PDA

View Full Version : More XP for duals and Brawls

KnifeInUrNeck
02-23-2017, 11:26 PM
So I'll start out by saying this game can be tons of fun. I loved the betas and was super stoked to get my hands on this game. I envisioned a skill based game where people would go check out the 4 v4 modes but the big show would be the duals. I imagine a lot of the disappoint comes from how this was set up to be an XP grind. Maybe once people get their first set of purple, they won't be so drawn to the 4 v 4 maps because right now they are, by far, the most popular game modes. I don't thinks it's because they're fun. I think it's because of the nice chunk of XP you get whether you win or lose. I'm guilty of it myself to grind quicker but I love the duals. I just feel that if they boosted the more skillful games as far as XP goes, they can help make this game a fun and "honorable" experience but maybe it's just wishful thinking.

AkimuMC
02-23-2017, 11:28 PM
I play 4v4 modes more often because I have more fun in them. I think I prefer dominion just because of the dynamic situations that arise...

KnifeInUrNeck
02-24-2017, 12:01 AM
I play 4v4 modes more often because I have more fun in them. I think I prefer dominion just because of the dynamic situations that arise...

I can dig that. Some people love it or just being able to play with a group of friends. But for those of us that aren't huge fans, we have the option of doing what we like but progressing slower or being pigeon holed into a game mode not as fun. Dominion has its moments, don't get me wrong, but it's more about teamwork and less about skill.

MiZrY101
02-24-2017, 12:08 AM
I mostly play 1v1 mode. It would be nice to at least get a few orders for 1v1. The last one I can remember was from closed beta. :confused:

Ujir0
02-24-2017, 01:20 AM
So I'll start out by saying this game can be tons of fun. I loved the betas and was super stoked to get my hands on this game. I envisioned a skill based game where people would go check out the 4 v4 modes but the big show would be the duals. I imagine a lot of the disappoint comes from how this was set up to be an XP grind. Maybe once people get their first set of purple, they won't be so drawn to the 4 v 4 maps because right now they are, by far, the most popular game modes. I don't thinks it's because they're fun. I think it's because of the nice chunk of XP you get whether you win or lose. I'm guilty of it myself to grind quicker but I love the duals. I just feel that if they boosted the more skillful games as far as XP goes, they can help make this game a fun and "honorable" experience but maybe it's just wishful thinking.

i TOTALLY agree.
It's just not worth it when you're grinding exp, while i find it more enjoyable.
MORE EXP!

Jarvis_Binks
02-24-2017, 01:34 AM
I would have to agree, some more orders seems like the most obvious solution to this. I also think there should be some way to get higher skilled bots in the 1v1 mix. I enjoy the p2p but I feel they could link difficulty to bot level even?? Encourage players to constantly get pushed even on the AI side...everyone getting better only makes it better right?! But yeah, agreed.