a bit tiresome to always be trying to stop falling below 10, which we are the only faction to do. First in open beta with 9 and now here with 7.

feuerundblut
02-24-2017, 12:51 PM
Pretty simple.. Vikings and Samurai are more represented in popular culture. Makes sense they'd be the most popular factions. Knights look badass, but most classes do. It's a popularity contest.

I wouldn't say that at all. In video games, for example, knights are much more represented than vikings and samurais. In fantasy culture too, knights are much more represented. Take game of thrones for instance, it's just one of the top dramas nowadays and it's all about knights. Compare the audience with what Vikings get, and you will see a big gap in popularity.

Baine1
02-24-2017, 01:42 PM
Sorry but I cant take this seriously anymore. You realize the Samurai pretty much lost terribly in beta? And afaik everytime i logged in the last weeks the Samurai were pushed to their headquarter with Knights and vikings taking most of the land.
Now you get pushed back to your HQ ONCE and you guys take it to the forums crying.

Deus vult much.

ThePrincePipi
02-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Samurai are chosen because of katanas and anime

Vikings are chosen because of BEARDS and maybe "I need to prove I'm a man" or watches the show and it's pretty cool.

Knights are basic, but I chose them because of indeed, meme deus vult purpose AND as a darksoul player, I am of course a dark soul armor fashionista. I like armor. I mean lawbringer with the hellfire execution really makes you look like a dark soul "half-giant" boss !