PDA

View Full Version : For Honor and Hacker Issues

LinkDrako
02-24-2017, 01:52 AM
Sooooo, it took all of about two weeks for the game to be near ruined by hackers.

Apparently, these are what people are using, and I would appreciate it if UBISOFT would do something about it. The site itself is not an issue, but the content should worry everyone who plays this game legitimately.

removed

removed

This cannot be allowed to continue. This game has a LOT of potential, and should be protected. We spent 60$ on this game +micro transaction costs. We deserve a proper game play experience. That, or, just refund my money so I can buy Siege instead. :mad:

DeLatv
02-24-2017, 02:07 AM
Yeah, supper annoying. but every game has hacks. Its a never ending battle.

Happily, if i can see an hacker, i can just quit the match with out any penalties, so thats a plus.

I think hacks will die out quickly, as this is a fighting game, no fighting game is fun, when ur not playing your self. people will start the hack, play for few days tops and quit, cos the game it self will become pretty booring. This game litterally offers nothing except fighting other people, its more fun to watch good player streaming the game, than moveing around and letting the bot to play in your stead.

The 1v1/2v2 is gonna be pretty safe, as its not hard to find out hackers, and the matchmaking puts the same people together cos of ping n stuff, so when hacker is gonna be detected, he will sit in ques longer than play the game...

4v4 is another story. It will probably the biggest problem. But again, quitting doesnt punish, and hackers dont really play the game to play the game, they love the interaction with other people while hacking, where this game will be troublesome to get them the satisfaction.

Just need to be patient, Slowly the new hype will leave, the core of people who like this game will stay, and all hackers who have no intrest in getting good at the game and have fun in fighting other people, will just go to another "new" game

DeLatv
02-24-2017, 02:12 AM
BTW, remove the links, or u will get banned, as this could be as free advertisment.

UbiNoty
02-24-2017, 02:23 AM
Hi all, we're actively working (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1581764-How-do-we-fight-cheaters-to-ensure-fair-gameplay-on-our-battlefields) to combat hackers and cheaters. If you run into any hackers in game please help us make the battlefields a little more honorable by reporting them in game or reporting them here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=FHReportACheater) so we can investigate and take necessary actions. Thanks!

LinkDrako
03-01-2017, 01:23 AM
If you really want to fix the hacker problem, you first need to stop using P2P based game-play. The fact two of your recent games are P2P and both are slowly dying due to the fact it is P2P should say something to your design team. In truth, this could be fixed in a matter of a month by the amount of people you have on staff to work on this project.

You took my money and swore up an down that this game would NOT have the same issues as Division. Well, it has the EXACT same issues as the Division. All I want is a working game that doesn't require me to work while I play. Its a little disingenuous to keep making the same mistake over and over Ubisoft. You allowed access through Steampowered. Why not just allow us PC users to create our own servers as they do on games like CS and such. VAC works and has worked for decades now. And no, I do not care about the console user base. They chose to be console users and that limits the effectiveness of their gaming mechanics and stratagem. Just like Overwatch, the game must be balanced around what system is being used. This goes for the GUI, menu systems, game-play mechanics, right down to the physics.

Also, I appreciate that you are at least trying.

Lorr-Rhedet
03-01-2017, 01:30 AM
Hi all, we're actively working (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1581764-How-do-we-fight-cheaters-to-ensure-fair-gameplay-on-our-battlefields) to combat hackers and cheaters. If you run into any hackers in game please help us make the battlefields a little more honorable by reporting them in game or reporting them here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=FHReportACheater) so we can investigate and take necessary actions. Thanks!

why remove the evidence from the OP's post? same reason why the dev team removed the player count from Social? you community managers are fascists.

and_53_93
03-01-2017, 01:37 AM
i canīt say if i met hackers before.... one time a guy glitcht through attacks and shield blocks but i thougt this was an timelag form the internet.

i read throug the comments in that thread in i really donīt know how to recognize a hacker if i would met one:confused:

Artofwarden
03-01-2017, 09:52 AM
i canīt say if i met hackers before.... one time a guy glitcht through attacks and shield blocks but i thougt this was an timelag form the internet.

i read throug the comments in that thread in i really donīt know how to recognize a hacker if i would met one:confused:

i see hackers every single day now as of 3/1/2017.
no lies whnever i jump i will always find at least 1 hacker or more if i keep playing.
and the funny thing is that i reported all of them but i have no clue if its just an empty report in game or
does staffs actually watch them and monitoring evrything they do in game since the report but i doubt that ubisoft
aint doing anything really. everytime i report i thought myself is it even worth it or anything because i see them everyday now.
honestly i feel like ubi isnt doing anything at all. that button is just there to make you think that they care but i can tell ubi does
nothing really. if i can right now all i want is just my REFUND and i wont say a word now. this game is BROKEN period!!

and_53_93
03-01-2017, 04:38 PM
i see hackers every single day now as of 3/1/2017.
no lies whnever i jump i will always find at least 1 hacker or more if i keep playing.
and the funny thing is that i reported all of them but i have no clue if its just an empty report in game or
does staffs actually watch them and monitoring evrything they do in game since the report but i doubt that ubisoft
aint doing anything really. everytime i report i thought myself is it even worth it or anything because i see them everyday now.
honestly i feel like ubi isnt doing anything at all. that button is just there to make you think that they care but i can tell ubi does
nothing really. if i can right now all i want is just my REFUND and i wont say a word now. this game is BROKEN period!!

ok i get it you are angry at ubisoft.

but i still donīt know how to recognize a hacker if i would see one and i will not report a guy only because he kills me a few times :/

Pope138
03-01-2017, 04:51 PM
ok i get it you are angry at ubisoft.

but i still donīt know how to recognize a hacker if i would see one and i will not report a guy only because he kills me a few times :/

Which happens often. A lot of people who report hackers don't know how to identify them, they just know they shouldn't have lost that battle. Must be a hacker.

ArlianDeBias
03-01-2017, 05:00 PM
why remove the evidence from the OP's post? same reason why the dev team removed the player count from Social? you community managers are fascists.

Removing links to cheating and hack websites is done in pretty much every game forum.

Gaining access to hacks and cheats is already easy enough as it is, there's no need to link to and promote it even further.

Merc572
03-01-2017, 05:00 PM
how can you tell if someone is a hacker??

and_53_93
03-01-2017, 10:29 PM
how can you tell if someone is a hacker??

i asked this 2 times before and still dont got an answer ?!?!?!?!?!?!HOW DO I RECOGNICE HACKERS?!?!?!!?!?!?

(im not saying that there are no hackers) but i start to think this thread is full of guys how gets killed 3 or 4 times from one guy, reports them and think: "this need to be an hacker because iīm an progamer"

ANSWERīS I NEED ANSWERīS :eek:

Potato_6
03-01-2017, 10:44 PM
There aren't any surefire ways. There's your answer. Much like removing hack links I doubt any company would tell you how they detect cheating as they are already losing the battle. Best comment was the guy who said they would get bored and leave. In a game like this that's likely our best defense.

and_53_93
03-01-2017, 11:08 PM
There aren't any surefire ways. There's your answer. Much like removing hack links I doubt any company would tell you how they detect cheating as they are already losing the battle. Best comment was the guy who said they would get bored and leave. In a game like this that's likely our best defense.

ok it sounds like that this mostly happen on PC

or can this happen on ps4 (this kind of hack)

Braegulfer
03-01-2017, 11:18 PM
ok it sounds like that this mostly happen on PC

or can this happen on ps4 (this kind of hack)

Mostly PC but they are available for every platform in one way or another.

Spotting them: Like the dude above said, there are no surefire ways, but once I suspect I start trying to root it out and basically, if somebody can block a mad variety of light attacks from every angle and still makes a lot of moves that open themselves to constant punishment....ie bad payer with unbelievably good defense...it's a pretty good sign they are cheating. I'll throw lights and gbs at them from every angle and in unexpected situations...ie feint then light from the opposite side, etc. I don't know 100% that a dude is a hacker at the end of this, but I'm definitely in the 90% range. Great players have unbelievable d and still wreck me, but they'll let 1 or 2 lights get through, possibly even a gb during a 3-5 round match while they're whipping my ***. Hackers just spam terrible moves and decisions and let the software run their D for them. I only see 1 or 2 a day on average atm and I play 3-5 hrs a day at this point.

Valtaya
03-01-2017, 11:35 PM

It is actualy easy to say if there is just lag or not.

Like today, I had an orochin in a game:
He attacked left (my right), my block was already on my right (so it could not be lag), but he sliced through as if there was no block at all... with the typical stagger and so.
This happened like 2 times per fight... 10times in the whole match. Then, for whatever reason this guy was badly positioned and (I gues) out of stamina, I rushed at him with my warden (hold alt) and pressed RMB... bam... and he went down the ledge, he even displayed a skull on the scoreboard. 2 seconds later he stood behind me, killing me... and 2 other from my team, just so. (and no he was not revived... and no sudden death so an instant respawn... because with this, he would be at respawn point and not at point C).

In another match I had a peacekeeper... attacked from 4 sides at once... and it was just block block block deflect block block parry block parry.... you know, things a lvl 3 bot conqueror can do, but not an assassin player.

I know some realy good players, to fight them is like... a 3year old vs Mike Tyson... but sometime you can just tell "this player is way off the charts". You can just tell if they spam macros or use bots to support their playing, but I gues, to see that, one have to be at least an average player.

And sometimes... you meet a realy good player and on top of that you have lag and you think "this guy is not real", but Ubisoft should sort that out, since they threw this synchronized p2p lagfast at us in the first place (and p2p is a cheat/hackfest).

Sofun2me
03-02-2017, 12:20 AM

If you are a legitimately good player and you get a team that inters the lobe and just so happens to always end up on the same side and they score1500 points in dominion and you score 80. You can almost be shore that they are modding. I have only seen this outright cheating once since game day release

LinkDrako
03-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Understanding the mechanics of the game is your first start to learning how to recognize hacking in one form or another. Its somewhat like in an FPS with someone using wild-shot or aim-bot. Its pretty clear when someone shoots through a building for a head-shot that its hacks. With this game its a tad different.

Each animation has a timing, and each timing comes in windows within the fight mechanic. For instance, you are Kensei and your opponent is Warden. The fight has four actual timing windows (opening blood/clash/positional clash/end clash) and within each timing window rests the reactionary allotment the games engine gives you to perform whatever task is needed at that timing window. Warden slashes and connects (opening blood), you reengage and quick step forward into an overhead light and connect following into the full combo which connects as well (clash), you and warden begin a sort of dance to gain the best footing and ground before reengaging once more (positional clash), once your blades meet again the battle is almost always decided by the player who connect first and combos strongest ending with either a fallen enemy or execution (end clash).

Now, each animation within the game has a timing and form. Meaning the algorithm is designed to do specific things when inputs are given in the corresponding manner. To be concise, you cannot do a light attack and suddenly fly around the map. The games code simply doesn't allow it (if properly functioning).

So lets say you are fighting someone. Every attack is parried perfectly, every guard break is countered perfectly, and you never land a single hit on your opponent. How can you know if its legit or not? TIMINGS! If someone is able to instantly counter a break multiple times in a row without missing, or seems to be able to push you further than you originally could then it is time to be concerned.

My motto is this: If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, its a damn duck. Possibly a mallard.

The idea that hacking is still a thing ****ing astounds me. Why? Why spend money on the game, then more money on a hax subscription to hax your way to a point where you cant play cause everyone knows you hax and abandons, or you get banned and all that money was wasted... Why? Whats the point?

Ranshire
03-02-2017, 09:04 PM
The idea that hacking is still a thing ****ing astounds me. Why? Why spend money on the game, then more money on a hax subscription to hax your way to a point where you cant play cause everyone knows you hax and abandons, or you get banned and all that money was wasted... Why? Whats the point?

It is still a thing for a few reasons. Top being (black hat) they can't stop me. Followed by an 'I have the skills and knowledge to shortcut the **** out of this game'

White hat answers are more of a 'this is broken, see?' Or I have discovered this game breaking mechanic...

Arrogance tells them they won't get caught so the bans and losses don't even compute into the equation. Especially since there are workarounds to bans... Ie new characters, new account, new IP address... cuz if your worth anything as a hacker an IP ban means refresh my proxy server... or call my VPN and have them renew my address... the problem with defense is the offense only has to win once...

madstoog
03-02-2017, 09:38 PM
Come cross a few, tbh its easy to spot them.

was a zerker blocking every single attack (all lights from me) from 3 of us and also parrying, i event feinted like 6-7 heavy's in a row and his guard was just swinging in every single direction blocking everything. I mean as a zerker(my main) to block from 3 people consistently without a mistake and also stop every single guard break.. and he was a P1 zerker. Literally could not land 1 hit on him. Only time we was able to hit him was after he swung an attack. But seeing as he was just blocking everything he was constantly getting revenge.

Have been quite a few others as well, some people are just un hittable and they have they crazy offence as well. I mean i watch good players streaming and i seem them defending and no way do they attack wildly like these guys did. Its they like were attacking without fear of being hit or guard broke at all.