PDA

View Full Version : If you think x is op

B4gs4Days
02-23-2017, 09:45 PM
Exactly what the title says. You need to learn to play. Most of you are complaining about revenge, dodgeing, character speed, etc. But the fact of the matter isnt a character being OP, its that most of you dont know how to play the game.

The only things that need fixing isnthe guardbreak counter and revenge poping in 1v1s. Both are easy fixes and both will be for quality of life.

As it stands revenge activates in 1v1s even if no one else attacks. The way to adjust this is to make no revenge gained in a 1v1 engagement, as soon as another enemy is within 20 meters, revenge gain starts.

Guardbreak doesnt work with certian classes against other certian classes. And is beig addressed.

Its not the game being broken guys. Its you yourself with the broken mindset of "i cant beat this type of toon nerf it so i can win how i want" ADAPT people. Or lest you will make the game easy cheesey

BlackbirdMPK
02-24-2017, 12:10 AM
There are OP characters in this game? I have yet to play against any character who gives me more of an issue than the next. The only difference seems to be the player's skill. When i go into a match I don't think "Aw man an Orochi." I think "I wonder if this guy is good."

DrExtrem
02-24-2017, 12:17 AM
Some heroes are unbalanced and maybe a bit too good vs. certain other heroes.

Certain mechanics on the other hand, are disproportionally helpful for some of the heroes

If a mechanic is working against your favour, you can't do much against it.

Sauronbaine
02-24-2017, 12:27 AM
Certain characters are played more than others. There is a glaring problem regarding this. Most people are gravitating to the PK, the Orochi, the Nooboshi and the Warden.

This suggest that certain characters are stronger than others which is true.

You have yet to figure out that all fighting games have the same problems. Speed wins.

Tools wins.

Lackluster kits loses.

agentxyz2
02-24-2017, 12:29 AM
Certain characters are played more than others. There is a glaring problem regarding this. Most people are gravitating to the PK, the Orochi, the Nooboshi and the Warden.

This suggest that certain characters are stronger than others which is true.

You have yet to figure out that all fighting games have the same problems. Speed wins.

Tools wins.

Lackluster kits loses.

Agreed.

Meksikinietis
02-24-2017, 12:32 AM
Learn to play? Spam all time with ligth attack ,dodge and hit, hit and dodge :D and you say learn to play? My main character is to slowly. So its my problem? GO wash your head ;)

B4gs4Days
02-26-2017, 12:10 AM
Yes learn to play. Ita simple. Learn. Simple. If they do the same stuff. Counter it. I dont see anyone complaining about how 4 of the 12 heros have an almost unstopable combo. You dont see us asking for nerfs for that. You see players with skill, like me, wanting gb fixed, networking, and to fix the defense only meta game at high levels of play. Other than that learn the other toons movesets then counter. Easy.

TCTF_SWAT
02-26-2017, 12:12 AM
X is OP? I dunno...... A is a pretty powerful letter.....

GrauWolf_Kull
02-26-2017, 12:14 AM
Uhhh...... Its so Annoying......

I dont thing some Heros are OP.... I thing... some Heros can just be abuset to easily..... There are Players, that play some Heros and spam Skills all the time... That is ABUSING in my eyes..... And some Heros are way to easily to abuse !

Like the Conquerror at the momend ot Noobushi whit the Bleed or some other Heros.

as an example... Take a marauder, GB some one, throw him to the gorund, press Mouse 1 and 2 and do a unstoppable hit, get garantie DMG, REPEAT THAT and you will win. That is Abusing.. so it is... and That must be fixed...

B4gs4Days
02-26-2017, 12:15 AM
And yes, it is your problem. Youre choosing a class that doesnt suit your playstyle. Which is gb spam them off the edge. No toon is op. There are underpowered ones such as valkaryie, and raider. Then there are bugged ones such as the pk, and you guys still complain about it. If u want dodge to cost stam, make blocking cost stam and if you miss a gb you lose all stam.

Point of asassian classes is to HARRASS, BE FASTER THAN, BUT WEAK. i get 3 shot by kensei. But when i attack i have to hit them bout 10 times. So youre crying balance when no toon was "balanced" with each other. The only thing most of you are having trouble with is beating a playstyle. Not a toon.

CxAylix
02-26-2017, 01:32 AM
I used to play peacekeeper in the beta and walked all over everyone with lights. When the game released I decided to try other characters and not use assassins. In the beggining I saw why I was doing good during the beta and it was because the assassins are fast and against someone who does not know what they are doing are really good. As I kept playing I swore the assassin class was OP, as I got a lot better though and found a character that I liked (Raider) which is a slow character I found myself beating most assassins I come accross. Most people complain ororchi and pk are the most OP but I actually struggle the most with berserker, but I still have more to learn and eventually I'm sure berserker will not seem so powerful. All this being said though there are still many bugs to address and I'm sure this will help game play in the future. My biggest thing is that when the berserker does that dash/light where they roll around you, I can't hit them even when my axe clearly goes through them, I don't have that problem with orochi or pk. Even still I agree that no character is "OP"

GLR476
02-26-2017, 02:08 AM
Exactly what the title says. You need to learn to play. Most of you are complaining about revenge, dodgeing, character speed, etc. But the fact of the matter isnt a character being OP, its that most of you dont know how to play the game.

The only things that need fixing isnthe guardbreak counter and revenge poping in 1v1s. Both are easy fixes and both will be for quality of life.

As it stands revenge activates in 1v1s even if no one else attacks. The way to adjust this is to make no revenge gained in a 1v1 engagement, as soon as another enemy is within 20 meters, revenge gain starts.

Guardbreak doesnt work with certian classes against other certian classes. And is beig addressed.

Its not the game being broken guys. Its you yourself with the broken mindset of "i cant beat this type of toon nerf it so i can win how i want" ADAPT people. Or lest you will make the game easy cheesey

See the problem is that this opinion implicity assumes the game is somehow 'perfectly balanced' on release.

When in reality in the opinion of the devs themselves it is not and they plan and intend on making tweaks as they get more data.

SO there are SOME things that are unbalanced in the game and need tweaking; but that doesn't mean everyone who prestige 1 character and has a one sided view of the game (a lot of people) are correct.

Sky-Sweeper
02-26-2017, 02:14 AM

Yeah you try fighting a side-step-light-attack-stun-locking berserker as a lawbringer and tell me that fight is balanced

xjlxking
02-26-2017, 02:17 AM
Pretty idiotic how some people talk about how stupid it sounds when someone cries that something might be OP and then they say, it's BALANCED.

I have played countless competitive PVP games, there was never a perfectly balance game except a rare few. To claim for honor has that level of balance is idiot.

B4gs4Days
02-26-2017, 02:19 AM
See the problem is that this opinion implicity assumes the game is somehow 'perfectly balanced' on release.

When in reality in the opinion of the devs themselves it is not and they plan and intend on making tweaks as they get more data.

SO there are SOME things that are unbalanced in the game and need tweaking; but that doesn't mean everyone who prestige 1 character and has a one sided view of the game (a lot of people) are correct.

Sorry im prestige 6 with a 4.0 kd. Totally dont know right? Yea i do.

B4gs4Days
02-26-2017, 02:21 AM
You guys want balance? Make every toon do the same amount of dmg, stam consumption, and use the same weapons and feats. THAT is balance. You want a "balanced" fighting game, play the original street fighter. 2 toons same moves all around.